M Series Plus C-Flex CPAP Machine
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Check out the newer model herePR System One REMstar Plus CPAP Machine with C-Flex
M Series Plus CPAP Machine Overview
The REMstar Plus M Series is a small and convenient CPAP that looks more like a stylish clock radio than a CPAP.
It easily packs away in your carry on luggage, and has an incredible number of high-tech features, including the patented C-Flex comfort feature, onboard.
This product is no longer available. For the latest machine in the series, please consider the Philips Respironics DreamStation CPAP. The DreamStation line of CPAP machines are among the quietest in the world, registering at only 25.8 decibels, and are so quiet you can barely hear them.
Looking for the auto-adjusting version? Check out the DreamStation Auto with Humidifier Bundle which is programmed to make automatic pressure adjustments, without needing to manually make changes. It also includes a heated humidifier, making it the ideal bedtime companion.
The REMstar Plus sports a small, sleek device and case, a less obtrusive profile with tubing connected in the back and a "hidden" water chamber.
The plus offers lighted primary touch controls for power, ramp, and C-Flex as well as a LCD display and controls for advanced reporting and set up.
The optional integrated humidifier has simple controls and an easy to turn humidification dial. The water chamber is easy to remove, fill, replace, and delivers continuous humidification throughout the night.
The REMstar Plus is convenient for travel with or without the integrated humidifier. The standard travel carry case has been updated with additional compartments and sleek design.
This Product Includes...
- REMstar Plus M Series Device
- 6 ft Flexible Tubing
- Carrying case with padded shoulder strap
- Power supply
- AC Power cord (3ft)
- Reusable gray foam filter
- Disposable ultra-fine filter
- Patient User Manual
- Provider Quick Set up Guide
- Pressure 4 to 20 cm H2O
- Ramp Time 0 to 45 min. (5-min. increments)
- Starting Ramp Pressure 4 to CPAP; user adjustable
- Dimensions 7.5" L x 5.0" W X 3.125" H (19cm L x 12.7 cm W x 7.9 cm H)
- Weight 2.2 lbs
- Filters Pollen and optional ultra-fine
- Device Set-Up LCD/Keypad and Encore Pro SmartCard (optional)
- Data Storage Capacity Display: 7 and 30 day averages (minimum) SmartCard (optional): 9 months a 3 usage sessions per day
- Data Storage Content SmartCard: Date/time, hours of use, usage patterns, FOSQ, Compliance Monitoring, Breathing detection
- Manual Altitude Compensation (low, medium or high)
- Electrical Requirements 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz (An adapter may be needed to plug the CPAP into a wall outlet outside the US.)
- Humidification Integrated Heated Humidifier and Pass-over Humidifier
- DC Power Direct connect cord, 12 VDC
- Warranty 2 Year Manufacturer (Return to dealer for processing)
- Special User Features Lighted LED"s, Auto on/off, mask off alert
- Max Exposure Heat for Machine Machine should not be exposed to heat greater than 140 degrees Fahrenheit
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
The Encore SmartCard is an option item and is not included, but can be purchased separately.
Smart Card Module:
Be aware that this machine does not include the OPTIONAL smart card module.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
This system operates automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on that power.
The user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver. World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
Universal 12 Volt DC Power Cord
This machine come equipped with a DC plug on the back of the unit. This allows the user to connect the CPAP to an external DC battery source. The IntelliPAP can be powered by plugging the 12volt DC Power Cord into a cigarette lighter plug. This is ideal for traveling by car, boat, or recreational vehicle that is equipped with a cigarette lighter plug.
The Freedom Travel CPAP Battery is currently the best battery on the market to power your M Series machine. It makes a native connection without needing to buy an inverter or extra equipment to make it work.CPAP.com Battery Kit with Universal 12 Volt DC Cable
The 2.5 lb CPAP.com Battery Pack is surprisingly small and lightweight. The lithium ion battery can be recharged at any discharge level without losing charge time due to battery memory loss. This battery has been approved by the United Nations and Department of Transportation as tested safe for travel. This battery kit comes with the CPAP.com battery and the 12 Volt DC Power Cord.
Respironics Battery Kit with Universal 12 Volt DC Cable
This portable battery pack is an external lead acid battery that is the ultimate in power, portability and convenience. This battery kit comes with the Respironics battery and the 12 Volt DC Power Cord (connects CPAP to cigarette lighter socket).
An example of a machine with C-Flex technology is the DreamStation CPAP Machine.
C-Flex Easy Breathing Technology Visual Graph
Cleaning and changing filters is the only maintenance required for a CPAP machine.
The filters are located at the back of the machine at the air intake.
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available machines, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click on the question mark for a definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Travel CPAP Comparison Chart
APAP Comparison Chart
BiPAP Comparison Chart
- Browse Our Machine Product Categories. These categories show each machine our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in house opinion of the quality of the machine based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
CPAP Machine Category
APAP (Auto Adjusting) Machine Category
BiPAP (Two Pressure) Machine Category
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
To see the list of what specifically comes with each machine, you can Browse for a machine. Then on the product page, click the "Specs" tab to see a full list of what comes with the machine.
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to email@example.com
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP" or "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
- Your specific pressure setting:
- Example: 9 CM/H2O
- Example: 9
- Example: 14 CM/H2O
- Example: 14
Here are some of our top selling CPAP machines:
XT Fit CPAP Machine
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
Transcend© miniCPAP™ Machine
+ See More
Here are some other suggested actions to care for your machine:
- Keep the area around your machine clean by removing any dust from the area to improve the air quality delivered to your machine and to you.
- Keep the air intake of the machine unblocked. Curtains, bedding, and papers can easily block the air intake of your machine, reducing the airflow.
- If a humidifier is used with your therapy, do not pick up the machine with the humidifier attached. With most machines it is easy to spill water from the humidifier chamber into the machine causing damage. Manufacturer warranties are voided by water damage to the machine. To avoid this, remove the chamber from the humidifier and then remove the humidifier from the machine rather than transporting them together.
- If a humidifier is used, empty the water from the chamber every morning. Accidents happen. If a family pet or family member moves the machine and humidifier with water in the chamber it is more likely that water could be spilled into your machine. Water damage to a machine voids the manufacturer warranty.
- CPAP machines which record full data (such as AHI and leak info): AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation Pro CPAP Machine
- ICON Premo CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart
- IntelliPAP Standard Plus CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- Luna CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend II Travel CPAP Machine
- Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
AutoPAP ("Autotitrating CPAP" or "APAP") machines which record full data:
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet For Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- Curasa Auto CPAP Machine with EUT
- DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine
- iCH Auto CPAP Machine with PVA and Built-In Heated Humidifier
- ICON Auto CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and SensAwake
- IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine
- Luna Auto CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ Auto CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™ Heated Humidifier for Her
- Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
- XT Auto CPAP Machine
- Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
BiLevel ("BiPAP") machines which record full data:
- AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine
- DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine
- IntelliPAP AutoBiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- IntelliPAP BiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart BPAP 25A Auto Bi-Level Machine with RESlex and Heated Humidifier
- S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine
- S9 VPAP™ S BiLevel Machine
All machines can connect to DC power. Some machines are configured to operate on DC Power and have a DC power outlet. Other machines require AC power and will need an Inverter that turns DC power to AC power.
Having the proper equipment is the biggest key to successfully operating the machine from a battery. For example, if your machine does have a DC outlet and you want to run your machine from a marine battery, be sure to get the correct DC cable for the machine, as well as an adapter cable with alligator clips that fits over the cigarette lighter plug.
CPAP.com sells complete battery kits with everything you need for many machines including the correct cables for those machines and batteries. If you have questions about the specific power needs of your machine, review the 'Power' tab found on the machine's product page, or give us a call at 1-800-356-5221.
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
The following are the different types of exhalation relief names by manufacturer.
- Philips Respironics = C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex and Bi-Flex
- Resmed = EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief)
- 3B Medical = RESlex
- Apex Medical = PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) Pressure Relief
- Curative Medical = EUT (Expiratory Unloading Technology)
- DeVilbiss = SmartFlex
- Fisher & Paykel = SensAwake Technology
- Human Design Medical = Z-Breathe
- Somnetics = EZEX
Here are some machines with an exhalation relief feature:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
A CPAP machine provides air at a constant prescribed pressure. The air is delivered to the person through a tube and a CPAP mask. CPAP therapy provides a constant airflow which keeps the airway open so uninterrupted breathing is maintained during sleep. The air stream eliminates Sleep Apnea events and allows the person to get a restful sleep.
The level of air pressure required to maintain your airway is determined during your sleep study. Your doctor will write a prescription for a CPAP machine set at that pressure.
CPAP therapy is delivered through a nasal mask that seals around the nose, nasal pillows which seal at the nasal opening, or nasal prong masks that seal inside the nares. Full face masks are available for a person who breathes through both the nose and mouth. Many innovative and comfortable options are available and advances in the delivery of CPAP therapy are continually occurring.
For instance: Some machines offer a comfort feature such as FLEX or EPR technology. It provides exhalation relief, a slight drop in pressure at the time of exhalation to help make therapy more natural. APAP, BiPAP and BiLevel machines offer various levels of pressure throughout the night.
Love my new CPAP - Great product
3 people found this helpful.
First off, let me say that my review of this product is tuned more toward the manufacturer than the product itself. I have only had my M-Series Plus C-Flex machine for a short period of time and am honestly still getting used to it. I will say that the reviews I read on this and other sites helped me make an informed decision and at this point in time - I am completely satisfied with my new CPAP machine. I purchased the bundled product with the heated humidifier - and as someone who refused to utilize a humidifier in the past, I must say I am more than pleasantly surprised by the performance of the humidifier as it works in tandem with the M-Series Plus. When I went in for my initial diagnostic sleep study - I physically removed the humidifier from the machine provided to me by the clinic as it made me feel as if I were drowning. That study was conducted 12 years ago and up until I purchased these products, my stance had not changed on the humidifier. I use the present humidifier on a very low setting which makes it more passive - and the heated, moist air that I am breathing in is such a huge improvement over what I had become use to. When I was initially diagnosed, I was prescribed a specific machine due to the fact that I traveled extensively - the machine was a Respironics Solo Plus LX. I was not given an option as my insurance company and Family Physician were working hand in hand on which machine they deemed most suitable. I trusted their judgment and am finding out now that their choice of the Respironics machine was truly a stroke of genius! The machine was heavy, bulky and a little bit noisy, but according to the reviews I have read on this and other sites - had more staying power than any other brand I have found on the market. My Solo Plus LX has over 35,000 hours of use on it and still to this day works as well as it did the day I purchased it back in 1998. I had to send it back to the factory for a repair one time about 7 years ago due to accidentally dropping it from a 5 foot high bunk - on to a very solid floor, but other than that it has required no maintenance. The only reason I chose to replace the machine was an as of yet unfounded paranoia about the machine breaking down at the worst possible moment. My wife and I discussed it and decided that having a "back up" machine was crucial - especially considering the fact that I had already received more than my money's worth out of the original Solo Plus LX. Imagine my surprise at how far the technology had come with regard to CPAP machines and the treatment of sleep apnea! My new M-Series Plus C-Flex CPAP machine seems almost like a work of science fiction to me. There are so many options for controlling the air flow to include adjustments for altitude and the C-Flex system itself. The auto on/off and mask alerts are both new to me as well! I purchased a Respironics battery pack to accompany my CPAP and so far have been completely satisfied with its performance and ability to hold a charge - as well as relatively fast recharging times. I made this purchase completely out of pocket and will say that I do not consider one penny to have been wasted. I am currently working in Iraq and had the machine shipped to me here - CPAP.com somehow managed to get the package shipped to me in less than half the time it typically takes to receive parcels from the United States. The overall cost of the CPAP-Humidifier bundle; Respironics battery pack; 12V power cord and ComfortGel mask - was actually $700 less than the cost of my original machine. Times have definitely changed with regard to the treatment of Sleep Apnea. In an attempt to summarize my opinion on the product being reviewed specifically I will state the following: This machine is extremely lightweight - comes in a perfectly useful travel case - operates quietly and has many options that increase your ability to find a comfortable manner of sleeping - with complete regard for your personal preferences. Based on my time invested studying the CPAP market and my recent purchase, I would recommend the M-Series Plus and Respironics in general to any consumer in need of a quality product that is durable and one that does not skimp on features that are crucial to a productive night's sleep. more...
40 people found this helpful.
Excellent site to work with. You were suggested to me by a competitor brick & mortar store.
4 people found this helpful.
size is great for home or travel...works well and very quiet....I'm very happy I paid for this machine even if my insurance would not.... more...
2 people found this helpful.
I purchased this as a secondary machine, as I split my week between two locations. The UK National Health Service provided me with a Respironics M Series Plus for home, and this unit is almost identical. The only difference I have found is that the menus in the cpap.com version use text, whilst the European version uses icons. The machine is quiet and compact, and the supplied travel case fits snuggly. The power supply is international, so all I need for UK use, is a replacement power cable, which is easily purchased from any electronics store. I have only ever had Respironics M Series machine, so I cannot compare them with other brands, but I think the C-Flex setting is very helpful. I'd recommend the optional heated humidifier as an essential accessory. more...
8 people found this helpful.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturerRespironicsResMedApex MedicalTypeCPAPCPAPCPAPWarranty2 Years2 Years2 YearsSound Level31-dB26.6 dBA28 dBQuietNoYesYesManuals IncludedPatient/Quick SetupPatient/Quick SetupPatient
DimensionsTravel SizedYesYesYesUnder 3 lbsYesYesYesMachine Weight2.2 lbs2.751.87 lbsEntire Weight5.5 lbs5.1 lbs5.4 lbsEntire Size8.25" x 8.2" x 4"10.04"x4.75"x5.91"10 in x 6.75 in x 5.5 inEntire Package Size13" x 10" x 5"13.24"x10"x5"13 in x 7.5 in x 8.5 inMachine Size Only7.5" x 5.0" x 3.1"NA5.7 in x 5.1 in x 3.9 in
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierM Series HeatedHumidAirXT Heated HumidifierBuilt-In HumidifierNoYesNoHeated Humidifier TypeIntegratedBuilt InIntegratedAmbient Rainout ReductionNoAutoClimateControlNoIntegrated Heated HoseNoClimateLineAireNoHumidifier Water Capacity380mL300 mL
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentNoNoNoPressure Range4-20cm H204-20cm H2O4-20cm H2OEPAP Pressure RangeNANANAEasy BreathingNoEPR with Easy-BreatheNoRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeYesYesYesLeak CompensationN/AYesNoMax Operating Altitude8,500 ft8,000 ft (4-18 cm)
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationYesYesNoVoltage Range100-240V AC100-240V100-240V ACOptional DC CableYesYesNoIntegrated BatteryNoNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataNoYesNoData CardYesYesNoOptional SoftwareEncoreViewerResScanNo
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentNoAutoManualAuto ON/OFFYesYesNoMask Off AlertLCD; ALARMNoNoSpontaneousNoNoNoTimedNoNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesYesBacklight Shuts OffYesNo