CPAP.com Battery Kit for PR 60 Series System One Machines
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
CPAP.com Battery PR 60 Series Overview
The CPAP.com Battery Kit for PR 60 Series System One Machines allows the 60 Series machines to be used on the go or get through an unexpected power failure. This kit is made up the very small and lightweight CPAP.com lithium ion battery and the DC Cable for 60 Series machines.
The CPAP.com Battery weighs just 1.25 pounds! Add the carry bag and battery charger and it is still only 2.02 pounds. The CPAP.com Battery Kit for PR 60 Series System One Machines includes the CPAP.com Battery Pack and the DC cable compatible with PR System One 60 Series. The total weight of this kit is approximately 2.7 pounds. Please review the listings below of compatible and non-compatible machines.
CPAP.com Battery Features
Lightweight & Portable
The CPAP.com Battery Pack, at just 1.25 pounds, is surprisingly small and lightweight. It features robust power that is rarely seen in battery packs twice its size and weight.
Lithium Ion Battery
The lithium ion battery can be recharged at any discharge level without losing charge time due to battery memory loss. The CPAP.com battery pack will take approximately 10 hours to fully charge when completely drained. The battery pack is specially designed to limit the unit from under charging and over charging.
Approved for Travel
This battery has been approved by the United Nations and Department of Transportation as tested safe for travel.
Estimated Run Times
Please see the "Machine Pressure and Battery Performance" feature below to estimate the battery run time for your machine at your pressure setting. Using a heated humidifier on a 12volt battery power source will significantly reduce the amount of power provided. In most cases, usage is reduced to less than half the estimated operational time. CPAPs or BiPAPs requiring inverters reduce the power time even more.
The CPAP.com Battery Kit for PR 60 Series System One Machines comes with the CPAP.com battery and the Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines. This kit is compatible with the machines listed below. If you have any questions call our toll free number 800-356-5221 for assistance from a CPAP expert.
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine
- PR System One REMstar 60 Series Plus CPAP Machine with C-Flex
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series SE CPAP Machine
PLEASE NOTE: The DC cable included with this battery kit is compatible ONLY with PR System One REMStar 60 Series machines. It is not intended to be used with any other machines.
This Product Includes...
- 12v DC Lithium Ion Battery
- DC Cable for PR System One 60 Series Machines
- Battery Bag
- 0.9A Charger with 12 Ft Cable
The equivalent lithium content of the CPAP.com battery cells is less than 8 grams.
The CPAP.com Battery Kit for PR 60 Series System One Machines comes with the CPAP.com battery and the Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines. The weight of the entire kit is approximately 2.7 pounds.
- Battery with Permanently Attached Connection: 1.25 lbs
- Battery Charger Weight: .39 lbs
- Battery + Battery Bag + Battery Charger: 2.02 lbs
- Battery Pack Bag: 4.5" x 5.5" x 3"
- Equivalent Lithium Ion Content: 8 grams
- Power Output Battery Pack: 14.4V / 6.75 Amp Hr / 97.2 Watt Hour / LI-Ion
- Battery Charger: 0.9A hr. / 16.8V
- Charger Input Requirements: 100 to 240VAC / 50-60HZ max 0.3A
- Charging Time When Fully Discharged: 10 Hr.
- Charging Temperature: 32° to 113° Fahrenheit (0° to 45° Celsius)
- Use Temperature: -4° to 140° Fahrenheit (-20° to 60° Celsius)
- Shelf Life Without Use: 6 to 9 months
- Battery Life: 300 to 500 charging cycles
- Battery Warranty: 1 Year
- Disposal: Dispose of the lithium ion battery in accordance with local regulations.
Specs For: Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines
- Weight of Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines: 10.2 oz
- Overall Length: 76 in Tip to Tip
- Cord Length: 72 in - Cord Only
- Fuse: 8 AMPs
- DC Cord Manufacturer Warranty Period: 90 Days
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Instructions: The entire Instructions for the CPAP.com Battery Pack can be viewed: HERE. Do read all instructions carefully prior to using the battery pack.
Compatible ONLY with PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines: This Battery Kit is for use ONLY with PR System One 60 Series Machines which use the Heated Tube Humidifier. Interested in a battery kit for use with the 50 Series PR System One Machine? Visit this page: CPAP.com Battery Kit for Most Philips Respironics and Covidien Machines.
Use 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter To Charge When AC Power Is Not Available: If you want to use a CPAP.com Battery and need a means of charging the battery while away from AC power such as camping outdoors, use the 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter with your car, generator, or RV.
Not Intended to Power the Pure Sine Wave Inverter: Some CPAP and BiPAP machines require a very clean power to operate and must use a DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter for Resmed S8 Machines when operating with a DC power source. The CPAP.com Battery Kit is not intended to be used to power a Sine Wave Inverter and CPAP or BiPAP machine.
Use ONLY the included Charger to charge the CPAP.com Battery Pack
- Plug the AC outlet adapter of the charger into a standard 110 volt household electrical outlet. If charging outside the United States using 240V current, an appropriate outlet adapter will be required. The battery cannot be charged from a solar or battery source unless an inverter is used to change DC to AC power.
- Plug the 12V power adapter (cigarette lighter adapter) of the charger into the 12V DC power port of the battery pack.
- Both lights on the charger turn red once connected to the wall outlet and battery. The light on the AC outlet adapter shows red when the battery is charging and turns green when the battery is fully charged. The light on the 12V power is always red and indicates the charger is plugged into a wall outlet.
- When the light on the AC outlet adapter turns green the battery pack is fully charged. The light on the 12V power adapter will continue to be red.
- Charge time takes up to 10 hours when starting with a fully discharged battery. Do not leave the battery connected to the charger for more than 12 hours.
- When the battery pack is fully charged, disconnect the battery pack from the charger and disconnect the AC outlet adapter from the wall outlet. Do not overcharge the battery. The light on the 12V power adapter will remain RED even when the battery is fully charged and the light on the AC outlet has turned GREEN.
- If not used, you can expect the battery to hold a charge for to 6 to 9 months. Recharge at that time.
How to Tell the Difference Between a 60 Series and 50 Series Machine
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers are charcoal gray with metallic silver side and instrument panels.
- Original 50 Series PR System One units are dark gray with ivory colored side and instrument panels.
- The PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines have the words "System One" in raised or embossed letters stamped in silver on both the machine and humidifier.
- Original 50 Series PR System One units do not have raised lettering, the branding information is painted onto the unit.
- Machine and Humidifier Connections
- PR System One REMStar 60 SeriesMachines and Heated Humidifiers have a 6 pin connection between the machine and humidifier.
- Original 50 Series PR System One Units have a 4 pin connection between the machine and humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers have a mechanical connection between the machine and humidifier
- Original 50 Series PR System One Units have 2 tabs on the humidifier that fit into 2 slots on the machine.
- Model Number Reference
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines label identification example: the label on the bottom of the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP lists: "REMStar Auto"; "REF" of 560P; and Serial Number identified by "SN". The number 560 references the part number of the machine.
- Original 50 Series PR System One Machines label identification on the bottom of other versions of System One machines lists: Machine name; "REF" that does not have the number "6" in the second position from the left; and Serial Number identified by "SN". For example the label on the bottom of a PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex lists "REMStar Auto" and "REF" of 550P. The number 550 references the part number of the machine.
REGARDING HEATED HUMIDIFIERS:
Using a heated humidifier on a 12volt battery power source will significantly reduce the amount of power provided. In most cases, usage is reduced to less than half the estimated operational time.
For optimum performance of your battery pack, plan to use your CPAP without the heated humidifier. The humidifier can be connected and filled with water and the power turned off. This changes a typical heated humidifier into a passive humidifier.
We suggest purchasing your battery pack far enough in advance so that the battery can be tested with the your CPAP machine. To determine the actual amount of power time you will receive and whether or not heated humidification is required for your comfort, test the battery at home before traveling.
This is a lithium ion battery. The equivalent lithium content is less than 8 grams. The DC power specifications of this batter are:
- 6.75 Amp Hr
- 97.2 Watt Hour
The CPAP.com Lithium Ion Battery Pack must be charged using the included specially designed 0.9A / 16.8V battery charger. Using any other charger may damage the battery and become a fire hazard.
The battery pack is shipped with a minimal charge and must be charged for 10 hours before it can be used for the first time.
The battery pack must be recharged using standard AC 110v to 240v power, and cannot be recharged off of a battery or solar source. However, the battery may be charged using an inverter which changes DC to AC power. And example of this is: 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter.
I had the RT with whom I work, go through the maze of products listed (CPAP machines) on the phone with CPAP.com to be sure I got the right machine. It arrived promptly, but didn't work with my machine. When I called, I was told that it was the right equipment, but that "with a small number of machines they just don't work" HUH??!! I did get a prompt refund for returning it. Bad news. more...
2 people found this helpful.