"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERnice unit compact very very quiet. ramp feature is great auto mode is great."
December 10, 2013
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERSo far after 2 nights it exceeds expectations. The Auto feature is awesome."
December 24, 2013
Free returns! Purchase this machine and return it within 10 days of the ship date for a refund.
Save over $100 on the Multi-Night battery and Solar Panel Charger with the purchase of a Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX. Click the Customize & Buy button below to view all battery discounts.
The Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX is the first Auto-Adjusting model in the widely popular Transcend line of machines. The Transcend Auto is one of the smallest Auto CPAP on the market today. The Transcend Auto is the same small size as the other machines in the Transcend line, and takes comfort to the next level with auto-adjusting technology.
Manufactured by Somnetics.
The Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX by Somnetics offers big features in a surprisingly minimal package. Many of the features found on bigger and heavier machines can be found in the small, lightweight Transcend Auto. This is an Auto-Adjusting machine with a pressure relief comfort feature that will change pressure on a breath by breath basis during use.Features
- Auto-Adjusting Technology
- EZEX Pressure Relief
- Small & Lightweight
- Quiet Operation
- Flexible Power Options
- Easy Maintenance Filter
- Email Capable Data Tracking
- Risk Free for 10 Days
The Transcend Auto adds auto-adjusting technology to the popular design of the Transcend line of machines. A person's pressure needs can fluctuate during sleep as a result of mask leaks, position shifts and apneas. The Transcend Auto will change the air output to only give the needed amount of pressure for each breath, making for therapy that is comfortable and effective. If desired, the machine can be set to in a single pressure mode and act as a CPAP machine.
EZEX Pressure Relief
To make therapy even more comfortable, EZEX pressure relief is featured on the Transcend Auto. EZEX pressure relief allows for the pressure to drop a set amount when breathing out, resulting in more comfortable exhalation. The EZEX feature can be set at one of four settings: 0 (No Relief), 1 (1 cm H2O of relief), 2 (2 cm H2O of relief) and 3 (3 cm H2O of relief).
Small, Lightweight & Quiet
The Transcend machines are known for their small size and light weight, and this holds true with the Transcend Auto. With the machine itself weighing less than a pound, it can easily be packed and carried during travel. The small footprint of the Transcend Auto leaves a nightstand open to other nighttime accessories such as alarm clocks or lamps that may have been sacrificed to bigger and bulkier machines that demand more space. Making its presence even more discreet while in use, the Transcend Auto comes in at a very quiet level of 26.6 dB.
Flexible Power Options
The Transcend Auto keeps travel in mind with the inclusion of a power supply which has international plug adapters for use in many countries including the United States, United Kingdom, European Union, and Australia and New Zealand. Add in the optional Transcend Multi-Night Battery and the Transcend Auto Travel CPAP is ready to provide a restful night of sleep almost anywhere.
Easy Maintenance Filter
The filter frame on the Transcend Auto can be removed with the push of a single button. Once the frame is removed, the separate filter can then be washed or changed as needed. The filter is a foam strip that should be rinsed weekly and allowed to air dry before reinserting. The filter frame of the Transcend Auto CPAP Machine is dark gray.
Email Capable Data Tracking
The Transcend Auto Travel CPAP machine with EZEX holds up to 13 months of data including:
- Minimum Therapy Pressure
- Maximum Therapy Pressure
- Starting Therapy Pressure
- AHI (Apnea Hypopnea Index)
- Leak Detection
- Total Therapy Hours
- Number of Therapy Sessions: 8 Hrs (default); 6 Hrs; 4 Hrs
- Total Hours the Blower Has Operated
To retrieve the recorded data, the Transcend Auto must be connected to a Windows based computer using the included USB cable. The data can be viewed with the included software and can even be emailed utilizing the "Email Compliance Information" in the Patient Setting screen.
Risk Free for 10 Days
If unhappy after purchasing the Transcend Auto miniCPAP™, contact CPAP.com within 10 days of the machine ship date to receive a return authorization number and free return label! Ship the machine back to us and receive a refund for the machine cost once it is received.
This Product Includes...
- Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
- 1- Filter and Base
- Universal Hose Adapter
- Standard 6' Hose
- Universal Power Supply with 4 Plug Adapters
- 3 Ft USB 2.0 Type A Male to Mini B Male Cable
- Travel Case
- Quick Start Guide
Device Weight: 0.9 lbs (426 g)
- Without Tabs or Air Outlet Port: 6.1 in x 3.5 in x 2.8 in (15.5 cm x 8.9 cm x 7.1 cm)
- With Tabs and Air Outlet Port: 6.9 in. x 3.5 in. x 3.5 in.
Travel Bag Dimensions: 10 in x 8.5 in x 4.5 in (25.4 cm x 21.6 cm x 10.8 cm)
Power Supply Adapters For Use In the Following Areas: United States; United Kingdom; European Union; Australia & New Zealand
Dimensions of Transcend Power Supply - Not Including Cord or Plug: 3.75 in x 2 in x 1.25 in
Weight of Transcend Power Supply with Plug Attached: 0.5 lbs (8.2 oz.)
Power Supply Cord Length: Approx. 6 Feet
Hose Length: 72 inches
Hose Diameter: Standard 19mm
AC Supply Input: 100 to 240 VAC, 50-60Hz
AC Supply Output: 19VDC, 2.6 Amp
European Voltage Usage: Yes, outlet adapters required
Sound Level: 26.6 dB
Pressure Range: 4-20 cm H2O (1 cm increments)
EZEX Pressure Relief Settings: Off, 1, 2, 3
Ramp: 0 to 45 min (5 minute increments)
Auto Altitude Adjustment : Up To 8000 feet
PC System Compatibility: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, 32-bit & 64-bit (Not compatible with Apple Products)
Operating Temperature: 41 - 95 degrees Fahrenheit (5 - 35 degree Celsius)
Operating Humidity: 10% to 80% relative humidity (non-condensing)
Warranty: 3 Years
Required Settings: This machine does not have required settings.
Unless otherwise noted, CPAP.com will leave the Transcend Auto at the following default settings:
- Auto Mode: On
- Pressure Range: 4 - 20 cm H2O
- EZEX: Off
- Ramp: Off
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
miniCPAP Warranty Tip
Please Note: This manufacturer provides refurbished units as warranty replacements. To provide Somnetics with feedback on this policy, please use this email or call 877-621-9626.
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX Product Notes:
- Required Hose Adapter Included: The Transcend Universal Hose Adapter is required to connect the long hose to the Transcend Auto machine. Both the hose adapter and long hose are included with the machine purchase.
- Hose Adapter Updated: In mid-2014 the manufacturer made an update to the hose adapter included with the Transcend line of machines. The updated adapter has a hard support cuff surrounding the silicone machine connection. The swivel end of the adapter connects to the long hose. The non-swivel end of the adapter connects to the hose port on the machine.
- Universal Hose Adapter May Be Attached To Hose: The Transcend Auto machine includes the Universal Hose Adapter and a 6 foot hose. The manufacturer may package the Transcend Auto with the universal hose adapter already connected to the long hose. If the adapter is inserted onto the machine, the connection may be very tight but the two pieces are NOT permanently attached. They can be separated. To remove the white adapter, leverage it against the rubber hose cuff and twist it off.
- Universal Hose Adapter Not Used with Humidifier: When using the OPTIONAL Transcend Heated Humidifier the Universal Hose Adapter is NOT used. If the Universal Hose Adapter is on the Transcend Auto, remove the hose adapter prior to inserting the machine into the humidifier cradle.
- USB Cable: The Transcend Auto IS packaged with an USB cable. The machine must be connected to a computer using the cable to change the settings using a 32-bit PC processor. A USB cable with a mini connection on one end and standard connection on the other end can be used for this purpose. CPAP.com offers this option: 3 ft. USB 2.0 Type A Male to Mini B Male Cable.
- Transcend Software System Compatibility: The software used by the Transcend miniCPAP™ is compatible with Window XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 using a 32-bit or 64-bit system. The Transcend software is not compatible with the Apple operating systems. Please Note: If using recent Windows versions, the USB drivers may require updates. It is best to contact the manufacturer of the computer for update instructions.
- Software Download: The Somnetics Software Revision C for the Transcend machines can be downloaded here: Transcend Software Revision C Download. For more details, refer to the Transcend Software User Manual.
- Oxygen Use: Though Oxygen can be connected to Transcend miniCPAP devices, the manufacturer recommends that Oxygen not be used with this machine.
- Available Therapy Pressure Range: The Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX has pressure range of 4 to 20 cm H2O . The maximum pressure it can deliver is 20 cmwp. The minimum pressure it can deliver is 4 cmwp.
- FAA Compliance Letter for Somnetics Transcend: Click Here to View.
- Adjusting or Single Pressure Settings: The Transcend Auto can be set in either an APAP or CPAP mode. When set to auto adjust it will deliver the best pressure during sleep. When set as a CPAP it will deliver a single pressure during use.
- Large Leak Response: When a large leak is detected by the Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX the machine will quickly ramp up to a high pressure and then shut off. If this occurs, please check to verify that the Transcend Universal Hose Adapter is installed correctly. The hose and pressure line ports on the machine must be fully connected to the Hose Adapter to avoid pressure loss. The pressure line port must be firmly seated into the tear drop shaped area on the adapter. If the issue is not corrected, check to be certain the mask and hose have a secure connection. Further, ensure the mask is adjusted properly to provide a good seal on the face.
- Power Supply Design: Prior to Fall of 2013, the power supply included with the Transcend line of machines was made of only two parts - the power supply and cord and did not offer the multi-country adapters. The connection to the Transcend machine is unchanged between the two design versions.
- Filter Frame Design: The Transcend Auto has an updated filter design. It allows the filter media to be replaced without replacing the entire plastic piece. The dark gray base of the Transcend Auto machine is the filter frame. Use the push button to release the filter frame from the bottom of the machine. The washable foam filter media can be changed and the plastic filter frame replaced on the machine. Earlier versions of the Transcend used an air inlet filter which had filter material permanently attached to the plastic frame that was removed with a release latch. The old style filter with release latch and permanently attached foam filter strip will NOT work with the Transcend Auto.
Filter Installation: The Filter for Transcend machines fits the filter frame in only one orientation due to the shape and curve of the filter and the frame and machine base design.
- Remove the filter frame from the bottom of the Transcend machine.
- With the machine base facing up, lay the foam side of the filter on the machine base. The curve of the filter will match the curve of the machine base.
- Line up the notch on the filter with the tab on the machine base.
- The firm backing of the filter will be against the filter frame and the foam portion of the filter will face the machine body.
- When properly installed the filter lays flat against the machine base.
- Line up the filter frame on the machine and snap back in place.
Transcend Filter Care: The manufacturer recommends washing the Transcend Filter weekly using a 5% mild liquid detergent and distilled water. Allow the filter to air dry before reinstalling. An example of a mild detergent is Tide Free & Gentle.
Notes About the OPTIONAL Transcend Heated Humidifier and Battery:
- Per the manufacturer information, the Transcend battery has an average life span of 300 charging cycles.
- The Transcend Heated Humidifier does not draw power from the Transcend machine.
- The Transcend Heated Humidifier cannot be powered by the Transcend Battery.
- The travel bag included with Transcend machines is not large enough to hold both the Transcend Heated Humidifier and the machine.
Backup Battery Configurations:
Please Note: In a situation where a power outage is expected but not certain, the battery can be used as a failover. While AC power is available the battery will not lose life cycles."
The Transcend Travel CPAP machines can be connected to the OPTIONAL Transcend Multi-Night Battery and to AC power without causing the lifespan of the battery to decrease. The battery is designed to provide AC power to the machine while it is available, and transition immediately to DC power from the battery if AC power should fail. Once AC power is restored, the battery will begin providing that power to the machine again.
To learn more about the Transcend Multi-Night Battery, visit the page here.
Sound Level Tips
Although the Transcend Auto miniCPAP has a low decibel rating of 26.6 dBA, some users report a noticeable pitch from the machine's motor, which may be a result of its reduced size. Unlike larger machines, smaller travel CPAPs have less internal room and components to absorb the sound of the motor. To help reduce the sound of the motor, consider adding the Q-Tube In-Line CPAP Muffler Kit to the device.
What Can My Transcend Travel Bag Hold?
The Travel Bag for Transcend CPAP Machines included with the machine is designed to carry the machine, hose, power cable, and some mask types. The bag can accommodate nasal pillow masks and nasal masks. A full face mask and total face mask will not fit in the bag. The optional Transcend Heated Humidifier WILL NOT fit in this bag. The larger Travel Bag for Transcend Machine and Heated Humidifier must be purchased if planning to travel with the humidifier.
The Travel Bag for Transcend Machine and Heated Humidifier is designed to carry the machine, humidifier, hose, power cable, and some mask types. The bag can accommodate nasal pillow masks, nasal masks, and full face masks. A total face mask will not fit in the bag.
CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- If sending in machine for warranty consideration, ship only the unit that is malfunctioning, along with the power cord. Do not ship the carrying case or hose
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
The Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX includes the Universal AC Power Supply with Adapter Plugs. Included with the power supply are plug adapters for use in the United States and overseas.
OPTIONAL Battery Pack
Somnetics, the manufacturer of the Transcend Auto offers the optional Transcend Multi-Night Battery to use the machine when AC power is not available. Per the manufacturer, due to the fluctuating pressure associated with an auto-titrating machine, an estimated battery run time is not available when the machine is set in auto mode. However, when used with a machine set to a single pressure setting of 10 cm h20 the battery provides power for approximately 15 hours of continuous use. Somnetics reports their testing showed little difference in battery run time with or without the EZEX feature active.
The Transcend Heated Humidifier cannot be powered by the optional Transcend battery. The machine and the heated humidifier do not share power.
PLEASE NOTE: As with all batteries of this type, it must be fully charged before the first use.
The Portable Outlet CPAP Battery will work with any CPAP machine, so you'll never have to worry about compatibility. It converts the stored DC power to convenient AC outlet power. Just plug in with your machine's power supply! The Portable Outlet can also power other electronic devices, including TVs, stereos, blenders-- anything! It also has USB charging ports for your cell phone or tablet.
Weighing in at only 1.7 pounds the Freedom Battery is a terrific option for travel. The Freedom battery meets UN Manual Test and Criteria requirements for travel.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to use the Freedom Travel Battery with this machine, the 150 W Sine Wave Inverter must be used.
Fail Over Backup Power
The optional battery allows the Transcend Auto to be set to automatically switch to battery power in the event electricity goes out. When hooked up in series with the machine and wall power, the battery will charge even when the Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX is in use.
Steps To Set Up A Fail Over System:
- Plug the Transcend's AC power supply into the wall.
- Plug the other end of the Transcend's AC power supply into the optional Transcend Battery pack.
- Plug the Battery Pack into the Transcend.
OPTIONAL Portable Solar Charger
The optional Transcend Portable Solar Charger will re-charge the Transcend Battery using the energy of the sun. The solar panel is small and lightweight. In optimal conditions with direct sun, the Multi-Night Battery will charge in approximately 12 hours.
OPTIONAL Mobile Power Adapter
The Mobile Power Adapter can be used to plug the Transcend Auto into a standard DC power supply. The mobile adapter can be used to power the Transcend Auto throughout the night without draining the vehicle's battery.
Notes Regarding the Optional Transcend Batteries:
Battery Charge Cycles:
Per the manufacturer, the Transcend batteries each have an average life span of 300 charging cycles.
Battery Charge Times: The manufacturer provides the following information regarding charge time from a dead charge to full,
- Using AC Power: Approximately 8 Hours;
- Using the in FULL SUN Transcend Solar Charger - Approximately 12 Hours
Battery Run Times:
The manufacturer provides the following information regarding the run time for the batteries starting with a full charge when using a pressure of 14 cmwp. The manufacturer notes the run times are dependent on altitude, temperature, leak rate and breathing pattern of the user. Higher pressure settings will decrease battery run time.
Multinight Transcend Battery: Approximately 14 - 16 Hours at 12 cmwp