IntelliPAP AutoAdjust CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
Item # DV54D
Not Currently In Stock
IntelliPAP AutoAdjust CPAP Machine Overview
Save $23.99 on the Hybernite Rainout System when purchased with the IntelliPAP device. Select "Customize & Buy" to view the discounts.
The IntelliPAP is DeVilbiss' next generation APAP machine. This unit is backed by a 5 Year industry-leading warranty along with a history of reliability. The IntelliPAP AutoAdjust System is versatile and comes equipped for use during travel or at home. Now with SmartFlex, the AutoAdjust provides exhalation relief along with smooth, transitioning pressure when needed. It is one of the quietest machines on the market and with SmartCode, the IntelliPAP can generate therapy reports through the Internet.
The DeVilbiss IntelliPAP AutoAdjust CPAP System is designed to optimize therapy effectiveness. Take advantage of the APAP's ultra-sensitive snore detection and self adjusting pressure based on apnea/hypopnea detection. There are three large buttons for CPAP users to operate the device. When travel is a concern take advantage of the compact design allowing the APAP, humidifier, hose and accessories to store away in its travel bag.
Features & Benefits
- *FREE* Included Heated Humidifier
- Adjustable apnea/hypopnea detection
- Automatic Altitude Adjustment
- Pressure Ramp
- SmartCode compliance tracking
- Auto ON/OFF
- Reminder Alert
- Backlit LCD
- Easy-to-Follow CPAP user Menu
- Battery Backup Option
*FREE * Included Integrated Heated Humidifier
What good is a CPAP machine, if it makes your nose and throat painfully uncomfortable? To solve this problem you'll need to use this FREE included Integrated Heated Humidifier. This device is designed to hydrate your nasal passages or throat with soothing air that won't dry you out.
DeVilbiss jumps into the enhanced comfort market with the introduction of SmartFlex. This unique exhalation relief function provides three levels of customizable pressure reduction and six rounding options to tailor the transition between inhalation to exhalation. Like many existing pressure reduction technologies, SmartFlex lowers exhalation pressure by 1cmH20 per level (up to 3 cmH20), allowing users to breathe easier against their therapy pressure. What sets the IntelliPAP apart is its transitional rounding feature that prevents the user from experiencing adverse IPAP/EPAP pressure changes. When pressure drops during exhalation, the increase back to the prescribed therapy setting can disrupt the sleep cycle. In similar technologies, users may find themselves struggling against the transition and lose the benefits of exhalation relief. Now, SmartFlex's rounding function makes pressure comfort technology virtually seamless.
DeVilbiss has provided a chart that compares the IntelliPAP SmartFlex technology to both ResMed's EPR and Respironics pressure relief technology: Exhalation Relief Competitive Comparison Chart
SmartCode is a simple and easy way to review your sleep performance without the need to purchase software. Starting the day after your first treatment, the IntelliPAP machine begins to display SmartCode messages on your machine's LCD screen. Each message is a unique encrypted code containing the results of your sleep therapy. The IntelliPAP quickly confirms compliance using the Adherence Score. Doctors use the Adherence percentage score to determine whether a user is in compliance with CPAP LCD (Local Coverage Determination). SmartCodes report Adherence based on the best consecutive thirty days of usage. Codes can be generated for the following calendar schedule:
- 1 Day
- 7 Days
- 30 Days
- 90 Days
Battery Backup Option
The IntelliPAP machines use a separate connection for AC and DC power, allowing for the machine to be set up in a battery backup configuration. The included AC power cord can be plugged into an AC power source such as a wall outlet, and the optional IntelliPAP 12 Volt DC Power Cord can be plugged into a DC power source such as a battery. The IntelliPAP will use the AC power source by default, and if that source should fail, the machine will automatically convert to the DC power source, without any interruption in therapy. If the AC power source becomes available again, the machine will revert back. Please note that if using the heated humidifier, it will not function from DC power.
This Product Includes...
- IntelliPAP APAP Machine
- Carrying Case
- 6 Foot Hose
- 8 Foot Power Cord
- Reusable Foam Filter
- Disposable Fine Filter
- Patient Manual
- Heated Humidifier
The power supply is internal for the IntelliPAP line. There is no bulky power adapter or brick.
Pressure Range 3-20 cm H20 (.5 increments)
Ramp Time 0-45 mins in 5 min increments and .5 increments for pressure)
Starting Ramp Pressure From 4cm up to CPAP pressure, CPAP-user-adjustable
Dimensions - Machine Alone (Without Humidifier) 4.2" H x 6.5" W x 6.9" D
Dimensions - Machine with Humidifier Attached 6.4" H x 6.5" W x 8.4" D
Dimensions - Travel Bag with Extension Closed: 9" H x 9.5" W x 6.75" D
Dimensions - Travel Bag with Extension Open: 9" H x 12" W x 6.75" D
Weight 2.75 lbs (CPAP Alone); 4.45 lbs (CPAP with Humidifier)
On-Board Memory Therapy Data - 90 days; Usage Data - 3 years
SD Card File Format Requirement: FAT16 (SDHC FAT32 is Not Compatible)
Altitude Compensation Automatic - maximum height 9000 feet.
Electrical Requirements 100 - 240 AC, 12volt DC
European Voltage Usage Yes, outlet adapters required
Required Settings: This machine does not have required settings.
Unless directed otherwise, CPAP.com will leave this machine at the default settings of:
- Pressure: 5-15cm H2O
- SmartFlex: On/Full Time
- Auto-Off: Off
- Auto-On: Off
- Delay Time: 20 minutes
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
DeVilbiss offers free firmware upgrades for the IntelliPAP Series of CPAP machines. For example, The AutoAdjust update allows existing owners to add SmartCode and SmartFlex technologies. You can check for the most recent firmware update here: Model DV5 Series Firmware Updates.
Once you have downloaded the firmware software, use the IntelliPAP CPAP to PC Firmware Upgrade Serial Cable to upload your DeVilbiss firmware to the machine from your computer. The cable connects to the back of the CPAP and to any PC serial port on your computer.
IntelliPAP users must have a PC serial port available for the firmware upgrade to work. The DeVilbiss software only supports a serial connection; USB-to-USB or other connections will not work. If your computer does not come with a serial port, CPAP.com provides a USB male to Serial male (9-pin) DB-9 RS-232 adapter that allows users to update their IntelliPAP CPAP machines through your computer's USB port. If you do not have a serial port available, then you will need to buy both cords together: IntelliPAP Firmware Upgrade Cable with USB-to-Serial PC Adapter.
Here are some basic instructions on how to install a firmware update once you have downloaded the software to your PC:
1. If a DV5M SmartLink Module is attached to the CPAP, be sure to remove before continuing.
2. Connect the CPAP to a free serial port with cable DV51D-615 and apply AC power to the CPAP device.
3. Close your web browser and all other open applications.
4. Run the DV5xFirmware.exe application Note: No files will be permanently installed on your computer.
5. The software will automatically search the computer serial ports for a supported CPAP device. If found, the "Connected CPAP Details" section will show information about the attached device.
6. Click the "Start" button to begin the firmware update. The progress bar and status messages will be updated as the firmware update proceeds. Wait for the update to complete before using your computer. Do not run any other applications during the update.
7. When finished, the software shows the results on the screen (OK or Fail). If the update was successfully completed, you can close the program by clicking the "Exit" button. If the update fails press "Start" to try again.
On-Board Memory and SD Card Requirements
The IntelliPAP AutoAdjust stores up to 90 days of therapy data and up to 3 years of usage data. If an SD memory card is used to retrieve data from the machine it must be a file format of FAT16. CPAP.com offers this card: SD Memory Card for IntelliPAP Machines as an option. SD cards with other formats, such as an SDHC card formatted for FAT32, will not work with the IntelliPAP machine.
A bacteria filter will not install directly to the air outlet port on the IntelliPAP Heated Humidifier. The filter is too bulky and there is not enough space. IntelliPAP humidifier owners can order the FlexiTube Angle Adapter for CPAP and BiPAP Machines to provide a spacer between the humidifier and the bacteria filter. Your CPAP hose can then fit onto the other end of the bacteria filter.
Hose Length Settings
The IntelliPAP AutoAdjust CPAP has two hose length settings: 6 ft and 10 ft. If using an 8 ft hose, the manufacturer recommends using the 6 ft setting. The machine will still automatically adjust to the correct pressure using this setting with an 8 ft hose.
5 Year Manufacturer IntelliPAP Machine Warranty
DeVilbiss offers an industry leading 5 (five) year manufacturer warranty on IntelliPAP machine orders placed on or after 2/15/2012.
- If the order date for an IntelliPAP machine is 2/15/2012 or later it carries a 5 year manufacturer warranty.
- If the order date for an IntelliPAP machine is 2/14/2012 or earlier it carries a 3 year manufacturer warranty.
3 Year Manufacturer IntelliPAP Humidifier Warranty
DeVilbiss offers a 3 (three) year manufacturer warranty on IntelliPAP Humidifier orders placed on or before 2/14/2012.
- If the order date for an IntelliPAP Humidifier is 2/15/2012 or later it carries a 5 year manufacturer warranty.
- If the order date for an IntelliPAP Humidifier is 2/14/2012 or earlier it carries a 3 year manufacturer warranty.
The following is a listing of IntelliPAP error codes and their meanings:
|E01||Read Setting Error. Stored prescription settings are corrupted. Unit is in fail-safe state (blower off) when this error displays. See Troubleshooting and Service Instructions to correct fault, or return unit for repair.|
|E03||Motor Error. Unit attempts to drive the motor, but the blower is not spinning (zero motor speed). See Troubleshooting and Service Instructions to correct fault, or return unit for repair.|
|E04||Locked Rotor Error. Average motor speed is low, while the motor current is high, for several seconds. See Troubleshooting and Service Instructions to correct fault, or return unit for repair.|
|E06||Motor Runaway Error. Motor speed is high and the pressure and total flow are low (close to zero) for a fixed period of time. See Troubleshooting and Service Instructions to correct fault, or return unit for repair.|
|E07||Motor Fault Error. The motor control chip fault output goes active low for a fixed period of time. See Troubleshooting and Service Instructions to correct fault, or return unit for repair.|
|EA0||Internal DataFlash Memory Failure. Internal DataFlash memory not recognized or not working. Unit must be returned for service. Critical error that will show up on the PAP LCD display. PAP Still functional.|
|EA1||Master Time Stamp Not Advancing. Real time clock not initialized or has failed. Unit must be returned for service. Critical error that will show up on the PAP LCD display. CPAP Still functional.|
CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
The DeVilbiss IntelliPAP system operates automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on that power.
The user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver. World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
The IntelliPAP Series come equipped with a DC plug on the back of the unit. This allows the user to connect the CPAP to an external DC battery source. The IntelliPAP can be powered by plugging the 12volt DC Power Cord into a cigarette lighter plug. This is ideal for traveling by car, boat, or recreational vehicle that is equipped with a cigarette lighter plug.
Important Note: If using the heated humidifier with the IntelliPAP series, the units cannot be operated from DC power. A modified sine wave inverter of at least 120VAC is necessary to power both the machine and humidifier from a DC power source. CPAP.com carries two inverters that would be compatible:
Battery Backup Option
Because the IntelliPAP machines use a separate connection for AC and DC power, they can be set up in a battery backup configuration. The AC power cord is plugged AC power source such as a wall outlet, and the optional IntelliPAP 12 Volt DC Power Cord is plugged into a DC power source such as a battery. The IntelliPAP will use the AC power source when available, otherwise will convert to the DC power source, without any interruption in therapy. If the AC power source becomes available again, the machine will revert back. Please note that if using the heated humidifier, it will not function from DC power.
The Portable Outlet is a great way to power this CPAP machine, as well as many others. The Portable Outlet converts the battery's stored DC power into convenient outlet power, allowing you to power any CPAP machine or electrical device using the main power supply that came with the device. The Portable Outlet is so versatile it can power TVs, stereos, blenders... anything! It also includes convenient USB ports that allow you to charge your phone or tablet while charging your CPAP.
Weighing in at only 1.7 pounds the Freedom Battery is a terrific option for travel. Plus, the Freedom with a DC cable and connector peg suitable for use with the IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex so no need to purchase a separate DC cable. This lithium ion battery meets UN Manual Test and Criteria requirements for travel.
PLEASE NOTE: The IntelliPAP AutoAdjust CPAP Machine connects to the Freedom Battery using Tip "J". Tip "J" is included with the Freedom Battery.
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available machines, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click on the question mark for a definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Travel CPAP Comparison Chart
APAP Comparison Chart
BiPAP Comparison Chart
- Browse Our Machine Product Categories. These categories show each machine our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in house opinion of the quality of the machine based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
CPAP Machine Category
APAP (Auto Adjusting) Machine Category
BiPAP (Two Pressure) Machine Category
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
To see the list of what specifically comes with each machine, you can Browse for a machine. Then on the product page, click the "Specs" tab to see a full list of what comes with the machine.
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP" or "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
- Your specific pressure setting:
- Example: 9 CM/H2O
- Example: 9
- Example: 14 CM/H2O
- Example: 14
Here are some of our top selling CPAP machines:
XT Fit CPAP Machine
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
Transcend© miniCPAP™ Machine
+ See More
Here are some other suggested actions to care for your machine:
- Keep the area around your machine clean by removing any dust from the area to improve the air quality delivered to your machine and to you.
- Keep the air intake of the machine unblocked. Curtains, bedding, and papers can easily block the air intake of your machine, reducing the airflow.
- If a humidifier is used with your therapy, do not pick up the machine with the humidifier attached. With most machines it is easy to spill water from the humidifier chamber into the machine causing damage. Manufacturer warranties are voided by water damage to the machine. To avoid this, remove the chamber from the humidifier and then remove the humidifier from the machine rather than transporting them together.
- If a humidifier is used, empty the water from the chamber every morning. Accidents happen. If a family pet or family member moves the machine and humidifier with water in the chamber it is more likely that water could be spilled into your machine. Water damage to a machine voids the manufacturer warranty.
The following are the different types of exhalation relief names by manufacturer.
- Philips Respironics = C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex and Bi-Flex
- Resmed = EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief)
- 3B Medical = RESlex
- Apex Medical = PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) Pressure Relief
- Curative Medical = EUT (Expiratory Unloading Technology)
- DeVilbiss = SmartFlex
- Fisher & Paykel = SensAwake Technology
- Human Design Medical = Z-Breathe
- Somnetics = EZEX
Here are some machines with an exhalation relief feature:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
Cleaning and changing filters is the only maintenance required for a CPAP machine.
The filters are located at the back of the machine at the air intake.
- EO601 RR is CPAP rental.
- E0601 NU is CPAP purchase.
- A7034 is CPAP nasal mask, including all nasal masks, Nasal Aire, Breeze, Spiritus.
- A7034 is CPAP Nasal mask cushion.
- A7030 is CPAP Full Face mask.
- A7031 is CPAP Full Face mask cushion.
- A7044 is CPAP Oral Interface.
- A7027 is Hybrid brand
- A7028 is Hybrid cushion
- A7029 is Hybrid nasal pillow
- A7027 is Liberty Brand
- A7028 is Liberty cushion
- A7029 is Liberty nasal Pillow
- A7046 is CPAP Humidifier Chamber.
- A7037 is CPAP tubing, long and short hoses.
- A7038 is CPAP disposable filter.
- A7039 is CPAP gross particle (foam) filter.
- A7035 is CPAP headgear.
- A7033 is CPAP nasal pillows.
- A7036 is CPAP chinstrap.
- E0561 NU is CPAP Passover Humidifier
- E0562 NU is CPAP Heated Humidifier
- E0470 RR is BiPAP rental.
- E0470 NU is BiPAP purchase.
- E0471 RR is BiPAP-ST rental.
- E0471 NU is BiPAP-ST purchase.
Other CPAP items are listed under E1399, which is miscellaneous.
All the models CPAP.com sell contain power converters that enable the machine to operate on any AC current from 100 to 240 volts without any adjustment.
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
- CPAP machines which record full data (such as AHI and leak info): AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation Pro CPAP Machine
- ICON Premo CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart
- IntelliPAP Standard Plus CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- Luna CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend II Travel CPAP Machine
- Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
AutoPAP ("Autotitrating CPAP" or "APAP") machines which record full data:
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet For Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- Curasa Auto CPAP Machine with EUT
- DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine
- iCH Auto CPAP Machine with PVA and Built-In Heated Humidifier
- ICON Auto CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and SensAwake
- IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine
- Luna Auto CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ Auto CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™ Heated Humidifier for Her
- Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
- XT Auto CPAP Machine
- Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
BiLevel ("BiPAP") machines which record full data:
- AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine
- DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine
- IntelliPAP AutoBiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- IntelliPAP BiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart BPAP 25A Auto Bi-Level Machine with RESlex and Heated Humidifier
- S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine
- S9 VPAP™ S BiLevel Machine
Sleep laboratories and sleep disorder centers may be willing to make this pressure change. Just call a local hospital or ask your physician to recommend a sleep lab. Be sure to take your prescription.
A second way is to do it yourself. We sell manometers that are very portable, accurate, and simple to use. All the machines we sell come with instructions on how to set pressure to physician orders. Most patients have little trouble doing this themselves. If you need help we can talk you through the procedure. Contact us by phone at 1-800-356-5221.
Gauge Manometer (for pressure measurements)
Fisher and Paykel Water Column CPAP Manometer with HC325 Chamber
A third option is to ship the machine to us with the new prescription. We will set it and ship it back.
It is the law and good common sense to run all sleep disorder devices at the prescribed pressure. If you think your prescribed pressure is wrong, talk to your physician.
All machines can connect to DC power. Some machines are configured to operate on DC Power and have a DC power outlet. Other machines require AC power and will need an Inverter that turns DC power to AC power.
Having the proper equipment is the biggest key to successfully operating the machine from a battery. For example, if your machine does have a DC outlet and you want to run your machine from a marine battery, be sure to get the correct DC cable for the machine, as well as an adapter cable with alligator clips that fits over the cigarette lighter plug.
CPAP.com sells complete battery kits with everything you need for many machines including the correct cables for those machines and batteries. If you have questions about the specific power needs of your machine, review the 'Power' tab found on the machine's product page, or give us a call at 1-800-356-5221.
- One of the following words or phrases: "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "CPAP" or "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure" or similar term.
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
An APAP prescription may contain the following information:
- Your pressure range (Optional, Not Required)
- Example: 4-20 CM/H20
- Example: 4-20
- Example: 6-18 CM/H2O
- Example: 6-18
CPAP prescriptions are accepted for Auto Adjusting (APAP) machines.
Here are some of our top selling APAP machines:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
CPAP.com sells Battery Packs to accompany your machine if an integrated battery is not available. Visit CPAPtalk for more advice specific to your needs, or view this past thread on the topic here.
Inverters do require a lot of power. If you need to use an inverter to run your machine on battery power, the inverter will probably take about half the life off the battery.
To determine if your CPAP will operate without an inverter, look for a DC outlet on the machine, either at the back or on the side, with a single opening directly in the center. It should be labeled "DC POWER" or similar term. You can also review our Compare Charts to see if your machine has a optional DC cable option.
Here is a video describing different DC cable and battery options for various machines:
There are small, portable battery packs that will operate a CPAP set at 10cm for at least one night, or about eight hours. CPAP.com sells full Battery Kits that come with everything needed to run your machine off battery power including the correct cables needed for your machine and a battery. You can find the battery kit for your machine Here. On each battery kit page, you can input your machine and pressure setting to see an estimate battery life for your machine.
Some machines have batteries created to be used specifically with them only. Here are some of the machines we carry with integrated or specialized battery options:
Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
You can use your CPAP on board, just use batteries or make sure you're seated by a power outlet. You can call or reserve one of these seats online with most airlines. Alternatively visit Seat Guru , a website that works with most major airlines.
Be sure to bring spare parts and a back up mask. If you're in a bind, CPAP.com delivers all over the US and to most international destinations.
To prepare for your international travel, be sure to:
- Check the voltage of your destination. You may need a plug adapter for your machine.
- It is recommended to pack spare parts for your equipment.
- Review the general Travel Tips found in this section.
- It may be necessary to bring a travel-sized surge protector with you when you travel. Some countries have issues with power surges that can damage your machine. It's hard to say which country has power surges and which ones don't, so it's helpful to be prepared and bring a surge protector.
- While CPAP.com can ship internationally, we cannot guarantee any delivery date, and you may not want to incur the additional costs of having a replacement sent to your hotel.
Usage Threshold: Determines the minimum amount of time that the patient must use the device, in order to be logged as compliant. Device settings allow for 4 or 5 hours, with 4 hours being the default setting. This setting can be changed in the device clinical set-up menu.
Adherence Score: Shows the maximum adherence achieved for any period of thirty consecutive days of use within a ninety-day time frame. The score represents the percentage of days, within thirty consecutive days, when usage met or exceeded the 'Usage Threshold.' The Adherence Score reports the 'best' consecutive thirty days of usage. For example, if the 'best' 30 out of the last 90 days show 22 days used above the usage threshold and 8 days below the threshold, then the Adherence Score would show 73% (22/30). For this calculation, the usage must be continuous hours and longer than the Usage Threshold.
Days at Least X Hours: Shows the number of days in the timeframe where the total usage within each day is at least X hours. "X" represents the 'Usage Threshold' setting in the patient's device. For this calculation, all usage within a 24-hour period is recorded.
% Days at Least X Hours: Shows the percentage of days in the timeframe when the total usage within each day is at least X hours. The "X" represents the 'Usage Threshold' setting in the patient's device. For this calculation, all usage within a 24-hour period is recorded.
Day Count: Shows a count of days for each timeframe. If, for example, the 90-day code is collected at day 45 of therapy, then the "Day Count" for this code will be 45 days. In most cases, however, the day count is equal to the days in the code's timeframe(s).
While Breathing Hours: While breathing hours are only available within the last-day timeframe and with the cumulative code. This measurement shows the total hours of use.
95th Percentile Pressure: AutoAdjust pressure was at or below this pressure 95-percent of the time it was in use.
90th Percentile Pressure: AutoAdjust pressure was at or below this pressure 90-percent of the time it was in use.
AHI: Apnea/Hypopnea Index (AHI) represents the average number of apneas and hypopneas per hour for the timeframe.
Pressure Plateau Time: Represents the percentage of time the AutoAdjust spent at the upper pressure setting. A value of 10% or more indicates a possible need to raise the upper pressure setting to allow higher pressures.
High Leak Flow Time: Shows the percentage of time when a leak was above 95 liters per minute. A value of 10% or more indicates that the mask fit should be checked.
NRI: Non-Responding Event Index (NRI) represents the average number of non-responding events per hour. A non-responding event is a respiratory event that is detected but by design does not result in a pressure change during AutoAdjust therapy.
EPI: The Exhale Puff Index (EPI) is the number of exhale puff events detected per hour. Exhale puffing is caused by inhaling through the CPAP system and exhaling through the mouth.
The top 2 'tabs' and connector must be aligned first, then the last tab can be slid into place. If all 3 are aligned at once, the module will not attach properly. Typically, there will be an audible 'clicking' noise when the module is fully attached. Verify that all points are connected by lightly pulling on the module after installation.
If you are receiving an "EA1 Module Fault Contact Provider" message on your IntelliPAP screen, your SmartLink module is not properly attached.
Bought this as a backup as it is the same model cpap that I've had for several years.
1 person found this helpful.
Small footprint, NO transformer to lug around while travelling. Can turn off lighted display, will come back on for a minute if you fiddle with the controls at night. Love the Smartflex, do not even use the ramp. Best of all it is super quiet! My old machine was kept in a box with a pillow over it to control the noise, I honesty can say I can not hear this machine at all! more...
This is my third or fourth APAP machine in the past 8 or so years. It's not fancy and it's not particularly sleek and travel friendly but it does everything I want a machine to do plus it is super quiet and comes with a 5 yr warranty for a super good sale price. I was a bit surprised that it doesn't have a SIM card, but then again I virtually never used that feature on my other machines. I considered buying the newer IntelliPap 2 for some of the added features but at an additional $100 in price, a shorter warranty period and a higher quoted noise level I didn't see much of a point. more...
This machine out of the box was easy to operate and set up. Lightweight and easy to move around. At times it's a bit too light, I have waken to the machine spun around. I was disappointed that my heated tube was unable to connect to it. It's not as quiet as I was hoping. It is quieter than my previous s9 Elite Resmed Cpap but louder than the Airsense 10 which is used by my wife next to me. The machine operation is quiet but you can hear the air flow as you breath. I have the optional humidifier and I thought that might be the problem but I disconnected the humidifier and it got louder. In order to lower the sound I placed a towel underneath the machine which reduced the noise by half. I think the lightweight plastic lends to more vibration noise. That's why a towel underneath reduces the noise some. This is my only complaint about this unit. That is why I gave it 4 stars. more...
Works great and very comfortable
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturerDeVilbissResMedPhilips RespironicsTypeAPAPAPAPAPAPWarranty5 Years2 Years2 YearsSound Level26 dB26.6 dBA25.8 dBAQuietYesYesYesManuals IncludedPatient/Quick SetupPatient/Quick SetupPatient
DimensionsTravel SizedNoYesYesUnder 3 lbsYesYesYesMachine Weight2.75 lbs2.751.56 lbsEntire Weight6.1 lbs5.1 lbs4.37 lbsEntire Size6.5" x 8.4" x 6.4"10.04" x 4.75" x 5.91"11.7" x 7.6" x 3.3"Entire Package Size7.25" x 11.25" x 9.513.24" x 10" x 5"15" x 8.5" x 5.5"Machine Size Only4.2" x 6.5" x 6.9"NA6.2" x 7.6" x 3.3"
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierIntelliPAP HeatedHumidAirDreamStation HumidifierBuilt-In HumidifierNoYesNoHeated Humidifier TypeIntegratedBuilt InIntegratedAmbient Rainout ReductionNoAutoClimateControlDreamStation Heated TubeIntegrated Heated HoseNoClimateLineAireYesHumidifier Water Capacity400 mL380mL325 mL
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentYesYesYesPressure Range4-20cm H204-20cm H2O4 - 20 cm H2OEPAP Pressure RangeNANAN/AEasy BreathingSmartFlexAutoSet with EPRA-FlexRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeYesYesYesLeak CompensationYesYesYesMax Operating Altitude9,000 ft8,500 ft7,500 ft
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationYesYesYesVoltage Range100-240V AC100-240V100 - 240V ACOptional DC CableYesYesYesIntegrated BatteryNoNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataMSD; OSYesMSD/OSData CardYesYesYesOptional SoftwareSmartLinkResScanDreamMapper
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentYesYesYesAuto ON/OFFYesYesYesMask Off AlertLCDNoNoSpontaneousNoNoNoTimedNoNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesYesYesBacklight Shuts OffYesYesYes