Atmospheric Pressure: 77 to 101 kPa (0 - 7500 ft.)
Standards Compliance: This humidifier is designed to conform to the following standards: IEC 60601-1 General Requirements for Safety of Medical Electrical Equipment EN ISO 8185 General Requirements for Humidification Systems
Type of Protection Against Electric Shock: Class II Equipment
Degree of Protection Against Electric Shock: Type BF Applied Part
Equipment Type: IPX1: Drip Proof Equipment
Mode of Operation: Continuous
Electromagnetic Compatibility: The device meets the requirements of EN 60601-1-2, 2nd edition.
Pressure Drop with Humidifier: (max.) 0.3cm H2O at 60 LPM flow
Humidity min Output: 10 mg H2O/L, measured at max flow, 35º C, 15% RH
Disposal: When necessary, dispose of the humidifier in accordance with local regulations.
Heated Tubing Specifications
Maximum Recommended Pressure: 25 cm H20
Power Supply and DC Cable
The External 80 Watt Power Supply for PR System One REMstar 60 Series Machines included in this product is NOT compatible with other versions of PR System One machines. The connection peg that plugs into a PR System One REMStar 60 Series machine is a specific size and will fit only these machines. The external power supply for these machines has different specifications than the External Power Supply for PR System One REMstar CPAP and BiPAP Machines used with other machines in the Philips Respironics lines. The Power Cord that plugs the external power supply into the wall outlet is the same for all System One machines.
Please Note This product includes:
- PR System One Heated Tube for 60 Series Machines
- 80 Watt External Power Supply
Philips Respironics packages their System One 60 Series machines sold without a humidifier with a 60 Watt External Power Supply. The 60 Watt power supply will not power the heated tube. When using the heated tube the 80 Watt External Power Supply included in with this humidifier must be used to successfully heat the tube. If a heated tube is not heating, check to be certain the 80 Watt power supply is being used.
Philips Respironics is developing a DC power cord for the 60 Series Machines but it is not yet available. When the DC power cord compatible with the PR System One 60 Series Machines is available it will be carried by CPAP.com. The 12 Volt DC Power Cord (connects CPAP to cigarette lighter socket) used with other PR System One machines is NOT compatible with the PR System One 60 Series Machines.
Identifying PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines
There are physical characteristics that identify a PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machine. The humidifier capable of being used with the heated tube cannot physically be connected to any other version of machine in the PR System One line. The heated tube is 72 inches in length.
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines are charcoal gray with metallic silver side and instrument panels.
- Other PR System One units are dark gray with ivory-colored side and instrument panels.
Machine and Humidifier Connections
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines have the words "System One" in raised or embossed letters stamped in silver on both the machine and humidifier.
- Other PR System One units do not have raised lettering, the branding information is painted onto the unit.
Model Number Reference
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines have a 6 pin connection between the machine and humidifier.
- Other PR System One Units have a 4 pin connection between the machine and humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines have a mechanical connection between the machine and humidifier
- Other PR System One Units have 2 tabs on the humidifier that fit into 2 slots on the machine.
- The label on the bottom of the machine lists the part number. For instance, the label on the bottom of the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP lists: "REMStar Auto"; "REF" of 560P; and Serial Number identified by "SN". The number 560 references the part number of the machine.
- The label on the bottom of other versions of System One machines lists: Machine name; "REF" that does not have the number "6" in the second position from the left; and Serial Number identified by "SN". For example the label on the bottom of a PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex lists "REMStar Auto" and "REF" of 550P. The number 550 references the part number of the machine.
System One 60 Series Heated Tube Set-Up
Philips Respironics provides these instructions for setting up the heated tube: System One 60 Series Heated Tube Set-Up
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
In addition to the Heated Hose that works with the System One 60 Series Machines, a traditional CPAP hose can be used. Set the size of hose you will be using in the Set-Up Menu under "Tubing Type". Select either 15 mm or 22 mm depending on the size tube being used.
Maximum Fill Level Tips
- Do not fill the water tank above the maximum fill line. Damage to the humidifier or therapy device may occur. If the water tank is overfilled, water may leak out of the tank inlet (located on the back of the tank) when installing the tank lid.
- Use only room temperature distilled water in the tank. Do not put any chemicals or additives into the water. Possible airway irritation or damage to the water tank may result.
- Remove the tank, empty all water, and replace the empty tank before transporting the humidifier base.
- Do not attempt to fill the water tank while it is inside the humidifier.
- To avoid spilling, do not disconnect the humidifier from the therapy device with water in the tank. Remove the water tank from the humidifier before disconnecting the therapy device.
- Do not turn the humidifier on without the water tank installed. The Humidifier number setting must remain on 0 if there is no water in the water tank.
- The humidifier door must be set in the open position before removing the water tank. Do not remove the water tank without making sure that the humidifier door locks into the open position.
- Do not move the humidifier while the water tank has water in it.
Philips Respironics System One Humidifier Modes PR System One REMstar 60 machines version 1.22 or higher has two humidification modes:
- Classic Humidification
- System One Humidification
Version Note: To determine the version of software installed on a PR System One REMStar 60 machine, unplug the machine and plug it back into an outlet. The version is displayed on the screen when the unit is first plugged into an outlet. The humidification settings are displayed only when a PR System One Heated Humidifier is attached to the machine.
Classic Mode Humidification
The Classic mode of humidification allows the CPAP user to control the heat setting on the humidifier. The user will select "Classic" mode settings C1,C2, C3, C4 or C5. The "C" in front of the humidification setting indicates "Classic". C1 is the lowest level of humidification and C5 is the highest level of humidification.
Please Note: If the PR System One Heated Tube for 60 Series Machines is attached to the humidifier the Classic mode humidification will not be offered, only System One Humidification mode. To use the Classic mode of humidification attach a non-heated tube to the humidifier.
System One Humidification Mode
The System One Humidification uses the technology of the system to set the level of humidification delivered. The machine makes the decision based on the humidity present in the room air. The CPAP user decides how much they want to receive. A setting of 1 delivers the lowest humidity level and a setting of 5 delivers the highest level. The humidification setting will show 1 - 5. The letter "C" will NOT precede the number.
Passover Humidification, Heat Off
To turn the heated humidifier off, set the humidifier to zero "0". The air from the machine will pass over the water in the chamber acting as a passover Humidifier.
Setting the Humidification Mode and Level:
- The humidifier menu will only show when the humidifier is attached to the machine.
- Using the wheel on the machine, select "Setup" menu.
- Scroll down the menu offerings to locate: "SYSTEM ONE humidification".
- Set to "On" to allow the technology of the machine to set the amount of humidification delivered to the system based on the setting of 1 -5. When in the SYSTEM ONE humidification mode there is no letter indicator next to the number.
- Set to "Off" to control the heat setting manually. The letter "C" is displayed in front of the humidification number to indicate "Classic". C1 is the lowest heat setting and C5 is the highest heat level.
- Set the humidification level by adjusting the number to the right of "Humidifier", the menu item below SYSTEM ONE humidification. 1 is the least and 5 is the most humidification.