"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERBought this Auto-CPAP to replace a loud machine. I'm amazed how quiet this is. Very happy so far."
April 27, 2011
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERSimple, effective, and inexpensive. A great choice, especially for cash payers."
October 19, 2011
The Zzz-PAP Auto is one of the smallest and lightest APAPs on the market. The Zzz-PAP Auto comes with therapy management software to track your therapy progress. The machine also comes with an industry standard two year warranty.
The Zzz-PAP Auto is no longer available. Looking for an auto machine that is similar in price and size? The XT Auto CPAP is a great option currently available.
Manufactured by PMI Probasics.
Probasics introduces the same dependable and quiet CPAP therapy customers have come to love with the Zzz-PAP 'Silent Traveler' CPAP machine now in an advanced auto-adjusting CPAP machine (APAP).
Reasons to Consider This Machine:
- Advanced Auto Algorithm. The advanced auto algorithm changes the pressure on a breath by breath basis to deliver the minimum amount of pressure needed to keep the airway open.
- Included Heated Humidifier. The Zzz-PAP Auto uses the same humidifier as the Zzz-PAP CPAP Machine. The humidifier keeps the airway moist through out the night to make therapy more comfortable.
- Included Advanced Therapy Software. Included with each Zzz-PAP Auto purchase is a copy of the Advanced Therapy Software, Zzz-Ware. This software allows tracking of therapy progress over time. The data from the last night of usage is also viewable through the Zzz-PAP Auto's Menu button.
- Automatic Altitude Adjustment. The Zzz-PAP Auto automatically adjusts the pressure depending on changes in altitude.
- Leak Compensation. The Zzz-PAP Auto adjusts the pressure to compensate for detected mask leaks.
- Clock with Alarm Function. The Clock and Alarm can be set through the Zzz-PAP Auto's Menu Display.
More Information on these Features:
Advanced Auto Algorithm. The Zzz-PAP Auto monitors the user's breathing through a set or pressure sensors inside the machine. The sensors measure pressure changes, caused by events such as snoring and apneas, on a breath by breath basis. Starting at the minimum set pressure, the Zzz-PAP will adjust the machine's pressure on a breath by breath to compensate for changes in airflow in order to keep your airway open. Once an event, such as an apnea is detected, the Zzz-PAP gradually increases the pressure until the event has passed.
For example, if you move from your side to your back while sleeping, your airway may become more obstructed. If this occurs, the Zzz-PAP Auto would detect this obstruction and increase the pressure until the obstruction was resolved.
Included Heated Humidifier. The Heated Humidifier provides six levels of humidity control. There is a easy to understand green led that is lit when the heater is turned on. The humidifier's water chamber disassembles and is machine washable.
Zzz-Ware Advance Therapy Tracking Software. Every Zzz-PAP Auto comes with advanced therapy software! The Zzz-Ware not only tracks basic compliance data, it also tracks advanced therapy such as Apnea/Hypopnea indexes, snoring events, and flow limitations. When reviewing the data, there are four tabs that show the majority of the information; the Total Time, Compliance, Detail, and Long Term.
The Total Time and Compliance tabs show basically the same information of when the device was used. The difference between the Total Time and the Compliance is that compliance time is the time the device was used while the user is wearing the mask.
The Detail tab shows data such as the user's pressure over time, the leak rate, the AHI, and the number of pressure events per hour. This screen shows a default of the last 72 hours, however the date range can be changed by clicking the "Set Range" button.
The Long Term tab allows you to see the average pressure, compliance and events over time. The date range can be changed on this screen as well.
To retrieve data from the machine's memory, insert the SD card into the slot on the back of the machine. Do not store the data card in the machine, insert it only when doing a download.
This Product Includes...
- Zzz-PAP Auto CPAP Machine
- 6 foot Hose
- Carrying Case
- Reusable Filter
- Owner Manual
- Power Cord
- USB to Mini USB Download Cable
- Mini SD Memory Card
- APAP Therapy Software
|Pressure Range||4cm to 20cm H2O (.5 increments)|
|Initial Pressure||3cm to 19cm H2O|
|Maximum Pressure||5cm to 20cm H2O|
|Minimum Pressure||4cm to 19cm H2O|
|Ramp Time||0 to 45 min; 5 minute increments|
|Starting Ramp Pressure||From 3cm up to CPAP pressure (19 max), patient-adjustable|
|Dimensions||5.7" x 5.1" x 3.9"|
|Weight||CPAP: 1.76 lbs.|
|Altitude Compensation||Up to 8,000 ft when the pressure is set at 4-18cm H2O, but limit to 5,000ft when the pressure is set at 18.5-20cm H2O|
|Electrical Requirements||100 - 240 AC|
System Requirements for Software
- Pentium 350Mhz or Higher
- 128 MB RAM
- CD-ROM drive compatible with multimedia computer
- 1024 x768 or higher resolution VGA monitor
- Minimum hard disc space 100MB
- 32 bit Windows XP SP2, Vista SP1, or Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 7 or greater
- Software can be installed on a 64 bit system, however, it is not an easy process. You will need a 32-bit emulator. Here is the link Probasics provided for the 32-bit emulator.
- Software is not MAC compatible
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
The Zzz-PAP will not work with:
- O2 Enrichment Adapter
- Respironics Bacteria Filter
- Tubing Elbow Adapter for CPAP and BiPAP Machines
We recommend using a CPAP hose without a universal hose or hose quick connect.
CPAP Mode Features
The ramp time, ramp start pressure and therapy (single) pressure are only available in CPAP mode. These functions are not available when set to APAP mode. Also, even though the ramp feature on the Zzz-PAP Auto can be set to (0) zero, the machine will still take approximately 2 minutes to reach your full therapy pressure.
Please Note: Do NOT store the data card in the Zzz-PAP Auto. Insert the card into the slot on the back of the machine when ready to download data.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
These CPAP machines operate automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on that power.
The user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver. World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
Respironics Battery Kit with 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter.
This battery kit comes with an external 400 Watt DC to AC power inverter for CPAP and BiPAP machines. The kit provides AC power for machines that do not come with a DC input. Use your machine's AC cord to connect to the power inverter. The Respironics portable battery pack is an external lead acid battery that is the ultimate in power, portability and convenience. This battery kit comes with the Respironics battery and the 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter.