DreamStation Humidifier Dry Box Assembly (Seal Not Included)
DreamStation Humidif Box Assembly Overview
Philips Respironics' DreamStation Humidifier Dry Box Assembly is the replacement assembly used to prevent water damage to the DreamStation Heated Humidifier.
Please Note: This is for the dry box assembly only and does not include the inlet seal. If interested in purchasing the inlet seal, it must be purchased separately. The seal can be found here.
Dry Box technology is used on PR humidifier systems to protect the device from potential water leakage. In the instance that water may seep or spill from the water chamber into the unit, the dry box is designed to capture the water to keep it from spreading throughout the humidifier and CPAP therapy device.
The Dry Box Assembly has an inlet seal located on the interior of the humidifier as well as a smaller seal located on the exterior of the unit where the machine and humidifier meet. Please Note: Only the interior, inlet seal is intended to be replaced. If the seal on the exterior of the humidifier assembly is damaged, a new assembly must be purchased.
This Product Includes...
- Dry Box Assembly
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
Tips to Remove the Dry Box Assembly and the Inlet Seal
- Open the humidifier by gently pushing forward on the long tab found on the top of the humidifier.
- Remove the water chamber with both hands to prevent water from spilling into the heated device.
- Turn the humidifier to locate the dry box assembly located on the opposite side of the flip lid.
- Locate the small latch found on the side of the assembly which is nearest to the inlet seal.
- Press the latch to disengage the assembly from the humidifier.
- Once the unit has been removed, the seal will easily come apart from the dry box assembly.
Caring for the Dry Box Assembly
Use the following steps to maintain the longevity of the Dry Box Assembly:
- For simple, daily cleanings, use a damp cloth to to wipe the circumference of the assembly.
- For more complex cleanings, remove the assembly with care and place it in warm water. Use mild soap and warm water to thoroughly clean the assembly. Wipe the seal to remove excess water and place it out of the sunlight to air dry completely.
Do not move the humidifier when the chamber is filled with water. Always remove the tank from the humidifier and extract all of the water when preparing to travel. After the tank has been emptied, let the chamber air dry completely away from direct sunlight. When all the equipment is dry, place the device in a carry-on bag to help protect the unit. Per the manufacturer, the carrying bag cannot guarantee the safety of the equipment when checked as luggage, so use the bag as a carry-on only.
Compatible DreamStation Series Machines
My 5 yo DreamStation developed a click after inspiration. Replacing this part plus the additional seal solved the problem cheaply and effectively. more...
Easy to replace, although I have taken it out and washed in the past, it was 3 years old and needed replacing. more...
Ordered as a spare and appears to be good quality.
Uses less water now