Manufactured by Infineer.
The Encore Smart Card Reader - USB is required to download information from a Respironics smart card for processing by Encore Pro and Encore Viewer Software 2.1.
This product is a card reader only. It does not include software nor the smart card. The driver for this reader is included in the Encore Viewer Software 2.1
Return On Warranty Issues Only
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 10 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Instructions for Installing Encore Card Reader
Be aware that you will need to load the EncoreViewer Software before attaching the Smart Card Reader. Once the disc labeled "EncoreViewer Software for Windows" is installed, attach the Card Reader. The hardware will install without a CD if your computer already has drivers loaded. If the computer asks to load drives, use the disc labeled SmartCard Reader/Writer "Installation wizard for the software drivers. For Windows OS".
This package does not include a Smart Card.
Here are links to information that may be helpful in using this card reader:
Respironics Encore Viewer Software 1.0.
Encore Pro Smart Card
CPAP Product Customer Reviews View All Reviews
No reviews to display
CPAP Video & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What data capable machines are available?
- CPAP machines which record full data (such as AHI and leak info):
- ICON Premo CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart
- IntelliPAP Standard Plus CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- PR System One REMstar Pro CPAP Machine with AutoIQ
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine
- S9 Elite™ CPAP Machine with EPR™
- Transcend II Travel CPAP Machine
AutoPAP ("Autotitrating CPAP" or "APAP") machines which record full data:
- ICON Auto CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and SensAwake
- IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine
- PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™ Heated Humidifier for Her
- SleepStyle 254 Auto CPAP Machine with Built In Heated Humidifier
BiLevel ("BiPAP") machines which record full data:
- IntelliPAP AutoBiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- IntelliPAP BiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP autoSV Advanced
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Pro with Bi-Flex
- PR System One REMstar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex
- PR System One REMstar BiPAP Pro with Bi-Flex
- PR System One REMstar BiPAP ST Machine
- S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine
- S9 VPAP™ S BiLevel Machine
CPAP Machines that only record compliance data (hours used) are:
- IntelliPAP Standard Travel CPAP Machine
- PR System One REMstar DS150 CPAP Machine
- PR System One REMstar Plus CPAP Machine with C-Flex
- PR System One REMstar 60 Series Plus CPAP Machine with C-Flex
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series SE CPAP Machine
- S9 Escape™ CPAP Machine with EPR™
- SleepEasy II CPAP Machine with Built In Heated Humidifier and C-Flex
- SleepStyle 234 CPAP Machine with Built In Heated Humidifier
- What does CPAP software do?
- CPAP software allows for the downloading of information from certain CPAP machines. Information on breathing, pressure levels delivered, apneas, etc. is available to help determine the effectiveness of CPAP therapy. Software is not required to operate a CPAP machine. CPAP software provides more data than the information obtained through the on-screen display or SmartCode. Also, the software allows you and your doctor to view any night of recorded data by revealing results on an hour by hour basis.
Some CPAP manufacturers maintains a proprietary software package that is only compatible with their machines.
Here is a list of each manufacturer and the name of its related full data software:
- Philips Respironics: EncorePro - sold for sleep professionals
- Philips Respironics: EncoreViewer 1.0 - sold for patient use
- Puritan Bennett (Legacy 420 Series): SilverLining 3.10 - sold for both
- Covidien: Sandman Series Therapy Software 1.2 - sold for both
- Resmed: ResScan 3.3 and ResScan 3.7 - sold for sleep professionals
- DeVilbiss: SmartLink Therapy Management Software - sold for both
- Fisher & Paykel: Performance Maximizer - sold for both
Here is a list of each manufacturer and the name of their related compliance software:
- AEIOMed: DataRest Compliance Software Kit - sold for both
- Fisher & Paykel: Compliance Maximizer - sold for both
- What types of Software are available?
- There are two types of software available: compliance software and advanced software.
Compliance software provides data such as patient hours, total machine operating hours, pressure setting, and pressure relief information. Advance software includes compliance data, as well as more detailed data such as AHI (Apnea/Hypopnea Index), leakage, average pressure, and a graphical representation of data.
Compliance software is available with some standard CPAP machines. Advanced software is available with most top of the line CPAP machines, APAP machines, and BiLevel machines.
- How do I interpret my data?
- Software data can be interpreted by your physician or clinician. There are also many websites and search engines available to help you research the sleep apnea related terms which will provide more knowledge in managing your own CPAP therapy. Visit CPAPtalk.com, our free sleep apnea forum, which is a great resource for CPAP users who want to understand their condition and take control of their health.