IntelliPAP CPAP to PC Firmware Upgrade Serial Cable
IntelliPAP users must have a serial port available for the firmware upgrade to work. The DeVilbiss firmware and software only supports a serial connection and USB-to-USB or other connections will not work.
The USB male to Serial male (9-pin) DB-9 RS-232 adapter and Firmware Serial Cable allow users to update their IntelliPAP Standard or AutoAdjust CPAP machines without the need of a built in Serial Port. If you do not have a serial port available, then you will need to purchase IntelliPAP Firmware Upgrade Cable with USB-to-Serial PC Adapter
This Product Includes...
RS232C compatible, 57600 baud
Compatible Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 95
- Microsoft Windows 98
- Microsoft Windows 98SE
- Microsoft Windows Me
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 SP4 or later
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP (Home or Professional)
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 or later
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
DeVilbiss offers free firmware upgrades for the IntelliPAP Series of CPAP machines. For example, The AutoAdjust update allows existing owners to add SmartCode and SmartFlex technologies. You can check for the most recent firmware update here: Model DV5 Series Firmware Updates.
Once you have downloaded the firmware software, use the IntelliPAP CPAP to PC Firmware Upgrade Serial Cable to upload your DeVilbiss firmware to the machine from your computer. The cable connects to the back of the CPAP and to any PC serial port on your computer.
IntelliPAP users must have a PC serial port available for the firmware upgrade to work. The DeVilbiss software only supports a serial connection; USB-to-USB or other connections will not work. If your computer does not come with a serial port, CPAP.com provides a USB male to Serial male (9-pin) DB-9 RS-232 adapter that allows users to update their IntelliPAP CPAP machines through your computer's USB port. If you do not have a serial port available, then you will need to buy both cords together: IntelliPAP Firmware Upgrade Cable with USB-to-Serial PC Adapter.
Here are some basic instructions on how to install a firmware update once you have downloaded the software to your PC:
1. If a DV5M SmartLink Module is attached to the CPAP, be sure to remove before continuing.
2. Connect the CPAP to a free serial port with cable DV51D-615 and apply AC power to the CPAP device.
3. Close your web browser and all other open applications.
4. Run the DV5xFirmware.exe application Note: No files will be permanently installed on your computer.
5. The software will automatically search the computer serial ports for a supported CPAP device. If found, the "Connected CPAP Details" section will show information about the attached device.
6. Click the "Start" button to begin the firmware update. The progress bar and status messages will be updated as the firmware update proceeds. Wait for the update to complete before using your computer. Do not run any other applications during the update.
7. When finished, the software shows the results on the screen (OK or Fail). If the update was successfully completed, you can close the program by clicking the "Exit" button. If the update fails press "Start" to try again.
The SmartCode feature has been upgraded to support 11 characters to generate user reports. If your serial number is less than the affiliated number below, you will need to update your system.
DV54 series less than Serial Num HD005578.
DV51 series less than Serial Num ID006824.
Up grade cable worked ok and I could easily updated my Devilebliss auto adjust firmware for the net
I love my DeVillbis CPAP and want to know all there is to know about it. I used the more...
Great product! Extremely "FAST" shipping. highly recommend!
1 person found this helpful.
This rather rare serial/DIN cable seemed to be of good quality and performed correctly for the couple of minutes needed more...
3 people found this helpful.
I was amazed how easy it was to upgrade the firmware on my Devilbiss Cpap machine. In seconds it more...
2 people found this helpful.