"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERVery light weight and very comfortable. My old nasal pillows made my nostrils sore, but these you hardly can feel."
October 22, 2013
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERInfinitely more comfortable and infinitely more easy to maintain and clean."
October 23, 2013
The Philips Respironics' Nuance & Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow CPAP Masks with Gel Nasal Pillows use the first ever gel nasal pillow in a breakthrough design. The mask incorporates the comfort and contour of gel into a gel nasal pillow. Select the Nuance Pro to experience the first silicone frame with gel pads or, select the Nuance for a soft cloth mask frame. All three sizes of gel nasal pillows are included with both versions of the mask.
Manufactured by Philips Respironics.
7% of Nasal Pillow product buyers choose this product.
The Nuance & Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow CPAP Masks with Gel Nasal Pillows are the first of a kind in nasal pillow masks. By using the gel technology Philips Respironics pioneered in a lightweight and minimal nasal pillow design they offer a new dimension in comfort and seal. The gel nasal pillows fit two frame designs, offering a choice of a fabric or silicone frame. The Nuance Pro uses a clear silicone frame with gel pads to cushion the cheeks. The Nuance uses a soft cloth mask frame for lightweight comfort. Both come with all three sizes of gel nasal pillow. This is a nasal pillow CPAP mask and covers only the nares or nostrils, delivering air directly to the nasal cavity.
- Innovative Gel Nasal Pillows
- Three Sizes Nasal Pillows Included
- Nuance Pro - Gel & Silicone Frame
- Nuance - Soft Cloth Frame
- Flexible Lightweight Short Tube
- Easy to Use Minimal Design
- Micro Exhalation Ports
- Travel Friendly Flexibility
Gel Nasal Pillows
The gel nasal pillow from Philips Respironics, the industry leader in gel mask technology, is designed to comfortably seal at the opening of the nose to deliver the therapy pressure. The gel ring is very soft and flexible to conform to the shape of the nose. All three sizes of the gel nasal pillow come packaged with both models of the Nuance letting the user select the optimal size for fit and seal. To extend the life of the mask, replacement pillows are available for purchase.
Philips Respironics offers the gel nasal pillow on two different frame formats allowing the user to choose. The headgear for each frame format is designed to support the gel nasal pillow seal. Select the Nuance or Nuance Pro when ordering to the get the desired frame and headgear. Read below for more information about the differences between the two options.
Nuance Pro - Silicone Frame with Gel Pads
The Nuance Pro frame is made of flexible clear silicone. It includes gel pads at the cheek area of the frame to cushion the area. The gel pads are permanently attached to the silicone frame and cannot be removed. The headgear is designed with Velcro closure tabs which attach to slots in the silicone frame. Please Note: The silicone frame with gel pads used with the Nuance Pro is not compatible with the Nuance headgear.
Nuance - Soft Cloth Frame
The Nuance frame is made of soft and flexible fabric that is lightweight. The gel nasal pillow is secured in place on the frame with a built in retaining ring. The Nuance frame Velcro tabs connects to the headgear at connector loops attached to the crown straps. Please Note: The fabric frame used with the Nuance is not compatible with the Nuance Pro headgear.
Flexible Short Tube
The Nuance and Nuance Pro short tube is highly flexible and lightweight. It creates a buffer between the long hose and gel nasal pillow allowing for movement during sleep without disrupting the seal. The end of the short tube includes a swivel allowing the long tube to turn without torquing the short tubing. The tube is attached to the pillow cushion platform which is inserted into the opening of the frame. The gel pillow easily attaches to the pillow cushion platform.
The headgear used with the Nuance and Nuance Pro have a built in hose loop at the crown. If desired, the short tube can be routed up and over the top of the head to keep the hose out of the way during sleep.
Micro Exhalation Ports
The elbow connection used by both the Nuance and Nuance Pro feature micro exhalation ports to soft and quiet the exhalation stream. The ports are angled towards the short tube. Therefore, if the tube is routed up over the head and secured with the headgear loop the exhaled air will be aimed upward and if it the tube is routed down over the chest the air exhalation will aim toward the users body.
Minimal, Travel Friendly Design
The Nuance and Nuance Pro are lightweight masks with just 4 parts making them easy to maintain. The masks easily come apart for cleaning. The nasal pillow design means no forehead support to obstruct the view allowing the user to read or watch TV while preparing for sleep. The small and lightweight Nuance and Nuance Pro can easily be packed for travel without fear of breaking a brittle mask frame.
Details of Nuance and Nuance Pro
See the Important Tips Tab of this page to see a detailed listing of the differences between the Nuance and Nuance Pro.
Free Returns Less Shipping 30 Days From Purchase
This Product Includes...
Short Tube Length - Excluding Swivel and Cuffs: Approx. 13 Inches
Material Components for Nuance & Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow CPAP Masks with Gel Nasal Pillows
- Nuance Fabric Frame: Nylon / Lycra / Urethane Foam / Trico Mesh
- Nuance Pro Frame: Thermoplastic Polyester Elastomer
- Headgear: Nylon UBL / Urethane Foam / Lycra
- Backstrap Soft Foam: Urethane Foam
- Swivel: Polycarbonate
- Exhalation Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Cushions: Silicone Rubber
- Pillows: Urethane Gel
- Tubing: Polypropylene
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
Where do I find the size?
The standard size gel mask frame and the standard size fabric mask frame fit all three nasal pillow cushions. The mask frame does not have an identifiable size due to the universal fit. The reduced size fabric mask frame is not offered with this purchase. To acquire the reduced size fabric mask frame, a separate order must be placed. The reduced size mask frame, which does not have an identifiable size, is known by the specific order placed.
To find the size of the nasal pillow cushion, remove the nasal pillow cushion from the mask frame. Hold the nasal pillow cushion with the largest opening facing upward. To the right of the hole, locate a black letter that indicates the size of the nasal pillow cushion.
When the headgear is properly in place, the top buckle strap will be on the top of the head with the hose retaining loop upward. The back strap which features the Philips Respironics logo will be on the back of the head. If the headgear is not on the head properly the pillows will not align properly and can cause discomfort and not seal properly.
Gel Pillow Appearance & Orientation
Use these landmarks to orient the gel pillow correctly in the pillow cushion platform and short tube assembly:
- Letter size indicator on pillow will be on the left check side.
- System One Resistance Control number (X2) will be on the bottom of the pillow shell towards the chin.
- The long flat portion of the pillow cushion platform (the clear acrylic part that holds the pillow cushion) is closer to the nose with the triangle pointing down toward the mouth.
The nasal pillow for the Nuance & Nuance Pro has a gel ring that rests against the opening of the nose or nare. There may be some dimpling along the edge of the gel ring. This is normal and does not impact the function of the pillow.
To disassemble, first remove the nasal pillow from the clear triangular piece of the elbow. The elbow can then be pulled out of the frame.
Frame & Headgear Differences Between Nuance & Nuance Pro: The Nuance and Nuance Pro use the same gel pillows. The differences between the two models rests in the frame & headgear design.
- Frame: The frame of the Nuance is made of soft, flexible fabric with a triangular shaped retaining ring that holds the pillow in place.
- Soft, flexible cloth with permanently attached retaining ring to hold pillow cushion platform.
- Approximate length with tabs folded over - 15 inches.
- Approximate strap width - 1/2 inch
- Headgear: The headgear for the Nuance is made up of three parts permanently sewn together - back strap; left crown strap & right crown strap.
- Pale blue back strap with Philips Respironics logo.
- Approximate length of blue back strap - 10 1/2 inches (not including the crown strap pieces)
- Approximate width of back strap at widest - 1 3/8 inches.
- Left crown strap, curved at frame attachment, pale gray with one frame attachment and one center crown attachment, including a permanently attached tube retainer loop.
- Approximate length of left crown strap - 6 inches.
- Right crown strap, curved at frame attachment, pale gray with one frame attachment and one crown tab.
- Approximate length of right crown strap - 8 1/2 inches.
- Compatibility: The Nuance soft cloth frame works only with the Nuance headgear. It is NOT compatible with the Nuance Pro headgear.
- Frame: The frame of the Nuance Pro is made of silicone with gel check pads. A triangular opening holds the pillow cushion platform.
- Flexible silicone with gel pads to cushion the cheek area, curved to conform to face.
- 2 Tab openings formed in the silicone to attach the headgear straps.
- Approximate length of frame including tab openings - 9 inches.
- Approximate gel pad length - 1 7/8 inch
- Approximate gel pad width - 1/2 inch
- Headgear: The headgear for the Nuance Pro is made up of three parts permanently sewn together - back strap; left crown strap & right crown strap.
- Dove gray, back strap with Philips Respironics logo.
- Approximate length of gray back strap - 9 1/2 inches (not including the crown strap pieces)
- Approximate width of back strap at widest - 1 1/4 inches.
- Left crown strap, c shaped curve, pale gray with one frame attachment tab and one center crown attachment, including a permanently attached tube retainer loop.
- Approximate length of left crown strap with tab folded over- 7 inches.
- Right crown strap, c shaped curve, pale gray with two tabs, one for crown attachment and one for frame attachment.
- Nuance Pro is printed on the tab of the right crown strap that attaches to the frame.
- Approximate length of right crown strap with tabs folded over- 8 1/2 inches.
- Compatibility: The Nuance Pro silicone and gel frame works only with the Nuance Pro headgear. It is NOT compatible with the Nuance headgear.
Elbow & Pillow Cushion Platform: The elbow is permanently attached to the clear acrylic pillow cushion platform. The two cannot be separated.
System One Resistance Control Tips
If using a Respironics System One machine, a system one resistance control number from Respironics can be set to allow the machine to compensate for different mask types. The resistance control number for the Nuance and Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask is X2. Please Note: System One Resistance Control is for System One Machines only.
SnuggleCover for Short Tubes: The SnuggleHose Cover for Short Mask Tubes will fit the short tube of the Nuance & Nuance Pro.