Manufactured by Somnetics.
The Heat Moisture Exchanger (HME) is designed to provide moisture while using the Transcend Bedside Kit for Waterless Humidification with the following Somnetics machine:
- Transcend 'Soft & Wearable' Travel CPAP Machine
- Transcend Travel CPAP Machine
- Transcend EZEX Travel CPAP Machine
- Transcend Auto Travel CPAP Machine with EZEX
It differs from a humidification chamber by capturing heat and moisture from every exhalation. It then returns the heat and moisture upon inhalation. The HME is also much smaller than a humidification chamber and can easily be replaced. Hospitals employ HME technology to provide patients with ventilation.
The HME should be changed each time you feel that you are not receiving adequate humidification. This averages about once per week. Keep the replacement HME sealed in its packaging until ready for use. It will immediately start to collect moisture once exposed to the air.
This product is compatible only with the Transcend machines along with the Transcend Bedside Kit for Waterless Humidification. This HME is not compatible with any other machines.
This is a single HME (Heat Moisture Exchage Unit) and does not include the machine or other parts required for use.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- 1- HME
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 10 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System