Reusable Filter Cleaning Tips
- Separate the disposable filter from the reusable filter before cleaning. Please note, the foam on the filter is not meant to be separated from the purple plastic.
- Place the filter upside down under running water to allow the water to clear away any dirt or debris.
- When the filter has been completely rinsed, gently shake it out, clearing away any remaining debris.
- Set the filter aside and allow it to airdry out of sunlight.
- When completely dry, place the filter back into the DreamStation machine.
Please Note: You should wash the reusable filter biweekly or sooner if it appears dirty. After six months, the filter needs to be replaced to ensure optimal operation.
Disposable Filter Usability Tips
- You can't wash the disposable filter. You should replace the filter every 30 days or sooner if needed.
- You'll be alerted by the DreamStation when it is time to replace the disposable filter.
Water Chamber Usability Tips
- Do not fill the water chamber past the maximum fill line.
- Remove the water chamber from the humidifier before filling it with water.
- Only use room-temperature distilled water and avoid using tap water.
- The water chamber is designed to be hand washed daily with mild soap and warm water.
- The chamber may be washed in a dishwasher once per week on the top shelf only.
- Disassemble the water chamber from the humidifier before traveling.
- Do not use the humidifier without the water chamber. If the tank is not being used, the humidifier must be set to off.
Please Note: If you recently used the humidifier, the heater plate will remain warm for roughly 15 minutes. Before removing the water chamber, wait for the heater plate to cool.
Water Chamber Travel Tips
- When the humidifier chamber is filled with water, it's important that you don't move the chamber.
- When preparing for travel, always empty and remove the tank from the humidifier and extract all the water. After you've emptied the tank, place the water chamber aside to dry away from direct sunlight.
- When all the equipment is dry, place the device in your carry-on bag to help protect the machine.
- The manufacturer does not recommend traveling with your DreamStation as checked luggage as your suitcase cannot protect and guarantee the safety of the equipment.
Heated Hose Tips
- The heated hose connects to the DreamStation Humidifier.
- When connected to the humidifier, you can adjust the tube heating setting from zero to five. With zero being off and five being the highest heat setting.
- When connected to the heated tubing, the DreamStation will automatically update and change the tube setting to 15mm.
Heated Hose Cleaning Tips
- First, disconnect the tubing from the mask and humidifier.
- Second, wash the tubing with warm water and mild soap.
- Third, rinse the tubing completely to ensure all soap residue is washed away.
- Fourth, allow the hose to completely air dry before reconnecting to the machine or humidifier.