Have a question? Call us!
Sat 8AM-5PM CST
Philips Respironic's DreamStation BiPAP® Pro Machine combines pressure relief technology with OPTIONAL humidification to increase comfort on a dual pressure machine. Bi-Flex is built into the device to soften the transition between the higher IPAP and the lower EPAP. Warm air from the humidifier and water chamber is provided to therapy air by integrating the OPTIONAL DreamStation Heated Humidifier with the machine. Therapy results can be viewed on a handheld device (not included) by connecting the machine's Bluetooth to the PR DreamMapper app.
Manufactured by Philips Respironics.
8% of BiLevel Machine product buyers choose this product.
The DreamStation BiPAP® Pro Machine from Philips Respironics monitors breathing patterns to detect early signs of an event. Advanced features such as SmartRamp and EZ-Start are incorporated into the design to adjust the user to the prescribed pressure at the on-set of therapy. Humidification is used to comfort the user by pulling moisture from the water chamber to create heated air during therapy. For results, connect the machine's Bluetooth to a personalized DreamMapper app account. DreamMapper is available on Apple products with iOS 6 or newer as well as Android products 2.2 or newer (Apple and Android products not included).
- OPTIONAL Heated Humidifier
- Bluetooth Connection to DreamMapper App
- EZ-Start Technology
- Bi-Flex Pressure Relief
- Ramp and SmartRamp
- Advanced Event Detection
- LCD On-Screen Display
- Convenience Features
- Philips Respironics Dry Box
- System One Resistance Control
- Detailed 'Setup Menu' Options
OPTIONAL Heated Humidifier
Respironics' DreamStation Heated Humidifier is a OPTIONAL addition to CPAP therapy. Integrate the machine and humidifier to help relieve dryness and congestion. With the unique 'Preheat' feature, the humidifier can begin warming the water chamber 30 minutes before the intended use. Ensure the blower is turned OFF and the humidifier is connected before selecting to preheat the device.
The DreamStation device has the flexibility to be updated while in operation. Use the control dial to change the tube temperature or humidification settings. Please Note: The screen does not have touch screen capabilities.
Bluetooth Connection to DreamMapper App
The DreamStation CPAP has a built-in bluetooth connection which allows the device to pair directly with the Philips Respironics DreamMapper mobile and web-based program. Enable the bluetooth feature and download the SleepMapper app onto a smartphone or tablet (not included) to begin reviewing detailed sleep results. The free app gives the user the opportunity to personalize the data tracking account. Please Note: The results are only available on one device at a time.
The EZ-Start feature is designed to reduce the user's prescribed pressure setting during the first 30 days of operation. The intent is to adjust the user to the pressure by beginning with half of the prescribed pressure. Please Note: A minimum pressure of 5cm H2O is required to use the EZ-Start feature.
After obtaining a successful session of 4 or more hours of sleep, EZ-Start will gradually increase the pressure by 1cm H2O. This process will continue for 30 days until the user reaches their recommended pressure. If the goal is not met before the first 30 days, EZ-Start is designed to begin increasing 1cm H2O per day until reaching the prescribed pressure. At the prescribed pressure, the machine will move into normal CPAP mode. To enable or disable EZ-Start, the machine must be in CPAP mode.
Bi-Flex Pressure Relief
Bi-Flex is a pressure relief feature used to create a more natural breathing pattern during CPAP therapy. The DreamStation BiPAP® Pro uses Flex Technology to provide relief during three points in the breathing cycle. Pressure is reduced by 0.5 increments during the transition from exhalation to inhalation, inhalation to exhalation, and during exhalation. The Bi-Flex setting can be adjusted up to 1.5 cm H2O for maximum comfort.
Ramp and SmartRamp
Ramp and SmartRamp are both designed to gradually adjust the user to CPAP therapy. Though the Ramp features are similar, there are a few differences between the two options.
- Ramp is intended to gently increase CPAP pressure from half of the prescribed pressure to the full pressure within a chosen period of time. To operate the Ramp feature, a CPAP pressure of 4cm H2O is required. Then, choose a time ranging from 5 minutes to 45 minutes to allow the machine to build the pressure in increments of 0.5cm H2O before reaching the prescribed pressure.
- In BiPAP® mode, SmartRamp uses an Auto algorithm to balance lower inhalation and exhalation pressures. The device begins the Ramp process with a reduced exhalation pressure. Changes to the pressure are made on a breath by breath basis, until an event is detected. Once the BiPAP® Pro detects an event, the machine will return to the BiPAP® mode in order to deliver the recommended EPAP and IPAP. If the minimum prescribed pressure is not reached before Ramp is complete, the pressure will increase by 1 cm H2O each minute until the device reaches the recommended pressure.
Advanced Event Detection
PR uses a patented algorithm to monitor breathing patterns implemented to respond to abnormal pressure changes. The Auto-Trak system in this machine measures variable triggers and cycle thresholds to automatically adjust the pressure and compensate for leakage. This machine is designed to act proactively by identifying aspects of the breathing cycle.
Upon detecting an event, the REMStar Auto algorithm is set to respond by automatically adjusting pressure levels to clear the apnea. Within a few seconds, the DreamStation BiPAP® Pro begins pulsing a series of pressures to determine if the apnea has been cleared.
DreamStation BiPAP® Pro responses include:
LCD On-Screen Display
PR's DreamStation Series was built with a simplistic and practical LCD screen. While the User Interface is in use, the screen is well lit. As the lights in the room are dimmed, the screen's sensor is designed expel the light from the screen. Please Note: The control dial is used to view the menu. The screen does not have touchscreen capabilities.
Sleep results are posted on the User Interface to display results and goals for sleep therapy.
- The first screen accounts for a "Three Night Summary" which is determined after 12pm on the third day of treatment. Refer to the User Interface to view the results as they update each day.
- Daily sleep compliance results are provided after the most recent session. If the user sleeps 4 or more hours, the session is considered successful, rendering a green bar on the right side of the screen. If the user does not reach the anticipated 4 hour mark, the therapy will be noted by a yellow bar in the right corner of the screen.
- The second screen is in place for the first 90 days unless the sleep goal is met before the completion of this time. The data details the number of compliant nights recorded over the previous 30 days. A minimum of 21 successful four hour nights is needed to reach the 70% desired goal in order to surpass the screen before the end of 90 days.
- Mask Fit Check: This feature will provide airflow to the mask and display if leaks are detected in the mask. As the mask is adjusted the machine's display will update to advise if a proper fit is detected.
- Auto On/Off: The DreamStation BiPAP® Auto can detect if the user has their mask on or off and will begin or stop therapy accordingly, if enabled.
- Regular Alerts/Reminders: Every 30 days the machine will show a reminder to change filters.
Philips Respironics Dry Box
Dry Box technology was created to help reduce the chance of water damage when the OPTIONAL humidifier is used with the DreamStation machine. In the instance that water may escape from the chamber, the Dry Box is designed to trap the water within the walls of the unit to prevent water from traveling throughout the machine and humidifier connection. Additionally, the air outlet port uses a one way valve to prevent water from exiting the water chamber and entering the machine. The air outlet port is located on the top of the water chamber to help minimize total water displacement.
System One Resistance Control
System One Resistance Control was developed by Respironics to help their machines reach the optimal pressure by using a numbering system which allows the CPAP device to recognize the mask. It achieves accuracy and reliability by instructing the device to compensate for the specific mask type. Please Note: PR masks are the only masks designed with a resistance control number, so this machine feature is only compatible with Philips Respironics masks.
Detailed 'Setup Menu' Options
Scroll through the User Interface using the control dial. The "My Setup" section allows the user to enable a variety of features found on the DreamStation device.
- Ramp: Choose the time in which the machine will gradually adjust the user to the prescribed pressure.
- Flex: Select between 3 flex settings intended to decrease the pressure upon exhalation.
- Humidification: Determine the humidity level by selecting a number from 0 to 5. Level 0 represents humidification that has been turned OFF, while Level 1 is the lowest form of humidity and Level 5 is the most significant level of humidity. Also, the DreamStation Humidifier can deliver different humidification modes: Fixed Humidification, Adaptive Humidification, and Heated Tube Humidification.
- Tube Type: Specify the type of CPAP hose being used with the machine. The setting will correspond directly to the diameter of the hose, whether it is 22mm or 15mm. A separate setting can be selected by those using a 15H Heated Tube.
- Modem: Use the screen to control the modem. If the modem is switched to OFF, it will automatically turn ON again after 3 days.
- Bluetooth: Enable the bluetooth option to transmit sleep data from the machine to a personalized DreamMapper account.
- Time: Use this option to change or update the display time in increments of 30 minutes from this screen. The default setting is Greenwich Mean Time.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine
- Power Supply
- Power Cord
- Carrying Case
- CPAP Hose
- SD Card
- Reusable Blue Pollen Filter - Installed
- User Manual
- Disposable Light-Blue Ultra-Fine Filter - Uninstalled
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: DreamStation BiPAP® Pro.
Please Note: DreamStation machines are not equipped with a Mask Alert feature. The machines are not designed to sound an alarm or display the words "Leak Alert" on the screen. The Mask Fit Check feature can be used to ensure the mask is sealing properly prior to beginning therapy.
Connect to Bluetooth Wireless Technology
Pair the DreamMapper mobile and web-based program with the DreamStation CPAP and BiPAP® machines for detailed sleep results. Access the data by downloading the SleepMapper app onto a smartphone or tablet (not included). Please Note: The BiPAP®'s wireless technology cannot connect to multiple devices at the same time.
The technology is most proficient when the machine and mobile device make the connection in the same room. Before pairing the devices, be sure the Bluetooth setting has been enabled and the machine is powered OFF.
Pacemaker Safety Tips
Per the manufacturer, the Health Industry Manufacturers Association recommends a 6 inch distance between a pacemaker and a wireless device. Due to the bluetooth wireless technology which has been built into the machine, it is highly suggested that those with a pacemaker maintain a minimum distance of 6 inches from their machine.
The DreamStation BiPAP® Pro is only compatible with the DreamStation Heated Humidifier.
Select one of the two modes: Fixed Humidification or Adaptive Humidification when operating the DreamStation Heated Humidifier.
- Fixed Humidification: Select a number within the range of 0 to 5 to choose the humidity level. Level 0 represents a humidifier that has been turned OFF. Level 1 disperses the least amount of humidity, while Level 5 disperses the greatest amount of humidity. In Fixed mode, the humidifier will produce one level of humidity throughout therapy.
- Adaptive Humidification: In Adaptive mode, the humidifier will monitor the environment to produce the lowest level of humidity needed to prevent condensation in the hose. Adaptive humidification can adjust as the temperature in the room changes.
Please Note: When a heated tube is added to therapy, the humidifier will automatically change to Heated Tube Humidification Mode. The temperature of the heated plate and heated hose can be changed, but the mode will remain locked in Heated Tube Humidification Mode while the hose is attached. Just as fixed humidification ranges from 0-5, the temperature of the heated tube can be adjusted by choosing a level from 0 to 5.
System One Resistance Control Settings
Please reference this link to find the resistance control setting for the different Philips Respironics masks: System One Resistance Control Settings.
Compatible AC Power Used to Operate the DreamStation
A power cord and the DreamStation 80 Watt Power Supply are included with the purchase of the DreamStation CPAP machine. Attach the power cord and the power supply before placing the 2 prong plug into the outlet. Turn the machine with the knob facing forward so the power cord connector snaps into the power inlet found on the left-hand side near the back of the machine. Caution: Avoid using an extension cord to operate the CPAP.
How Do I Clean the Machine?
Before cleaning, unplug the DreamStation device from the power cord. Do not submerge the machine in water or cleaning products. Instead, use mild soap and a slightly damp washcloth to clean the machine. Re-connect power once the device is completely dry.
The non-heated 22mm or 15mm CPAP hoses may be submerged in water and mild detergent to clear away residue. Rinse the hose entirely and allow it to air dry away from sunlight. If cleaning a heated hose, use a hose brush or damp cloth to clean the tube. The hose cannot be submerged in water.
Tips for Cleaning the Filters
It is highly recommended to clean the reusable filters at least once every two weeks. When cared for, the reusable filter is intended to last 6 months. Use the OPTIONAL ultra-fine filter in conjunction with the reusable filter to trap the smaller particles. The ultra-fine filters need to be replaced every 30 days or sooner if they become dirty. Do not wash the ultra-fine filter. Use these steps to clean the reusable filter:
- Remove the OPTIONAL ultra-fine filter if applicable.
- Pull the reusable filter from the machine to run it under warm water.
- Gently shake the filter to excrete all excess water. Let the filter air dry completely away from direct sunlight.
- If using the ultra-fine filter, ensure the good condition of both filters before placing them in the machine.
Please Note: The reusable filter is required to operate the DreamStation CPAP machine.
Tips for Installing or Replacing Filters
With the machine knob facing forward, locate the compartment on the righthand side of the machine. Lift the compartment door to access the filter assembly. If the OPTIONAL ultra-fine filter is dirty or if it has been in place for 30 days, dispose of the filter. Clean the reusable filter and place it above the OPTIONAL disposable filter before affixing the filters together. Complete the progress by moving the filter assembly back into its previous placement in the device. The compartment door will close to ensure the filters are safely stored.
The purchase of a DreamStation machine includes a carry bag. Use the bag to transport the device as a carry-on. Per the manufacturer, the carrying bag cannot guarantee the safety of the equipment when checked as luggage. If traveling with the OPTIONAL humidifier, be sure to empty the water from the water chamber. Do not travel with water in the water chamber as it can leak and cause damage to the device.
Present the text on the bottom of the device or purchase an OPTIONAL CPAP.com Medical Identification Luggage Tag for CPAP Equipment to clarify that the carry-on holds medical equipment.
When traveling to other countries, remember to switch to universal or compatible power cords and adaptors. The machine can be used during a flight as long as the unit is using AC or DC power. Do not use the OPTIONAL modem or humidifier while aboard the flight.
Supplemental Oxygen Tips
Supplemental oxygen may be used with the DreamStation machines. Please Note: When using supplemental oxygen with a CPAP machine, it is important to adhere the following guidelines:
- Do not use oxygen near an open flame.
- Make sure to power ON the device before starting the oxygen. Turn the oxygen OFF before terminating the treatment.
- Use the Philips Respironics pressure valve to prevent the chance of a fire. Place the valve in-line with the mask system to ensure the valve is located between the supplemental oxygen supply and the CPAP machine.
The DreamStation BiPAP® Pro Machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
The DreamStation 80W Power Supply is compatible with 100 - 240 V AC power. When traveling, be mindful of the World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs which may be used to offer the correct fit regardless of location.
The shielded DC cord allows a DreamStation machine to be plugged in to a cigarette-style DC outlet to be powered while away from AC power. The shielded DC cord will power the machine, humidifier, and heated tube. This DC cord is compatible with DreamStation machines only and is not compatible with any other machine.
Weighing in at only 1.7 pounds the Freedom Battery is a terrific option for travel. Add the DreamStation 12V Power Adapter for C-100 & Freedom CPAP Travel Battery Packs to connect the DreamStation BiPAP® Pro to the Freedom Battery. The Freedom battery meets UN Manual Test and Criteria requirements for travel.
The Respironics Lithium Ion Travel Battery Kit is intended for use with 50 Series, 60 Series, and DreamStation machines. Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) mode is designed to help the battery kick in automatically if AC power fails. This mode ensures power is never lost to the CPAP machine, even after power from the outlet is disconnected. When AC power is available again, the battery will be bypassed, and AC will resume powering the machine. The battery weighs 2.25 lbs and is FAA approved for use on flights. The kit includes a travel case, device cord, and 50 Series adapters used to connect the machine to the battery as well as connect the battery to the power supply for charging. This kit does not include a power supply as it is designed to operate from the machine's power supply.
The manufacturer states the Respironics battery has a run time of 14 hours with a pressure of 10cm H20 or lower, excluding a heated tube humidifier.