"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERGreat device and great service. My wife and I can sleep in the same room again!"
April 4, 2018
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERAll the bells and whistles and simple to use. Very pleased with it!"
May 10, 2018
The AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier is the next advancement in BiLevel treatment from ResMed. This machine automatically adjusts to deliver one pressure for inhalation, and another for exhalation. The HumidAir™ heated humidifier is built into the AirCurve™ 10 VAuto expanding on the success of the S9 line. Add the Optional ClimateLineAir™ heated tubing to optimize humidification.
Manufactured by ResMed.
31% of BiLevel Machine product buyers choose this product.
The AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier uses advanced technology to aim for therapy comfort on many levels. This is an auto bilevel machine with a built in heated humidifier capable of self-adjusting the humidification level based on the temperature of the room.
The machine automatically adjusts inhalation and exhalation pressure on a breath by breath basis while monitoring the length of inhalation breaths and responding to regulate the breathing cycle.
- AutoSet Algorithm
- Built In HumidAir™ Humidifier
- Optional ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tube
- Pressure Relief Technology
- Vsync Leak Management
- TiControl Feature
- My Options Color LCD Display
- Light Sensor
- Advanced Data
ResMed developed an advanced algorithm technology for bilevel therapy to continuously monitor breathing in order to adjust the inhalation and exhalation pressure breath by breath. Adjusting the delivered pressure based on the needs of the user increases the comfort of the therapy while maintaining an open airway.
HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier and Optional ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tube
The HumidAir™ humidifier is built into the AirCurve™ 10 machine taking up limited space on a bedside table. Easily adjust the humidification level using the My Options screen on the machine. To set the amount of moisture added to the air stream, select levely 1 through 8 with 1 being the lowest level of humidification, and 8 being the highest. If humidification is not desired, turn the humidifier off entirely.
The OPTIONAL ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tube can be added to the therapy system to optimize humidification. Select the "Auto" function on the AirCurve 10 VAuto to allow the Climate Control system to set for the optimum humidification with minimal rainout condensation. The system considers the temperature of the room air to deliver the optimum level of humidification. Please Note: The ClimateLineAir™ tube is 78 inches in length.
Pressure Relief Technology
- EPR™: When the AirCurve™ 10 VAuto is set in CPAP Mode, the machine offers Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR™) to help therapy feel more natural. ResMed's EPR™ feature adjusts the amount of pressure delivered during exhalation and inhalation. The feature can be turned off, or set to Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3. Level 1 is the smallest change between inhalation and exhalation, while Level 3 is the largest change in pressures.
- Easy-Breathe: In S Mode, the machine uses Easy-Breathe technology to mimic the user's breathing pattern to help create a more familiar sleep experience.
- Automatic Adjustments: When placed in Auto Mode only, the machine is designed to automatically adapt the pressure as needed.
- Ramp: In CPAP Mode, this feature gradually increases the pressure in increments before reaching the prescribed pressure. This is intended to help the user acclimate to the pressure and fall asleep with greater ease. In VAuto, S, ST and T Modes, the expiratory pressure increases from the starting EPAP to the prescribed pressure.
Vsync monitors mask leaks throughout the night and compensates by adjusting the baseline pressure to maintain therapy effectiveness.
The TiControl feature on the AirCurve VAuto machine monitors the pattern of inhalation and exhalation, comparing it against the TiMax and TiMin settings on the machine. Those with respiratory disorders such as COPD or obstructive lung disease may experience early or delayed changes from inspiration to expiration, referred to as cycling. The 10 VAuto BiLevel TiControl feature is designed to prevent cycling by setting a minimum and maximum time limit on inspiration. When the machine detects the user breathing which falls outside the machine settings, it will intervene to alter the timing of the delivered IPAP (inhalation) or EPAP (exhalation) pressure.
- Ti Max: Maximum length of Inhalation
- Ti Min: Minimum length of Inhalation
- Trigger: Sensitivity level for inhalation trigger
- Cycle: Sensitivity level for exhalation
IMPORTANT FUNCTION NOTE: The AirCurve 10 VAuto machine does spontaneously regulate the breathing pattern to avoid cycling which results in inefficient breathing. This feature CANNOT be turned off. This machine is NOT a BiLevel ST machine and DOES NOT have a back up rate setting.
LCD Display with My Options
The AirCurve™ 10 VAuto has a color LCD display. The menus are designed to be easy to read and use. Select the menu item on the screen by turning the easy grip dial. Select the My Options menu to view and modify the current settings:
- Ramp time - Ease into therapy with a period of lower pressure. Or select AutoRamp™ and the machine senses and adjusts when sleep begins.
- Humidity Level - Set humidity between 1 (lowest) & 8 (highest), or turn it off.
- Mask Fit - Runs a seal integrity check showing a green smiling face for a good fit or red frowning face for a poor fit.
- Leak Alert- Set the device to begin beeping when a large leak is detected or the mask is removed.
- SmartStart™ - Therapy automatically starts when it senses breathing.
- Mask Type - Set the mask type being used: Nasal; Nasal Pillow; Full Face Mask.
- Run Warmup - Preheat the humidifier water before starting therapy.
The AirCurve™ 10 includes an integrated light sensor to adjust the machine screen light level. The sensor reads the light in the room and adjusts the screen brightness automatically. Once the lights in the room are turned off, the machine screen dims. After a few seconds the machine screen goes dark.
The AirCurve™ VAuto records the therapy information on the machine's on board memory. The data can be downloaded to the included SD card. The machine's on board memory holds compliance information for 365 sessions of use as well as detailed data for 30 sessions.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- Auto-Adjusting BiLevel Machine
- Built-In HumidAire Heated Humidifier
- Standard Water Chamber
- 6 Ft SlimLine Tubing - 15mm Diameter
- Power Supply and Cord
- Travel Bag
- 1 - Standard Filter (Installed)
- Filter Cover
- SD Card - Inserted in Machine
- Patient Manual
Weight - Machine with Water Chamber: 2.75 lbs (44 oz.)
Dimensions - Machine with Water Chamber: 10.04 in L x 4.57 in W x 5.91 in H
Weight - Standard Chamber: .54 lb
Weight - Machine with Side Cover (Without Water Chamber): Approx. 2.452 lbs
Dimensions - Machine with Side Cover (Without Water Chamber): Approx. 8 in L x 4.57 in W x 5.91 in H
Dimensions - Travel Bag: 13.24 in L x 10 in W x 5 in H
Weight - Travel Bag Alone: 1.18 lb
Weight - Machine with Humidifier; Power Supply and Cord; SlimLine Tube; Travel Bag: Approx. 5.1 lbs
Weight - Machine with Humidifier; Power Supply and Cord; OPTIONAL ClimateLineAir Tube; Travel Bag: Approx. 5.25 lbs
Sound Level (CPAP Mode): 26.6 dBA
Water Chamber Capacity: 380 mL
Weight - 90W Power Supply, Cord and Plug: 1.29 lb
Dimensions - 90W Power Supply Only (Not including Cord or Plug): 5 1/2 in L x 1 7/8 in W x 1 1/4 in H
AC Input Range - 90W Power Supply: 100 - 240V, 50 - 60Hz, 1.0 - 1.5A, Class II
DC Output - 90 W Power Supply: 24V --- 3.75A
Typical Power Consumption: 53W (57VA)
Peak Power Consumption: 104W (108VA)
Operating Pressure VPAP Auto Mode: 4 - 25 cm H2O (0.2 cm increments)
Operating Pressure VPAP S Mode: 3 - 25 cm H20 (0.2 cm increments)
Operating Pressure CPAP Mode: 4 - 20 cm H2O (0.2 cm increments)
Included Hose Dimensions: 6 Ft Long, 15mm Interior Diameter, 22mm Cuff attachment
Hose Materials: Flexible Plastic
Materials - Standard Water Chamber: Injection Molded Plastic, Aluminum, Silicone Seal
Materials - Dishwasher Safe Water Chamber: Injection Molded Plastic, Stainless Steel, Silicone Seal
Materials - Standard Filter: Polyester non-woven fiber
Temperature Range - Optional ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tube: 60 - 80° F (16 - 30° C)
Operating Temperature: 41° F - 95° F (5° C - 35° C)
Storage and Transport Temperature: -4° F - 140° F (-20° C - 60° C)
Operating Humidity: 10% - 95% Relative Humidity, non-condensing
Storage and Transport Humidity: 5% - 95% relative Humidity, non-condensing
Operating Altitude: Sea Level - 8500 Feet (2,591 M); Air pressure range 1013 hPa - 738 hPa
Maximum Temperature - Heating Plate: 154° F (68° C)
Maximum Temperature - Cut Out: 165° F (74° C)
Maximum Gas Temperature: Less than or Equal to 106° F (41° C)
IEC 60601-1:2005 Classification: Class II (Double Insulation), Type BF, Ingress protection IP22
Machine and Humidifier Warranty: 2 Years
Patient Weight: Greater than 66 lbs
The chamber should be taken apart and hand washed weekly using warm water and a mild detergent. It should be rinsed well and allowed to air dry out of direct sunlight before reassembling. The chamber SHOULD NOT be washed in a dishwasher or washing machine. The hose should be washed in the same manner and allowed to completely dry out of direct sunlight before reattaching to the machine and mask.
Required Settings: This machine does not have required settings.
Unless otherwise noted, CPAP.com will leave the AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine at the following default settings:
- Ramp Time - 20 min
- Start EPAP - 4.0
- Humidity Level - 4
- Mask - Full Face
- Airplane Mode - OFF
- Mode - VAuto
- Max IPAP - 25.0
- Min EPAP - 4.0
- PS - 4.0
- Ti Max - 2.0s
- Ti Min - 0.3s
- Trigger - Med
- Cycle - Med
- Tube - Slimline
- AB Filter - No
- Leak Alert - OFF
- SmartStart - OFF
- Language - English
- Temperature - Degree Fahrenheit
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- ResMed products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
FAA Compliance Letter: To view the FAA compliance letter for the AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier, click here.
IMPORTANT MACHINE FUNCTION INFORMATION:
This is an auto adjusting bilevel machine. It delivers one pressure for breathing in (inhalation) and another separate pressure when breathing out (exhalation). When the machine is set in the VAuto mode, the two pressures are automatically adjusted on a breath by breath basis to provide the optimum pressure to maintain the airway.
The machine is designed to monitor for instances of the inhalation time being too short or too long and compare it against the TiControl settings of the machine. The TiControl feature CANNOT be turned off when the machine is set in VAuto or S mode. TiControl can be turned off when the machine is in CPAP mode.When the machine detects a breathing pattern which is outside of the setting parameters it responses in one of two ways:
- If the user attempts to inhale for longer or shorter than the settings the machine will intervene by beginning the set EPAP (expiration) pressure.
- If the user attempts to exhale for a longer or shorter time than the settings of the machine, it will intervene and begin, or deny, the IPAP (inspiration) pressure until it is called for by the settings.
This machine is NOT a BiPAP ST. This machine does NOT offer Spontaneous and Timed responses to breathing events. This machines ONLY offers Spontaneous responses to inhalation breaths being too short or too long. This machine will not serve the needs of a person who has been prescribed to used a BiPAP ST or BiLevel ST or Spontaneously and Timed BiPAP. This machine CANNOT be purchased using a prescription written for a BiPAP ST machine.
Travel Bag Tips
As of early 2015, the AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier comes with an upgraded travel bag. The improved design is bigger, measuring 13.24 in long, 12 in wide, and 5 in tall. The larger space allows the user to pack and protect their machine as well as the accessories for the machine, such as a mask. There is a zippered compartment located between the lid and the base of the bag. The included SlimLine™ hose is located in this compartment. An image of a hose is placed along the compartment to note it is the location where the user can safely store the hose. Additional images are placed on the flap near the edge of the bag. These pictures signify the designated location for the power cord and the mask.
Do not fill the water chamber past the max fill line as this could result in water entering and damaging the device. After use, allow the water chamber to cool for ten minutes before handling as it could be too hot to the touch. The machine will display a blue snowflake in the upper right of the screen while cooling is taking place. The water chamber should be washed weekly using warm water and a mild detergent, rinsed well, and allowed to dry out of direct sunlight. The standard water chamber included is not dishwasher safe and should only be hand washed. To view a dishwasher safe chamber, see the Dishwasher Safe Water Chamber for AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve 10 Humidair™ Heated Humidifier.
If the integrated heated humidifier is not being used, purchase the Side Cover for AirSense™ 10, AirStart™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machines separately in order to enclose the machine opening. The side cover is not needed to operate the machine.
How to Determine if the Water Chamber is Dishwasher Safe?
AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 machines denote the water chamber model with an "S" or "C" label. Look directly above the maximum fill line located on the side of the chamber to find the word HumidAir™ and the corresponding letter embossed into the tank.
- If the water chamber is dishwasher safe, the chamber will appear as HumidAir C, which represents a cleanable tank.
- If the water chamber is the standard model, the chamber will appear as HumidAir S, which represents a standard tank.
Either a 15mm (Slim) hose or a 22mm (Standard) hose may be used with the AirCurve™ 10 line of machines. The machine must be changed to the proper setting to ensure accurate therapy pressure. Also available is the optional ClimateLineAir™ heated hose which will instantly activate the Auto Climate Control feature when connected to the machine.
A SlimLine™ hose is included with the purchase of the AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel machine. The hose is found in the interior, zipped compartment of the travel bag. The zippered nook is located at the point where the cover meets the bottom of the travel bag at the back of the machine compartments.
Tube Brush Compatibility with ClimateLine Hoses
The CPAP Tube Brush Second Gen is not compatible with the following hoses:
- ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tube for AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines
- ClimateLineAir™ Oxy Heated Tube for AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines
While the tube brush can certainly be used to clean the ClimateLine hose models, it is not able to make the 90-degree turn at the machine connection end and will be unable to clean the entire tube. The tube brush is fully compatible with all other hoses.
The AirCurve™ 10 BiLevel machines feature AutoRamp™ technology. Unlike traditional ramp features that will slowly ramp up pressure over a set amount of time, AutoRamp™ will stay at the set starting pressure until it senses the user is asleep. The default starting pressure is 4 cm H2O. Once the user is asleep, the machine will start ramping 1 cm H2O per minute until it reaches the full prescribed pressure. AutoRamp™ will always reach the full prescribed pressure within 30 minutes, even if not asleep, the machine will start to ramp in 1 cm H2O increments every minute to reach the full prescribed pressure at the 30 minute mark. Additionally, the AirCurve™ 10 BiLevel machines can be set to a traditional ramp if needed, or turned off altogether.
Per the manufacturer, the SmartStart™ technology may not function as intended when used with a nasal pillow mask and a pressure setting of 7 cm H2O or less. If the feature does not appear to be functioning, this comfort feature can be turned off. Please refer to the User Guide for more information.
Airplane Mode Tips
Please note, the AirCurve™ Line of machines include a built-in wireless modem giving the machine data transfer capabilities over a wireless cellular network. The wireless modem will automatically connect if the machine's "Airplane Mode" is turned to "Off". For privacy concerns, CPAP.com ships the machine with Airplane Mode "On" so that sleep data information will not be transmitted unintentionally over the wireless network. If Airplane Mode is turned "Off", sleep data could be transmitted to ResMed's servers.
PLEASE NOTE: The AirView data transfer system is for use only in North America. It cannot be used to transmit data wirelessly outside of North America. The SD card that accompanies the machine can be used to store and share data.
SD Card Location
The included SD card comes installed in the machine ready to use. While looking at the machine with the display facing forward, the SD card is located under the upper flap with the white "SD" logo on the left side of the machine.
This machine comes with a 2 year manufacturer warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- If sending in machine for warranty consideration, ship only the unit that is malfunctioning, along with the power cord. Do not ship the carrying case or hose
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
Battery Power for AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine
The following information is applicable for the ResMed AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with or without the humidifier turned on. Keep in mind that using the heated humidifier will reduce the run time of a battery by approximately half.
- DC capable: Use the ResMed DC Converter 24V 90W For AirSense 10, AirStart 10, AirCurve 10 Machines to operate the AirCurve™ 10 VAuto from a DC power source (battery).
- ResMed Power Station II Battery Kit for AirSense™ 10 & AirCurve™ 10 CPAP Machines: Use this complete kit including: the lithium-ion battery, the compatible DC cable, and the PSU adapter to power a ResMed AirSense™ 10 or AirCurve™ 10 machine when AC power is not available.
- Freedom Travel Battery Pack for CPAP Machines: Use the AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machine 24V Power Converter for Freedom Travel Battery Pack to connect to the Freedom Battery. The Freedom is a lightweight lithium ion battery.
- AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machine 24V Power Converter for Freedom Travel Battery Pack: This converter is necessary for using the Freedom Travel Battery Pack for CPAP machines with ResMed AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 machines.
The DC Converter 24V 90W For AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines is required to use the following machines with DC power directly from a battery:
- AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet for Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Failure to use the ResMed DC Converter 24V 90W For AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines can damage the machines.
This battery kit includes a fast-charging lithium ion battery designed to charge 95% of the battery in less than four hours. The battery is designed to alert the user when the battery is low by sending a visual and audible alert to the charge display on the RPS II. To have double the run time, add a second RPS Battery Cell. Please Note: The Battery Coupler Kit for ResMed Power Station (RPS) II is needed to connect the batteries.
The PSU Adapter for the ResMed AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Series is included in this kit. Use the adapter to charge the battery with the External 90 Watt Power Supply for ResMed AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Series CPAP and BiPAP Machines.
The RPS II Battery Kit for AirSense 10™ and AirCurve™ 10 machines comes with a carry bag. When using the double configuration, the bag will hold an additional battery cell. An access panel designed into the bag, allows the battery to be charged or used while it is inside the travel bag.
The Freedom Travel Battery Pack is a lightweight lithium ion battery. Combined with the ResMed DC Converter 24V 90W For AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines it can be used as a great travel power companion for the AirCurve™ CPAP Machine.
150W Modified Sine Wave Inverter Compatibility: The 150W inverter combined with the Freedom Travel Battery Pack will provide an AC outlet to plug the AirCurve machine into the Freedom battery, however will provide a very low run time. It is NOT ADVISED to use this inverter to power the AirCurve machines with the Freedom battery. Use instead the 24V converter.
Deep Cycle Lead Acid Batteries
BiPAP machines can also be powered by Deep Cycle Lead Acid Batteries. Deep Cycle Batteries are also known as car batteries or boat batteries, and are typically found at auto parts stores. CPAP.com does not sell Deep Cycle Batteries.