Philips Respironics has made available an upgrade kit to allow the PR System One 60 Series Non-Heated Tube Heated Humidifier to use the PR System One Heated Tube for 60 Series Machines improving the level of humidification delivered to the mask.
Please Note: This upgrade kit will work only with the PR 60 Series Non-Heated Tube Humidifier part number DS6H. It is not compatible with other PR System One Heated Humidifiers or humidifiers made by other manufacturers. See the Important Tips Tab for ways to identify a 60 Series machine.
This upgrade kit includes:
- Heated Tube for 60 Series Machines
- 60 Series Humidifier Conversion Lid
- 80 Watt Power Supply
- Instruction Kit
To power the heated hose, the conversion lid has an electrical pin connection that will be matched up the humidifier base during installation. The included 80 watt power supply is required to power the heated hose, machine and humidifier. The 80 watt power supply is approximately 1 1/2" longer than the 60 watt power supply and has "80 w" embossed on the top, flat surface.
Installation of the Upgraded Chamber Lid & Heated Tube on an existing PR System One Heated Humidifier:
- Open the humidifier lid and remove the chamber.
- With the lid raised, hold the base of the humidifier with one hand the center front of the lid with the other hand. Lift up and back on the lid to unsnap the lid from the base. There will be a snapping sound when removing the lid.
- Set the old lid aside.
- Line up the pins of the internal power connection of the new lid with the humidifier base pins located on the rear wall of the humidifier base.
- Snap the power cable into place on the humidifier base.
- Line up the pointy pins at the back of the humidifier lid with the slots at the back of the humidifier base. The lid should be held at an angle flush against the humidifier base.
- Push down on the lid to force the pins into place on the base.
- Insert the chamber as usual.
- Attach the new 60 Series Heated Tube lining up the power pin connection at the top of the port.
- Remove the 60 watt power supply and set aside.
- Use the 80 watt power supply kit included in the kit to power the machine and humidifier.
Machine Settings For Heated Tube Humdifier Usage
- Turn the dial on top of the machine to highlight "Setup" and push the dial to access the menu.
- "Heated tube humidification" must be set to "on".
- If it is set to "off", highlight "Heated tube humidification" and push the dial once to activate the menu item. Turn the dial to select "on". Push the dial to set the selection.
- Humidity level and Tube temperature may be changed here as well.
- Tube type defaults to "15H" when the heated tube is attached to the machine.
The manufacturer picture instructions may be viewed here: Installation of PR System One 60 Series Humidifier Upgrade Kit.