Last Modified: August 2, 2018
US Expediters, Inc. dba CPAP.com ("Company" or "We" or “Our”) respects your privacy and wants you to understand our data practices as explained in this policy.
This policy describes the types of Personal Information (defined below) we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website, CPAP.com (our "Website") and our related Services (defined below), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that Personal Information, as well as our Service-related information practices more generally.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website;
- in email and other electronic messages between you and us or this Website;
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website, or that post this policy; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy (collectively the “Services”).
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Data CollectionOur Data Collection:
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and sometimes credit card or other financial information used for verification of identity or payment for purchases or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information"); and
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, or that is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Service and other Usage Information (defined below) (“Non-personal Information”).
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services such as the newsletter, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Services;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us via the Services;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website; and
- your search queries on the Website.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website or otherwise use the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other Tracking Technologies (defined below)(“Usage Information”). For instance, as you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including
- details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services; and
- Usage Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We, and third parties, also may use Tracking Technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. See Choices About Your Information below for information on how you can opt out of Interest-based Advertising (defined below) and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
We collect statistical data that we may maintain or associate with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection (“Tracking Technologies”) may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About Your Information below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website or marketing communications may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or interacted with our marketing communications and for other related website statistics.
You are allowed to browse our Website without giving us any Personal Information about yourself. Once you have chosen to provide us with your Personal Information, you are no longer anonymous to us, and you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers.
Third Party Data Collection:
In addition, we may collect information from third parties, including in connection with the Service, and third parties may collect data about you via or in connection with the Services.
For example, business entities such as Lon Operation, LLC, (d/b/a Bread and Bread Operations) may provide us with aggregated and/or de-identified information when you elect to use their services. We may also collect demographic and traffic data from third parties. As further example, if you incur a debt to CPAP.com, we may run a credit check, as permitted by law, to collect such a debt; or if the information you provide cannot be verified, we may ask you to send us additional information.
In addition, the Services may include hyperlinks to, or include on or in connection with, the Service (e.g., apps and plug-ins), websites, locations, platforms, applications or services operated by third parties (“Third-Party Service(s)”). These Third-Party Services may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other Tracking Technology to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Information from you.
Certain functionalities on the Service permit interactions that you initiate between the Service and certain Third-Party Services, such as third party social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include: enabling you to send content such as contacts and photos between the Service and a Third-Party Service; “liking” or “sharing” Company’s content; logging in to the Services using your Third-Party Service account (e.g., using Facebook Connect to sign-in to the Services); and to otherwise connect the Services to a Third-Party Service (e.g., to pull or push information to or from the Services). If you use Social Features, and potentially other Third-Party Services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on the Services or by the Third-Party Service that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third-party service that references the Service (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Company in a tweet or status update), your post may be used on or in connection with the Services or otherwise by Company. Also, both Company and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Service and any Third-Party Service.
More on third parties is provided in the next section.
We do not sell your Company-collected PI to, or share it with third parties, for their marketing purposes, except in connection with a Corporate Transaction (defined below) or with your consent.
Company’s agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) may receive, or be given access to your information, including, without limitation, Personal Information and Usage Information, in connection with their work on Company’s behalf, provided however, Company does not authorize its Service Providers to use Company-Collected PI provided by Company to the Service Providers to send you direct marketing messages other than related to Company absent your consent. For more information on choices Service Providers may offer you see Choices About Your Information below.
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on or related to the Services are Third-Party Services, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers. These third parties may use Tracking Technologies to collect information about you when you use our Services as more fully set forth above. We do not control these third parties, their Tracking Technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving Interest-based Advertising from many providers, see Choices About Your Information below.
We do not provide any of your Personal Information to Bread. Any Personal Information provided in order to enroll in the pay by month option offered by Bread is provided directly by you to them.
By clicking on the “finance” option, “pay in monthly installment” option or the Lon Operations LLC (d/b/a Bread and Bread Operations) link, you:
- Authorize Company to electronically market Bread services to you.
- Authorize re-direction of your browser from the Company’s website to the Bread website.
- Understand that Company does not disclose your Personal Information to Bread. Any Personal Information received by Bread must come directly from you.
- Acknowledge that Bread is not performing services on behalf of Company, BUT FOR YOU directly, and is thus not a Service Provider hereunder.
You further acknowledge and agree that:
Company is in no way liable for the acts or omissions or uses and disclosure of your Personal Information by Lon Operations LLC (d/b/a Bread and Bread Operations). IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY (INCLUDING ITS OFFICER AND DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF Lon Operations LLC (d/b/a Bread and Bread Operations), OR ANY USES OR DISCLOSURES OF YOUR INFORMATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INFORMATION, OR ANY DAMAGES, DIRECT OR OTHERWISE , CAUSED BY Lon Operations LLC (d/b/a Bread and Bread Operations).
- present our Website and its contents to you;
- proffer the services and customer assistance that you request;
- resolve disputes, collect monies, and troubleshoot issues;
- enforce our User Agreement, and defend against possible prohibited or illegal actions;
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- personalize, measure, and enhance the services, content, and advertising offered on CPAP.com;
- provide you with information regarding special offers, website or policy updates, and targeted communications;
- examine information for accurateness, and verify it with third parties;
- provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- provide you with notices about your account;
- notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though them; and/or
- provide you with a newsletter if you subscribe to such service.
We may also use your information in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or for any purpose to which you consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own or third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you, however, if you want to limit our promotional emails or texts to you, see Choices About Your Information below.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display Interest-based Advertising:
- to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria. For information about how you can opt out of receiving certain Interest-based Advertising, see Choices About Your Information below.
- to send you retargeted ads after you leave our Services based on your activities on the Services, including the specific products you have looked at or purchased. You consent to receive ads on and off of our Services based on your Services transactions and other activities and understand that this includes targeting you based on the likely medical conditions associated with products you have looked at or purchased. However, you can withdraw that consent by opting out of Interest-based Advertising, as explained in Choices About Your Information below.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
Company may share non-Personal Information, and Personal Information that is not deemed Company-Collected PI hereunder (provided that Company is aware of no restrictions of Company’s use, if any), with third parties for any purpose, subject to applicable law. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we and third parties may convert your Personal Information, including Company-Collected PI, to non-Personal Information, including without limitation through hashing it or substituting a unique identifier for the Personal Information and we and third parties may use and share that data as permitted by applicable law, including to match data attributes to and from other sources. Any such third party activities are subject to their privacy policies and practices. Company’s sharing of Company-Collected PI is, however, subject to the following:
- Marketing: Absent your consent (which may be by means of opt-in, your election not to opt-out, or a third party interaction described in the next bullet point), Company will not share your Company-Collected PI with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, except in connection with Corporate Transactions (defined below).
- Your Disclosure or Consent: Your activities on the Services may, by their nature, result in the sharing of your Company-collected Personal Information (as well as your other Personal Information and your non-Personal Information) with third parties (e.g., accessing Third-Party Services) and by engaging in these activities you consent to that and further sharing and disclosure to third parties. Such third party data receipt and collection is subject to the privacy and business practices of that third party, not Company.
- Company’s Service Providers, as more fully set forth in the Third Parties section above. Examples include:
- to contracted third parties who help with our business operations such as investigation of fraud, or bill collection; and
- if you sign up for the newsletter or participate in a survey, we will disclose your email address to third party contractors that perform such services on our behalf.
- To comply with the law, law enforcement or other legal process, and in response to a government request;
- If Company believes your actions are inconsistent with Company’s User Agreements, or other applicable terms or policies, or to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of Company, the Service or its users, or any third party;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address in order to receive newsletters, we will use your email in fulfilling such request. If you give us your email in order to place an order and fail to pay for the item ordered, we may send you a follow-up email letting you know that payment is still needed so that you can complete the order;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
In addition, Company may share your Company-Collected Personal Information (as well as your other Personal Information and your non-Personal Information), in connection with or during negotiations of any proposed or actual financing of our business, or merger, purchase, sale, joint venture, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of Company assets, or transfer of all or a portion of Company’s business to another company, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding (“Corporate Transactions”).
Newsletters and Other Communications
We provide an opt-in newsletter that is delivered through email to users who have subscribed to receive these newsletters. You may unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking here and submitting the same email address used to subscribe. See also Choices About Your Information, below.
Email communications that you send to us via the email links on our Services may be shared with a Company customer service representative, which may be an employee or a Service Provider, to address your inquiry. We make every effort to respond in a timely fashion once communications are received, but do not guarantee a response. Once we have responded to your communication, it is discarded or archived, depending on the nature of the inquiry.
The email functionality on our Services is un-encrypted and does not provide a secure and confidential means of communication. It is possible that your email communication may be accessed or viewed by another Internet user while in transit to us. If you wish to keep your communication private, do not use our email.
Company may also from time to time contact its customers for various promotional reasons such as customer surveys, product replacement reminders, user reviews, and special promotions concerning products and services we offer. If you do not wish to promotional communications you may unsubscribe by following the instruction on the bottom of the email. See also Choices About Your Information, below.
It is also customary for Company to send out emails or use other communications to contact you regarding your orders with Company or for other non-promotional purposes related to your transactions with us, such as legal notices. For example, when you place an order with Company, we send out via email, an order confirmation and, once shipped, a shipping confirmation. We may also send you follow-up emails regarding payment for items ordered. These types of communications are necessary and required in the normal course of transacting with Company and are not optional. By definition these types of emails are known as transactional emails and you cannot unsubscribe from them as you can from our newsletters and our promotional emails.
Inbound phone calls to the Company phone numbers 1-800-356-5221, 713-351-3414 or other phone numbers used in Company marketing and promotions, may be monitored or recorded for training or quality assurance purposes. When you call a Company phone number, a recorded disclosure states "This call may be monitored or recorded for training or quality assurance purposes." By staying on the phone call after the recorded disclosure, you are thereby granting your consent for the call to be recorded.
We occasionally survey visitors to our Service. The information from these surveys is used by us and our Service providers to help us understand the needs of our visitors so that we can improve our Services. In addition, the information may be shared in aggregated, de-identified form with third parties with whom we have a business relationship, such as suppliers of the products we sell. We generally do not ask for information in surveys that would personally identify you; if we do request contact information for follow-up, you may decline to provide it. If survey respondents provide Personal Information (such as an email address) in a survey, it is shared only with those people who need to see it to fulfill our business purposes, such as to respond to the question or request.
Protecting Your Account
The password you choose is indispensable to access your account. Use a combination of unique identifiers (letters, numbers, and characters), and do not give away your CPAP.com password to anybody. If for some reason you decide to give away your password or your personal information to others, be aware that you are accountable and liable for any and all activity executed under your account. If your password is compromised, you may lose considerable control over your Personal Information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Accordingly, if for any reason you have revealed or lost control of your password, then you should notify Company and change your password without delay.
Choices About Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies Generally. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately. Also, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies (also known as locally shared objects), HTML5 cookies, or other Tracking Technologies. For information on disabling Flash cookies, go to Adobe’s website. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of the Service may not work and that when you revisit the Service your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Some App-related Tracking Technologies in connection with non-browser usage (e.g., most functionality of a mobile app) can only be disabled by uninstalling the app. To uninstall an app, follow the instructions from your operating system or handset manufacturer.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many online services, Company currently does not alter Company’s practices when Company receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you can visit this site. Company is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this third party information. Some third parties, however, may offer you choices regarding their Tracking Technologies. One way to potentially identify cookies on our web site is to add the free Ghostery plug-in to your browser, which according to Ghostery will display for you traditional, browser-based cookies associated with the web sites (but not mobile apps) you visit and privacy and opt-out policies and options of the parties operating those cookies. Company is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this tool or third party choice notices or mechanisms. For specific information on some of the choice options offered by third party analytics and advertising providers, see the next section.
You may choose whether to receive some Interest-based Advertising, and chose to withdraw your consent for us to send you retargeted ads on third party sites based on the specific products you have looked at and purchased on our Services, by submitting opt-outs. Some of the advertisers and Service Providers that perform advertising-related services for us and third parties may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Interest-based Advertising, visit here, and here for information on the DAA’s opt-out program for mobile apps. Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and opt-out options for their members, see this site. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of Interest-based Advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit these opt-out webpages, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or web browser or use a non-browser-based method of access (e.g., mobile app), your NAI / DAA browser-based opt-out may not, or may no longer, be effective. Company supports the ad industry’s 2009 Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and expects that ad networks Company directly engages to serve you Interest-based Advertising will do so as well, though Company cannot guaranty their compliance. Company is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
In addition, we may serve ads on third-party services that are targeted to reach people on those services that are also identified on one of more of our data bases (“Matched List Ads”). This is done by matching common factors between our databases and the databases of the third-party services. For instance, we may use such ad services offered by Facebook or Twitter and other Third-Party Services. We are not responsible for these Third-Party Services, including without limitation their security of the data. If we use Facebook to serve Matched List Ads on Facebook services, you should be able to hover over the box in the right corner of such a Facebook ad and find out how to opt-out with us from such list. If you opt-out from our Facebook Matched List Ads, we will remove the matching Personal Information from that list, however, this will not take effect immediately and if you have multiple e-mails or other accounts you may have to opt-out separately for each one. If we use Twitter Matched Use Ads, you should be able to opt-out through your account settings on Twitter. If you opt-out from our Twitter Matched Use Ads, you will be removed from that list, however, this will not take effect immediately and if you have multiple e-mails or other accounts you may have to opt-out separately for each one. We are not responsible for such third parties’ failure to comply with your or our opt-out instructions or to provide us notice of your opt-out elections, and they may change their options without notice to us or you.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish us to use your email address to send you emails to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email messages or by contacting Company Customer Support to request a change in your e-mail promotional preferences. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions. In addition, you may unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking here and submitting the same email address used to subscribe.
- Your Account Information. Company may provide web pages or other mechanisms allowing you to delete, correct, or update some of the Company-Collected PI, and potentially certain other information about you (e.g., account information). You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access or to request amendment of any Personal Information that you have provided to us. Company will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in Company’s then-active databases as soon as practicable, but it is not always possible to completely change, remove or delete all of your information or public postings from Company’s databases and residual and/or cached data may remain archived thereafter. Further, we reserve the right to retain data (a) as required by applicable law; and (b) for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data is retained except to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: CPAP.com 13235 N. Promenade, Stafford, TX 77477.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Your information is protected by administrative, physical and technological security measures. We use many methods in good faith to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access. However, as you may be aware, third parties may illegally intercept or access transmissions of your personal data or exchanges of information over the Internet, and there is the possibility that users may mistreat or mishandle your personal information that they find or gather during your interactions on the CPAP.com website. Consequently, while we do our best to safeguard your privacy, we in no way guarantee, and you should not have the expectation, that your personal data or exchanges of information over the Internet will always remain private. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information in transit to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Email messages are not typically secure so we do not recommend sending us any sensitive health or critical financial information (such as credit cards numbers, bank account numbers, or similar information) via email. If you choose to provide this type of information via email, you do so at your own risk.
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing via a Transport Layer Security (TLS) connection which encrypts your data.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off of your CPAP.com account when finished using a shared computer.
Protected Health Information
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information (as defined by the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)) from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete or otherwise treat that information as required by COPPA. If you believe we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
General and Changes to this Policy
Mail: CPAP.com 13235 N. Promenade, Stafford, TX 77477