Hybernite Rainout Control System
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Check out the newer model hereComfortLine Heated Tubing Kit
The Hybernite Rainout Control System is a stand alone option for reducing rainout or condensation in the CPAP tube. Unlike other heated hose options, the Hybernite can be used with any CPAP or BiPAP machine that accepts a standard tubing. Copper wires embedded in the walls of the tubing use its own power source to uniformly heat and prevent condensation by maintaining the temperature.
Use the Hybernite Rainout Control System (ROC) to get the benefits of improved humidification and reduced rainout using any CPAP or BiPAP machines that accepts a standard tubing without the cost of upgrading the entire system!
Using its own, medical grade power source, the copper wires embedded in the walls of the tubing uniformly heat along the length of the tube to maintain the temperature inside the tubing and prevent the humidified air from condensing as it travels from CPAP and Humidifier to the mask.
To avoid rainout, CPAP users often makes changes that may compromise their therapy and sleep. These include reducing the humidification setting on their system, lowering it below the prescribed or desired level, and raising the temperature in the bedroom. The Hybernite ROC allows you to control the temperature inside the delivery tubing rather than the environment around it.
- Compatible with All CPAP Systems That Use a Standard Hose
- Enhances Humidification of Existing System and Comfort Level
- Reduces or Eliminates Rainout
- Use the Humidifier Setting of Your Choice
- Helps Eliminate Sleep Disturbances Due to Rainout Effects
- Stand Alone Unit with its Own Power Source
The Hybernite Heated Breathing Tube is 71.25 inches from end to end including cuffs. Both cuff ends are ridged to avoid stress damage to the hose. The diameter of the hose is 19mm.
- The Hybernite is not compatible with machine lines that use a smaller diameter (15mm) hose such as the S9 series by ResMed and the 60 Series by Philips Respironics.
- PR System One devices with software Versions EARLIER than 1.24 are not recommended for use with the Hybernite. The version of software flashes on the display screen when the machine is first turned on.
This Product Includes...
- Power Supply Unit and Cord
- Hybernite Heated Breathing Tube
- Length 71.25" (1.83m)
- Internal Diameter 3/4" (19mm)
- Weight of Hybernite Hose Alone 4.48 oz. (0.28 lbs)
- Weight of Hybernite Power Supply Alone 11.36 oz. (.71 lbs)
- Combined Weight (Hose with Power Supply) 15.84 oz. (0.99 lbs)
- Supply Frequency 50-60 Hz
- Supply Voltage to Power Supply 110V - 220V
- Supply Voltage & Current to Tube 12V; 2.0A
- Power Heated Tube 18 W max
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Prescription: The Hybernite Rainout Control System and Hybernite Heated Hose require a prescription for purchase. If you don't have a prescription CPAP.com will gladly assist you in getting one. Visit our Prescription Policy for more information or call us at 1-800-356-5221.
A prescription that contains any of the following words is acceptable to make a purchase of the Hybernite: "Hose"; "Heated Hose"; "Supplies"; "Machine"; "CPAP"; "APAP"; "BiPAP"; "BiLevel"; "VPAP" or "Humidifier"
Compatible with ComfortLine Heated Tubing Kit
The components of the Hybernite system are also compatible with the ComfortLine Heated Tubing Kit. For example, the Hybernite tube is compatible with the ComfortLine power supply. Similarly, the ComfortLine tube is compatible with the Hybernite power supply.
Power Supply Unit Location: The manufacturer recommends that the Power Supply Unit (PSU) for the Hybernite should be placed on the floor during operation.
Humidification Required: The Hybernite Heated Tubing must ALWAYS be used with water humidification to avoid elevated airflow temperatures.
Hose and Ambient Temperatures: The Hybernite hose will reach a temperature between 95°F (35°C) and 104°F (40°C) degrees without airflow from the machine. The Hybernite system is recommended to be used in a room with an ambient temperature between 41°F (5°C) and 86°F (30°C). The system should not be used in ambient room temperatures above 86°F (30°C).
Hose Covers: It is recommended that an insulated hose cover such as the SnuggleHose or other textile object NOT be used with the Hybernite Heated Tubing to avoid elevated temperatures.
Recommended Cleaning & Replacement Schedule: Prior to cleaning the power connection must be disconnected from the tubing. The tubing itself should be washed with mild soap and lukewarm water, then rinsed well, hung and allowed to dry. Tap the electrical connection end of the hose on a hard surface to release any water that could be caught inside. The tubing must be COMPLETELY dry before reconnecting to power. The manufacturer recommends replacing the Heated Tubing after 6 months of use.
Warranty: The Power Supply Unit carries a 1 year manufacturer warranty. The Tube carries a 30 day manufacturer warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf. Please contact us at 1-800-356-5221 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I like it! It solved my cold dry nose problems. Just enough warmth to keep the moisture from more...
The Hybernite Rainout system really works. I have used mine in sub 30 degree temperatures and got none of more...
Purchased Hybernite Rainout upon recommendation of my son. Wonderful not waking to water sloshing in your c-pap fittings. more...
Slept like a baby!
Excellent product, heats the air very well and prevents condensation. Highly Recommended