Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask Overview
Nasal pillow CPAP masks seal around the base of the nostrils, also called nares, using a soft pillow. Nasal pillow systems are held in place by headgear. They do not seal over your mouth. This design is preferred by those who want a minimal amount of weight and material on their face. Some users find pillows irritating to their nares. This style of CPAP mask has consistently gained popularity since its introduction to the market.Shop Now
Nasal Pillow FAQs
- Why might I prefer a nasal pillow mask?
- Nasal pillow delivery systems offer less contact with the face than either full face or traditional nasal masks. This system works well for those who tend to feel closed in or claustrophobic. Many nasal pillow systems have nothing that cross in front of the bridge of the nose allowing for a clear line of sight for reading or watching TV.
It can be easier to achieve a seal with this system, because there is less for you to adjust and less surface area to create and hold a seal.
Nasal pillow systems may work well for someone with a mustache or beard as the seal occurs only at the nares or nasal opening.
Someone who has a facial mole or scar near or around the nose, may find getting a seal with a traditional nasal mask difficult. Nasal pillows are an option in this circumstance.
Most nasal pillow masks also come with all sizes included to make finding the right size easier.
Here are some of our top selling Nasal Pillow Masks:
Swift™ FX Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Improved Stability Mouthpiece
+ See More
- What masks are recommended for people with small faces?
- Nasal pillow and nasal prong masks seal only at the nostrils or nares. Therefore, only the size of the nostrils has to be considered when selecting a delivery system. Also, most nasal pillow masks include small, medium, and large nasal pillow cushions to offer the user multiple options. Some nasal and full face masks are offered in smaller sizes.
We have created a selection filter so you can easily see the masks that we would recommend for people with small faces. View Masks for Small Faces.
Nasal Pillow Video
CPAP Users Say
CPAPtalk.com CPAP User Discussions
Did You Know?, Nasal Pillow
- Moisture Therapy may help alleviate irritation and redness.
- Your pressure setting may feel different through a nasal pillow mask than from a nasal or full face mask.
- Nasal pillows should be cleaned each morning after use and allowed to air dry.
- Nasal Pillow masks are great if you prefer to have air delivered directly through your nostrils.
Nasal Pillow Articles
CPAPtalk.com Wiki Articles
- Tips for Wearing a Mask and Using CPAP for the First Time
- Nasal Pillow comfort hints
- Mask Leaks
- Myths about nasal pillows
- Mask increases patient comfort
- Effect of nasal continuous positive airway pressure treatment on blood pressure in patients with obstructive sleep apnea.
- Ambulatory blood pressure after therapeutic and subtherapeutic nasal continuous positive airway pressure for obstructive sleep apnoea: a randomised parallel trial.
- Reduction in motor vehicle collisions following treatment of sleep apnoea with nasal CPAP.
- Reduced hospitalization with cardiovascular and pulmonary disease in obstructive sleep apnea patients on nasal CPAP treatment.