"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERThis machine came set up and ready to go right out of the box. It is so quiet that my wife keeps asking if it is even working! Best sleep in months."
May 17, 2016
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERThis is an outstanding product and I am glad I made the decision to buy this model to replace my Series 7 Elite. So easy to use, quiet and effective."
July 18, 2016
The AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier by ResMed builds upon previous successes and adds innovative new features sure to impress. The heated humidifier is built in making it 23% lighter than former models and features increased levels of custom humidification.
Manufactured by ResMed.
3% of CPAP Machine product buyers choose this product.
The AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ is a polished looking machine and built-in humidifier designed with user experience in mind. Easily understood menus, SmartStart™, and quiet operations are a few of the features that make this CPAP a great option. This is a single pressure CPAP machine that does not auto-adjust.
- HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- OPTIONAL ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tube
- Color LCD Display
- Integrated Light Sensor
- Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR™)
- Therapy Data
HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
The AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine has a heating plate built in so the water chamber can be attached directly to the machine for a minimal footprint. The humidifier can be set to 9 different settings: off, and 1 through 8 with 1 being the lowest level of humidification, and 8 being the highest.
Take humidification to the next level by adding the OPTIONAL ClimateLineAir integrated heated tube to maintain the temperature of the entire air circuit. The Auto Climate Control mode will consider the room temperature and adjust the level of humidification delivered to the mask.
One of the most innovative features of the AirSense™ 10 line is AutoRamp™ technology. Algorithms allow the machine to sense when the user is awake or asleep, and once asleep will comfortably rise to the full prescribed pressure. See the Important Tips tab of this page for a more detailed explanation of the AutoRamp™ setting.
For added convenience the AirSense™ 10 CPAP features SmartStart™ technology. Simply put on the mask and start breathing and the machine will begin therapy. Similarly, when the mask is taken off, the machine will register the user is no longer using the machine and turn off.
Color LCD Display with Integrated Light Sensor
The LCD display of the AirSense™ 10 CPAP features vibrant colors to help clearly identify different stages of therapy. A blank circle fills with green as therapy pressure ramps up. Green and red faces indicate proper or poor mask fit and are also used to indicate if the humidifier is working properly.
The machine also features a integrated light sensor which allows the screen to adjust brightness automatically when ambient light changes. If a restroom break is needed in the middle of the night, the screen won't blind with brightness, and in the morning it won't be too dim to read how therapy went. In addition, the screen will automatically turn off after a short time to avoid extra light in a dark room.
Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR™)
Now a mainstay on ResMed machines, EPR™ is intended to make therapy more comfortable. Breathing out against full prescribed pressure can sometimes be uncomfortable. EPR™ steps in and helps by lowering the pressure by a set amount on exhalation.
The AirSense™ 10 CPAP provides basic therapy data on the LCD Display such as Usage Hours, Events per Hour, Mask Seal, Period, Days Used, Days 4hrs+, Average Usage, Used Hours. The data provided is ONLY for clarification purposes, and is not a substitute for medical advice.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- CPAP Machine
- Built-In HumidAire Heated Humidifier
- Standard Humidifier Chamber
- SlimLine Tubing - 15mm Diameter
- Power Supply and Cord
- Travel Bag
- 1- Standard Filter (Installed)
- Filter Cover
- SD Card - Inserted in Machine
- Patient Manual
Weight - Machine with Water Chamber: 2.75 lbs (44 oz.)
Dimensions - Machine with Water Chamber: 10.04 in L x 4.57 in W x 5.91 in H
Weight - Standard Chamber: .54 lb
Weight - Machine with Side Cover (Without Water Chamber): Approx. 2.452 lbs
Dimensions - Machine with Side Cover (Without Water Chamber): Approx. 8 in L x 4.57 in W x 5.91 in H
Dimensions - Travel Bag: 13.24 in L x 10 in W x 5 in H
Weight - Travel Bag Alone: 1.18 lb
Weight - Machine with Humidifier; Power Supply and Cord; SlimLine Tube; Travel Bag: Approximately 5.1 lbs
Weight - Machine with Humidifier; Power Supply and Cord; OPTIONAL ClimateLineAir Tube; Travel Bag: Approximately 5.25 lbs
Sound Level: 26.6 dBA
Water Chamber Capacity: 380 mL
Weight - 90W Power Supply, Cord and Plug: 1.29 lb
Dimensions - 90W Power Supply Only (Not including Cor or Plug): 5 1/2 in x 1 7/8 in x 1 1/4 in
AC Input Range - 90W Power Supply: 100 - 240V, 50 - 60Hz, 1.0 - 1.5A, Class II
DC Output - 90 W Power Supply: 24V --- 3.75A
Typical Power Consumption: 53W (57VA)
Peak Power Consumption: 104W (108VA)
Operating Pressure: 4 - 20 cm H2O (0.2 cm increments)
Length - SlimLine Tubing: 6 feet
Materials - SlimLine Tubing: Flexible Plastic
Materials - Standard Water Chamber: Injection Molded Plastic, Aluminum , Silicone Seal
Materials - Dishwasher Safe Water Chamber: Injection Molded Plastic, Stainless Steel, Silicone Seal
Materials - Standard Filter: Polyester non-woven fiber
Temperature Range - Optional ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tube: 60 - 80° F (16 - 30° C)
Operating Temperature: 41° F - 95° F (5° C - 35° C)
Storage and Transport Temperature: -4° F - 140° F (-20° C - 60° C)
Operating Humidity: 10% - 95% Relative Humidity, non-condensing
Storage and Transport Humidity: 5% - 95% relative Humidity, non-condensing
Operating Altitude: Sea Level - 8500 Feet (2,591 M); Air pressure range 1013 hPa - 738 hPa
Maximum Temperature - Heating Plate: 154° F (68° C)
Maximum Temperature - Cut Out: 165° F (74° C)
Maximum Gas Temperature: Less than or Equal to 106° F (? 41° C)
IEC 60601-1:2005 Classification: Class II (Double Insulation), Type BF, Ingress protection IP22
Machine Warranty: 2 Years
Patient Weight: Greater than 66 lbs
The chamber should be taken apart and hand washed weekly using warm water and a mild detergent. It should be rinsed well and allowed to air dry out of direct sunlight before reassembling. The chamber should not be washed in a dishwasher or washing machine. The SlimLine hose should be washed in the same manner and allowed to completely dry out of direct sunlight before reattaching to the machine and mask.
Required Settings: 1 Pressure Setting is Required
Unless directed otherwise, CPAP.com will leave this machine at its default settings of:
- Ramp: Auto
- Start Pressure: 4 cm H2O
- Humidity Level: 4
- Mask Type: Pillows
- EPR: Off
- SmartStart: Off
- Tube Type: Slimline
- Antibacterial Filter: No
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- ResMed products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: AirSense 10 User Guide.
FAA Compliance Letter: To view the FAA compliance letter for the AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier, click here.
Travel Bag TipsAs of early 2015, the AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier comes with an upgraded travel bag. The improved design is bigger, measuring 13.24 in long, 12 in wide, and 5 in tall. The larger space allows the user to pack and protect their machine as well as the accessories for the machine, such as a mask. There is a zippered compartment located between the lid and the base of the bag. The included SlimLine™ hose is located in this compartment. An image of a hose is placed along the compartment to note it is the location where the user can safely store the hose. Additional images are placed on the flap near the edge of the bag. These pictures signify the designated location for the power cord and the mask.
Do not fill the water chamber past the max fill line as this could result in water entering and damaging the device. Allow the water chamber to cool for ten minutes after use before handling as it could be too hot to the touch. The machine will display a blue snowflake in the upper right of the screen while cooling is taking place. The water chamber should be washed weekly using warm water and a mild detergent, rinsed well, and allowed to dry out of direct sunlight. The standard water chamber included is not dishwasher safe and should only be hand washed. To view a dishwasher safe chamber, see the Dishwasher Safe Water Chamber for AirSense™ 10 Humidair™ Heated Humidifier.
If the integrated heated humidifier is not being used, purchase the Side Cover for AirSense™ 10, AirStart™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machines separately in order to enclose the machine opening. The side cover is not needed to operate the machine.
How to Determine if the Water Chamber is Dishwasher Safe?
AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 machines denote the water chamber model with an "S" or "C" label. Look directly above the maximum fill line located on the side of the chamber to find the word HumidAir™ and the corresponding letter embossed into the tank.
- If the water chamber is dishwasher safe, the chamber will appear as HumidAir C, which represents a cleanable tank.
- If the water chamber is the standard model, the chamber will appear as HumidAir S, which represents a standard tank.
Either a 15mm (Slim) hose or a 22mm (Standard) hose may be used with the AirSense™ 10 line of machines. The machine must be changed to the proper setting to ensure accurate therapy pressure. Also available is the optional ClimateLineAir™ heated hose which will instantly activate the Auto Climate Control feature when connected to the machine.
A SlimLine™ hose is included with the purchase of the AirSense™ 10 CPAP machine. The hose is found in the interior, zipped compartment of the travel bag. The zippered nook is located at the point where the cover meets the bottom of the travel bag at the back of the machine compartments.
The AirSense™ 10 CPAP machines feature AutoRamp™ technology. Unlike traditional ramp features that will slowly ramp up pressure over a set amount of time, AutoRamp™ will stay at the set starting pressure until it senses the user is asleep. The default starting pressure is 4 cm H2O. Once the user is asleep, it will then start ramping 1 cm H2O per minute until it reaches the full prescribed pressure. AutoRamp™ will always reach the full prescribed pressure within 30 minutes, so even if not asleep, the machine will start to ramp in 1 cm H2O increments every minute to reach the full prescribed pressure at the 30 minute mark. Additionally, the AirSense 10 CPAP machines can be set to a traditional ramp if needed, or turned off altogether.
Per the manufacturer, the SmartStart™ technology may not function as intended when used with a nasal pillow mask and a pressure setting of 7 cm H2O or less. If the feature does not appear to be functioning, this comfort feature can be turned off. Please refer to the User Guide for more information.
Airplane Mode Tips
Please note, the AirSense Line of machines include a built in wireless modem giving the machine data transfer capabilities over a wireless cellular network. The wireless modem will automatically connect if the machine's "Airplane Mode" is turned to "Off". For privacy concerns, CPAP.com will ship the machine with airplane mode "On" so that sleep data information will not be transmitted unintentionally over the wireless network. If Airplane mode is turned "Off", sleep data could be transmitted to ResMed's servers.
PLEASE NOTE: The AirView data transfer system is for use only in North America. It cannot be used to transmit data wirelessly outside of North America. The SD card that accompanies the machine can be used to store and share data.
SD Card Location
The included SD card comes installed in the machine ready to use. While looking at the machine with the display facing forward, the SD card is located under the upper flap with the blue "SD" logo on the left side of the machine.
Features Summary for the AirSense Line of Machines
- ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Single pressure CPAP machine with included HumidAir Humidifier. Can be set only in CPAP mode and CPAP mode with EPR. Compliance sleep data along with AHI. Only available in black.
- AirSense 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Single pressure CPAP machine with included HumidAir Humidifier. Can be set only in CPAP mode and CPAP mode with EPR. Compliance sleep data plus advanced data on the screen. Only available in black.
- AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Auto-adjusting CPAP machine with standard AutoSet algorithm with included HumidAir Humidifier. Can be set in Auto mode with standard AutoSet algorithm, Auto mode with standard AutoSet algorithm with EPR, CPAP mode and CPAP mode with EPR. Only the standard AutoSet algorithm is available on this machine. Compliance sleep data plus advanced data on the screen. Only available in black.
- AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Auto-adjusting CPAP machine with standard AutoSet algorithm with included HumidAir Humidifier. Can be set in AutoSet For Her algorithm OR standard AutoSet algorithm , Auto mode, Auto mode with EPR, CPAP mode and CPAP mode with EPR. Compliance sleep data plus advanced data on the screen. Only available in white.
For a detailed chart outlining the differences between machines in the AirSense 10 series, please click here.
This machine comes with a 2 year manufacturer warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
Battery Power for AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine
The following information is applicable for the ResMed AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with or without the humidifier turned on. Keep in mind that using the heated humidifier will reduce the run time of a battery by approximately half.
- DC capable: Use the DC Converter 24V 90W For AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines to operate the AirSense™ 10 CPAP from a DC power source (battery).
- ResMed Power Station II Battery Kit for AirSense™ 10 & AirCurve™ 10 CPAP Machines: Use this complete kit including: the lithium-ion battery, the compatible DC cable, and the PSU adapter to power a ResMed AirSense™ 10 or AirCurve™ 10 machine when AC power is not available.
- Medistrom Pilot-24 Lite This battery is the ideal way to power the AirSense 10 off-the-grid, as it does not require using an inverter, and the necessary connection cable is included standard with the battery.
The DC Converter 24V 90W For AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines is required to use the following machines with DC power directly from a battery:
- AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet for Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Failure to use the ResMed DC Converter 24V 90W For AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines can damage the machines.
This lightweight Lithium-Ion battery has become the ideal way to power the AirSense 10, as it doesn't require using an inverter or any special equipment to power the AirSense 10. The correct cable to make the connection is included with the battery, and aside from the battery itself, there's nothing else to buy.
This battery kit includes a fast-charging lithium ion battery designed to charge 95% of the battery in less than four hours. The battery is designed to alert the user when the battery is low by sending a visual and audible alert to the charge display on the RPS II. To have double the run time, add a second RPS Battery Cell. Please Note: The Battery Coupler Kit for ResMed Power Station (RPS) II is needed to connect the batteries.
The PSU Adapter for the ResMed AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Series is included in this kit. Use the adapter to charge the battery with the External 90 Watt Power Supply for ResMed AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Series CPAP and BiPAP Machines.
The RPS II Battery Kit for AirSense 10™ and AirCurve™ 10 machines comes with a carry bag. When using the double configuration, the bag will hold an additional battery cell. An access panel designed into the bag, allows the battery to be charged or used while it is inside the travel bag.
Freedom Battery Compatible
The Freedom Travel Battery, replaces the C-100 Travel Battery and is extremely lightweight, weighing in at only 1.7 pounds. It is compatible with the AirSense 10 by using a 24 Volt Power Converter for the Air Sense 10, which you can find here: Air Sense 10 24 V Converter. The manufacturer states that the Freedom Battery will last 1 - 2 nights depending on several factors such as pressure setting and whether or not humidification is used.
Deep Cycle Car and Boat Batteries
Deep Cycle Car and Boat Batteries are the same type of batteries that can be used with cars and boats. These are lead acid batteries that CPAP.com does not sell. Deep Cycle Car and Boat Batteries are typically sold at auto parts stores.