"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERThis C-PAP meets my requirements for back-up battery power since we live in hurricane country and lose power during/after storms."
June 19, 2018
Affected by the power outages in California? We're here to help. Give us a call to help make sure you can continue therapy.
Manufactured by Human Design Medical.
This product is not currently available for expedited shipping within the continental U.S. Regular ground shipping will be the only options. Other options may be available for non-continental U.S. residents.
The Z1 and Z2 PowerShell with Extended Life Battery allows users to take the Z1 and Z2 Travel CPAP Machine wherever they go, ideal for camping and airline travel. It also offers freedom from power outages and helps omit cord clutter for those looking to use it for everyday home use.
The Extended Life Battery features double the runtime of the original Z1 battery, offering a full 9 hours of runtime for the Z1 and Z2 at the highest pressure setting of 20 cm H2O.
The Z1 and Z2 with the PowerShell can act as a fail over battery back up. Place the Z1 and the fully charged Extended Life Battery in the PowerShell and plug in the AC. If there is an interruption in AC power, the battery back up will take over. The battery does not charge while the Z1 CPAP machine is turned on.
The Z1 and Z2 PowerShell with Battery is compatible ONLY with the Z1 and Z2 CPAP Machines. Is is not intended for use with any other machines.
PLEASE NOTE: Remove the battery from the PowerShell when not in use. The battery charge will be depleted if connected to the PowerShell, even when not in use.
FAA Approved for In-Flight Use
This battery is approved for in-flight use. Carry it on to your next flight and use while in the air!
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- PowerShell Battery Cradle with Lanyard
- Lithium Ion Extended Battery
- Extended Battery Shuttle (Attached To Battery)
PowerShell with Attached Extended Battery Dimensions: 7.0 Inches L x 3.75 Inches W x 2.5 Inches H
Lifetime: approximately 300 charge / discharge cycle
PowerShell with Attached Extended Battery Weight: 1.58 pounds (25.3 ounces)
Battery Pack Content: Lithium Ion Battery
Estimated Runtime: Manufacturer testing shows that the Extended Life Battery will power a Z1 or Z2 CPAP at the highest settings (20 cmH2O, Z-Breathe 3) for 8.9 hours. These results were obtained via bench testing under simulated operating conditions. Lower pressures will result in longer battery operating time. Actual run time may vary due to machine settings, machine pressure, and personal breathing.
Shelf life: Batteries are shipped with between 30% and 50% of rated capacity, providing a minimum of 6 months shelf life when stored at 25°C. If storage temperature exceeds 25°C over a 6-month period then shelf life will be reduced and the battery should be recharged periodically.
FAA Approved: Yes.
Warranty period: 2 years for PowerShell; 9 months for Extended Life Battery
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Getting Started With The PowerShell
- Slide the battery into the lower bay of the PowerShell until you hear the shuttle click indicating the battery has locked into place.
- Slide the Z1 or Z2 all the way into the upper bay ofthe PowerShell. You will hear the Z1 or the Z2 click indicating that it has locked into place. The Z1 or the Z2 will power on in standby mode. The display will read 0.0.
- Connect one end of the CPAP tube to the round end of the tube adapter. Insert the other end of the tube adapter into the outlet of the Z1 or Z2 as shown. Connect the other end of the CPAP tube to the mask. Ensure all connections are tight to avoid air leaks.
- Push the start/stop button to initiate therapy using the pre-programmed prescription setting. Push this button a second time to start therapy.
Charging The Battery
- With both the Z1 or Z2 and the battery fully inserted into the PowerShell, plug the power supply (AC to DC Adapter) into the wall outlet. The Z1 or Z2 must be in standby mode (display reads 0.0) to charge the battery.
- The battery status indicator on the Z1 or Z2 will flash when the battery is charging. The number of solid bars indicates the current level of charge. The battery charging is complete when the 4th bar stops flashing.
PLEASE NOTE: If the PowerShell does not appear to be charging, disconnect the Z1 or Z2, battery, and power supply and reassemble. Make sure you hear the components click together and see that the DC plug (silver cylinder in the bottom of the PowerShell) goes into the hole in the CPAP and then reattempt to charge the PowerShell.
FAA Compliant for In-Flight Use
Lithium-ion batteries under 100 wh are permitted to be carried on to an aircraft and used in-flight. For more information about the types of batteries acceptable for in-flight use, please see the following document.FAA Regulations for Batteries