Pilairo™ Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Check out the newer model herePilairo Q Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Pilairo Nasal Pillow with Headgear Overview
A single size, a single strap, a light touch: this describes Fisher & Paykel's Pilairo™ Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear. Standing out among other nasal pillow masks, the Pilairo has one size designed to fit most faces. Inspired by the hummingbird, the Airpillow Seal "hovers" over the nose with support from a mask base which does not touch the face, limiting contact and pressure points.
The Pilairo AirPillow Seal hovers at the end of the nose to create a seal without the facial pressure of a frame. The therapy air flow fills the AirPillow Seal base to create a seal that self-adjusts to the nose as it inflates.
- AirPillow Seal
- One size fits most
- Thin and petal soft
- No touch mask base
- Quiet 360º elbow
- Lightweight design
- Single strap headgear
The defining feature of the Pilairo is the self-adjusting seal that fits a range of sizes and shapes. The one-size-fits most design means no fit decision or changing out parts. The Pilairo slips into place and self-inflates with the air stream. The very thin microfine contoured silicone is petal soft and tapers to just .o4 inches to seal against the nasal opening or nare.
Mask and Short Tube
The Pilairo is very lightweight and comfortable at just 1.83 ounces. The AirPillow Seal snaps into the form fitted mask base to encompass the nose while the stabilizers offer support allowing the Pilairo to "hover" over the nose. The fully rotating elbow allows the short flexible tube to be positioned in many orientations. The air is diffused quietly away from the person using the mask as well as a bed partner.
Because stability is provided by the AirPillow Seal and stabilizers, a single strap headgear attaches to the Pilairo. Latex-free, StretchWise is a soft, stretch fabric that adjusts to the user during movement. The StretchWise Headgear is included with this product.
This Product Includes...
Flexi-tube Length: 4 inches EXCLUDING swivel
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Where do I find the size?
The mask frame and cushion are designed to fit a majority of users. Since there is only one size, the user will not find an identifiable mark indicating the size of the mask frame or nasal pillow.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
Compare Most Popular Masks
Compare All Nasal Masks
Compare All Full Face Masks
Compare All Nasal Pillow Masks
Compare All Nasal Prong Masks
Compare All Hybrid Masks
Compare All Oral Masks
Compare All Total Face CPAP Masks
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available masks, feature by feature. IF you're unsure of the meaning of a feature, click on or hover over the question mark for a pop out definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Compare Most Popular Masks
Compare All Masks
- Browse Our Mask Product Categories. These categories show each mask our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in-house opinion of the quality of the mask based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
Nasal Mask Category
Full Face Mask Category
Nasal Pillow Mask Category
Nasal Prong Mask Category
Hybrid Mask Category
Oral Mask Category
Total Face Mask Category
- Sizing Guides. Many Nasal and Full Face masks have sizing guides available to help determine the size needed. Simply print the sizing guide, cut out if needed, and use a mirror or helper to look at the guide to see if it is a proper fit on the face. Please note, to ensure the guide is the proper size, it should be printed in PDF format at 100% scale, meaning "Fit to Page" may have to be disabled.
- Return Insurance. With every mask we sell, you have the option of purchasing return insurance. Masks are FDA approved medical devices. Once a mask is used, it cannot be resold to another customer. CPAP.com was the first in the industry to offer return insurance to our customers. Return insurance provides 30 days for you to try a mask and return it for any reason for a refund of the price of the mask. If you are trying a mask for the first time, return insurance might be right for you.
We also offer Free Return Insurance on some masks.
- By Live Chat: Click on the Chat Now field in the lower right hand corner of the CPAP.com page. If after hours, click Leave a message to enter your question and we will get back in touch with you.
- By Phone: 800.356.5221 (%WeekDayStart% - %WeekDayEnd% CST Mon-Fri; %WeekEndStart% - %WeekEndEnd% CST Sat)
- Email Us: email@example.com
- By Fax: 866.353.2727
- Could not find what you were looking for? Please send us your question. Question Submission Form
Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry. Never use antibacterial soap as it will break down the silicone of the mask cushion. Avoid soaps that include lotion which can coat the mask and cause it to lose its seal. A safe cleaner is the Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution. Remember, going to bed with a clean face will improve your seal and protect the lifespan of your mask.
The best time to clean your mask is in the morning after use. This removes the oils left behind from your skin which can reduce the lifespan of your mask. We recommend using Mask Wipes to make daily morning cleaning easy. The mask wipes are made from materials that will not break down your mask.
For customers who want to completely disinfect their mask and accessories, there's an even better option than wipes. The Lumin Mask and Accessories Cleaner uses powerful UV light to disinfect, killing almost all bacteria almost instantly. It's not a cleaner and doesn't scrub or wash anything, but for simple disinfecting the Lumin works great!
Here are some other cleaning products to help with keeping your mask fresh:
In our experience, most mask cushions begin to deteriorate after about six months of use. The cushion eventually becomes too soft to hold a seal. The headgear straps lose elasticity and must be tightened more and more to get the same quality seal.
We strongly suggest replacing cushions and pillows as soon as they start to soften. Air leaks may reduce the effectiveness of CPAP therapy and headgear that is too tight may cause facial sores at pressure points. In most cases, replacement headgear is available if it is stretched out or the Velcro worn out.
To see what parts of your mask are replaceable refer to our Replacement Part Finder. Just search for your mask to see all of the replaceable parts.
As to whether or not you can use different size cushions for a specific mask on the same mask frame, this also depends on the mask. Some mask frames are compatible with multiple cushion or pillow sizes, while other mask frames only fit cushions of the same size. This information is provided on the product pages. Please review the page of the specific product you are interested in to learn if you will need a different size mask frame for each size of cushion or pillow. For assistance, contact us at 800.356.5221.
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP Mask", "CPAP Supplies", "CPAP Humidifier", "CPAP", "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure", "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto", "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Here are some of our top selling masks:
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
+ See More
I got mine, the wife refuses to get tested for apnea... got it delivered yesteray... OMG, first good nights sleep I have had in ages.... (ear plugs stopped working), neighbors didn't wake me up thinking I was using a chain saw in the house again.... get one... it works! Bonus was NO visable marks! more...
4 people found this helpful.
Nice compared to earlier models.
I was very excited to try out the Pilairo™ Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear; unfortunately, I was very disappointed with it. I will continue to use my ResMed Swift™ FX Nasal Pillow. Although the Pilairo was very comfortable and created a god seal, the exhaust port was extremely loud. So much so that even my wife complained about its volume. Secondly, the launch hose is too short at about six inches. The ResMed is about 18 inches. This allows the main hose to be connected and kept away from my body. I don't need to have to tolerate rolling over onto the large coupling or having it laying on my chest, back or shoulder. more...
4 people found this helpful.
I have found the pilairo as is the most comfortable therefore effective headgear
This is my second purchase of a Pilairo mask. As a CPAP user for some ten years, I don't think I've ever bought the same mask twice. Pilairo makes minimal face contact, leaves no face marks and stays on better than masks with more elaborate headgear. Love it. more...
6 people found this helpful.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesMask TypeNasal PillowNasal PillowNasal PillowHeadgear IncludedYesYesYes
Mask FeaturesReplaceable CushionYesYesYesHeadgear Quick-ClipsYesNoYesGel CushionNoNoNoForehead SupportNoNoNoMask Cushion TypeSiliconeSiliconeSiliconeFree Return InsuranceNoYesYes
SizeMultiple Sizes IncludedNoYesYesSmall FaceYesNoYesWide FaceYesNoYes
Lifestyle NeedsActive SleeperYesYesYesMouth BreatherNoNoNoTV FriendlyYesYesYesClaustrophobicYesYesYesDesigned For HerNoNoNoFacial HairYesYesYes