PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
The next generation in the popular line of "BiPAP Auto" machines by Philips Respironics is the PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto. Adding to the list of established features, the 60 Series BiPAP Auto offers a new level of therapy comfort with the OPTIONAL System One 60 Series Heated Humidifier with Heated Tube. The enhanced humidification system considers the ambient humidity in the room to provide the desired therapy humidification without suffering rainout.
The PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto combines the proven comfort and therapy effectiveness found in the PR System One REMstar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex with the leading edge advancements in humidification offered with the optional System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube. This is an auto-titrating BiLevel machine that delivers two separate pressures that are adjusted throughout use, one for inhalation and one for exhalation.
- System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube - Optional
- Bi-Flex Pressure Relief
- System One Resistance Control
- Advanced Event Detection
- On Screen Data Display
System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube
The optional System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube has been redesigned to increase surface area for greater humidification output. The humidifier comes packaged with the Heated Tube which easily snaps on and off the humidifier port.
By adding the Heated Tube option to their breakthrough System One Humidity System, Philips Respironics has maximized comfort while managing rainout and potential water damage. The level of relative humidity delivered to the mask is adjusted by analyzing the ambient room temperature and machine airflow. The slim 15mm Heated Tube maintains the desired temperature evenly from the machine to the mask.
Use the on-screen menu to select one of three available levels of relative humidity (70, 80 or 90 percent). Next, adjust the control dial to choose from 5 levels of heated tube temperature, ranging from 4 to 16 degrees above room temperature. The optimum humidification level at the mask is easy to maintain when using this humidification assembly.
The System One Dry Box technology reduces the chance of water damage to the CPAP. Unique design features prevent water from exiting the chamber and entering the machine. The center air outlet port uses a one way valve. This location on the top of the chamber helps to minimize total water displacement. If water were to escape the chamber it is trapped by the Dry Box.
Bi-Flex Family Technology
Flex Technology is designed to enhance traditional BiPAP therapy by maintaining effective therapy at comfortable pressures. A user who is new to BiPAP equipment will find that Flex Technology makes adapting to therapy easier than when using a typical BiPAP machines. The natural breath-by-breath patterns enhances traditional therapy and improves compliance.
Bi-Flex makes the breathing cycle feel natural and comfortable. Flex Technology allows the System One 60 Series BiPAP Auto to track each breath and provide pressure relief during three critical points in the breathing cycle. Pressure is reduced by .5 increments during the transition from exhalation to inhalation, inhalation to exhalation and during exhalation.The Bi-Flex setting can be adjusted up to 1.5 H20 for maximum comfort.
System One Resistance Control
Phillips Respironics developed System One Resistance Control which allows their machines to reach optimal pressure by using a numbering system that lets the CPAP device recognize the mask that is used with treatment. It achieves accuracy and reliability by instructing the device to compensate for the specific mask type.
Advanced Event Detection and Response
Digital Auto-Trak Sensitivity is the brains behind Respironics' Flex Technology. A patented algorithm monitors breathing patterns and responds to abnormal pressure changes. The Auto-Trak system measures variable triggers and cycle thresholds, adjusted pressure automatically to provide effective sleep therapy.
The System One 60 Series BiPAP Auto is designed to identify and respond to symptoms beyond classic OSA parameters such as AHI and flow limitations. With the PR system, detection is expanded to include data on Snoring, Periodic Breathing and Respiratory Effort-Related Arousals (RERAs). Along with digital Auto-Trak Sensitivity and Flex Technology, the System One 60 Series BiPAP Auto can detect the breathing cycle and deliver comfortable pressures proactively.
Advanced event detection and response includes:
- Periodic Breathing
- Clear airway apnea
- Obstructed airway apnea
- Flow limitation
- Vibratory snore
- Large leak
The System One 60 Series BiPAP Auto not only detects these events, the REMstar Auto algorithm responds by automatically adjusting pressure levels to clear the apnea. Within a few seconds of recorded flow reduction, the PR BiPAP Auto pulses a series of pressures to determine if the apnea has been cleared. System One 60 Series BiPAP Auto responses include:
- Proactive Performance manages events in the early stages of flow limitation, which leads up to an actual obstruction or apnea. The Auto algorithm uses two airflow measurements to prevent pressures from becoming too high: ('P' Critical and 'P' Optimal).
- Leak Management is a comparison of average leak rate and the expected leak from a CPAP mask. Encore records significant losses above the expected leak rate as 'Large Leak' events and the BiPAP Auto reduces therapy pressure to re-establish the mask seal, preventing false apneas.
- Obstructive Apnea is defined as events that reduce 80% of airflow for a minimum of 10 seconds.
- Hypopnea is defined as events that reduce 40% of airflow for a minimum of 10 seconds.
- Flow Limitation is measured through four different baselines of the breathing waveform: Roundness, Flatness, Peak, and Shape. Most other BiPAPs only take into account Flatness and Shape.
- Snore or snoring can sometimes imitate a hypopnea event. Advanced detection allows the PR BiPAP Auto to measure vibrations and partial airway occlusions.
- RERAs differ from a Hypopnea or snoring event in that a RERA shows increasing respiratory effort with each breath, culminating in a shift in brain wave activity and not necessarily a result of obstruction. Periodic breathing conditions such as Cheyne-Stokes respiration and central apneas are distinguishable from obstructed apnea or snoring events.
- SmartRamp helps manage apnea events while users attempt to fall asleep. Unlike other BiPAPs, the PR BiPAP Auto can react to an event during Ramp Time.
Sleep data is available on the display screen of the 60 Series Pro. See the Apnea/Hypopnea Index, leak rate as well as the 7 and 30 day average pressure readings. Data is stored in both an on-board memory and a generic SD memory card.
Important Compatibility Note
The PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto can only be used with the optional 60 Series Heated Humidifier. The optional Heated Tube CANNOT BE used with any other PR System One machines and humidifiers. The external power supply used by a 60 Series system IS NOT compatible with other units in the Philips Respironics line of products.
The REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto is not compatible with earlier versions of the PR System One Heated Humidifier.
Further the Heated Humidifier and Heated Tube that interface with the PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto is not compatible with the PR System One REMstar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex or any other machines in the PR System One product line.
The 60 Series machines and humidifiers cannot physically be attached to earlier versions in the Philips Respironics line of products.
See the Important Tips tab on this product page for further information.
This Product Includes...
- System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto
- System One REMStar 60 Series Power Supply and Cord
- Carrying Case
- SD Memory Card
- Reusable Foam Filter (2)
- Patient Manual
- Clinical Quick Setup Guide
Available Modes: Auto Bilevel, Bilevel, CPAP
Pressure Range: 4-25 cm H2O (Auto Bilevel or Bilevel) 4-20 cm H2O (CPAP) (.5 increments)
Ramp Time: 0 to 45 min. (5-min. increments)
Starting Ramp Pressure: 4 to min. EPAP pressure
Dimensions - Machine Alone: 7 in L x 5.5 in W x 4 in H (18 cm L x 14 cm W x 10 cm H)
Dimensions - Machine with Heated Tube Humidifier: 10.75 in L x 6.5 in W x 4 in H (27 cm L x 16.5 cm W x 10 cm H)
Weight - Machine Alone: 3 lbs / 1.36kg
Dimensions of 60 Watt Power Supply (For Use Without Heated Tube) - Not Including Cord or Plug: 4.75 in x 2.75 in x 1.75 in
Weight of 60 Watt Power Supply - Not Including Cord: 14.72 oz (0.92 lbs)
Dimensions of 80 Watt Power Supply (For Use With Heated Tube) - Not Including Cord or Plug: 6 in x 2.75 in x 1.75 in
Weight of 80 Watt Power Supply (For Use With Heated Tube) - Not Including Cord: 1 lb 3.04 oz
AC Power Consumption (with 60 W power supply): 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.1 A max.
AC Power Consumption (with 80 W power supply): 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.0 A max.
DC Power Consumption: 12 VDC, 6.67 A
Altitude Compensation: Automatic - Maximum height 7500 feet.
Filters: Foam and optional ultra-fine
Device Set-Up: LCD/Control Wheel or Encore Software
Data Storage Capacity:
Compliance Meter: Breathing detection
Altitude compensation: Automatic
Electrical Requirements: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz , 12volt DC
European Voltage Usage: Yes, outlet adapters required
Warranty: Two years; replace with new
Max Exposure Heat for Machine: Machine should not be exposed to heat greater than 140 degrees Fahrenheit
Sound Level - Mask Leak Alert: 35 dB, +/- 2 dB
Required Settings: This machine does not have required settings.
Unless directed otherwise, CPAP.com will leave the PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex at the following default settings:
- Max IPAP: 25 cm H2O
- Min EPAP: 4 cm H2O
- Bi-Flex: 2
- Auto-On: On
- Auto-Off: Off
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: BiPAP Auto Bi-Flex Machine.
Important Compatibility Notes:
The 60 Series Heated Humidifier that interfaces with PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines CANNOT be used with any other machines made by Philips Respironics including other versions of the PR System One REMStar line of machines. It is compatible only with System One REMStar 60 Series Machines.
There are physical characteristics which identify the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers. The humidifier used with the heated tube cannot physically be connected to any other versions of machine in the PR System One line. The heated tube is 72 inches in length.
Identifying PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers are charcoal gray with metallic silver side and instrument panels.
- Other PR System One units are dark gray with ivory colored side and instrument panels.
- The PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines have the words "System One" in raised or embossed letters stamped in silver on both the machine and humidifier.
- Other PR System One units do not have raised lettering, the branding information is painted onto the unit.
- Machine and Humidifier Connections
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers have a 6 pin connection between the machine and humidifier.
- Other PR System One Units have a 4 pin connection between the machine and humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers have a mechanical connection between the machine and humidifier
- Other PR System One Units have 2 tabs on the humidifier that fit into 2 slots on the machine.
- Model Number Reference
- Label identification example: the label on the bottom of the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP lists: "REMStar Auto"; "REF" of 560P; and Serial Number identified by "SN". The number 560 references the part number of the machine.
- The label on the bottom of other versions of System One machines lists: Machine name; "REF" that does not have the number "6" in the second position from the left; and Serial Number identified by "SN". For example the label on the bottom of a PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex lists "REMStar Auto" and "REF" of 550P. The number 550 references the part number of the machine.
Power Supply and Cord Included
Philips Respironics includes the power supply and cord with the purchase of this machine. Find a black flap secured with a hook and loop fastener on the interior wall of the bag. By pulling on the fabric tab, the fastener will release. The power supply and cord are placed within the pocket.
The PR System One Heated Tube for 60 Series Machines is a heated hose that integrates with the 60 Series Heated Humidifier. The heated tube connects to electrical ports on the humidifier.
Not using the Heated Humidifier? The heated tube can still be used by connecting to ports on the air outlet on the side of the machine. In this configuration, the hose will not heat and will act as a standard hose.
In addition to this heated tube that works with the System One 60 Series Machines, a traditional CPAP hose can be used. Set the size of hose you will be using in the Set Up Menu under "Tubing Type". Select either 15 mm or 22 mm depending on the size tube being used.
System One Resistance Control Settings
Please reference this link to find the resistance control setting for the different Philips Respironics masks: System One Resistance Control Settings.
Side Cover Panel
PLEASE NOTE: The manufacturer does NOT include the side cover panel when a 60 Series machine and heated humidifier are purchased together as a set. This part may be purchased separately: Side Panel for PR System One 60 Series CPAP Machines. If the machine is used without the humidifier, this plate may be snapped onto the side of the machine.
Optional System One 60 Series Heated Tube Set-Up
Philips Respironics provides these instructions for setting up the heated tube: System One 60 Series Heated Tube Set-Up
PR System One Humidifier Modes PR System One REMstar 60 machines version 1.22 or higher has two humidification modes:
- Classic Humidification
- System One Humidification
Version Note: To determine the version of software installed on a PR System One REMStar 60 machine, unplug the machine and plug it back into an outlet. The version is displayed on the screen when the unit is first plugged into an outlet. The humidification settings are displayed only when a PR System One Heated Humidifier is attached to the machine.
Classic Mode Humidification
The Classic mode of humidification allows the CPAP user to control the heat setting on the humidifier. The user will select "Classic" mode settings C1,C2, C3, C4 or C5. The "C" in front of the humidification setting indicates "Classic". C1 is the lowest level of humidification and C5 is the highest level of humidification.
Please Note: If the PR System One Heated Tube for 60 Series Machines is attached to the humidifier the Classic mode humidification will not be offered, only System One Humidification mode. To use the Classic mode of humidification attach a non-heated tube to the humidifier.
System One Humidification Mode
The System One Humidification uses the technology of the system to set the level of humidification delivered. The machine makes the decision based on the humidity present in the room air. The CPAP user decides how much they want to receive. A setting of 1 delivers the lowest humidity level and a setting of 5 delivers the highest level. The humidification setting will show 1 - 5. The letter "C" will NOT precede the number.
Passover Humidification, Heat Off
To turn the heated humidifier off, set the humidifier to zero "0". The air from the machine will pass over the water in the chamber acting as a passover Humidifier.
Setting the Humidification Mode and Level:
- The humidifier menu will only show when the humidifier is attached to the machine.
- Using the wheel on the machine, select "Setup" menu.
- Scroll down the menu offerings to locate: "SYSTEM ONE humidification".
- Set to "On" to allow the technology of the machine to set the amount of humidification delivered to the system based on the setting of 1 -5. When in the SYSTEM ONE humidification mode there is no letter indicator next to the number.
- Set to "Off" to control the heat setting manually. The letter "C" is displayed in front of the humidification number to indicate "Classic". C1 is the lowest heat setting and C5 is the highest heat level.
- Set the humidification level by adjusting the number to the right of "Humidifier", the menu item below SYSTEM ONE humidification. 1 is the least and 5 is the most humidification.
Power Supply and DC Cable
Please Note: If the 60 Series BiPAP Auto machine is purchased individually it will include a 60 Watt power supply. If the 60 Series BiPAP Auto machine is purchased with the heated tube humidifier and heated tube, it will include an 80 Watt power supply. The 60 Watt power supply will not power the heated tube. If using the Heated Tube Humidifier and Heated Tube, the 80 Watt power supply must be used to successfully heat the tube. The 60 watt supply weighs 10.95 oz and is 4.5" L x 2.75" W x 3" H with the cord wrapped around. The 80 watt supply weighs 1 lb 3 oz and is 6" L x 2.75" W x 3.25" H with the cord wrapped around.
The External 80 Watt Power Supply for PR System One REMstar 60 Series Machines is NOT compatible with other versions of PR System One machines. The connection peg that plugs into the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machine is a specific size and will fit only this machine. The external power supply for this machine has different specifications than the External Power Supply for PR System One REMstar CPAP and BiPAP Machines used with other machines in the Philips Respironics lines. The Power Cord that plugs the external power supply into the wall outlet is the same for all System One Machine.
The Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines that is compatible with PR System One 60 Series Machines works ONLY PR System One 60 Series Machines. The 12 Volt DC Power Cord (connects CPAP to cigarette lighter socket) used with other PR System One machines IS NOT compatible with PR System One 60 Series Machines.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
This system operates automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on that power.
The user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver. World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
Optional DC Cable
The machine can operate using DC Power using the Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines. This cord is compatible ONLY with PR System One 60 Series Machines. The 12 Volt DC Power Cord (connects CPAP to cigarette lighter socket) used with other PR System One machines IS NOT compatible with PR System One 60 Series Machines.
The Freedom Travel CPAP Battery is currently the best battery on the market to power your 60 Series machine. It makes a native connection without needing to buy an inverter or extra equipment to make it work. The Freedom is the next generation of the C-100 travel battery and is designed to work well with your 60 Series.
This portable battery pack is an external lead acid battery that is the ultimate in power, portability and convenience. This battery kit comes with the Respironics battery and the Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines.
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available machines, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click on the question mark for a definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Travel CPAP Comparison Chart
APAP Comparison Chart
BiPAP Comparison Chart
- Browse Our Machine Product Categories. These categories show each machine our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in house opinion of the quality of the machine based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
CPAP Machine Category
APAP (Auto Adjusting) Machine Category
BiPAP (Two Pressure) Machine Category
Here are some other suggested actions to care for your machine:
- Keep the area around your machine clean by removing any dust from the area to improve the air quality delivered to your machine and to you.
- Keep the air intake of the machine unblocked. Curtains, bedding, and papers can easily block the air intake of your machine, reducing the airflow.
- If a humidifier is used with your therapy, do not pick up the machine with the humidifier attached. With most machines it is easy to spill water from the humidifier chamber into the machine causing damage. Manufacturer warranties are voided by water damage to the machine. To avoid this, remove the chamber from the humidifier and then remove the humidifier from the machine rather than transporting them together.
- If a humidifier is used, empty the water from the chamber every morning. Accidents happen. If a family pet or family member moves the machine and humidifier with water in the chamber it is more likely that water could be spilled into your machine. Water damage to a machine voids the manufacturer warranty.
CPAP air is an irritant - to one degree or another - to everyone. In some cases the irritation dries out the nasal passages and may cause bleeding. It may also cause swelling, excess mucous, congestion or sneezing. The irritation may create a very fertile ground for infections to begin. The irritation may be cumulative, building up over time. The only way to reduce the irritation is to add moisture.
Humidification is therefore a critical part of CPAP Therapy.
There are two types of humidifiers:
Cold (Passover) Humidifiers
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
- By Live Chat: Click on the Chat Now field in the lower right hand corner of the CPAP.com page. If after hours, click Leave a message to enter your question and we will get back in touch with you.
- By Phone: 800.356.5221 (%WeekDayStart% - %WeekDayEnd% CST Mon-Fri; %WeekEndStart% - %WeekEndEnd% CST Sat)
- Email Us: email@example.com
- By Fax: 866.353.2727
- Could not find what you were looking for? Please send us your question. Question Submission Form
Cleaning and changing filters is the only maintenance required for a CPAP machine.
The filters are located at the back of the machine at the air intake.
Disposable filters and bacteria filters are not intended to be cleaned but rather changed out, disposing of the used filter. Manufacturers recommend changing the disposable filter once a month, more frequently if used in a very dusty environment.
Here are some of our best selling BiPAP machines:
PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth
DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine
RESmart BPAP 25A Auto Bi-Level Machine
+ See More
The data capable machines not only let you know how many hours the machine was used, like pure compliance tracking machines, but also tracks advanced information such as AHI, leak rate, and average pressure (if using an APAP).
Depending on the machine, the information can be reviewed or accessed
- On Machine Screen Display. Machines that display advanced tracking using the on machine display allow for fast review of therapy metrics. Many people like to use the on screen display to check every morning. Information such as AHI and leak rate for the previous night are displayed allowing the user to make adjustments such as mask fit. The information provided on the on machine screen is usually average values over different time frames, such as 1 day (last night), 7 night, 30 nights, etc.
- SmartCode. SmartCode is a code that is accessed through the machine's display. This code is then inputted into the machine's product page on CPAP.com and a summary report is generated. You can see a Sample Report here. An example of an on machine display with the SmartCode is shown below. The only machine with advanced data capable SmartCode is the IntelliPAP AutoAdjust. The SmartCode provides therapy data averages for the following time frames: 1 day (last night), 7 day, 30 day, 90 day, and cumulative. This is like the information provided from the on screen display, however the information is displayed in chart format instead of a single number at a time.
- Optional External Software. Some machines have external software that can be used to download the data from the machine for detailed analysis. External software, unlike the on machine display or the SmartCode, allows you and your doctor to access any night of use. Further, the information for any given night can be analyzed hour by hour. This allows you and your doctor to look for patterns in your data through the night; for instance, do you tend to have more apneas in the early morning? Or do you begin to breathe with your mouth open in the middle of the night? Some external software is available for sale to patients, other software is only sold by the manufacturer to sleep professionals. External software may require other components to be able to get the information from the machine onto you computer with the software installed.
Compliance machines are basic machines which the manufacturers made to be able to track usage hours. Compliance tracking machines are a manufacturer response to Medicare requirements that mandate DME (Durable Medical Equipment) providers show the Medicare patient used the equipment for the required minimum number of hours set by Medicare. DME providers cannot continue to be paid by Medicare without this information.
There is one billing code for all CPAP and APAP machines. Therefore a DME will be paid the same from Medicare or insurance whether they provide a patient with a more expensive machine that is data capable with more comfort features or a basic compliance tracking machine. Therefore, compliance tracking machines are the most common type of machine that is provided to patients through local DMEs.
There is software created to show the compliance information from the machine, however CPAP.com does not recommend purchasing this software. This data will only tell you how many hours you actually used the machine. It will not tell you how effective your therapy is.
- CPAP machines which record full data (such as AHI and leak info): AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation Pro CPAP Machine
- ICON Premo CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart
- IntelliPAP Standard Plus CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- Luna CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend II Travel CPAP Machine
- Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
AutoPAP ("Autotitrating CPAP" or "APAP") machines which record full data:
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet For Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- Curasa Auto CPAP Machine with EUT
- DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine
- iCH Auto CPAP Machine with PVA and Built-In Heated Humidifier
- ICON Auto CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and SensAwake
- IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine
- Luna Auto CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ Auto CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™ Heated Humidifier for Her
- Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
- XT Auto CPAP Machine
- Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
BiLevel ("BiPAP") machines which record full data:
- AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine
- DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine
- IntelliPAP AutoBiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- IntelliPAP BiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart BPAP 25A Auto Bi-Level Machine with RESlex and Heated Humidifier
- S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine
- S9 VPAP™ S BiLevel Machine
The following are the different types of exhalation relief names by manufacturer.
- Philips Respironics = C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex and Bi-Flex
- Resmed = EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief)
- 3B Medical = RESlex
- Apex Medical = PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) Pressure Relief
- Curative Medical = EUT (Expiratory Unloading Technology)
- DeVilbiss = SmartFlex
- Fisher & Paykel = SensAwake Technology
- Human Design Medical = Z-Breathe
- Somnetics = EZEX
Here are some machines with an exhalation relief feature:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
Bi-Flex Easy Breathing Technology Visual Graph
Here are some machines with Bi-Flex:
DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine
PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth
Sleep laboratories and sleep disorder centers may be willing to make this pressure change. Just call a local hospital or ask your physician to recommend a sleep lab. Be sure to take your prescription.
A second way is to do it yourself. We sell manometers that are very portable, accurate, and simple to use. All the machines we sell come with instructions on how to set pressure to physician orders. Most patients have little trouble doing this themselves. If you need help we can talk you through the procedure. Contact us by phone at 1-800-356-5221.
Gauge Manometer (for pressure measurements)
Fisher and Paykel Water Column CPAP Manometer with HC325 Chamber
A third option is to ship the machine to us with the new prescription. We will set it and ship it back.
It is the law and good common sense to run all sleep disorder devices at the prescribed pressure. If you think your prescribed pressure is wrong, talk to your physician.
- One of the following words or phrases: "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
- Your inspiration pressure (Also called IPAP or breathing in pressure)
- Example: IPAP 13 CM/H20
- Example: IPAP 13
- Example: IPAP 4 CM/H20
- Example: IPAP 4
- Your expiration pressure (Also called EPAP or breathing out pressure)
- Example: EPAP 13 CM/H20
- Example: EPAP 13
- Example: EPAP 18 CM/H2O
- Example: EPAP 18
Here are some of our top selling BiPAP machines:
IntelliPAP BiLevel Machine with SmartCode
AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine
+ See More
- One of the following words or phrases: "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Inspiration pressure (IPAP) and expiration pressure (EPAP) are not required for a BiPAP Auto prescription.
Here are some of our top selling BiPAP Auto machines:
PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth
AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
IntelliPAP AutoBiLevel Machine with SmartCode
+ See More
Nasal congestion also leads to mouth breathing, which perpetuates the problem of dryness. If this is an issue for you, try a heated humidifier.
In our experience, it is common for CPAP users to report that their therapy is greatly enhanced by the use of a heated humidifier.
There are three types of heated humidifiers:
- Stand Alone Humidifiers
Stand Alone Humidifiers can be used with almost any machine as long as an integrated humidifier is not being used and the machine does NOT have a built in humidifier. The Fisher & Paykel HC150 Heated Humidifier With Hose, 2 Chambers and Stand is a stand alone heated humidifier that includes ambient tracking to keep the humidity consistent independent of room temperature.
- Integrated Humidifiers
Integrated Humidifiers connect directly to the machine the humidifier was made to be used with. This provides the convenience of being able to remove the humidifier from the machine for traveling or other purposes. Here are some of the integrated humidifiers we carry:
PR System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube
Transcend Heated Humidifier
XT Heated Humidifier
- Built In Humidifiers
Built In Humidifiers are permanently affixed to their machine and cannot be removed. The chamber can still be removed for cleaning, however the heating element is a part of the machine. The advantage of built in humidifiers is they generally take up less space than a machine with an integrated or stand alone humidifier. Here are some machines that have a built in humidifier:
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
ICON Auto CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart Heated Hose
iCH Auto CPAP Machine with PVA and Built-In Heated Humidifier
+ See More
Air flows from the CPAP through a short hose to the humidifier chamber where the air "passes over" the water to pick up whatever moisture it can. The air then flows into the six foot hose to the mask.
Passover humidifiers may provide sufficient moisture with CPAPs set at lower-end pressures. However, if the moisture is not sufficient there is no way to increase the amount of moisture added. The water is room temperature. In cold climates, the water temperature will drop causing the CPAP air to become very cold, and causing the amount of moisture to be reduced.
If distilled water is not available where you live, use bottled water. It will be important to clean the chamber each morning, do not leave standing water in the chamber between uses.
Extremely quiet...ramp up is very subtle...love my new machine
5 people found this helpful.
This is the only machine I have tried so I cannot make any comparisons but I can say it works more...
4 people found this helpful.
I have been using cpap machines for quite some time, and hands down this machine is worth everything it cost. more...
9 people found this helpful.
I like the auto part of the machine and am still getting adjustments made to the humidifier.
3 people found this helpful.
I had a Respironics CPAP machine and had to upgrade to BiPAP. The automatic pressure adjustment is absolutely amazing. more...
14 people found this helpful.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturerRespironicsPhilips RespironicsResMedTypeBiPAP AutoBiPAPBiPAP AutoWarranty2 Years2 Years2 YearsSound Level29 dB25.8 dBA26.6 dBAQuietYesYesYesManuals IncludedPatientPatientPatient/Quick Setup
DimensionsTravel SizedYesYesYesUnder 3 lbsYesYesYesMachine Weight2.8 lbs1.56 lbs2.75 lbsEntire Weight6 lbs4.37 lbs5.1 lbsEntire Size6.5" x 10.75" x 4"11.7" x 7.6" x 3.3"10.04" x 4.75" x 5.91"Entire Package Size8 " x 14.75" x 8"15" x 8.5" x 5.5"13.24" x 10" x 5"Machine Size Only7" x 5.5" x 4"6.2" x 7.6" x 3.3"NA
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierSystem One 60 SeriesDreamStation HumidifierHumidAirBuilt-In HumidifierNoNoYesHeated Humidifier TypeIntegratedIntegratedBuilt-InAmbient Rainout Reduction60 Series Heated TubeDreamStation Heated TubeAuto ClimateControlIntegrated Heated HoseYesYesClimateLineAirHumidifier Water Capacity325 mL325 mL380 mL
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentYesYesYesPressure Range4-25cm H2O4 - 25 cm H2O4-25 cm H2OEPAP Pressure Range4-25cm H2O4 - 25 cm H2O3-25 cm H2OEasy BreathingBi-FlexBi-FlexEPR with Easy-BreatheRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeIPAP=EPAPYesYesLeak CompensationYesYesYesMax Operating Altitude7,500 ft7,500 ft8,500 ft
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationYesYesYesVoltage Range100-240V AC100 - 240 V AC100-240VOptional DC CableYesYesYesIntegrated BatteryNoNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataMSDMSD, OSYesData CardYesYesYesOptional SoftwareEncoreViewerDreamMapperResScan
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentAutoYesYesAuto ON/OFFYesYesYesMask Off AlertLCD; ALARMNoNoSpontaneousNoNoYesTimedNoNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesYesYesBacklight Shuts OffYesYesYes