"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERVery comfortable, compact and easy to clean. Received this product in 3 days with standard shipping - outstanding!"
November 5, 2013
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERSo far working great, lightweight, no leaks and easy to assemble."
August 7, 2014
Get mask wipes for just 1¢ more when you add this item to your cart.
Mask assembly kits allow a mask to be refreshed without having to purchase a full mask and headgear.
Manufactured by ResMed.
This is the Mirage™ FX nasal mask frame with one size cushion. This product does not include the headgear which can be purchased separately: Headgear for Mirage™ FX Nasal CPAP Mask.
Featuring the dual wall Spring Air™ cushion, the aim of the Mirage™ FX is to reduce pressure points on the face. The air exhalation ports provide a gentle air stream that is quiet and less likely to cause discomfort to the one using the mask or a bed partner.
Reducing the number of parts, ResMed has made the Mirage™ FX ResMed easy to use and clean. The squeeze-tab elbow snaps on and off without using clips. The butterfly wing forehead support flexes to the best position.
Also available, the Mirage™ FX for Her Nasal CPAP Mask is packaged with smaller headgear. It comes in two sizes, small and standard. The size small frame and cushion are not compatable with other sizes of the Mirage™ FX.
If interested in purchasing the headgear separately visit Headgear for Mirage™ FX Nasal CPAP Mask. Or, purchase the entire mask system including headgear, by visiting Mirage™ FX Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
Material Components for Mirage™ FX Nasal CPAP Mask Assembly Kit
- Cushion: Silicone; Nylon
- Frame: Silicone; Nylon
- Elbow: Nylon; Polypropylene; Thermoplastic Elsatomer
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- ResMed products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
The size Standard Mirage™ FX does not have any indicating part numbers or letters on the mask. However, the size Wide has a "W" on the cushion.
The small cushion is not compatible with the frame that fits the standard and wide cushion.
Where can I find the size?
The size of the nasal cushion is embossed on the bottom of the nasal cushion. The size of the mask frame is indicated with black letters on the left side of the mask frame. The tiny letters are located near the edge of the mask frame.
Customer ReviewsView All Reviews
CPAP Video & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Are prescriptions required for mask, machine, humidifier, and Provent purchases?
- Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier,
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and a Provent prescription form.
- How can I compare different masks?
- Like our machine comparison chart, we have created a CPAP Mask Comparison Guide to help you compare different masks. This guide stacks up every mask we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular masks, or to the different types of masks we sell.
Compare Most Popular Masks
Compare All Nasal Masks
Compare All Full Face Masks
Compare All Nasal Pillow Masks
Compare All Nasal Prong Masks
Compare All Hybrid Masks
Compare All Oral Masks
Compare All Total Face CPAP Masks
- How do I care for my mask?
Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry. Never use antibacterial soap as it will break down the silicone of the mask cushion. Avoid soaps that include lotion which can coat the mask and cause it to lose its seal. A safe cleaner is the Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution. Remember, going to bed with a clean face will improve your seal and protect the lifespan of your mask.
The best time to clean your mask is in the morning after use. This removes the oils left behind from your skin which can reduce the lifespan of your mask. We recommend using Mask Wipes to make daily morning cleaning easy. The mask wipes are made from materials that will not break down your mask.
For customers who want to completely disinfect their mask and accessories, there's an even better option than wipes. The Lumin Mask and Accessories Cleaner uses powerful UV light to disinfect, killing almost all bacteria almost instantly. It's not a cleaner and doesn't scrub or wash anything, but for simple disinfecting the Lumin works great!
Here are some other cleaning products to help with keeping your mask fresh:
- How often should I replace my mask?
- Medicare allows for mask cushion replacement every three (3) months, and a complete mask system replacement every six (6) months. CPAP manufacturers and vendors suggest these replacement schedules as well.
In our experience, most mask cushions begin to deteriorate after about six months of use. The cushion eventually becomes too soft to hold a seal. The headgear straps lose elasticity and must be tightened more and more to get the same quality seal.
We strongly suggest replacing cushions and pillows as soon as they start to soften. Air leaks may reduce the effectiveness of CPAP therapy and headgear that is too tight may cause facial sores at pressure points. In most cases, replacement headgear is available if it is stretched out or the Velcro worn out.
To see what parts of your mask are replaceable refer to our Replacement Part Finder. Just search for your mask to see all of the replaceable parts.
- Are mask cushions interchangeable with other mask frames or can I use a different size cushion on the same frame?
- The answer to this question depends on the mask. In most cases, the mask frame will only accept cushions or pillows made for that specific mask. However, there are a few variations to this rule: ResMed's Mirage SoftGel Nasal CPAP Mask and Mirage Activa LT Nasal CPAP Mask are examples of the exception. In this case, both masks use the same mask frame; therefore, the cushions for the two masks are interchangeable. The EasyFit Masks by DeVilbiss offer different cushion types such as gel or silicone, which are interchangeable between the mask frames.
As to whether or not you can use different size cushions for a specific mask on the same mask frame, this also depends on the mask. Some mask frames are compatible with multiple cushion or pillow sizes, while other mask frames only fit cushions of the same size. This information is provided on the product pages. Please review the page of the specific product you are interested in to learn if you will need a different size mask frame for each size of cushion or pillow. For assistance, contact us at 800.356.5221.