Extended Life Battery for Z1 and Z2 Travel CPAP Machines
Extended Life Battery for Z1 and Z2 CPAP Overview
This product is not currently available for expedited shipping within the continental U.S. Regular ground shipping will be the only option. Other options may be available for non-continental U.S. residents.
The Extended Life Battery for Z1 and Z2 Travel CPAP Machines is a replacement lithium ion battery and battery shuttle which fits into the Z1 and Z2 PowerShell with Extended Life Battery used to power the Z1 or Z2 CPAP Machine.
To order the entire PowerShell assembly which includes the Extended Life Battery, Shuttle, and Cradle with Lanyard, visit this page: Z1 and Z2 PowerShell with Extended Life Battery.
PLEASE NOTE: Older PowerShells will not properly charge the new extended battery, and will require a firmware upgrade. To identify if your PowerShell is compatible, and for instructions for upgrade, please visit this page.
This Product Includes...
- 1 - Lithium Ion Battery with Shuttle
Extended Life Battery with Shuttle Weight: 1.14 lbs
Extended Life Battery with Shuttle Dimensions: 6 in. x 3.5 in. x .75 in.
Estimated Runtime:Manufacturer testing shows that the Extended Life Battery will power a Z1 CPAP at the highest settings (20 cmH2O, Z-Breathe 3) for 8.9 hours. These results were obtained via bench testing under simulated operating conditions. Lower pressures will result in longer battery operating time. Actual run time may vary due to machine settings, machine pressure, and personal breathing.
Shelf life: Batteries are shipped with between 30% and 50% of rated capacity, providing a minimum of 6 months shelf life when stored at 25°C. If storage temperature exceeds 25°C over a 6-month period then shelf life will be reduced and the battery should be recharged periodically.
FAA Approved? Yes.Length of Manufacturer Warranty: 6 months for battery
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Charging The Battery
- With both the Z1 or Z2 and the battery fully inserted into the PowerShell, plug the power supply (AC to DC Adapter) into the wall outlet. The Z1 must be in standby mode (display reads 0.0) to charge the battery.
- The battery status indicator on the Z1 or Z2 will flash when the battery is charging. The number of solid bars indicates the current level of charge. The battery charging is complete when the 4th bar stops flashing.
Per the FAA, this product meets the requirements set by the FAA for air travel.
PLEASE NOTE: If the PowerShell does not appear to be charging, disconnect the Z1 or Z2, battery, and power supply and reassemble. Make sure you hear the components click together and see that the DC plug (silver cylinder in the bottom of the PowerShell) goes into the hole in the CPAP and then reattempt to charge the PowerShell.