Ultra Mirage™ Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Get mask wipes for just 1˘ more when you add this item to your cart.
The Ultra Mirage™ Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear is a great solution for CPAP user who have frequent nasal congestion. Or, it can be useful to have on hand in case of a cold or bothersome allergies. The Ultra Mirage Full Face Mask cushion has a dual wall design to offer a reliable seal.
Manufactured by ResMed.
4% of Full Face Mask product buyers choose this product.
4.3 of 5 393 Reviews
Have a question? Call us!1-800-356-5221(Mon-Fri 8AM-10PM CST, Sat 8AM-6PM CST)
"I really like this mask. With a few exceptions...
The mask I've been using for the past 6 months or so is the Respironics ComfortFull II. That's my main comparison.
1. Venting. The ComfortFull shoots a stream of air out in front, right above where the hose joins the mask - which meant my wife was sometimes awakened by the breeze blowing in her face. The Ultra Mirage vents out the top of the mask, so I don't have to worry about disturbing my wife when I roll over her direction.
2. More about the venting: Because it vents out the top of the mask, rather than near where the hose connects to the mask, the "sweep" inside the mask seems a lot better. The air in the ComfortFull would occasionally seem a bit stale, and I'd always awaken with condensation in the mask, even at low humidifier levels. With the Ultra Mirage, I no longer have condensation. At all. Even on a humidity setting where I'd occasionally end up with a puddle inside my ComfortFull.
3. Headgear. There are clips at all four connection points, making it really easy to completely remove the headgear for cleaning without having to twiddle with the sizing adjustments afterward. And though I first thought it might be more difficult to deal with the clip when I take the mask off and on in the middle of the night when I get up to go to the bathroom or something, it's really easy. I picked up the hang of it immediately - it's designed well enough that the clip just seems to slide right into place, even though I can't see what I'm doing. The headgear also seems more comfortable on the back of my neck.
4. Fit. With the exception of a leak around my nose (see below), I haven't had any leakage problems. The ComfortFull often leaked in random places.
5. Oxygen Ports. On the ComfortFull, the oxygen port was a hole with a little rubber cover. The cover had a tendency to come loose in the night, and I'd awaken to find I was losing pressure. The Ultra Mirage has two ports, but the covers screw on, so it's a lot more difficult for them to just open up while I'm sleeping.
6. Replaceable cushion. Rather than having to replace the whole mask, it's possible to just order a new cushion for the Ultra Mirage. The cushion is not replaceable on the ComfortFull. A replacement cushion is less than 1/3 the price of a new mask.
1. To take the mask apart for a thorough cleaning, it's like a jigsaw puzzle with several small parts that can easily get lost. On the plus side, the instructions are clear, and it's possible to get the entire mask good and clean.
2. The plastic in this mask doesn't feel as substantial as that in the Respironics, but it's also lighter.
3. The forehead piece adjustment isn't as good for me. I've tried some masks that didn't have a forehead piece adjustment, and they don't work for me. The Ultra Mirage has a forehead piece adjustment, but it's not as flexible as on the ComfortFull. On the ComfortFull, I had to bring the top of the mask in toward my face to seal around my nose. The Ultra Mirage doesn't allow me to bring the mask in as far. Nevertheless, the mask almost fits - my only problem is a persistent leak on the left side of my nose. I'm a side sleeper, and it doesn't matter whether I'm on my left side or right side - I still get that leak, and it occasionally wakes me up. If the forehead adjustment allowed me to bring the top of the mask in just a bit, the fit would be perfect, because that is the ONLY LEAK I have trouble with. I've tried repositioning the mask, moving it up and down on my face, moving it from side to side ... still have trouble on the left side of my nose."
"I found this mask to be unsatisfactory for several reasons:
Noisy - more so than the mask I was using. Air flow, leaks, and creaking of the forehead piece when I would shift positions in the bad.
Uncomfortable - forehead piece at points of contact even though adjustable. (looking somewhat flimsy, possibly not hold up)
Leaks - the only way I could stop "flatulent" like leaking was to cinch up the headgear so tightly that it caused my head to ache.
Head gear latch - difficult to find the place where it attaches, especially at night in a dark room.
The four nights I struggled with this mask were not restful and I was awake more than normal, trying to adjust straps or stop the inordinate noise of the air flow, or get relief from inordinate pressure from the headgear. Thankfully, I am able to return the mask and go back to the mask that I have been using for several years."
"Exact product I needed."
"love this mask, realize that there are better masks on the market, but this one has worked very well for years, only the second mask in the last seven years. You should replace the cushion once per year from discoloration. If you are a smoke, you should replace every six months."
"I love this mask (well, to the degree one loves using one)! I can't find a local supplier for it so I appreciate being able to order it online. Thank you for such good service."