Frame & Headgear Differences Between Nuance & Nuance Pro: The Nuance and Nuance Pro use the same gel pillows. The differences between the two models rests in the frame & headgear design.
- Frame: The frame of the Nuance is made of soft, flexible fabric with a triangular-shaped retaining ring that holds the pillow in place.
- Soft, flexible cloth with permanently attached retaining ring to hold pillow cushion platform.
- Approximate length with tabs folded over - 15 inches.
- Approximate strap width - 1/2 inch
- Headgear: The headgear for the Nuance is made up of three parts permanently sewn together - back strap; left crown strap & right crown strap.
- Pale blue back strap with Philips Respironics logo.
- Approximate length of blue back strap - 10 1/2 inches (not including the crown strap pieces)
- Approximate width of the back strap at widest - 1 3/8 inches.
- Left crown strap, curved at frame attachment, pale gray with one frame attachment and one center crown attachment, including a permanently attached tube retainer loop.
- Approximate length of left crown strap - 6 inches.
- Right crown strap, curved at frame attachment, pale gray with one frame attachment and one crown tab.
- Approximate length of right crown strap - 8 1/2 inches
Compatibility: The Nuance soft cloth frame only works with the Nuance headgear. It is NOT compatible with the Nuance Pro headgear.
- Frame: The frame of the Nuance Pro is made of silicone with gel check pads. A triangular opening holds the pillow cushion platform.
- Flexible silicone with gel pads to cushion the cheek area, curved to conform to face.
- 2 Tab openings formed in the silicone to attach the headgear straps.
- Approximate length of the frame including tab openings - 9 inches.
- Approximate gel pad length - 1 7/8 inch
- Approximate gel pad width - 1/2 inch
- Headgear: The headgear for the Nuance Pro is made up of three parts permanently sewn together - back strap; left crown strap & right crown strap.
- Dove gray, back strap with Philips Respironics logo.
- Approximate length of gray back strap - 9 1/2 inches (not including the crown strap pieces)
- Approximate width of the back strap at widest - 1 1/4 inches.
- Left crown strap, c shaped curve, pale gray with one frame attachment tab and one center crown attachment, including a permanently attached tube retainer loop.
- Approximate length of the left crown strap with tab folded over- 7 inches.
- Right crown strap, c shaped curve, pale gray with two tabs, one for crown attachment and one for frame attachment.
- Nuance Pro is printed on the tab of the right crown strap that attaches to the frame.
- Approximate length of the right crown strap with tabs folded over- 8 1/2 inches.
Compatibility: The Nuance Pro silicone and gel frame only works with the Nuance Pro headgear. It is NOT compatible with the Nuance headgear.
Elbow & Pillow Cushion Platform: The elbow is permanently attached to the clear acrylic pillow cushion platform. The two cannot be separated.
System One Resistance Control Tips
If using a Respironics System One machine, a system one resistance control number from Respironics can be set to allow the machine to compensate for different mask types. The resistance control number for the Nuance and Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask is X2. Please Note: System One Resistance Control is for System One Machines only.
SnuggleCover for Short Tubes: The SnuggleHose Cover for Short Mask Tubes will fit the short tube of the Nuance & Nuance Pro.
The Nuance & Nuance Pro nasal pillows should be replaced once every six months.
- Separate the mask cushion from the frame and remove the headgear.
- Wet a paper towel with a mix of mild soap and water, and gently scrub the cushion and forehead pad. Make sure to remove any debris that may have collected.
- Set the cushion aside to air dry, but don’t place it in direct sunlight.
Where do I find the size?
The standard size silicone frame and standard size fabric frame fit all three nasal pillow cushions. The mask frame does not have an identifiable size due to the universal fit. The reduced size fabric mask frame is not offered with this purchase. To acquire the reduced size fabric mask frame, a separate order must be placed. The reduced size mask frame, which does not have an identifiable size, is known by the specific order placed.
To find the size of the nasal pillow cushion, remove the nasal pillow cushion from the mask frame. Hold the nasal pillow cushion with the largest opening facing upward. To the right of the hole, locate a black letter that indicates the size of the nasal pillow cushion.
When the headgear is properly in place, the top buckle strap will be on the top of the head with the hose retaining loop upward. The back strap which features the Philips Respironics logo will be on the back of the head. If the headgear is not on the head properly the pillows will not align properly and can cause discomfort and not seal properly.
Gel Pillow Appearance & Orientation
Use these landmarks to orient the gel pillow correctly in the pillow cushion platform and short tube assembly:
- The letter size indicator on the pillow will be on the left check side.
- System One Resistance Control number (X2) will be on the bottom of the pillow shell towards the chin.
- The long flat portion of the pillow cushion platform (the clear acrylic part that holds the pillow cushion) is closer to the nose with the triangle pointing down toward the mouth.
The nasal pillow for the Nuance & Nuance Pro has a gel ring that rests against the opening of the nose or nare. There may be some dimpling along the edge of the gel ring. This is normal and does not impact the function of the pillow.
To disassemble, begin by removing the nasal pillow from the clear triangular piece of the elbow. The elbow can then be pulled out of the frame.