"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERThis is a quiet and reliable machine. Easy to travel with and use anywhere!"
December 24, 2016
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERFantastic machine. The noise level is better than the S9. It is well worth the price."
December 5, 2015
The AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier is the premium single pressure machine in ResMed's AirSense™ line of machines. The HumidAir™ humidification system is integrated with the machine so there are less parts to the system, making it 23% lighter than former models. The OPTIONAL heated ClimateLineAir™ Tube enhances humidification and reduces rainout.
Manufactured by ResMed.
2% of CPAP Machine product buyers choose this product.
The AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier is a single pressure machine and built in heated humidifier with advanced therapy features. This is a single pressure CPAP machine which delivers a set pressure during use. This machine does not automatically adjust to change the pressure.
- Integrated HumidAir™ Humidifier
- OPTIONAL ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tube
- Included SD Card
- EPR™ Pressure Relief
- Color LCD Display
- My Options Menu
- Integrated Light Sensor
- Advanced Sleep Data Reporting
Built In HumidAir™ Humidifier and OPTIONAL ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tube
ResMed has integrated the HumidAir™ humidifier into the machine making it smaller and easy to manage. Select a setting of 1 - 8 to get customized humidification.Or, set the humidifier to zero to turn it off. Add the optional ClimateLineAir™ heated tube which will set the humidifier to "Auto" and allow the humidity control technology to set the optimal humidification with very little rainout.
Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR™)
ResMed's EPR™ feature offers a more natural delivery of pressure to soften the air flow. The machine smooths the breathing cycle by monitoring the breathing pattern and matches the inspiratory and expiratory cycle of the user. The EPR can be set to three different levels or turned off.
My Options Menu and LCD Display
The AirSense™ 10 Elite has a colored LCD display and easy to read menus. Select the menu item on the screen by turning the easy grip dial. Selecting the My Options menu shows the current settings and lets the user modify settings including:
- Ramp time - Ease into therapy with a period of lower pressure. Or select AutoRamp™ and the machine senses when sleep begins.
- Humidity Level - Set humidity between 1 (lowest) & 8 (highest), or turn it off.
- Mask Fit - Runs a seal integrity check showing green smiling face or red frowning face.
- Pressure Relief - Eases the pressure when exhaling
- SmartStart™ - Therapy automatically starts when it senses breathing
- Mask Type - Set mask type being used: Nasal; Nasal Pillow; Full Face Mask
- Run Warmup - Preheat the humidifier water before starting therapy
An integrated light sensor reads the light in the room and adjusts the screen brightness automatically. When the lights in the room are turned off, the screen dims and then, after a few seconds, goes dark. No bright display screen to disturb sleep.
Advanced Data with SD Card
The AirSense™ 10 Elite will display the following advanced therapy data on the machine display through the "More Info" option in the "Sleep Report" menu:
- Usage Data
- Events Per Hour
- Average Usage
- Leak Rate
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- CPAP Machine
- Built-In HumidAire Heated Humidifier
- Standard Humidifier Chamber
- SlimLine Tubing - 15mm Diameter
- Power Supply and Cord
- Travel Bag
- 1- Standard Filter (Installed)
- Filter Cover
- SD Card - Inserted in Machine
- Patient Manual
Weight - Machine with Water Chamber: 2.75 lbs (44 oz.)
Dimensions - Machine with Water Chamber: 10.04 in L x 4.57 in W x 5.91 in H
Weight - Standard Chamber: .54 lb
Weight - Machine with Side Cover (Without Water Chamber): Approx. 2.452 lbs
Dimensions - Machine with Side Cover (Without Water Chamber): Approx. 8 in L x 4.57 in W x 5.91 in H
Dimensions - Travel Bag: 13.24 in L x 10 in W x 5 in H
Weight - Travel Bag Alone: 1.18 lb
Weight - Machine with Humidifier; Power Supply and Cord; SlimLine Tube; Travel Bag: Approximately 5.1 lbs
Weight - Machine with Humidifier; Power Supply and Cord; OPTIONAL ClimateLineAir Tube; Travel Bag: Approximately 5.25 lbs
Sound Level: 26.6 dBA
Water Chamber Capacity: 380 mL
Weight - 90W Power Supply, Cord and Plug: 1.29 lb
Dimensions - 90W Power Supply Only (Not including Cor or Plug): 5 1/2 in x 1 7/8 in x 1 1/4 in
AC Input Range - 90W Power Supply: 100 - 240V, 50 - 60Hz, 1.0 - 1.5A, Class II
DC Output - 90 W Power Supply: 24V --- 3.75A
Typical Power Consumption: 53W (57VA)
Peak Power Consumption: 104W (108VA)
Operating Pressure: 4 - 20 cm H2O (0.2 cm increments)
Length - SlimLine Tubing: 6 feet
Materials - SlimLine Tubing: Flexible Plastic
Materials - Water Chamber: Injection Molded Plastic, Stainless Steel, Silicone Seal
Materials - Standard Filter: Polyester non-woven fiber
Temperature Range - Optional ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tube: 60 - 80° F (16 - 30° C)
Operating Temperature: 41° F - 95° F (5° C - 35° C)
Storage and Transport Temperature: -4° F - 140° F (-20° C - 60° C)
Operating Humidity: 10% - 95% Relative Humidity, non-condensing
Storage and Transport Humidity: 5% - 95% relative Humidity, non-condensing
Operating Altitude: Sea Level - 8500 Feet (2,591 M); Air pressure range 1013 hPa - 738 hPa
Maximum Temperature - Heating Plate: 154° F (68° C)
Maximum Temperature - Cut Out: 165° F (74° C)
Maximum Gas Temperature: Less than or Equal to 106° F (? 41° C)
IEC 60601-1:2005 Classification: Class II (Double Insulation), Type BF, Ingress protection IP22
Machine Warranty: 2 Years
Patient Weight: Greater than 66 lbs
The chamber should be taken apart and hand washed weekly using warm water and a mild detergent. It should be rinsed well and allowed to air dry out of direct sunlight before reassembling. The chambers should not be washed in a dishwasher or washing machine. The SlimLine hose should be washed in the same manner and allowed to completely dry out of direct sunlight before reattaching to the machine and mask.
Required Settings: 1 Pressure Setting is Required
Unless directed otherwise, CPAP.com will leave this machine at its default settings of:
- Ramp: Auto
- Start Pressure: 4 cm H2O
- Humidity Level: 4
- Mask Type: Pillows
- EPR: Off
- SmartStart: Off
- Tube Type: Slimline
- Antibacterial Filter: No
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- ResMed products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: AirSense 10 User Guide.
FAA Compliance Letter: To view the FAA compliance letter for the AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier, click here.
Travel Bag Tips
As of early 2015, the AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier comes with an upgraded travel bag. The improved design is bigger, measuring 13.24 in long, 12 in wide, and 5 in tall. The larger space allows the user to pack and protect their machine as well as the accessories for the machine, such as a mask. There is a zippered compartment located between the lid and the base of the bag. The included SlimLine™ hose is located in this compartment. An image of a hose is placed along the compartment to note it is the location where the user can safely store the hose. Additional images are placed on the flap near the edge of the bag. These pictures signify the designated location for the power cord and the mask.
Do not fill the water chamber past the max fill line as this could result in water entering and damaging the device. Allow the water chamber to cool for ten minutes after use before handling as it could be too hot to the touch. The machine will display a blue snowflake in the upper right of the screen while cooling is taking place. The water chamber should be washed weekly using warm water and a mild detergent, rinsed well, and allowed to dry out of direct sunlight. The standard water chamber included is not dishwasher safe and should only be hand washed. To view a dishwasher-safe chamber, see the Dishwasher Safe Water Chamber for AirSense™ 10 Humidair™ Heated Humidifier.
If the integrated heated humidifier is not being used, purchase the Side Cover for AirSense™ 10, AirStart™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machines separately in order to enclose the machine opening. The side cover is not needed to operate the machine.
How to Determine if the Water Chamber is Dishwasher Safe?
AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 machines denote the water chamber model with an "S" or "C" label. Look directly above the maximum fill line located on the side of the chamber to find the word HumidAir™ and the corresponding letter embossed into the tank.
- If the water chamber is dishwasher safe, the chamber will appear as HumidAir C, which represents a cleanable tank.
- If the water chamber is the standard model, the chamber will appear as HumidAir S, which represents a standard tank.
Either a 15mm (Slim) hose or a 22mm (Standard) hose may be used with the AirSense™ 10 line of machines. The machine must be changed to the proper setting to ensure accurate therapy pressure. Also available is the optional ClimateLineAir™ heated hose which will instantly activate the Auto Climate Control feature when connected to the machine.
A SlimLine™ hose is included with the purchase of the AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP machine. The hose is found in the interior, zipped compartment of the travel bag. The zippered nook is located at the point where the cover meets the bottom of the travel bag at the back of the machine compartments.
Tube Brush Compatibility with ClimateLine Hoses
The CPAP Tube Brush Second Gen is not compatible with the following tubes:
- ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tube for AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines
- ClimateLineAir™ Oxy Heated Tube for AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines
While the tube brush can certainly be used to clean the ClimateLine hose models, it's not able to make the 90-degree turn at the machine connection end and will be unable to clean the entire tube. The tube brush is fully compatible with all other hose models.
The AirSense™ 10 CPAP machines feature AutoRamp™ technology. Unlike traditional ramp features that will slowly ramp up pressure over a set amount of time, AutoRamp™ will stay at the set starting pressure until it senses the user is asleep. The default starting pressure is 4 cm H2O. Once the user is asleep, it will then start ramping 1 cm H2O per minute until it reaches the full prescribed pressure. AutoRamp™ will always reach the full prescribed pressure within 30 minutes, so even if not asleep, the machine will start to ramp in 1 cm H2O increments every minute to reach the full prescribed pressure at the 30 minute mark. Additionally, the AirSense 10 CPAP machines can be set to a traditional ramp if needed, or turned off altogether.
Per the manufacturer, the SmartStart™ technology may not function as intended when used with a nasal pillow mask and a pressure setting of 7 cm H2O or less. If the feature does not appear to be functioning, this comfort feature can be turned off. Please refer to the User Guide for more information.
Airplane Mode Tips
Please note, the AirSense Line of machines include a built in wireless modem giving the machine data transfer capabilities over a wireless cellular network. The wireless modem will automatically connect if the machine's "Airplane Mode" is turned to "Off". For privacy concerns, CPAP.com will ship the machine with airplane mode "On" so that sleep data information will not be transmitted unintentionally over the wireless network. If Airplane mode is turned "Off", sleep data could be transmitted to ResMed's servers.
PLEASE NOTE: The AirView data transfer system is for use only in North America. It cannot be used to transmit data wirelessly outside of North America. The SD card that accompanies the machine can be used to store and share data.
SD Card Location
The included SD card comes installed in the machine ready to use. While looking at the machine with the display facing forward, the SD card is located under the upper flap with the blue "SD" logo on the left side of the machine.
Features Summary for the AirSense 10 Line of Machines
- ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Single pressure CPAP machine with included HumidAir Humidifier. Can be set only in CPAP mode and CPAP mode with EPR. Compliance sleep data along with AHI. Only available in black.
- AirSense 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Single pressure CPAP machine with included HumidAir Humidifier. Can be set only in CPAP mode and CPAP mode with EPR. Compliance sleep data plus advanced data on the screen. Only available in black.
- AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Auto-adjusting CPAP machine with standard AutoSet algorithm with included HumidAir Humidifier. Can be set in Auto mode with standard AutoSet algorithm, Auto mode with standard AutoSet algorithm with EPR, CPAP mode and CPAP mode with EPR. Only the standard AutoSet algorithm is available on this machine. Compliance sleep data plus advanced data on the screen. Only available in black.
- AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Auto-adjusting CPAP machine with standard AutoSet algorithm with included HumidAir Humidifier. Can be set in AutoSet For Her algorithm OR standard AutoSet algorithm , Auto mode, Auto mode with EPR, CPAP mode and CPAP mode with EPR. Compliance sleep data plus advanced data on the screen. Only available in white.
For a detailed chart outlining the differences between machines in the AirSense 10 series, please click here.
This machine comes with a 2 year manufacturer warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
Battery Power for AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine
The following information is applicable for the ResMed AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with or without the humidifier turned on. Keep in mind that using the heated humidifier will reduce the run time of a battery by approximately half.
- DC capable: Use the DC Converter 24V 90W For AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines to operate the AirSense™ 10 Elite from a DC power source (battery).
- ResMed Power Station II Battery Kit for AirSense™ 10 & AirCurve™ 10 CPAP Machines: Use this complete kit including: the lithium-ion battery, the compatible DC cable, and the PSU adapter to power a ResMed AirSense™ 10 or AirCurve™ 10 machine when AC power is not available.
- Freedom Travel Battery Pack for CPAP Machines: Use the AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machine 24V Power Converter for Freedom Travel Battery Pack to connect to the Freedom Battery. The Freedom is a lightweight lithium ion battery.
- AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machine 24V Power Converter for Freedom Travel Battery Pack: This converter is necessary for using the Freedom Travel Battery Pack for CPAP machines with ResMed AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 machines.
- Medistrom Pilot 24-Lite The Medistrom Pilot 24-Lite is quikcly becoming one of the best ways to power the AirSense 10 off-the-grid. With no need for an inverter, the Medistrom Pilot 24-Lite connects easily to the AirSense 10. The required cable is included with the battery, and there's nothing extra to buy.
The DC Converter 24V 90W For AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines is required to use the following machines with DC power directly from a battery:
- AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet for Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Failure to use the ResMed DC Converter 24V 90W For AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines can damage the machines.
This battery is becoming the best way for AirSense 10 users to go off-the-grid. It's a lightweight Lithium-Ion battery, and can provide power for 10 hours or more depending on pressure settings and humidification. The Pilot 24-Lite doesn't require an inverter or special equipment to connect to the AirSense 10 and the required cable to make the connection is included with the battery.
This battery kit includes a fast-charging lithium ion battery designed to charge 95% of the battery in less than four hours. The battery is designed to alert the user when the battery is low by sending a visual and audible alert to the charge display on the RPS II. To have double the run time, add a second RPS Battery Cell. Please Note: The Battery Coupler Kit for ResMed Power Station (RPS) II is needed to connect the batteries.
The PSU Adapter for the ResMed AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Series is included in this kit. Use the adapter to charge the battery with the External 90 Watt Power Supply for ResMed AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Series CPAP and BiPAP Machines.
The RPS II Battery Kit for AirSense 10™ and AirCurve™ 10 machines comes with a carry bag. When using the double configuration, the bag will hold an additional battery cell. An access panel designed into the bag, allows the battery to be charged or used while it is inside the travel bag.
The Freedom Travel Battery Pack is a lightweight lithium ion battery. Combined with the ResMed DC Converter 24V 90W For AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines it can be used as a great travel power companion for the AirSense™ CPAP Machine.
150W Modified Sine Wave Inverter Compatibility: The 150W inverter combined with the Freedom Travel Battery Pack will provide an AC outlet to plug the AirSense machine into the Freedom battery, however will provide a very low run time. It is NOT ADVISED to use this inverter to power the Airsense machines with the Freedom battery. Use instead the 24V converter.
Deep Cycle Car and Boat Batteries
Car and Boat Deep Cycle Batteries are the same type of batteries that can be used with cars and boats. These are lead acid batteries that CPAP.com does not sell. Car and Boat Deep Cycle Batteries are typically sold at auto parts stores.