IntelliPAP Standard Plus CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Check out the newer model hereIntelliPAP Standard CPAP Machine
Save $23.99 on the Hybernite Rainout System when purchased with the IntelliPAP device. Select "Customize & Buy" to view the discounts.
The IntelliPAP Standard Plus delivers advanced comfort and reporting to the DeVilbiss platform. This unit is backed by a 5 year industry-leading warranty along with a history of reliability and versatility. The IntelliPAP comes equipped for use during travel or at home. Now with SmartFlex, the Standard Plus provides exhalation relief along with smooth, transitioning pressure when needed.
This product is no longer available. The closest equivalent product to this machine is the IntelliPAP Standard CPAP Machine The IntelliPAP Standard is a single-pressure device that features ramp, automatic altitude pressure adjustments, and auto on/off— just start breathing.
If you're looking for an auto-adjusting machine, consider trying the IntelliPAP AutoAdjust CPAP Machine, which has many of the same features of the IntelliPAP Standard but is able to automatically adjust pressures based on measurements from your breathing.
The IntelliPAP Standard Plus CPAP System brings SmartFlex technology and advanced therapy reporting to the DeVilbiss platform of therapy machines. Packed with features, the Standard Plus model comes with automatic altitude adjustment up to 9,000 feet and an automatic on/off mode that starts the CPAP once you breath into the mask and stops when not in use. Along with an industry leading, 5 Year Warranty, the IntelliPAP's design is easy to use, whisper quiet (26 dBA) and its compact shape is great for travel or home use.
DeVilbiss jumps into the enhanced comfort market with the introduction of SmartFlex. This unique exhalation relief function provides three levels of customizable pressure reduction and six rounding options to tailor the transition between inhalation to exhalation. Like many existing pressure reduction technologies, SmartFlex lowers exhalation pressure by 1cmH20 per level (up to 3 cmH20), allowing users to breathe easier against their therapy pressure. What sets the IntelliPAP apart is its transitional rounding feature that prevents the user from experiencing adverse IPAP/EPAP pressure changes. When pressure drops during exhalation, the increase back to the prescribed therapy setting can disrupt the sleep cycle. In similar technologies, users may find themselves struggling against the transition and lose the benefits of exhalation relief. Now, SmartFlex's rounding function makes pressure comfort technology virtually seamless.
DeVilbiss has provided a chart that compares the IntelliPAP SmartFlex technology to both ResMed's EPR and Respironics pressure relief technology: Exhalation Relief Competitive Comparison Chart
Advanced Therapy Tracking
Sleep data is essential feedback for therapy compliance, but many basic CPAP machines lack detailed reporting capabilities. The IntelliPAP Standard Plus records advanced data such as apnea/hypopneas, non-response, snoring and exhale puff event detection. Use SmartCode or the optional SmartLink Therapy Management software to download your sleep data to view the IntelliPAP's expanded reporting capabilities. Alternatively, use the Quick View feature on the machine and preview data (Days on Therapy, AHI, High Leak and Average Daily Usage hours) all from the on-board LCD display. Quick View readings are also available through the SmartCode online reporting.
SmartCode is a simple and easy way to review your sleep performance without the need to purchase software. Starting the day after your first treatment, the IntelliPAP machine begins to display SmartCode messages on your machine's screen. Each message is a unique encrypted code containing the results of your sleep therapy. The IntelliPAP quickly confirms compliance using the Adherence Score. Doctors use the Adherence percentage score to determine whether a user is in compliance with CPAP LCD (Local Coverage Determination). SmartCodes report Adherence based on the best consecutive thirty days of usage. Codes can be generated for the following calendar schedule:
- 1 Day
- 7 Days
- 30 Days
- 90 Days
For more information on SmartCode and a list of sample codes to see how it works, visit our newsletter: Introducing SmartCode.
Optional Integrated Heated Humidifier
Built for durability, the unit is water resistant, has a stainless steel heat transfer plate and a water chamber constructed of Lexan (polycarbonate resin thermoplastic). Use the optional heated humidifier to provide additional comfort and humidity for your sleep therapy. Powering the unit is achieved through docking with the CPAP, eliminating the need for bulky power adapters or extra hoses. The exclusive humidifier chamber is easy to remove and designed to maximize humidity with a larger surface area. DeVilbiss designed the chamber to hold enough water for a full night's sleep and along with the unique baffle design, the water chamber allows the airflow to collect more humidity. Even at the humidifier's highest setting, you can still expect a full 8 hours of humidification.
Battery Backup Option
The IntelliPAP machines use a separate connection for AC and DC power, allowing for the machine to be set up in a battery backup configuration. The included AC power cord can be plugged into an AC power source such as a wall outlet, and the optional IntelliPAP 12 Volt DC Power Cord can be plugged into a DC power source such as a battery. The IntelliPAP will use the AC power source by default, and if that source should fail, the machine will automatically convert to the DC power source, without any interruption in therapy. If the AC power source becomes available again, the machine will revert back. Please note that if using the heated humidifier, it will not function from DC power.
This Product Includes...
- IntelliPAP CPAP Machine
- Carrying Case
- 6 Foot Hose
- 8 Foot Power Cord
- Reusable Foam Filter
- Disposable Fine Filter
- Patient Manual
Pressure Range 3-20 cm H20 (.5 increments)
Ramp Time 0-45 mins in 5 min increments and .5 increments for pressure
Ramp Pressure From 4cm up to CPAP pressure, CPAP-user-adjustable
Dimensions - Machine Alone (Without Humidifier) 4.2" H x 6.5" W x 6.9" D
Dimensions - Machine with Humidifier Attached 6.4" H x 6.5" W x 8.4" D
Dimensions - Travel Bag with Extension Closed: 9" H x 9.5" W x 6.75" D
Dimensions - Travel Bag with Extension Open: 9" H x 12" W x 6.75" D
Weight 2.8 lbs (CPAP Alone); 4.45 lbs (CPAP with Humidifier)
On-Board Memory Therapy Data - 90 Days; Usage Data - 3 Years
SD Card File Format Requirement: FAT16 (SDHC FAT32 is Not Compatible)
Altitude Compensation Automatic - maximum height 9,000 feet.
Electrical Requirements 100 - 240 AC, 12volt DC
European Voltage Usage Yes, outlet adapters required
Required Settings: 1 Pressure Setting is Required
Unless directed otherwise, CPAP.com will leave this machine at the default settings of:
- SmartFlex: On/Full Time
- Auto-Off: Off
- Auto-On: Off
- Ramp: On
- Ramp Time: 20 mins
- Ramp Pressure: 4cm
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
DeVilbiss offers free firmware upgrades for the IntelliPAP Series of CPAP machines. For example, The AutoAdjust update allows existing owners to add SmartCode and SmartFlex technologies. You can check for the most recent firmware update here: Model DV5 Series Firmware Updates.
Once you have downloaded the firmware software, use the IntelliPAP CPAP to PC Firmware Upgrade Serial Cable to upload your DeVilbiss firmware to the machine from your computer. The cable connects to the back of the CPAP and to any PC serial port on your computer.
IntelliPAP users must have a PC serial port available for the firmware upgrade to work. The DeVilbiss software only supports a serial connection; USB-to-USB or other connections will not work. If your computer does not come with a serial port, CPAP.com provides a USB male to Serial male (9-pin) DB-9 RS-232 adapter that allows users to update their IntelliPAP CPAP machines through your computer's USB port. If you do not have a serial port available, then you will need to buy both cords together: IntelliPAP Firmware Upgrade Cable with USB-to-Serial PC Adapter.
Here are some basic instructions on how to install a firmware update once you have downloaded the software to your PC:
1. If a DV5M SmartLink Module is attached to the CPAP, be sure to remove before continuing.
2. Connect the CPAP to a free serial port with cable DV51D-615 and apply AC power to the CPAP device.
3. Close your web browser and all other open applications.
4. Run the DV5xFirmware.exe application Note: No files will be permanently installed on your computer.
5. The software will automatically search the computer serial ports for a supported CPAP device. If found, the "Connected CPAP Details" section will show information about the attached device.
6. Click the "Start" button to begin the firmware update. The progress bar and status messages will be updated as the firmware update proceeds. Wait for the update to complete before using your computer. Do not run any other applications during the update.
7. When finished, the software shows the results on the screen (OK or Fail). If the update was successfully completed, you can close the program by clicking the "Exit" button. If the update fails press "Start" to try again.
On-Board Memory and SD Card Requirements
The IntelliPAP Standard Plus can store up to 90 days of therapy data and up to 3 years of usage data. If an SD memory card is used to retrieve data from the machine it must be a file format of FAT16. CPAP.com offers this card: SD Memory Card for IntelliPAP Machines as an option. SD cards with other formats, such as an SDHC card formatted for FAT32, will not work with the IntelliPAP machine.
A bacteria filter will not install directly to the air outlet port on the IntelliPAP Heated Humidifier. The filter is too bulky and there is not enough space. IntelliPAP humidifier owners can order the FlexiTube Angle Adapter for CPAP and BiPAP Machines to provide a spacer between the humidifier and the bacteria filter. Your CPAP hose can then fit onto the other end of the bacteria filter.
5 Year Manufacturer IntelliPAP Machine Warranty
DeVilbiss offers an industry leading 5 (five) year manufacturer warranty on IntelliPAP machine orders placed on or after 2/15/2012.
- If the order date for an IntelliPAP machine is 2/15/2012 or later it carries a 5 year manufacturer warranty.
- If the order date for an IntelliPAP machine is 2/14/2012 or earlier it carries a 3 year manufacturer warranty.
3 Year Manufacturer IntelliPAP Humidifier Warranty
DeVilbiss offers a 3 (three) year manufacturer warranty on IntelliPAP Humidifier orders placed on or before 2/14/2012.
- If the order date for an IntelliPAP Humidifier is 2/15/2012 or later it carries a 5 year manufacturer warranty.
- If the order date for an IntelliPAP Humidifier is 2/14/2012 or earlier it carries a 3 year manufacturer warranty.
The following is a listing of IntelliPAP error codes and their meanings:
|E01||Read Setting Error. Stored prescription settings are corrupted. Unit is in fail-safe state (blower off) when this error displays. See Troubleshooting and Service Instructions to correct fault, or return unit for repair.|
|E03||Motor Error. Unit attempts to drive the motor, but the blower is not spinning (zero motor speed). See Troubleshooting and Service Instructions to correct fault, or return unit for repair.|
|E04||Locked Rotor Error. Average motor speed is low, while the motor current is high, for several seconds. See Troubleshooting and Service Instructions to correct fault, or return unit for repair.|
|E06||Motor Runaway Error. Motor speed is high and the pressure and total flow are low (close to zero) for a fixed period of time. See Troubleshooting and Service Instructions to correct fault, or return unit for repair.|
|E07||Motor Fault Error. The motor control chip fault output goes active low for a fixed period of time. See Troubleshooting and Service Instructions to correct fault, or return unit for repair.|
|EA0||Internal DataFlash Memory Failure. Internal DataFlash memory not recognized or not working. Unit must be returned for service. Critical error that will show up on the PAP LCD display. PAP Still functional.|
|EA1||Master Time Stamp Not Advancing. Real time clock not initialized or has failed. Unit must be returned for service. Critical error that will show up on the PAP LCD display. CPAP Still functional.|
CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
The DeVilbiss IntelliPAP system operates automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on that power.
The user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver. World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
The IntelliPAP Series come equipped with a DC plug on the back of the unit. This allows the user to connect the CPAP to an external DC battery source. The IntelliPAP can be powered by plugging the 12volt DC Power Cord into a cigarette lighter plug. This is ideal for traveling by car, boat, or recreational vehicle that is equipped with a cigarette lighter plug.
Important Note: If using the heated humidifier with the IntelliPAP series, the units cannot be operated from DC power. A modified sine wave inverter of at least 120VAC is necessary to power both the machine and humidifier from a DC power source. CPAP.com carries two inverters that would be compatible:
Battery Backup Option
Because the IntelliPAP machines use a separate connection for AC and DC power, they can be set up in a battery backup configuration. The AC power cord is plugged AC power source such as a wall outlet, and the optional IntelliPAP 12 Volt DC Power Cord is plugged into a DC power source such as a battery. The IntelliPAP will use the AC power source when available, otherwise will convert to the DC power source, without any interruption in therapy. If the AC power source becomes available again, the machine will revert back. Please note that if using the heated humidifier, it will not function from DC power.
Weighing in at only 1.7 pounds the Freedom Battery is a terrific option for travel. Plus, the Freedom with a DC cable and connector peg suitable for use with the IntelliPAP Standard Plus so no need to purchase a separate DC cable. This lithium ion battery meets UN Manual Test and Criteria requirements for travel.
PLEASE NOTE: The IntelliPAP Standard Plus connects to the Freedom Battery using Tip "J". Tip "J" is included with the Freedom Battery.
A CPAP machine provides air at a constant prescribed pressure. The air is delivered to the person through a tube and a CPAP mask. CPAP therapy provides a constant airflow which keeps the airway open so uninterrupted breathing is maintained during sleep. The air stream eliminates Sleep Apnea events and allows the person to get a restful sleep.
The level of air pressure required to maintain your airway is determined during your sleep study. Your doctor will write a prescription for a CPAP machine set at that pressure.
CPAP therapy is delivered through a nasal mask that seals around the nose, nasal pillows which seal at the nasal opening, or nasal prong masks that seal inside the nares. Full face masks are available for a person who breathes through both the nose and mouth. Many innovative and comfortable options are available and advances in the delivery of CPAP therapy are continually occurring.
For instance: Some machines offer a comfort feature such as FLEX or EPR technology. It provides exhalation relief, a slight drop in pressure at the time of exhalation to help make therapy more natural. APAP, BiPAP and BiLevel machines offer various levels of pressure throughout the night.
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available machines, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click on the question mark for a definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Travel CPAP Comparison Chart
APAP Comparison Chart
BiPAP Comparison Chart
- Browse Our Machine Product Categories. These categories show each machine our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in house opinion of the quality of the machine based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
CPAP Machine Category
APAP (Auto Adjusting) Machine Category
BiPAP (Two Pressure) Machine Category
To see the list of what specifically comes with each machine, you can Browse for a machine. Then on the product page, click the "Specs" tab to see a full list of what comes with the machine.
Here are some other suggested actions to care for your machine:
- Keep the area around your machine clean by removing any dust from the area to improve the air quality delivered to your machine and to you.
- Keep the air intake of the machine unblocked. Curtains, bedding, and papers can easily block the air intake of your machine, reducing the airflow.
- If a humidifier is used with your therapy, do not pick up the machine with the humidifier attached. With most machines it is easy to spill water from the humidifier chamber into the machine causing damage. Manufacturer warranties are voided by water damage to the machine. To avoid this, remove the chamber from the humidifier and then remove the humidifier from the machine rather than transporting them together.
- If a humidifier is used, empty the water from the chamber every morning. Accidents happen. If a family pet or family member moves the machine and humidifier with water in the chamber it is more likely that water could be spilled into your machine. Water damage to a machine voids the manufacturer warranty.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to email@example.com
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
Cleaning and changing filters is the only maintenance required for a CPAP machine.
The filters are located at the back of the machine at the air intake.
- CPAP machines which record full data (such as AHI and leak info): AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation Pro CPAP Machine
- ICON Premo CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart
- IntelliPAP Standard Plus CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- Luna CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend II Travel CPAP Machine
- Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
AutoPAP ("Autotitrating CPAP" or "APAP") machines which record full data:
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet For Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- Curasa Auto CPAP Machine with EUT
- DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine
- iCH Auto CPAP Machine with PVA and Built-In Heated Humidifier
- ICON Auto CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and SensAwake
- IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine
- Luna Auto CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ Auto CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™ Heated Humidifier for Her
- Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
- XT Auto CPAP Machine
- Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
BiLevel ("BiPAP") machines which record full data:
- AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine
- DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine
- IntelliPAP AutoBiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- IntelliPAP BiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart BPAP 25A Auto Bi-Level Machine with RESlex and Heated Humidifier
- S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine
- S9 VPAP™ S BiLevel Machine
The following are the different types of exhalation relief names by manufacturer.
- Philips Respironics = C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex and Bi-Flex
- Resmed = EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief)
- 3B Medical = RESlex
- Apex Medical = PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) Pressure Relief
- Curative Medical = EUT (Expiratory Unloading Technology)
- DeVilbiss = SmartFlex
- Fisher & Paykel = SensAwake Technology
- Human Design Medical = Z-Breathe
- Somnetics = EZEX
Here are some machines with an exhalation relief feature:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
To prepare for your international travel, be sure to:
- Check the voltage of your destination. You may need a plug adapter for your machine.
- It is recommended to pack spare parts for your equipment.
- Review the general Travel Tips found in this section.
- It may be necessary to bring a travel-sized surge protector with you when you travel. Some countries have issues with power surges that can damage your machine. It's hard to say which country has power surges and which ones don't, so it's helpful to be prepared and bring a surge protector.
- While CPAP.com can ship internationally, we cannot guarantee any delivery date, and you may not want to incur the additional costs of having a replacement sent to your hotel.
All the models CPAP.com sell contain power converters that enable the machine to operate on any AC current from 100 to 240 volts without any adjustment.
Inverters do require a lot of power. If you need to use an inverter to run your machine on battery power, the inverter will probably take about half the life off the battery.
To determine if your CPAP will operate without an inverter, look for a DC outlet on the machine, either at the back or on the side, with a single opening directly in the center. It should be labeled "DC POWER" or similar term. You can also review our Compare Charts to see if your machine has a optional DC cable option.
Here is a video describing different DC cable and battery options for various machines:
All machines can connect to DC power. Some machines are configured to operate on DC Power and have a DC power outlet. Other machines require AC power and will need an Inverter that turns DC power to AC power.
Having the proper equipment is the biggest key to successfully operating the machine from a battery. For example, if your machine does have a DC outlet and you want to run your machine from a marine battery, be sure to get the correct DC cable for the machine, as well as an adapter cable with alligator clips that fits over the cigarette lighter plug.
CPAP.com sells complete battery kits with everything you need for many machines including the correct cables for those machines and batteries. If you have questions about the specific power needs of your machine, review the 'Power' tab found on the machine's product page, or give us a call at 1-800-356-5221.
There are small, portable battery packs that will operate a CPAP set at 10cm for at least one night, or about eight hours. CPAP.com sells full Battery Kits that come with everything needed to run your machine off battery power including the correct cables needed for your machine and a battery. You can find the battery kit for your machine Here. On each battery kit page, you can input your machine and pressure setting to see an estimate battery life for your machine.
Some machines have batteries created to be used specifically with them only. Here are some of the machines we carry with integrated or specialized battery options:
Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
You can use your CPAP on board, just use batteries or make sure you're seated by a power outlet. You can call or reserve one of these seats online with most airlines.
Be sure to bring spare parts and a back up mask. If you're in a bind, CPAP.com delivers all over the US and to most international destinations.
Usage Threshold: Determines the minimum amount of time that the patient must use the device, in order to be logged as compliant. Device settings allow for 4 or 5 hours, with 4 hours being the default setting. This setting can be changed in the device clinical set-up menu.
Adherence Score: Shows the maximum adherence achieved for any period of thirty consecutive days of use within a ninety-day time frame. The score represents the percentage of days, within thirty consecutive days, when usage met or exceeded the 'Usage Threshold.' The Adherence Score reports the 'best' consecutive thirty days of usage. For example, if the 'best' 30 out of the last 90 days show 22 days used above the usage threshold and 8 days below the threshold, then the Adherence Score would show 73% (22/30). For this calculation, the usage must be continuous hours and longer than the Usage Threshold.
Days at Least X Hours: Shows the number of days in the timeframe where the total usage within each day is at least X hours. "X" represents the 'Usage Threshold' setting in the patient's device. For this calculation, all usage within a 24-hour period is recorded.
% Days at Least X Hours: Shows the percentage of days in the timeframe when the total usage within each day is at least X hours. The "X" represents the 'Usage Threshold' setting in the patient's device. For this calculation, all usage within a 24-hour period is recorded.
Day Count: Shows a count of days for each timeframe. If, for example, the 90-day code is collected at day 45 of therapy, then the "Day Count" for this code will be 45 days. In most cases, however, the day count is equal to the days in the code's timeframe(s).
While Breathing Hours: While breathing hours are only available within the last-day timeframe and with the cumulative code. This measurement shows the total hours of use.
95th Percentile Pressure: AutoAdjust pressure was at or below this pressure 95-percent of the time it was in use.
90th Percentile Pressure: AutoAdjust pressure was at or below this pressure 90-percent of the time it was in use.
AHI: Apnea/Hypopnea Index (AHI) represents the average number of apneas and hypopneas per hour for the timeframe.
Pressure Plateau Time: Represents the percentage of time the AutoAdjust spent at the upper pressure setting. A value of 10% or more indicates a possible need to raise the upper pressure setting to allow higher pressures.
High Leak Flow Time: Shows the percentage of time when a leak was above 95 liters per minute. A value of 10% or more indicates that the mask fit should be checked.
NRI: Non-Responding Event Index (NRI) represents the average number of non-responding events per hour. A non-responding event is a respiratory event that is detected but by design does not result in a pressure change during AutoAdjust therapy.
EPI: The Exhale Puff Index (EPI) is the number of exhale puff events detected per hour. Exhale puffing is caused by inhaling through the CPAP system and exhaling through the mouth.
Love this machine. Been using it now for about 6 months, turns on and off automatically, water chamber is more...
I've been using a CPAP for ~ 22+ years, My second CPAP machine was an Inteli PAP, which lasted for more...
1 person found this helpful.
I've only had the IntelliPAP for about week, but so far it's been great. It replaced an old REMstar Plus more...
2 people found this helpful.
this is my 2nd one very happy with it
1 person found this helpful.
I have been a CPAP user for over 10 years - this machine is amazing , love it and highly more...
3 people found this helpful.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturerDeVilbissResMedResMedTypeCPAPCPAPCPAPWarranty5 Years2 Years2 YearsSound Level26 dB26.6 dBA26.6 dBAQuietYesYesYesManuals IncludedPatient/ClinicianPatientPatient/Quick Setup
DimensionsTravel SizedNoYesYesUnder 3 lbsYesYesYesMachine Weight2.7 lbs2.75 lbs2.75Entire Weight6 lbs5.1 lbs5.1 lbsEntire Size6.5" x 8.4" x 6.4"10.04"x4.75"x5.91"10.04"x4.75"x5.91"Entire Package Size7.25" x 11.25" x 9.513.24"x10"x5"13.24"x10"x5"Machine Size Only4.2" x 6.5" x 6.9"NANA
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierIntelliPAP HeatedHumidAirHumidAirBuilt-In HumidifierNoYesYesHeated Humidifier TypeIntegratedBuilt InBuilt InAmbient Rainout ReductionNoNoAutoClimateControlIntegrated Heated HoseNoNoClimateLineAireHumidifier Water Capacity400 mL380 mL380mL
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentNoNoNoPressure Range3-20cm H204-20cm H2O4-20cm H2OEPAP Pressure RangeNANANAEasy BreathingSmartFlexEPREPR with Easy-BreatheRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeYesYesYesLeak CompensationYesYesYesMax Operating Altitude9,000 ft8,500 ft8,500 ft
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationYesYesYesVoltage Range100–240V AC100-240V100-240VOptional DC CableYesYesYesIntegrated BatteryNoNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataSCNoNoData CardYesYesYesOptional SoftwareSmartLinkNoResScan
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentAutoYesAutoAuto ON/OFFYesNoYesMask Off AlertLCDNoNoSpontaneousNoNoNoTimedNoNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesYesYesBacklight Shuts OffYesYesYes