"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERComes with cover, hose, and power supply. All for the same price my local DME charges for a regular hose."
August 16, 2016
Manufactured by Philips Respironics.
Philips Respironics has made available an upgrade kit to allow the PR System One 60 Series Non-Heated Tube Heated Humidifier to use the PR System One Heated Tube for 60 Series Machines improving the level of humidification delivered to the mask.
Please Note: This upgrade kit will work only with the PR 60 Series Non-Heated Tube Humidifier part number DS6H. It is not compatible with other PR System One Heated Humidifiers or humidifiers made by other manufacturers. See the Important Tips Tab for ways to identify a 60 Series machine.
This upgrade kit includes:
- Heated Tube for 60 Series Machines
- 60 Series Humidifier Conversion Lid
- 80 Watt Power Supply
- Instruction Kit
To power the heated hose, the conversion lid has an electrical pin connection that will be matched up the humidifier base during installation. The included 80 watt power supply is required to power the heated hose, machine and humidifier. The 80 watt power supply is approximately 1 1/2" longer than the 60 watt power supply and has "80 w" embossed on the top, flat surface.
Installation of the Upgraded Chamber Lid & Heated Tube on an existing PR System One Heated Humidifier:
- Open the humidifier lid and remove the chamber.
- With the lid raised, hold the base of the humidifier with one hand the center front of the lid with the other hand. Lift up and back on the lid to unsnap the lid from the base. There will be a snapping sound when removing the lid.
- Set the old lid aside.
- Line up the pins of the internal power connection of the new lid with the humidifier base pins located on the rear wall of the humidifier base.
- Snap the power cable into place on the humidifier base.
- Line up the pointy pins at the back of the humidifier lid with the slots at the back of the humidifier base. The lid should be held at an angle flush against the humidifier base.
- Push down on the lid to force the pins into place on the base.
- Insert the chamber as usual.
- Attach the new 60 Series Heated Tube lining up the power pin connection at the top of the port.
- Remove the 60 watt power supply and set aside.
- Use the 80 watt power supply kit included in the kit to power the machine and humidifier.
Machine Settings For Heated Tube Humdifier Usage
- Turn the dial on top of the machine to highlight "Setup" and push the dial to access the menu.
- "Heated tube humidification" must be set to "on".
- If it is set to "off", highlight "Heated tube humidification" and push the dial once to activate the menu item. Turn the dial to select "on". Push the dial to set the selection.
- Humidity level and Tube temperature may be changed here as well.
- Tube type defaults to "15H" when the heated tube is attached to the machine.
The manufacturer picture instructions may be viewed here: Installation of PR System One 60 Series Humidifier Upgrade Kit.
This Product Includes...
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
Click on this link to view the manufacturer instructions: Installation of PR System One 60 Series Humidifier Upgrade Kit.
Important Heating Note: The humidifier must be set to "System One humidification" to "on" to use the heated tube humidifier and tube. If System One humidification is set to "off" the heated tube humidifier and heated tube will not heat up for use. All settings are changed using the machine dial. See the user manual for instructions.
Compatibility Note: This Upgrade Kit is compatible only with the 60 Series Heated Humidifier. It is cannot be used with the original PR System One Humidifier.
Physical Characteristics of the PR 60 Series Equipment
There are physical characteristics which identify the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers. The humidifier used with the heated tube cannot physically be connected to any other versions of machine in the PR System One line. The heated tube is 72 inches in length.
Identifying PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers are charcoal gray with metallic silver side and instrument panels.
- Other PR System One units are dark gray with ivory colored side and instrument panels.
- The PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines have the words "System One" in raised or embossed letters stamped in silver on both the machine and humidifier.
- Other PR System One units do not have raised lettering, the branding information is painted onto the unit.
- Machine and Humidifier Connections
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers have a 6 pin connection between the machine and humidifier.
- Other PR System One Units have a 4 pin connection between the machine and humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers have a mechanical connection between the machine and humidifier
- Other PR System One Units have 2 tabs on the humidifier that fit into 2 slots on the machine.
- Model Number Reference
- Label identification example: the label on the bottom of the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP lists: "REMStar Auto"; "REF" of 560P; and Serial Number identified by "SN". The number 560 references the part number of the machine.
- The label on the bottom of other versions of System One machines lists: Machine name; "REF" that does not have the number "6" in the second position from the left; and Serial Number identified by "SN". For example the label on the bottom of a PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex lists "REMStar Auto" and "REF" of 550P. The number 550 references the part number of the machine.