ICON Premo CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart Heated Hose
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Check out the newer model hereAirStart™ 10 CPAP with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
ICON Premo CPAP Machine Overview
The ICON Premo CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart Heated Hose from Fisher and Paykel has taken several features from their SleepStyle line of CPAP machines and combined those and more to enhance patient comfort and provide a personalized therapy system. The ICON Premo incorporates ThermoSmart technology and advanced reporting into a streamlined body. The ICON is ideal for home or travel and comes with an alarm clock and music playing ability.
This product is no longer available. We suggest looking at the AirStart 10 CPAP with Heated Humidifier as a possible alternative. The AirStart 10 CPAP is a fixed-pressure device with a built-in heated humidifier that keeps therapy air warm and moist, preventing you from drying out. Looking for an auto-adjusting device? Consider the F&P SleepStyle Auto CPAP Machine, which also includes a heated humidifier and is able to automatically select the appropriate pressure setting by studying your breathing.
The ICON Premo CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart Heated Hose comes with a built-in heated humidifier and ThermoSmart Technology. The ICON Premo elevates the standard CPAP platform and includes a ThermoSmart Heated Hose to deliver condensation-free humidification at the touch of a button.
- Humidification with ThermoSmart Heated Hose
- Efficacy Reporting (AHI and Leak)
- Auto Altitude Adjustment
- Leak Compensation
- Advanced Software Reporting
Humidification with ThermoSmart Heated Hose
Under normal circumstances the air you breathe is naturally heated as it travels through your nasal passages. CPAP therapy works against this natural humidification. CPAP airflow drys the nasal passages and can lead to congestion and mouth breathing. Typical heated CPAP humidification helps re-saturate therapy air, but effectiveness is restricted by ambient temperatures. As the room cools, most humidifiers cannot keep relative humidity levels at the mask, usually resulting in condensation forming in the CPAP hose. ThermoSmart Technology delivers custom levels of high humidity that are maintained throughout the night, regardless of ambient temperature. The ICON uses sensors that track ambient room temperature to reduce condensation.
To maximize the ICON's capabilities, Fisher and Paykel includes a heated breathing tube that works in conjunction with ThermoSmart Technology. This heated CPAP hose contains copper coils embedded in tubing and is 76.5 inches in length. These coils conduct heat and can provide a constant temperature throughout the hose. The included ThermoSmart breathing tube virtually eliminates rain-out and condensation in a CPAP hose.
As an added benefit, ThermoSmart can also help lower overall therapy pressures. As higher levels of humidity start to relieve swelling within your nasal passages, resistance to therapy pressures can decrease and lower levels of therapy may become effective.
SmartDial, Alarm Clock, and AlarmTunes
The compact design and clock functionality makes the Fisher and Paykel ICON an ideal substitute for the bedside night stand. The ICON incorporates a single SmartDial that uses a "Press-Turn-Press" principle. Turn the dial to access efficacy data from the display or set the built-in alarm clock and music playing ability with the AlarmTunes function. Use the SmartStick Studio software to upload your songs and have the ICON's alarm start your morning with music!
InfoSmart and SmartStick
Track your therapy effectiveness with the optional InfoSmart and the SmartStick. The software offers detailed reporting including data regarding compliance, AHI, leak and pressure readings. SmartStick Technology is a unique memory card that connects directly to a USB drive, without a separate card reader. The SmartStick is used to easily transfer data from your CPAP to Fisher and Paykel InfoSmart Software.
Ramp is a comfort feature which gives the user time to fall asleep. It starts the air flow at a pressure lower than the machine pressure setting. Activate the Icon Premo ramp by pushing in and holding the SmartDial button for 3 seconds when the machine is blowing air. The length of the ramp is 20 minutes. The ramp pressure will start at 4 cmwp or 1/3 of the prescribed pressure, whichever one is greater. PLEASE NOTE: The length of the ramp and the starting pressure of the ramp cannot be changed.
This Product Includes...
- ICON Premo CPAP Machine
- ThermoSmart Heated Hose
- Water Chamber
- 2 Disposable Filters
- Soft Carrying Case
- Power Cord
- SmartStick Card
Pressure Range 4-20 cm H2O (.5 increments)
Dimensions (Machine): 6.3 x 6.7 x 8.7 in (160 x 170 x 220 mm)
Dimensions (Carrying Case): 6.5 x 7.0 x 13.5 in (165 x 178 x 343 mm)
Weight: 4.8 lb (2.2 kg) Packed Weight: 8.7 lb (4.0 kg)
Performance Pressure Range: 4 to 20 cmH2O
Noise Level: < 29 dBA
Water Chamber Volume: 420 mL
Power Input: 100 - 240V AC, 50/60 Hz
Ambient Temperature: 41 to 95 °F (5 to 35 °C)
Humidity: 5 to 95% Relative Humidity
Altitude: 0 to 9,000 ft (0 to 3,000 m)
Heated Hose Length : 76.5 inches
Required Settings: 1 Pressure Setting is Required
Unless directed otherwise, CPAP.com will leave the Icon Premo machine at the following default settings:
- Menu: 1(Simple Mode)
- Sensawake: On
- Ramp: On
- Ramp Time: 20 mins
- Ramp Pressure: 4cm or 1/3 of prescribed pressure (whichever is greater)
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Icon Ramp Function
The ramp feature on the Icon Premo is a set length of time, 20 minutes. It cannot be adjusted by the user. The starting pressure of the Icon Premo is set by the machine based on the prescribed pressure. It will start at either 4 cmwp or at 1/3 of the prescribed pressure. The machine will use the larger of those two numbers.
For instance, if a machine pressure is set to 9 cmwp the ramp would start at 4 cmwp since 1/3 of 9 is 3 and 4 cmwp is the minimum setting. As another example, if a the prescribed pressure of a machine is 18 cmwp would start at 1/3 of 18 or 6 cmwp because 6 is greater than 4.
Using the ramp is an optional feature and not required. To start the ramp process once the machine is blowing air, press and hold the SmartDial for 3 seconds to start the ramp process.
Fisher & Paykel updated the Icon line of machines in 2013. The color of the machines changed from light gray to dark gray but the size and shape of the machine is unchanged.
As of February 2014, the ThermoSmart Heated Hose is included with the Icon Premo CPAP Machine.
Machine Menu Note
The default menu setting on the Icon machines is "Simple Mode". This is a simplified menu for easier use. When the machine is in this mode and turned on, all other menu options will be hidden and the only visible setting will be the heated humidifier humidity which can be adjusted by turning the dial.
To take the units out of this mode, follow these steps:
- Hold down the middle button an turn the dial clockwise until a menu appears. The menu will look like dots around the right side of the display. Once that menu appears, the button and dial can be released.
- Without pressing the button, turn the dial to the 3 o'clock position. At this point the screen will read "MENU" and have a number "1" displayed in the middle.
- Press the button and release, which will make the number "1" blink.
- Turn the dial to adjust this from "1" to "2".
- Press and release the button again to save this change.
- Turn the dial back to the 12 o'clock position then press and release the button to exit this menu.
- Once changed, turning the dial will allow you to scroll through the menu options and view them easily.
ThermoSmart Heated Hose Cleaning:
Wash the heated hose using a mild soap and warm water. Rinse well with clean water and allow to air dry out of direct sunlight. The thermosmart hose may be submerged while cleaning, however it must be allowed to completely air dry before reconnecting to the CPAP machine.
Icon Machine and Humidifier Cleaning: Disconnect the machine from the power outlet prior to cleaning.
- Daily Cleaning:
- Remove the long tube from the machine.
- Wash the tube in warm soapy water. Rinse in clear running water and hang to dry.
- Remove the chamber lid and remove the chamber, discard any remaining water.
- DO NOT remove the rubber seal from the chamber.
- The chamber may be washed in a dishwasher or hand washed with mild detergent, rinsed and dried.
- Weekly Cleaning - In addition to the steps above:
- Remove the chamber, elbow and outlet seal.
- Fill the chamber with a solution of one part white vinegar to two parts water and allow to soak for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the chamber well and dry, or wash the chamber in the dishwasher.
- Disconnect the elbow from the machine by grasping the elbow and pulling out from the machine.
- Remove the outlet seal by pushing it into the machine through the opening created once the elbow is removed.
- Wash the elbow and seal in mild detergent using warm water. Rinse well and dry.
- Reinstall the outlet seal, then snap the elbow onto the back of the machine.
- Replace the chamber and lid.
Heating Plate Note
The heating plate of the Icon Premo may feel warm after the machine has been turned off. This may be residual heat resulting from the humidifier being very well insulated. Adding to this warmth, the power supply for the machine is directly under the heating plate, and even while in standby mode it can generate enough power to cause warmth when touched.
If the Smartstick for the ICON Premo will not lock into place, try removing the stick completely and reinserting which should allow the stick to re-lock into the machine. The SmartStick works in conjunction with software available only to doctors and sleep clinics.
Please Note: If using the InfoSmart software, an error message may appear stating that personal info does not match. Please contact your physician for support to have your information added and updated in the software if this error occurs.
Data Reporting and Sleep Sessions
The sleep session period for data reporting on the Fisher & Paykel Icon line of machines runs from noon one day to noon the next day. The time set on the machine determines "Noon". As an example, the sleep data related to a use session running from 11 PM at night to 7 AM the next morning will display after noon that day. Likewise, if the machine were used during an afternoon nap from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM today, the data would display after noon the next day.
Compatibility with Breeze Masks
The Breeze masks feature a connection that can sometimes easily slip out of the end of a hard cuffed hose, such as the ThermoSmart Heated Hose which is included with the ICON machines. To make this connection snug and prevent the mask connection slipping out, the addition of the FlexiTube Angle Adapter is necessary. Please add this item to your cart when ordering if you are purchasing or currently use a Breeze mask and plan to use it with a hard cuffed hose such as the ThermoSmart Heated Hose.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
The ICON Premo CPAP machine operates automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on that power.
The user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver. World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
Weighing in at only 1.7 pounds the Freedom Battery is a terrific option for travel. The 150W Sine Wave Inverter must be purchased separately with the Freedom Battery, otherwise it will not be able to power your machine. This lithium ion battery meets UN Manual Test and Criteria requirements for travel. The Freedom Pack includes many accessories and a handy carry case designed to allow the the cords to be attached with the battery inside the case.
A CPAP machine provides air at a constant prescribed pressure. The air is delivered to the person through a tube and a CPAP mask. CPAP therapy provides a constant airflow which keeps the airway open so uninterrupted breathing is maintained during sleep. The air stream eliminates Sleep Apnea events and allows the person to get a restful sleep.
The level of air pressure required to maintain your airway is determined during your sleep study. Your doctor will write a prescription for a CPAP machine set at that pressure.
CPAP therapy is delivered through a nasal mask that seals around the nose, nasal pillows which seal at the nasal opening, or nasal prong masks that seal inside the nares. Full face masks are available for a person who breathes through both the nose and mouth. Many innovative and comfortable options are available and advances in the delivery of CPAP therapy are continually occurring.
For instance: Some machines offer a comfort feature such as FLEX or EPR technology. It provides exhalation relief, a slight drop in pressure at the time of exhalation to help make therapy more natural. APAP, BiPAP and BiLevel machines offer various levels of pressure throughout the night.
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available machines, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click on the question mark for a definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Travel CPAP Comparison Chart
APAP Comparison Chart
BiPAP Comparison Chart
- Browse Our Machine Product Categories. These categories show each machine our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in house opinion of the quality of the machine based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
CPAP Machine Category
APAP (Auto Adjusting) Machine Category
BiPAP (Two Pressure) Machine Category
To see the list of what specifically comes with each machine, you can Browse for a machine. Then on the product page, click the "Specs" tab to see a full list of what comes with the machine.
We include information about the power needs and capacities on the CPAP.com pages our products. Please see the "POWER" tab on any machine product page for this information. You can also see a summary of the voltage range and whether it is DC capable on our Compare Charts.
Here is a video explaining differences in power cords and power supplies of various CPAP machines:
Here are some other suggested actions to care for your machine:
- Keep the area around your machine clean by removing any dust from the area to improve the air quality delivered to your machine and to you.
- Keep the air intake of the machine unblocked. Curtains, bedding, and papers can easily block the air intake of your machine, reducing the airflow.
- If a humidifier is used with your therapy, do not pick up the machine with the humidifier attached. With most machines it is easy to spill water from the humidifier chamber into the machine causing damage. Manufacturer warranties are voided by water damage to the machine. To avoid this, remove the chamber from the humidifier and then remove the humidifier from the machine rather than transporting them together.
- If a humidifier is used, empty the water from the chamber every morning. Accidents happen. If a family pet or family member moves the machine and humidifier with water in the chamber it is more likely that water could be spilled into your machine. Water damage to a machine voids the manufacturer warranty.
CPAP air is an irritant - to one degree or another - to everyone. In some cases the irritation dries out the nasal passages and may cause bleeding. It may also cause swelling, excess mucous, congestion or sneezing. The irritation may create a very fertile ground for infections to begin. The irritation may be cumulative, building up over time. The only way to reduce the irritation is to add moisture.
Humidification is therefore a critical part of CPAP Therapy.
There are two types of humidifiers:
Cold (Passover) Humidifiers
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
They pioneered heated humidification in CPAP Therapy with their HC100 Heated Humidifier and continue to lead the industry in heated humidification innovation. They are also well known for the quality of their Full Face Mask offerings.
Fisher and Paykel
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
Cleaning and changing filters is the only maintenance required for a CPAP machine.
The filters are located at the back of the machine at the air intake.
The following are the different types of exhalation relief names by manufacturer.
- Philips Respironics = C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex and Bi-Flex
- Resmed = EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief)
- 3B Medical = RESlex
- Apex Medical = PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) Pressure Relief
- Curative Medical = EUT (Expiratory Unloading Technology)
- DeVilbiss = SmartFlex
- Fisher & Paykel = SensAwake Technology
- Human Design Medical = Z-Breathe
- Somnetics = EZEX
Here are some machines with an exhalation relief feature:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
- Remove Water From The Humidifier. If you are going to take your CPAP humidifier with you, remove ALL water from the humidifier chamber. Water left in the humidifier chamber can be tipped into your machine and cause damage.
- Accompany Your CPAP Through Security. Stay with your CPAP machine. When going through security, security agents will usually need to inspect the CPAP separately. Ask to stay with the CPAP. This way you can watch them handle the CPAP machine, and you can make sure all of your parts (cords, masks, chambers, filters) get back into the bag.
- Plan Your Power Needs. Know what type of power your CPAP requires. If you are going to use a battery, make sure you have all the parts needed to safely run the CPAP on battery power. If you are traveling abroad make sure you have an international adapter plug. Check out the Power Solutions section of the FAQ for more information.
- Identify Your CPAP as Medical Equipment. To help move through security easier, put a medical equipment tag on your CPAP bag. We offer a Medical Equipment Luggage Tag.
- Carry a Medical Alert Card. When traveling or handling daily tasks, it is good to carry a medical alert card in your wallet. The card will inform emergency personnel that you have obstructive sleep apnea. We offer a Medical Alert Card.
- Pack Your Power Cord. Just like people commonly leave cell phone chargers at home or in the hotel, we frequently get calls from travelers who have left their CPAP power cord behind. Check to make sure your cord is packed with your machine before you leave home and when heading back home.
- Bring Spare Parts and Back Up Mask. Like the power cord, items get left behind or misplaced while on the road. Having spare parts and a back up mask will ensure you are not caught without equipment.
- Call Us If You Leave Something. CPAP.com delivers all over the US and to most international destinations. This includes to hotels and resorts. We also have expedited shipping options. If you are in a bind, give us a call 800.356.5221.
To prepare for your international travel, be sure to:
- Check the voltage of your destination. You may need a plug adapter for your machine.
- It is recommended to pack spare parts for your equipment.
- Review the general Travel Tips found in this section.
- It may be necessary to bring a travel-sized surge protector with you when you travel. Some countries have issues with power surges that can damage your machine. It's hard to say which country has power surges and which ones don't, so it's helpful to be prepared and bring a surge protector.
- While CPAP.com can ship internationally, we cannot guarantee any delivery date, and you may not want to incur the additional costs of having a replacement sent to your hotel.
Yes, you can travel by air with CPAP equipment. Sleep therapy should be used every night and your equipment should be taken along when traveling. The following information is intended as a general guideline and does not reflect any particular airline's policy. Check with your airline carrier to verify their policies regarding CPAP / BiLevel equipment.
- Generally in the USA, a CPAP machine and mask are NOT counted as a carry-on item.
- The CPAP carry case must meet the size restrictions set for carry-on items.
- Only items directly related to the medical treatment are included in the exception, any other items will count towards the carry-on allowance.
- Some airlines ask that you contact them 48 hours prior to the flight, especially if you are planning on using the machine on the flight. Before traveling, check the policy for the airline you will be using.
- Some airlines require documentation from a doctor stating the equipment is required by the user and must be kept with the user during travel.
- In some cases, an on-board electrical outlet may be available. If you plan to use the equipment during the flight, a battery backup should be carried in the event the on-board power is interrupted.
- Some locations in Asia and Europe may count the equipment used for Sleep Therapy as a carry on, but all airlines will allow it.
Air Travel: Call your airline. Each airline has a different policy on whether or not you can use your CPAP while in flight, and if they have a power source available.
Here is a letter from the manufacturer ResMed on the topic:
Here is a letter from the manufacturer Philips Respironics on the topic:
Philips Respironics Travel Letter
All the models CPAP.com sell contain power converters that enable the machine to operate on any AC current from 100 to 240 volts without any adjustment.
All machines can connect to DC power. Some machines are configured to operate on DC Power and have a DC power outlet. Other machines require AC power and will need an Inverter that turns DC power to AC power.
Having the proper equipment is the biggest key to successfully operating the machine from a battery. For example, if your machine does have a DC outlet and you want to run your machine from a marine battery, be sure to get the correct DC cable for the machine, as well as an adapter cable with alligator clips that fits over the cigarette lighter plug.
CPAP.com sells complete battery kits with everything you need for many machines including the correct cables for those machines and batteries. If you have questions about the specific power needs of your machine, review the 'Power' tab found on the machine's product page, or give us a call at 1-800-356-5221.
The humidifier opening and closing is a bit much with having to unscrew then screw back down. And there is no easy way to grasp it. Otherwise it is performing as expected. Wish I could give it 3.5. more...
I have an old machine that works perfectly well, except that the humidifier isn't large enough to do the job to my liking, and sometimes it's a little noisy. I need fairly high pressure, so when I got one machine that, even when set at 20 lbs it would barely deliver 14, it was unacceptable. The Premo delivers the pressure, and is quiet. The humidifier is slightly better but not quite enough. For the price it's good enough. more...
I have happily used a similar machine for years and never had any problems. Very good machine
I had one of these F&P Icons for just over 4 years it finally went out. I was able to order one from this site for under 5 hundred. I had many accessories for the old one that had not been opened yet and it made good sense to get the same model. I use a low pressure setting and don’t have need for the newer ramp up models as the starting point would be almost identical to the peak. I had some issues with the site excepting my prescript. I was finally able to talk them in to receiving an email copy since they were unable to get the faxes that were sent. Apparently they take email prescrip. but will not offer that as an option. more...
I really do like this machine with the built in humidifier-(which is easy to fill). The 21 levels of humidification really helps with my allergies and prevents dry nose and mouth. It's great that the machines comes with heated tubing and data. All of these great features for a reasonable price make this machine a winner. Also, great customer service keeps me coming back! more...
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturerFisher & PaykelResMedApex MedicalTypeCPAPCPAPCPAPWarranty2 Years2 Years2 YearsSound Level29 dB26.6 dBA28 dBQuietYesYesYesManuals IncludedPatient/Quick SetupPatient/Quick SetupPatient
DimensionsTravel SizedYesYesYesUnder 3 lbsNoYesYesMachine Weight4.8 lbs2.751.87 lbsEntire Weight8.7 lbs5.1 lbs5.4 lbsEntire Size6.3" x 6.7" x 8.7"10.04"x4.75"x5.91"10 in x 6.75 in x 5.5 inEntire Package Size6.3" x 6.7" x 8.7"13.24"x10"x5"13 in x 7.5 in x 8.5 inMachine Size OnlyNANA5.7 in x 5.1 in x 3.9 in
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierBuilt InHumidAirXT Heated HumidifierBuilt-In HumidifierYesYesNoHeated Humidifier TypeBuilt InBuilt InIntegratedAmbient Rainout ReductionThermoSmartAutoClimateControlNoIntegrated Heated HoseYesClimateLineAireNoHumidifier Water Capacity420 mL380mL300 mL
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentNoNoNoPressure Range4-20cm H204-20cm H2O4-20cm H2OEPAP Pressure RangeNANANAEasy BreathingSensAwakeEPR with Easy-BreatheNoRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeYesYesYesLeak CompensationYesYesNoMax Operating Altitude9,000 ft8,500 ft8,000 ft (4-18 cm)
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationNoYesNoVoltage Range100–240V AC100-240V100-240V ACOptional DC CableNoYesNoIntegrated BatteryNoNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataOSNoNoData CardYesYesNoOptional SoftwareInfoSmartResScanNo
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentAutoAutoManualAuto ON/OFFNoYesNoMask Off AlertNoNoNoSpontaneousNoNoNoTimedNoNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesYesYesBacklight Shuts OffYesYesNo