Have a question? Call us!
Sat 8AM-5PM CST
Fisher & Paykel's Brevida™ Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear offers a minimalistic approach to the CPAP mask. The AirPillow™ seal extends from the tip of the nose to the cheek, resting just above the upper lip. Position the pillows inside the nostrils and allow the outer walls to stabilize the seal.
Manufactured by Fisher & Paykel.
2% of Nasal Pillow product buyers choose this product.
The Brevida™ Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear from Fisher & Paykel is a lightweight nasal pillow mask designed for comfort and support. The AirPillow™ cushion inflates as air flows through the mask into the cushion and through the nasal passages. The soft walls extend past the nose into the base of the cheekbone to help secure the fit and prolong the seal. VisiBlue™ hues are found throughout the mask to indicate the various connection points on the mask.
- AirPillow™ Nasal Pillow Cushion
- Versatile Nasal Pillow Sizing
- VisiBlue™ Adjustable Headgear
- VisiBlue™ Connection Points
- Short Tube with Swivel
- Washable Diffuser Cap & Filter
AirPillow™ Nasal Pillow Cushion
The AirPillow™ cushion is minimalistic and triangular in shape, extending from the tip of the nose to the upper lip. The unique geometric shape is designed to create a seal in and around the nose. This concept is unique as most nasal pillow mask seal inside the nostrils only.
The cushion walls are thin, measuring 0.25mm, and they extend out slightly with the intent to create balance against the face and to create a stable seal. For increased stability during inhalation, F&P created an inflatable AirPillow™ nasal cushion, which moves the cushion closer to the nose during inhalation. As the user exhales, the material once again relaxes, allowing for ease of breath at each stage of CPAP therapy.
Versatile Nasal Pillow Sizing
The Brevida™ nasal pillow mask is designed to accommodate a wide range of facial structures. One cushion is intended to fit up to two sizes: X-Small - Small or Medium - Large, increasing the potential for an accurate fit with fewer attempts to purchase the correctly sized cushion.
VisiBlue™ Adjustable Headgear
The blue hue found on the exterior of the Brevida™ adjustable headgear highlights the thin, dual strap headgear from the thicker beige headgear straps which connect to the headgear clips. The headgear slides over the head and above the ear, with both straps resting softly on the back of the head. The position and fit of the headgear are essential to obtaining a strong seal throughout the night.
If the fit is not optimal once the headgear is placed over the head, the fit can be adjusted by increasing or decreasing the tension on the headgear strap as it slides through the headgear clip.
VisiBlue™ Connection Points
VisiBlue™ is a unique Brevida™ design element designed to increase visibility of those connections points which are essential to the mask. The headgear, short tube, and swivel all display a blue rim or blue hue highlighting the points by which each piece attach. The short tube connects to the opening in the nasal pillow cushion and the blue rim of the swivel connects to the end of the short tube. Together, these components attach to the CPAP hose whereby pressure is sent from the machine to the mask to the user.
Short Tube with Swivel
The short tube and swivel connect at the opening in the nasal pillow cushion, creating space between the mask and the CPAP hose. The additional foot of space allows the user more mobility throughout the night, creating a more gentle CPAP experience.
Washable Diffuser Cap & Filter
The diffuser cap with filter sits between the mask frame and the short tube, diffusing the sound of the air as it is released from the mask and capturing fine particles. As the filter and cap combination become dirty, functionality may decrease, but the Brevida™ diffuser cap and filter are washable. Clean once a week to prolong the life of the equipment and maintain mask functionality.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- 1 Mask Frame
- 1 Cushion in Selected Size
- 1 Headgear
- 1 Set of Headgear Clips
- 1 Diffuser Cap
- 1 Elbow
- 1 Short Tube with Swivel
Brevida Mask Cushion Materials:
- Frame: Polycarbonate
- Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Swivel: Polycarbonate
- Seal: Silicone/Polycarbonate
- Headgear: Lycra / Polyurethane Foam Laminate
- Headgear Clips: Acetal
- Diffuser: Polyester Fiber/Polycarbonate (PC)
- Tube: Polypropylene (PP)
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Tips to Obtain the Optimal Fit with the Brevida™
- Once the mask has been removed from the packaging and all components are fit together, use your thumbs and index fingers to pull the wings of the cushion slightly apart from one another.
- With the mask opened widely, insert the pillows inside the nostrils and position until a secure fit is obtained.
- Allow the cushion material to enclose the nose to complete the seal around the nose.
- Using one hand, hold the frame and cushion closely to the face and pull the headgear over the head so both headgear straps land softly at the back of the head.
- Fit the headgear along the face ensuring the material is above the ears and below the eyes.
- Lift the hook and loop tabs on the other side of the headgear clips and begin pulling the straps through the clips to increase or decrease tension.
- Once the best fit is obtained, secure the hook and loop tabs to the headgear.
Tips to Assemble and Disassemble the Brevida™ Nasal Pillow Mask
- Gently push the nasal pillow cushion into the opening in the middle of the mask frame.
- Thread the headgear straps through the headgear clips and close the the hook and loop tab to the headgear for closure.
- Attach the headgear clips to the mask frame.
- Snap the diffuser cap onto the top of the mask elbow.
- Connect the blue rim of the swivel to the short tube, then connect the short tube to the mask elbow.
- Pair one end of the CPAP hose to the swivel and the other end to the CPAP machine.
The mask may be taken apart for a few reasons. Follow these guidelines for removing parts from the Brevida™ mask.
- If replacing a singular part, remove the piece being replaced and add the new part in its place.
- If dismantling for cleaning, remove the headgear clips from the headgear. Then, remove the nasal pillow cushion from the mask frame. Remove the diffuser cap and the short tube from the elbow before finally removing the swivel from the short tube.
Longevity and Functionality Tips for Optimal Therapy Results
To increase the effectiveness of therapy, check the mask components for wear and tear before each use. If the cushion or tube become torn, seek replacements before using the device. Air must always be able to flow inside and outside of the mask. Ensure the diffuser is free from blockage and maintain a daily cleaning schedule to ensure all other components remain in good working order.
Tips for Cleaning the Nasal Pillow Cushion & All Mask Components
- Cushion, Short Tube, and Swivel: Wash daily in warm water with mild soap. Do not exceed 10 minutes. Rinse with fresh water until all soap residue is gone and allow the components to air dry away from direct sunlight before wearing.
- Headgear and Diffuser Cap: Wash at least once per week in warm water with mild soap. Do not exceed 10 minutes. Rinse with fresh water until all soap residue is gone and allow the components to air dry away from direct sunlight before wearing.