This is a bilevel machine which differs from a CPAP in that it switches back and forth between two pressure levels, one higher and one lower, rather than providing one continuous pressure level. The pressure upon inhalation is higher to hold the airway open, but as the user exhales, the pressure drops to a preset lower level. A bilevel machine responds well to people with very high CPAP pressure needs, weak chest wall muscles, lung disease or other health problems that keep them from being able to exhale against a CPAP pressure.
Manufactured by Puritan Bennett.
The Puritan Bennett GoodKnight 425 Bilevel machine includes the following features:
- Smallest, lightest Bilevel, BiPAP or VPAP on the market.
- SilverLining 3.10 Data Management software option to download compliance and session data.
- International power supply to operate on any AC current from 110 to 240 without adjustment to the machine. (An adapter may be needed to plug the CPAP into a wall outlet outside the US.)
- Direct DC operation without the need for a DC/AC inverter, just a cable and adapter which are sold separately on our site.
- Automatic altitude compensation adjustment.
- Two washable, reusable pollen filters are included; optional ultra-fine filters are available.
- 2 year manufacturer warranty against defects.
This Product Includes...
- GoodKnight 425 Bilevel Machine
- 6 Foot Hose
- Carrying Case
- 2 Reusable Foam Filters
- All Manuals
Product SpecificationsPressure Range 4cm to 25cm H2O
Ramp Time 0 to 30 min. (5-min. increments)
Starting Ramp Pressure From 4cm, patient-adjustable
Dimensions 5.6" x 2.9" x 7.7"
Weight Bilevel: 1.54 lbs.; Power Supply Module (included): 1.16 lbs.; Total weight 2.7 lbs.
Altitude Compensation Automatic
Electrical Requirements 100 - 240 AC, 12volt DC
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 10 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
This is a great bilevel machine, just as small and lightweight as the 420 series of CPAPs. Puritan Bennett released the component heated humidifier that will integrate with this bilevel. (The price of this unit does not include the humidifier.)
Bilevel machines come with a six foot hose, a travel bag and manuals. Masks are not included and must be purchased separately. We will be happy to help you with sizing and offer suggestions on current popular masks.
The 12 volt jack on this machine is not the same size as the 420 series cpap machines. Use the Respironics "12volt DC Power Cord (to connect CPAP to cigarette lighter socket)" for battery operations. Part # 1001956.
Error Note: If the machine displays an error 7 or "ER 7" this indicates an issue internally with the machine's blower. You can contact the provider of the machine to seek service if it is available, or the machine may need to be replaced.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 10101 Stafford Centre Drive, Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
CPAP Power Options
This system operates automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on that power.
The user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver. World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
Universal 12 Volt DC Power Cord
This machine come equipped with a DC plug on the back of the unit. This allows the user to connect the CPAP to an external DC battery source. The IntelliPAP can be powered by plugging the 12volt DC Power Cord into a cigarette lighter plug. This is ideal for traveling by car, boat, or recreational vehicle that is equipped with a cigarette lighter plug.
CPAP.com Battery Kit with Universal 12 Volt DC Cable
The 2.5 lb CPAP.com Battery Pack is surprisingly small and lightweight. The lithium ion battery can be recharged at any discharge level without losing charge time due to battery memory loss. This battery has been approved by the United Nations and Department of Transportation as tested safe for travel. This battery kit comes with the CPAP.com battery and the 12 Volt DC Power Cord.
Respironics Battery Kit with Universal 12 Volt DC Cable
This portable battery pack is an external lead acid battery that is the ultimate in power, portability and convenience. This battery kit comes with the Respironics battery and the 12 Volt DC Power Cord (connects CPAP to cigarette lighter socket).
CPAP Product Customer Reviews View All Reviews