Have a question? Call us!
Sat 8AM-5PM CST
The Fisher & Paykel SleepStyle Auto CPAP machine is designed for simplicity and intelligence, making adjustments throughout the night, helping maintain comfort, and creating the right conditions for a longer period of sleep.
The controls on the F&P SleepStyle are designed for simplicity and were intended to make it easy for anyone to use. The SleepStyle has even garnered the attention of the American Arthritis Foundation, earning an Ease of Use Commendation shortly before the product launched in 2018.
Manufactured by Fisher & Paykel.
The Fisher & Paykel SleepStyle is an auto-adjusting CPAP machine, featuring one of the smartest algorithms ever for tracking breathing and setting the right pressure on the market today. It takes regular breathing measurements and knows exactly when to change the pressure.
It also senses when increases in pressure may cause the user to wake up, and automatically adjusts for comfort, helping the user stay asleep longer.
In the Box:
- F&P SleepStyle Auto CPAP machine
- ThermoSmart™ Breathing Tube with AirSpiral Technology
- Power cord – North American Plug
- F&P InfoUSB™ (already in the device)
- Air Filter (already in the device)
- Humidifier Chamber & Seal
- F&P SleepStyle Use and Care Guide
- F&P SleepStyle Quick Reference Guide
- Spare Filter
- Spare Elbow (for use with a standard breathing tube)
- Intelligently Tracks Breathing
- Improves Breathing Comfort, Helping Users Stay Asleep
- Built-In Humidifier
- Received Ease-of-Use Commendation From the American Arthritis Foundation
- Track Your Therapy with a Convenient Mobile App
Intelligently Tracks Breathing, With a Focus on Comfort
The F&P SleepStyle tracks each breath you take, and automatically adjusts the pressure to meet changing needs throughout the night. It's designed for comfort too, taking extra steps to keep the user asleep. It automatically makes it easier to breathe, by reducing the exhalation pressure when the machine senses you might wake up from the pressure being too intense. This helps you stay asleep longer, and get a better night's rest.
While many CPAP machines either don't come with a humidifier or offers one as an add-on (for an extra cost); the F&P SleepStyle includes one at no extra charge. Conveniently located at the top of the machine, it's easily accessible, and it's in a sealed compartment, preventing damage in case of a spill. It's also dishwasher safe and can be washed in any domestic dishwasher. This should only be done weekly. Doing so daily may cause damage to the humidifier tank.
Received Ease of Use Commendation from the American Arthritis Foundation
The SleepStyle's buttons and controls were also smartly designed, intending for it to be easy for users of all skill levels. The SleepStyle's success in this area helped it receive commendation from the American Arthritis Foundation. The controls are meant to be intuitive, thoughtful, and easy for almost anyone to use.
Track Your Therapy Success with a Convenient Mobile App
At the conclusion of each night of therapy, SleepStyle will output the results of your sleep to a mobile app that can tell you precisely how you did the night before. No more waiting for a follow-up appointment to find out how your therapy is going! Get up-to-date feedback, available as soon as you wake up!
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- Carry Bag
- Power Cord
- Water Chamber
- Chamber Seal
- Outlet Seal
- F&P InfoUSB
- Use and Care Guide
- Quick Reference Guide
- Air Filter
- Spare Filter
- Spare Elbow
- Weight – F&P SleepStyle device 3.7 (lb.)
- Weight – F&P SleepStyle packed (Max) 5.9 (lb.)
- Dimensions – 5.7 (in.) H x 7.0 (in.) W x 7.2 (in.) L
- Dimensions – Carry-bag 12.5 (in.) L x 7.5 (in.) W x 7.1 (in.) H
- Sound Pressure Level - 28 + or - 1.5 (dBA)
- Water Chamber Capacity 380 mL up to the maximum water-level line
- AC Input Range 100–115 V, 1.2 A (2.5 A max.), 50 – 60 Hz, 220–240 V 1.1 A (2.3 A max.), 50 – 60 Hz
- Standby Power Consumption 5 W of power
- Typical Power Consumption 39 W @ 10 cmH2O
- Peak Power Consumption - 76 W @ 20 cmH2O
- Operating Pressure 4 – 20 cmH2O (0.5 cmH2O increments)
- Length – Power Cord - 8 (ft.)
- Length – ThermoSmart Heated Tube - 6 (ft.)
- Weight – ThermoSmart Heated Tube - 3.7 (oz.)
- Materials - ThermoSmart Heated Tube: Polypropylene, Polyolefin Elastomers, (POE)
- Materials - Chamber Seal: Silicone
- Materials - Outlet Seal: Silicone
- Materials - Water Chamber: Polypropylene Copolymer, Stainless Steel
- Materials - Elbow: Polypropylene Copolymer
- Materials – F&P SleepStyle Filter: High-performance non-woven fleece filter medium.
- Average Efficiency: 83%
- Particle size: ~ 7 micron dust Ambient Temperature (operating range) 41 °F to 95 °F (5 °C to 35 °C)
- Ambient Humidity (Operating Range) 15% to 90% Relative Humidity
- Storage and Transport Temperature 14 °F to 140 °F (-10 °C to 60 °C)
- Storage and Transport Humidity 15% – 90% Relative Humidity
- Operating Altitude: 0 to 9,000(ft.) (0 to 3,000 m)
- Outlet Air Temperature (Maximum) 100 °F (38 °C)
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Dishwasher Safe Water Chamber
The water chamber for the humidifier can be washed in any domestic dishwasher. For optimal results, please disassemble the water chamber before placing in the dishwasher. The humidifier chamber should be cleaned in the dishwasher weekly, and not daily. Daily cleaning in the dishwasher could lead to damage.
Filling the Humidifier Chamber
For best results, remove the humidifier tank from the top of the machine before filling with water, and be sure to remove the silicone seal. The max fill line is stamped with the word "max" and can be observed by looking down the water inlet holes on top of the tank. DO NOT overfill the tank. Overfilling the tank can cause spills.
Cleaning the Humidifier Chamber
The humidifier tank can be cleaned in a few different ways: you can put it in the dishwasher, or you can clean it by hand. It's important to not clean the humidifier tank in the dishwasher daily, as this can damage the product. To clean the humidifier chamber by hand, you'll need to take the following steps:
- Disassemble the humidifier and the seal.
- Wash these items in warm soapy water.
- Gently scrub away any deposits forming in the bottom of the tank. Deposits on the bottom of the humidifier tank are caused by using tap water. Using distilled water with the machine will eliminate these deposits and it will be easier to clean.
- Once finished allow to drip dry.
Starting the Machine
- Put on the mask, positioning it so it can create a seal over the nose or mouth.
- Adjust headgear straps as needed.
- Press the start button on the front of the machine, and begin to breathe. From here, the pressure will begin to adjust automatically.
Cleaning the Machine
- To clean the machine, you'll need to remove the humidifier chamber, hose, power cord, and mask, washing each item separately.
- The machine itself doesn't need much cleaning. A simple wipe down with a damp cloth will do.
- To clean the hose, run mild soap and warm water through it, and clean away any debris with a tube brush.
- Allow the hose to drip dry on a towel rack.
- Put all the pieces of the mask and machine back together. It's now ready for the next use.
Track Your Sleep With the SleepStyle Mobile App
The SleepStyle Mobile App is only available for iOS (Apple) and Android devices and must be installed on a compatible device to track therapy data. Data will automatically be transferred to your mobile device via Bluetooth after every therapy session.
Heating Plate May Feel Warm After Use
The heating plate will feel warm to the touch after use, and this behavior is perfectly normal. The humidifier in the SleepStyle uses heat to help the water evaporate so it can help prevent dry mouth and add moisture to therapy air. Naturally, this will lead to the heating plate feeling warm after every use.
DC Power Options
The SleepStyle doesn't have an input for a DC cable, meaning there's no integrated DC option for a user to power the machine from a battery. Running the SleepStyle from a battery source can only be done by connecting an inverter to a DC battery.
Using an Inverter Impacts Battery Run Times
Inverters convert DC power to AC current, allowing a user to plug into the inverter using a standard plug, and use it to power their device. Please be advised when using an inverter, both the inverter and the device will be drawing power from the battery, and this will impact battery run times.