The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: Curasa Auto CPAP Machine.
Important Note About EUT Setting on the Curasa Auto-Titrating Machine
The manufacturer selected EUT 0 (OFF) as the default setting for the Curasa APAP. Follow these steps to change the EUT setting on the Curasa Auto CPAP:
- Make sure the device is unlocked.
- A dash signifies the device is locked, while a star represents an unlocked machine.
- If the device is locked, use two fingers to simultaneously press the up and down arrow keys for approximately three seconds.
- With the device unlocked, use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the display screen.
- Stop scrolling, when MODE appears on the screen.
- Please Note: The data will appear slightly different based on the type of machine. On the APAP machine, the words: Mode, CPAP, and EUT0 show on the screen.
- When selecting to change the mode from CPAP to APAP, navigate the star symbol next to the word 'MODE'.
- Press enter by selecting the curved arrow button found on the right side of the machine. The word will begin to flash.
- After the mode has been determined, press the curved arrow to finalize the choice.
- When selecting to change the EUT setting, make sure the star symbol is next to the word EUT.
- Press the curved arrow to begin changing the pressure setting. The word will begin to flash.
- Using the up and down arrow, navigate from EUT 0 to EUT 3. EUT0 is written to show the pressure setting is OFF. The range EUT1 to EUT3 is used to represent the smallest drop in pressure at exhalation (EUT1) to the largest drop in pressure at exhalation (EUT3).
- Finalize the selection with the curved arrow button.
Tips for the OPTIONAL Humidifier
PLEASE NOTE: The heated humidifier is NOT included with the purchase of the machine. It may be included at the time of adding the machine to the cart.
Humidifier Cleaning Instructions:
- DO NOT immerse the humidifier platform (bottom) or jumper cord in water or any other fluids.
- DO NOT wash in a dishwasher.
- Turn off the device and allow the humidifier and water to come to room temperature - approximately 15 minutes.
- Disconnect the humidifier jumper cord from the machine.
- Disconnect the connector tube between the device and humidifier.
- Remove the humidifier from the side of the device by pushing up on the humidifier to slide it off the device.
- Remove the cap or top of the humidifier chamber.
- DO NOT get the BOTTOM of the humidifier and jumper cord wet with water or any other liquids.
- Clean the BOTTOM of the chamber using a damp cloth.
- The TOP or cap of the humidifier chamber may be washed in clear running water.
- Allow both the TOP and BOTTOM to air dry, out of direct sunlight.
- Empty water chamber after each use session and allow to air dry.
Disconnecting the Humidifier: Always allow the humidifier and water to cool BEFORE removing the humidifier. Unplug the jumper cord from the machine. Remove the connector tube between the device and humidifier. To remove the humidifier from the machine, push up on the humidifier so it slide off the device.
Daily Care of Humidifier: After each use, empty the water from the humidifier chamber. Allow the chamber to air dry out of direct sunlight. DO NOT immerse the humidifier bottom or base in water or any other liquids. DO NOT wash in a dishwasher.
Filter Care & Opening the Filter Cassette
- With the filter end of the machine facing you, remove the cassette from the machine by lifting the tab on the left side of the cassette.
- Once the cassette is removed from the machine hold it in front of you with the black filter facing you oriented with the long sides of the cassette parallel with your body.
- Hold the short sides of the cassette by the frame edges using both hands.
- Place the flat balls of your thumbs against the outside edges of the black filter.
- Aim the white side of the filter way from you and towards a table or bed in case the cassette back pops out with force.
- Applying even pressure with both thumbs, push with the balls of the thumbs to force the back of the cassette to pop out of the frame.
- The black foam filter should be washed weekly, allowed to dry completely and reinstalled. It should be replaced around every 6 months.
- The white fine filter cannot be washed and should be discarded and replaced monthly.
- The black foam filter goes into the cassette frame first so it will be facing the out when the cassette is reinstalled.
- The fine filter is placed in the cassette frame second so will be facing the inside of the machine when the cassette is reinstalled.
- Snap the back of the cassette into place.
- Insert the cassette into the machine with the flat side of the frame facing out and snap into place.
- The black filter should be seen when looking at the back of the machine.
Transferring On-Board Memory
Use the following steps to transfer data from the machine's on-board memory to the included SD card to be viewed using the OPTIONAL AutoManager software:
- If not already inserted, first insert the SD card into the data card slot on the back of the machine
- With the machine plugged in and on, use the up or down arrows to navigate to the menu option "DATA TO MC NO"
- With this option selected, press the enter (curved arrow) button once. The option should start to flash.
- Press the up arrow once to change the option to "YES".
- Press the enter (curved arrow) button once to save this option.
- While the machine is transferring data from the on-board memory to the SD card, it will display "WRITING....." on the screen. Do not press any buttons during this time.
- When the transfer is complete, "SUCCESS" will be displayed on the screen. Press the enter (curved arrow) button to return to the home screen.
- The data card can now be removed, and the data now on the card can be viewed using the OPTIONAL AutoManager software.
If the status shows "DATA ERR" or "ERROR" on the display during the writing process, try uninstalling the SD card and reinstalling, then try the writing process again. If the error persists, try a new SD card.
The Curasa machines do not have a setting for a slim or 15mm hose. Only a standard 22mm hose should be used.
This machine comes with a 2 year manufacturer warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.