Search Frequently Asked QuestionsOr Ask a Question
Auto Adjusting CPAP Machine Overview
Auto Adjusting CPAP machines or APAPs adjust to your ideal pressure on a breath by breath basis. They can accommodate pressure changes from weight gain or loss, alcohol before bed and changing sleeping positions during sleep. They are very popular among savvy online shoppers for their advanced air flow settings and their support of therapy tracking software, off grid power options and heated humidification.Shop Now
Auto-Adjusting Machines FAQs
- Why might I prefer an APAP machine?
- Some CPAP users find it more pleasant to breathe with an APAP than with CPAP. The pressure delivered by an APAP machine automatically changes as needed to deliver the minimal pressure required to maintain the airway. The pressure delivered by a CPAP machine is set to a single pressure, the highest necessary to keep the airway open as determined during the sleep study. This is the case even when the higher pressure is needed only a fraction of the time.
- What is the difference between C-Flex and A-flex?
- C-flex drops the pressure on exhale only. A-flex drops the pressure on the exhale but also helps with the transition from inhale to exhale.
Auto-Adjusting Machines Video
CPAP Users Say
CPAPtalk.com CPAP User Discussions
Did You Know?, Auto-Adjusting Machines
- Auto adjusting CPAPs adjust to your breathing on a breath-by-breath basis.
- All machines offer ramp capabilities. With ramp, your machine will build up to your pressure setting, instead of starting at full pressure.
- If you are unsure of your selection, you can always read the user reviews for more information and a star rating.
- Most auto adjusting machines have auto on / off capabilities. This means you don't have to turn your machine off when you take a bathroom break.
Auto-Adjusting Machines Articles
CPAPtalk.com Wiki Articles
- Reasons to Use APAP
- Advantages of APAP
- Ideas for APAP Users to Discuss with Their Doctors
- Fully Data Capable APAPs
- The Difference Between APAPs and CPAPs
- Introducing the New PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine by Respironics
- 5 Ways to Get More from Your CPAP Machine
- EZ Breathing Technology: Understand Flex Features and More
- What's New In CPAP Machines? Auto-Adjusting CPAPs
- Quiet Machines
- Shop for Size of CPAP Machines