Finally a CPAP Machine that leaves the bedside table! This is the CPAP traveler's Dream Machine! Weighing under 1 lb, the Transcend is quiet and vibration-free. Transcend is an all in one CPAP system that delivers humidity through a clinically proven heat moisture exchanger (HME). This CPAP system is compatible with the most popular CPAP masks. The design of this CPAP system allows you to freely move while asleep without being tangled in a hose. The Transcend also comes with a mobile power adapter option and battery option allowing for full mobility. Interested in hearing what real users thought about the Transcend? Check out the Video tab below to hear from people who actually used the Transcend.
Manufactured by Somnetics.
Product FeaturesThe Transcend CPAP Machine is worn on the head. It is held in place by headgear and padded by a soft cushion located at the bottom of the CPAP machine. A small hose connects the CPAP machine to the breathing interface. A mask cushion is placed onto the breathing interface by using the appropriate mask adapter clip. A heat moisture exchanger (HME) is placed where the hose meets the breathing interface and provides humidification. The Transcend comes as a complete sleep apnea system. The only product that needs to be purchased separately is a compatible mask cushion. Refer to the list below for compatible masks.
This machine is ideal for CPAP users:
- Who are campers, truckers, or business/frequent travelers who want a second lighter and more compact CPAP system to fit into luggage and carry with them.
- Experienced CPAP users who are successfully using one of the compatible masks listed below.
- Experienced CPAP users who are looking for a CPAP system with an easy power backup setup, so that if the electricity goes out, your machine continues to deliver treatment. See the "Power" tab for more details on how to setup power backup with the Transcend.
- Experienced CPAP users who either use their heated humidifier at settings 1 or 2, or who do not use a heated humidifier.
Strengths of the Transcend:
- Small, Light & Wearable. The Transcend is the smallest CPAP on the market and weighs less than one pound. The Transcend is worn on the head. If you feel comfortable wearing a baseball cap or other hat, you should not have a problem wearing this CPAP. The bottom of the machine has a thick pad which provides a soft cushion for the top of your head. The Transcend is held in place by headgear.
- No 6ft Hose. Transcend uses a hose that is short - inches rather than feet. The short hose helps minimize mask leaks caused by a long hose pulling the mask to the side. With this machine, you will no longer have to reach for the hose when moving during the night.
- Chamberless Humidification. No more stocking up on distilled water. Instead of using a traditional humidifier that requires a water chamber, the Transcend uses a small, disposable hygienic heat moisture exchanger (HME). The HME captures moisture from the patient's exhaled breath, which provides warm humidification to prevent nose irritation and congestion. HME technology is used daily in ventilators in the hospital setting.
- Compatible with Popular Masks. All you need to make this CPAP a complete Sleep Apnea System is a compatible mask cushion. If you are using one of the masks on the list, all you need to do is take the cushion from your mask, and using the right mask adapter clip (which will come with the machine) attached the mask cushion and adapter clip to Transcend's breathing interface. The manufacturer of the Transcend is working to expand the list of compatible masks. Transcend is currently compatible with the following masks:
- Alternative Power Sources. The Transcend offers an optional mobile power adapter which can power the CPAP machine from any standard DC power supply. The Transcend also offers optional 4-cell and 8-cell battery packs which can either be worn on the arm or chest, or placed under the pillow.
- Easy to Maintain & Clean. The Transcend has few parts to maintain and clean. The hygienic HME is disposable. The Transcend has an air intake filter like other CPAP machines, and includes an LED light that turns on every 6 months to remind you to replace this filter. The Transcend also has a "dry mode" feature that blows air at the end of each use to dry the CPAP system.
- Auto Altitude Adjustment. No need to worry about adjusting your CPAP machine when traveling to places with a different altitude.
Who Might Not Be Right for this Machine:
- No exhalation relief feature. If you have become accustomed to using a CPAP machine with exhalation relief such as C-Flex, A-Flex, EPR, or Smart-Flex this machine might not be for you.
- No Auto Pressure Adjustment. The Transcend is a basic CPAP machine in that it blows one straight pressure. If you use an auto adjusting CPAP machine (APAP) this machine might not be for you.
- No Compatibility with Full Face Masks or Nasal Pillows. The Transcend is compatible with the most popular nasal CPAP masks. The manufacturer of the Transcend plans to continue to grow the list of masks the machine is compatible with, however, at this time they are focused on Nasal Masks.
- Compliance Data Only. This CPAP tracks compliance data. The software to access this data is included with the CPAP machine. If you need to provide compliance data to an employer or other organization, this data is easy to access. This CPAP does not track advanced efficacy data such as AHI.
- New CPAP Users. The Transcend is not a good choice for first time CPAP users. It is better suited as a second machine, or travel machine for experienced users who have found success using one of the compatible masks.
- High Humidification. If you use your heated humidifier at setting 4 or 5, the Transcend is not for you. The Transcend should provide the same comfortable humidification if you use your humidifier at settings 1-3.
- Worn on the Head. If you cannot comfortably where a baseball cap or other hat, the Transcend is not for you. When you lay down the light weight of the Transcend actually is adsorbed by the pillow, however the headgear does keep the Transcend in place. If you do not feel comfortable wearing a hat, you will not feel comfortable wearing the Transcend.
- People who wear a Chinstrap. If you wear a chinstrap nightly, the Transcend might not be for you. The Transcend does not currently come with a chin strap.
- 5% to 7% Louder Than the Leading CPAP Machine. Because the Transcend is worn on your head and instead of the bedside table, you will hear the machine more.
This Product Includes...
- Transcend Soft & Wearable CPAP Machine
- Forehead Pad and Holder
- Mask Adapter Ring
- Power Supply
- 4 HMEs
- Travel Bag
- Spiral Bound Quick Guide
- Information CD with user manuals, compliance software, and quick guide
- DVD wth User Videos
Device Weight: 0.9 lbs
Device Dimensions: 6.1 in x 3.5 in x 2.8 in (15.4 cm x 8.9 cm x 7.0 cm)
Breathing Interface (shell/seal) Weight: 0.14 lbs (62 g)
CPAP Hose Dimensions: 16-mm diameter, 28 cm long
AC Supply Input: 100 to 240 VAC, 50-60Hz
AC Supply Output: 19VDC, 2.6 Amp
Pressure: 6 to 16 cm H2O
Ramp: 0 to 45 min
Operating Altitude: 0 to 8000 feet
Warranty: 2 years
Sound Level: 31.4 dB
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 10 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Important TipsThe manufacturer recommends replacing the HME filter on a weekly basis. The Transcend comes with a supply of 4 HMEs. Additional HMEs will be available for resupply.
A USB cable is not included with the package. Any standard USB cable can be used to change the settings.
If you have questions about this machine that you do not see the answer for, please call us at 1-800-356-5221 or submit a question. We will update this product page as we receive customer questions.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 10101 Stafford Centre Drive, Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
CPAP Power OptionsAC Power
The Transcend comes with a Universal AC Power Supply used with a wall outlet. If you travel outside of the US, you will need to add adapter plugs.
Optional Mobile Power Adapter
Transcend offers a mobile power adapter that plugs into a standard DC power supply. The mobile adapter can be used to power the Transcend throughout the night without draining your vehicle's battery.
Optional Battery Packs
Transcend offers two optional batteries, a 4-cell battery and an 8-cell battery. You should fully charge the batteries before using them the first time. The Transcend 4-cell battery pack provides sufficient power to operate the Transcend CPAP device for a minimum of 8 hours at a pressure setting of 10 cm H2O. The 8-cell battery provides power for approximately 15 hours of continuous use at the same setting.
The battery packs come with a pouch and straps that allow the battery packs to be worn on the arm or chest. The battery packs can alternatively be placed under the pillow and do not need to be worn.
The battery packs will not be available for the Jan 21st machine launch. The manufacturer expects to start shipping the Transcend battery packs by the end of February/beginning of March.
Setup for Fail Over Backup Power
With the optional battery pack, you can setup your system to have power if your electricity goes out due to a blizzard, hurricane, etc. To set up a fail over system:
- Plug the Transcend's AC power supply into the wall.
- Plug the other end of the Transcend's AC power supply into the optional Transcend Battery pack.
- Plug the Battery Pack into the Transcend.
CPAP Product Customer Reviews View All Reviews
No reviews to display
CPAP Video & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What are the care instructions for HME filters?
- HME filters will be packaged individually in a sealed bag. Unused HME filters should be stored in a sealed bag.
- How long does a heat moisture exchanger (HME) last?
- Different people require different levels of humidification. The HME should be replaced once you feel you are no longer receiving adequate humidification. Generally, this will be about once a week. Your Transcend system comes with four HMEs. Additional HMEs will be available for resupply.
- Do I need to charge the battery pack before I use it for the first time?
- Yes, you need to fully charge the battery before using it with the Transcend for the first time.
- How long does it take the batteries to charge the first time?
- It takes approximately 6 hours to fully charge the battery the first time. This is also the amount of time it takes to recharge the battery from fully discharged to fully recharged. The battery can be recharged using an AC power supply or the mobile power adapter from a car or truck battery.
- How long will the battery power my Transcend during therapy?
- The Transcend 4-cell battery pack provides sufficient power to operate the Transcend CPAP device for a minimum of 8 hours at a pressure setting of 10 cm H2O. The 8-cell battery provides power for approximately 15 hours of continuous use at the same setting.
- How do I travel with Transcend? Can I use it on my flight?
- You should carry your Transcend with you onto the flight. You should never put your transcend in checked luggage as it can be damaged through normal luggage handling procedures. As a medical device, most airlines will not count your Transcend as a carry-on item. Be sure to call the airline in advance to clarify procedures and in-flight policies.
- Can I use Transcend overseas?
- Yes! Transcend’s universal AC power supply makes it easy to use Transcend outside the United States. The universal power supply automatically converts the power current, so all you need to bring on your trip is a plug adapter to fit the two prong configuration of your Transcend power supply.
- What warranty is offered with Transcend?
- The Transcend comes with a 2 year manufacturer's warranty.
- Will wearing Transcend be uncomfortable?
- Just as getting used to using a CPAP may take some time, changing to wearing the CPAP on your head may take a night or two to get used to. Sleep therapy patients who have tried Transcend tell us that once you lay your head on the pillow you will hardly notice that Transcend is there. It is designed to move slightly on your head so you can move and turn in bed without breaking the mask seal.
- Transcend is designed to be worn on the head. Are there any heat or electromagnetic emission issues I should be concerned about when using Transcend?
- There are not. Transcend has been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and found safe for everyday use. In addition, Transcend uses advance blower technology that all but eliminates friction and heat generation. You will feel no heat or vibration from Transcend.
- Transcend is right next to my ear. Is it noisy?
- Transcend is not noisy, however, because the Transcend is worn on your head and instead of the bedside table, the sound you will hear the Transcend is 5% to 7% louder than the sounds generated by the market leading CPAP machine. Most patients, or their bed partners, do not find this to be objectionable, but it is an important point to consider when thinking about purchasing Transcend.