NasaFlo® Neti Pot
NetiPot by NeilMed Overview
If you breathe through the nose and get sick, the congestion in the nose can be difficult to deal with. While it's recommended to switch to a full face mask when you come down with a cold, you may prefer to try breathing through the nose.
If that's the case, you'll need some way to clear out your sinuses and relieve some of the congestion. The way to do this is by using the NeilMed NasaFlo NetiPot.
The NetiPot works by running a gentle mixture of sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate through the nasal passages, clearing out the congestion so it's possible to return to breathing through the nose.
The kit includes the following items:
- 1 Disposable NetiPot (Re-Usable for up to 3 Months)
- 50 Packets of Sodium Bicarbonate Mix
- Educational Brochure
This Product Includes...
- Netipot Irrigation Device
- 50 Packets of Sodium Chloride & Sodium Bicarbonate Mixture
- Directions for Use
Package Contents: Pre-mixed dosages of Sodium Chloride & Sodium Bicarbonate. Together make up a gentle saline rinse.
Safe for Use During Pregnancy? Yes.
Safe for Use After Sinus Surgery? Yes
Is the NetiPot Reusable? Yes, discard after 3 months. Not intended for long-term use.
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
How to Use the NetiPot?
Here's how to use the NasaFlo NetiPot:
- Fill the NetiPot with lukewarm distilled, bottled, or previously boiled (but not currently boiling) water. Water should only be lukewarm to the touch. Boiling water could cause injury.
- Add the sodium bicarbonate mixture to the solution. Stir it in so that it dissolves, and then secure the top to the pot.
- While standing in front of a sink, bend forward to your comfort level, and tilt your head to one side.
- While keeping your mouth open, and while not holding your breath, apply the tip of the NetiPot to one nostril.
- Allow the solution to gently flow through the nose, and come out the other nostril. Use roughly half of the mixture. If you sense water in your mouth, it could be because you're tilting your head back. This is why it's important to be leaning forward.
- Very gently blow your nose while running the solution through your nostrils. If any of the mixture winds up in the throat, please spit it out.
- Repeat steps 3 - 6 with the other nostril. Your sinuses should now be mostly cleared out.