Last Modified: October 19, 2016
US Expediters, Inc. dba CPAP.com ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website, cpap.com (our "Website"), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and sometimes credit card or other financial information used for verification of identity or payment for purchases or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, business entities such as Lon Operation, LLC, (d/b/a Bread and Bread Operations) may provide us with aggregated and/or de-identified information when you elect to use their services. We may also collect demographic and traffic data from third parties. As further example, if you incur a debt to CPAP.com, we may run a credit check, as permitted by law, to collect such a debt; or if the information you provide cannot be verified, we may ask you to send us additional information.
Information You Provide To Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services such as the newsletter, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
We collect statistical data that we may maintain or associate with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website or marketing communications may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or interacted with our marketing communications and for other related website statistics.
You are allowed to browse our Website without giving us any personal information about yourself. Once you have chosen to provide us with your personal information, you are no longer anonymous to us, and you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers.
We do not sell your personal information to, or share it with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To proffer the services and customer assistance that you request;
- To resolve disputes, collect monies, and troubleshoot issues;
- To enforce our User Agreement, and defend against possible prohibited or illegal actions;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Personalize, measure, and enhance the services, content, and advertising offered on CPAP.com;
- Provide you with information regarding special offers, website or policy updates, and targeted communications;
- Examine information for accurateness, and verify it with third parties.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- For any other purpose with your consent; and
- To provide you with a newsletter if you subscribe to such service.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own or third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please call or email our customer service department and ask that your marketing preferences be updated. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Our Diclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a Customer Review or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety
- To contracted third parties who help with our business operations such as investigation of fraud, or bill collection.
- If you sign up for the newsletter or participate in a survey, we will disclose your email address to third party contractors that perform such services on our behalf. Such contractors have agreed to not use or disclose your personal information except to help us provide the services.
- As required by federal, state or local law, judicial or administrative proceedings, or law enforcement and only as much information as is necessary and required for the specific verifiable request or proceeding.
- Should we plan to merge with or be acquired, in part or in whole, through the sale or transfer of our business assets with another entity, your personal information will be part of said business assets and will be transferred to the new entity. Your personal information may also be disclosed in the event of dissolution or other transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address in order to receive newsletters, we will use your email in fulfilling such request. If you give us your email in order to place an order and fail to pay for the item ordered, we may send you a follow-up email letting you know that payment is still needed so that you can complete the order.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Lon Operations LLC (d/b/a Bread and Bread Operations) Services
We do not provide any personal information to Lon Operations LLC (d/b/a Bread and Bread Operations). Any information provided in order to enroll in the pay by month option offered by Lon Operations LLC (d/b/a Bread and Bread Operations) is provided directly by you to Lon Operations LLC (d/b/a Bread and Bread Operations).
By clicking on the “finance” option, “pay in monthly installment” option or the Lon Operations LLC (d/b/a Bread and Bread Operations) link, you:
- Authorize Company to electronically market Lon Operations LLC (d/b/a Bread and Bread Operations) services to you.
- Authorize re-direction of your browser from the Company’s website to the Lon Operations LLC (d/b/a Bread and Bread Operations) Services website.
- Understand that Company does not disclose your personal information to Lon Operations LLC (d/b/a Bread and Bread Operations). Any personal information received by Lon Operations LLC (d/b/a Bread and Bread Operations) must come directly from you.
- Acknowledge that Lon Operations LLC (d/b/a Bread and Bread Operations) is not performing services on behalf of Company.
You further acknowledge and agree that
We provide an opt-in Newsletter that is delivered through email to users who have subscribed to receive these newsletters. Company tries to provide you a newsletter that is CAN-SPAM compliant but cannot guarantee such compliance. You may unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking here and submitting the same email address used to subscribe
Email communications that you send to us via the email links on our site may be shared with a Company Customer Service Representative, employee, or agent that is most able to address your inquiry. We make every effort to respond in a timely fashion once communications are received. Once we have responded to your communication, it is discarded or archived, depending on the nature of the inquiry.
The email functionality on our site is un-encrypted and does not provide a secure and confidential means of communication. It is possible that your email communication may be accessed or viewed by another Internet user while in transit to us. If you wish to keep your communication private, do not use our email.
We occasionally survey visitors to our site. The information from these surveys is used in aggregated, de-identified form to help us understand the needs of our visitors so that we can improve our site. The information may be shared with third parties with whom we have a business relationship. We generally do not ask for information in surveys that would personally identify you; if we do request contact information for follow-up, you may decline to provide it. If survey respondents provide personal information (such as an email address) in a survey, it is shared only with those people who need to see it to respond to the question or request, or with third parties who perform data management services for our site. Those third parties have agreed to keep all data from surveys confidential.
It is customary for Company to send out emails or use other communications to contact you regarding your orders on Company. For example, when you place an order with Company, we send out an order confirmation via email and a shipping confirmation once shipped. We may also send you follow-up emails regarding payment for items ordered. These types of communications are necessary and required in the normal course of transacting with Company and are not optional. By definition these types of emails are known as transactional emails.
Company may also from time to time contact its customers for various reasons such as customer surveys, product replacement reminders, user reviews, special promotions concerning products and services we offer, or very important news, legal notices, or other information that could affect our customers. If you do not wish to receive these types of communications you may contact us directly by phone or email to change your Communication Preferences.
Inbound phone calls to the Company phone numbers 1-800-356-5221, 713-351-3414 or other phone numbers used in Company marketing and promotions, may be monitored or recorded for training or quality assurance purposes. When you call a Company phone number, a recorded disclosure states "This call may be monitored or recorded for training or quality assurance purposes." By staying on the phone call after the recorded disclosure, you are hereby granting your consent for the call to be recorded.
Protecting Your Account
The password you choose is indispensable to access your account. Use a combination of unique identifiers (letters, numbers, and characters), and do not give away your CPAP.com password to anybody. If for some reason you decide to give away your password or your personal information to others, be aware that you are accountable and liable for any and all activity executed under your account. If your password is compromised, you may lose considerable control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Accordingly, if for any reason you have revealed or lost control of your password, then you should notify Company and change your password without delay.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your information, email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email messages or by contacting Company Customer Support to request a change in your promotional preferences. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions. If you do not wish for us to have this information please email or contact us by phone to cancel the order.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by visiting here
- For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
If you decide you no longer wish to receive information or communications about particular products and services, or from Company (for example, emails, newsletter, survey, or promotional communications), you may contact us at Toll Free Number 1-800-356-5221, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at CPAP.com 13235 N. Promenade, Stafford, TX 77477.
Please note that you may continue to receive materials for a period of time while our lists are being updated.
Viewing and Making Changes to Your Personal Information
You may view and change much of your personal information by logging into your account at CPAP.com. You are required to revise your personal information quickly when a change occurs or if it is erroneous. Upon your request, and as soon as it is reasonably practicable, your account will be terminated and your personal information archived, based on your account activity and if allowed under subsequently relevant laws. We do keep a record of personal information from terminated accounts to abide by legal requirements, avert fraudulent activity, collect monies due to us, resolve disputes, regulate issues, cooperate with any investigations, enforce our CPAP.com User Agreement, and likewise take other actions legally allowed.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access or to request amendment of any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: CPAP.com 13235 N. Promenade, Stafford, TX 77477.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Your information is protected by administrative, physical and technological security measures. We use many methods in good faith to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access. However, as you may be aware, third parties may illegally intercept or access transmissions of your personal data or exchanges of information over the Internet, and there is the possibility that users may mistreat or mishandle your personal information that they find or gather during your interactions on the CPAP.com website. Consequently, while we do our best to safeguard your privacy, we in no way guarantee, and you should not have the expectation, that your personal data or exchanges of information over the Internet will always remain private. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information in transit to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Transport Layer Security (TLS) software, which encrypts personal information you send to Company.
Email messages are not typically secure so we do not recommend sending us any critical financial information such as credit cards numbers, bank account numbers, or similar information via email. If you choose to provide this type of information via email, you do so at your own risk.
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing via a Transport Layer Security (TLS) connection which encrypts your data.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off of your CPAP.com account when finished using a shared computer.
Protected Health Information
Mail: CPAP.com 13235 N. Promenade, Stafford, TX 77477