S8 Compact™ CPAP with bag, hose and manuals
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Check out the newer model hereS9 Escape™ CPAP Machine with EPR™
S8 Compact™ CPAP Machine Overview
- Small and travel friendly.
- Integrated Heated Humidification option
- Can be used for every day use or on the road
This Product Includes...
- S8 Compact CPAP Machine
- 6 Foot Hose
- Small Black Case
- One Filter
- Power Cord
- Operating Pressure Range (Manual Altitude Adjustment), 4-20 cm H20 (.2 increments)
- Data Storage, Used hours and usage days available from flow generator.
- Dimensions (H x W x D), 4.6 in x 6.5 in x 5.7 in (112 mm x 164 mm x 145 mm)
- Weight, Flow generator: 2.9 lbs (1.3 kg)
- Power Supply Input Range, 100-240V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Housing Construction, flame retardant engineering thermoplastic
- Environmental conditions, Operating Temperature +41 to +104 Degrees F (+5 to +40 Degrees C)
- Air Filter, Two-layered, powder-bonded polyester non-woven fiber
- Air Tubing, Flexible plastic, 6'6" (2m) length
- Max Exposure Heat for Machine: Machine should not be exposed to heat greater than 140 degrees Fahrenheit
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter for Resmed S8 Machines
This machine is not DC capable. ResMed S8 machines are required to use a pure sine wave AC power source when connecting through an inverter; particularly, the ResMed S8 Compact is not DC compatible and must plug into a wall socket. The DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter provides clean AC power to any CPAP. You will need this product to operate the S8 Compact or any other S8 machine using the standard AC plug.
Cool Down Feature
All S8 and S8 II CPAP Machines utilize a "Cool Down" feature that runs the CPAP Motor up to 1 hour after turning the machine off. The motor helps to cool off the humidifier plate. You may hear a "faint blowing sound" when you turn the machine off. However, you can unplug the power cord and allow the heater plate to cool without airflow.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
These CPAP machines operate automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on that power.
The user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver. World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
Battery Power for S8 Compact
This machine requires pure sine wave power. The following are options available to provide this:
- DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter Second Gen: This inverter will convert DC power to the pure sine wave power needed to power the S8 Compact with or without humidifier.
- Respironics Battery Kit with DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter Second Gen: This battery kit is a combination of the Respironics Battery Pack (No DC Cable) and the pure sine wave inverter needed for the S8 Compact.
Please note that use of an inverter significantly reduces battery run time. Adding a heated humidifier will reduce run times even further.
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available machines, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click on the question mark for a definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Travel CPAP Comparison Chart
APAP Comparison Chart
BiPAP Comparison Chart
- Browse Our Machine Product Categories. These categories show each machine our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in house opinion of the quality of the machine based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
CPAP Machine Category
APAP (Auto Adjusting) Machine Category
BiPAP (Two Pressure) Machine Category
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
To see the list of what specifically comes with each machine, you can Browse for a machine. Then on the product page, click the "Specs" tab to see a full list of what comes with the machine.
Cleaning and changing filters is the only maintenance required for a CPAP machine.
The filters are located at the back of the machine at the air intake.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
The following are the different types of exhalation relief names by manufacturer.
- Philips Respironics = C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex and Bi-Flex
- Resmed = EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief)
- 3B Medical = RESlex
- Apex Medical = PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) Pressure Relief
- Curative Medical = EUT (Expiratory Unloading Technology)
- DeVilbiss = SmartFlex
- Fisher & Paykel = SensAwake Technology
- Human Design Medical = Z-Breathe
- Somnetics = EZEX
Here are some machines with an exhalation relief feature:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
Here are some other suggested actions to care for your machine:
- Keep the area around your machine clean by removing any dust from the area to improve the air quality delivered to your machine and to you.
- Keep the air intake of the machine unblocked. Curtains, bedding, and papers can easily block the air intake of your machine, reducing the airflow.
- If a humidifier is used with your therapy, do not pick up the machine with the humidifier attached. With most machines it is easy to spill water from the humidifier chamber into the machine causing damage. Manufacturer warranties are voided by water damage to the machine. To avoid this, remove the chamber from the humidifier and then remove the humidifier from the machine rather than transporting them together.
- If a humidifier is used, empty the water from the chamber every morning. Accidents happen. If a family pet or family member moves the machine and humidifier with water in the chamber it is more likely that water could be spilled into your machine. Water damage to a machine voids the manufacturer warranty.
- CPAP machines which record full data (such as AHI and leak info): AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation Pro CPAP Machine
- ICON Premo CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart
- IntelliPAP Standard Plus CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- Luna CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend II Travel CPAP Machine
- Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
AutoPAP ("Autotitrating CPAP" or "APAP") machines which record full data:
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet For Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- Curasa Auto CPAP Machine with EUT
- DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine
- iCH Auto CPAP Machine with PVA and Built-In Heated Humidifier
- ICON Auto CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and SensAwake
- IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine
- Luna Auto CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ Auto CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™ Heated Humidifier for Her
- Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
- XT Auto CPAP Machine
- Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
BiLevel ("BiPAP") machines which record full data:
- AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine
- DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine
- IntelliPAP AutoBiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- IntelliPAP BiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart BPAP 25A Auto Bi-Level Machine with RESlex and Heated Humidifier
- S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine
- S9 VPAP™ S BiLevel Machine
All machines can connect to DC power. Some machines are configured to operate on DC Power and have a DC power outlet. Other machines require AC power and will need an Inverter that turns DC power to AC power.
Having the proper equipment is the biggest key to successfully operating the machine from a battery. For example, if your machine does have a DC outlet and you want to run your machine from a marine battery, be sure to get the correct DC cable for the machine, as well as an adapter cable with alligator clips that fits over the cigarette lighter plug.
CPAP.com sells complete battery kits with everything you need for many machines including the correct cables for those machines and batteries. If you have questions about the specific power needs of your machine, review the 'Power' tab found on the machine's product page, or give us a call at 1-800-356-5221.
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP" or "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
- Your specific pressure setting:
- Example: 9 CM/H2O
- Example: 9
- Example: 14 CM/H2O
- Example: 14
Here are some of our top selling CPAP machines:
XT Fit CPAP Machine
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
Transcend© miniCPAP™ Machine
+ See More
A CPAP machine provides air at a constant prescribed pressure. The air is delivered to the person through a tube and a CPAP mask. CPAP therapy provides a constant airflow which keeps the airway open so uninterrupted breathing is maintained during sleep. The air stream eliminates Sleep Apnea events and allows the person to get a restful sleep.
The level of air pressure required to maintain your airway is determined during your sleep study. Your doctor will write a prescription for a CPAP machine set at that pressure.
CPAP therapy is delivered through a nasal mask that seals around the nose, nasal pillows which seal at the nasal opening, or nasal prong masks that seal inside the nares. Full face masks are available for a person who breathes through both the nose and mouth. Many innovative and comfortable options are available and advances in the delivery of CPAP therapy are continually occurring.
For instance: Some machines offer a comfort feature such as FLEX or EPR technology. It provides exhalation relief, a slight drop in pressure at the time of exhalation to help make therapy more natural. APAP, BiPAP and BiLevel machines offer various levels of pressure throughout the night.
I love it! I have no complaints about this machine at all. I love that you can dial in just how much humidity you need. Its very quite and easy to use. I really like that it all breaks down and can fit into the little travle case that came with it. Very handy as my wife and I travel a lot. An excellent machine overall that's easy to use and travles well! more...
3 people found this helpful.
I am very pleased with the C-PAP machine. Shipping and handling was in excellent manner. Thank you!
1 person found this helpful.
The delivery was too fast. I'm satisfied with it and the products as to date. Thanks
1 person found this helpful.
small, quiet, works grear, easy to set up
1 person found this helpful.
I like the machine, it is basic with the important extras. the ramping is great and the ability to put the hudimifer on it is awesome in the winter. The only thing I would like to see on it is a on/off switch for the power. Unplugging it every morning and plugging it in every night is not very convenient. more...
6 people found this helpful.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturerResmedResMedApex MedicalTypeCPAPCPAPCPAPWarranty2 Years2 Years2 YearsSound Level31-dB26.6 dBA28 dBQuietNoYesYesManuals IncludedPatient/Quick SetupPatient/Quick SetupPatient
DimensionsTravel SizedYesYesYesUnder 3 lbsYesYesYesMachine Weight2.9 lbs2.751.87 lbsEntire Weight4.5 lbs5.1 lbs5.4 lbsEntire Size12" x 5" x 4"10.04"x4.75"x5.91"10 in x 6.75 in x 5.5 inEntire Package Size12" x 15" x 5"13.24"x10"x5"13 in x 7.5 in x 8.5 inMachine Size Only4.4" x 6.5" X 5.7"NA5.7 in x 5.1 in x 3.9 in
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierHumidaire 3iHumidAirXT Heated HumidifierBuilt-In HumidifierNoYesNoHeated Humidifier TypeIntegratedBuilt InIntegratedAmbient Rainout ReductionNoAutoClimateControlNoIntegrated Heated HoseNoClimateLineAireNoHumidifier Water Capacity380mL300 mL
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentNoNoNoPressure Range4-20cm H204-20cm H2O4-20cm H2OEPAP Pressure RangeNANANAEasy BreathingNoEPR with Easy-BreatheNoRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeYesYesYesLeak CompensationN/AYesNoMax Operating Altitude8,500 ft8,000 ft (4-18 cm)
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationNoYesNoVoltage Range100-240V AC100-240V100-240V ACOptional DC CableNoYesNoIntegrated BatteryNoNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataNoYesNoData CardNoYesNoOptional SoftwareAutoScan 5.7ResScanNo
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentManualAutoManualAuto ON/OFFNoYesNoMask Off AlertNoNoNoSpontaneousNoNoNoTimedNoNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesYesBacklight Shuts OffYesNo