"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERFirst new machine I bought in 12 years. Very quiet and works very well."
October 4, 2016
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERGreat machine. I needed to turn up the humidifier a bit. I like the size and it's quiet."
October 16, 2016
The AirStart™ 10 Auto CPAP with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier is an easy to use auto-adjusting CPAP machine with essential features used to provide effective therapy. The machine has a built-in LCD display and weighs only 2.75 lbs.
Manufactured by ResMed.
The AirStart™ 10 Auto is a simplistic machine that offers the basic features users have come to enjoy on a nightly basis. The AirStart™ 10 APAP has a built-in humidifier and includes exhalation pressure relief for added comfort.
- Simple Menu
- Built-In LCD Display
- HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR™)
- Additional Comfort Features
- Compliance Data to SD Card
Simple Menu on the Built-In LCD Color Display
The AirStart™ 10 Auto CPAP is a simplified auto machine with an easily navigated menu to view and change settings. Ramp, EPR, and humidity level can all be changed with a few presses of the navigation buttons. Before dimming after a few seconds, the screen will display the current pressure and humidity level during therapy. Usage hours are displayed once therapy has concluded.
Built-In HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
The HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier is built-in to the AirStart™ 10 Auto CPAP Machine to increase comfort by adding heat and moisture to therapy air, if desired. The machine has a warm up feature so that therapy air can be warm from the onset of therapy. The water chamber attaches to the humidifier at the side of the machine and is easily taken out and apart for filling and cleaning.
If using the AirStart™ 10 Auto CPAP without the heated humidifier, the Side Cover for AirSense™ 10, AirStart™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machines (not included) must be installed at the end of the machine in place of the water chamber.
EPR™ & Additional Comfort Features
The AirStart™ 10 APAP includes additional comfort features that users expect on a nightly basis. Ramp allows therapy to gradually increase to the prescribed pressure or pressure range. Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR™) allows a drop in pressure for easier exhalation.
Compliance Data to SD Card
The AirStart™ 10 Auto includes and SD card which records basic compliance data as well as AHI, the 95th percentile pressure, and median pressure. The SD card can be removed and given to a physician for therapy tracking. The machine does not feature bluetooth or wireless capability.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- AirStart 10 Auto CPAP Machine
- Built-In HumidAir Heated Humidifier
- Standard Water Chamber
- Standard 19mm Tubing
- SD Card (Installed)
- 1 - Standard Filter
- Power Supply and Cord
- Travel Bag
- User Guide
Weight - Machine with Water Chamber: 2.53 lbs (40.5 oz.)
Dimensions - Machine with Water Chamber: 10.04 in L x 4.57 in W x 5.91 in H
Weight - Standard Chamber: .54 lb
Weight - Machine with optional Side Cover (Without Water Chamber): Approx. 2.452 lbs
Dimensions - Machine with optional Side Cover (Without Water Chamber): Approx. 8 in L x 4.57 in W x 5.91 in H
Dimensions - Travel Bag: 13.24 in L x 10 in W x 5 in H
Weight - Travel Bag Alone: 1.18 lb
Weight - Machine with Humidifier; Power Supply and Cord; Standard Tube; Travel Bag: Approximately 5.1 lbs
Sound Level: 26.6 dBA
Water Chamber Capacity: 380 mL
Weight - 90W Power Supply, Cord and Plug: 1.29 lb
Dimensions - 90W Power Supply Only (Not including Cor or Plug): 5 1/2 in x 1 7/8 in x 1 1/4 in
AC Input Range - 90W Power Supply: 100 - 240V, 50 - 60Hz, 1.0 - 1.5A, Class II
DC Output - 90 W Power Supply: 24V --- 3.75A
Typical Power Consumption: 53W (57VA)
Peak Power Consumption: 104W (108VA)
Operating Pressure: 4 - 20 cm H2O (0.2 cm increments)
Length - Standard Tubing: 6.5 Feet
Materials - Standard Tubing: Flexible Plastic
Materials - Standard Water Chamber: Injection Molded Plastic, Aluminum, Silicone Seal
Materials - Dishwasher Safe Water Chamber: Injection Molded Plastic, Stainless Steel, Silicone Seal
Materials - Standard Filter: Polyester non-woven fiber
Operating Temperature: 41° F - 95° F (5° C - 35° C)
Storage and Transport Temperature: -4° F - 140° F (-20° C - 60° C)
Operating Humidity: 10% - 95% Relative Humidity, non-condensing
Storage and Transport Humidity: 5% - 95% relative Humidity, non-condensing
Operating Altitude: Sea Level - 8500 Feet (2,591 M); Air pressure range 1013 hPa - 738 hPa
Maximum Temperature - Heating Plate: 154° F (68° C)
Maximum Temperature - Cut Out: 165° F (74° C)
Maximum Gas Temperature: Less than or Equal to 106° F (? 41° C)
IEC 60601-1:2005 Classification: Class II (Double Insulation), Type BF, Ingress protection IP22
Machine Warranty: 2 Years
Patient Weight: Greater than 66 lbs
The chamber should be taken apart and hand washed weekly using warm water and a mild detergent. It should be rinsed well and allowed to air dry out of direct sunlight before reassembling. The chamber should not be washed in a dishwasher or washing machine. The SlimLine hose should be washed in the same manner and allowed to completely dry out of direct sunlight before reattaching to the machine and mask.
Required Settings: 1 Pressure Setting is Required
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- ResMed products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
FAA Compliance Letter: To view the FAA compliance letter for the AirStart™ 10 Auto CPAP with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier, click here.
Do not fill the water chamber past the max fill line as this could result in water entering and damaging the device. Allow the water chamber to cool for ten minutes after use before handling as it could be too hot to the touch. The water chamber should be washed weekly using warm water and a mild detergent, rinsed well, and allowed to dry out of direct sunlight. The standard water chamber included is not dishwasher safe and should only be hand washed. To view a dishwasher safe chamber, see the Dishwasher Safe Water Chamber for AirStart™ 10 Humidair™ Heated Humidifier.
Purchase the Side Cover for AirSense™ 10, AirStart™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machines separately in order to enclose the machine opening when the water chamber has been removed. This is only required if the integrated heated humidifier is not being used.
How to Determine if the Water Chamber is Dishwasher Safe?
AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 machines denote the water chamber model with an "S" or "C" label. Look directly above the maximum fill line located on the side of the chamber to find the word HumidAir™ and the corresponding letter embossed into the tank.
- If the water chamber is dishwasher safe, the chamber will appear as HumidAir C, which represents a cleanable tank.
- If the water chamber is the standard model, the chamber will appear as HumidAir S, which represents a standard tank.
A standard (19mm) hose is included with the purchase of the AirStart™ 10 CPAP machine. The hose is found in the interior, zipped compartment of the travel bag. The zippered nook is located at the point where the cover meets the bottom of the travel bag at the back of the machine compartments. The standard 19mm hose has a 22mm end that connects to the machine. For replacements, a customer should search for a 19mm replacement hose as 19mm is considered the diameter if the hose.
SD Card Location
The included SD card comes installed in the machine ready to use. While looking at the machine with the display facing forward, the SD card is located under the upper flap with the blue "SD" logo on the left side of the machine.
Features Summary for the AirSense Line of Machines
- AirStart™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Basic, single pressure CPAP machine with EPR™, ramp, and humidity controls only. Records basic compliance data to SD card. Only available in black.
- AirStart™ 10 Auto CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Basic, auto-adjusting CPAP machine with EPR™, ramp, and humidity controls only. Records basic compliance and advanced ( AHI, 95th Percentile and Median Pressure) data to SD card. Only available in black.
- ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Single pressure CPAP machine with included HumidAir Humidifier. Can be set only in CPAP mode and CPAP mode with EPR. Compliance sleep data along with AHI. Only available in black.
- AirSense 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Single pressure CPAP machine with included HumidAir Humidifier. Can be set only in CPAP mode and CPAP mode with EPR. c. Only available in black.
- AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Auto-adjusting CPAP machine with standard AutoSet algorithm with included HumidAir Humidifier. Can be set in Auto mode with standard AutoSet algorithm, Auto mode with standard AutoSet algorithm with EPR, CPAP mode and CPAP mode with EPR. Only the standard AutoSet algorithm is available on this machine. Compliance sleep data plus advanced data on the screen. Only available in black.
- AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Auto-adjusting CPAP machine with standard AutoSet algorithm with included HumidAir Humidifier. Can be set in AutoSet For Her algorithm OR standard AutoSet algorithm , Auto mode, Auto mode with EPR, CPAP mode and CPAP mode with EPR. Compliance sleep data plus advanced data on the screen. Only available in white.
The user manual included with the machine can be viewed and downloaded here: AirStart 10 Auto User Manual.
This machine comes with a 2 year manufacturer warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- If sending in machine for warranty consideration, ship only the unit that is malfunctioning, along with the power cord. Do not ship the carrying case or hose
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
Battery Power for AirStart™ 10 Auto CPAP Machine
The following information is applicable for the ResMed AirStart™ 10 Auto CPAP Machine with or without the humidifier turned on. Keep in mind that using the heated humidifier will reduce the run time of a battery by approximately half.
- DC capable: Use the DC Converter 24V 90W For AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machines to operate the AirSense™ 10 CPAP from a DC power source (battery).
- ResMed Power Station II Battery Kit for AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, & AirCurve™ 10 CPAP Machines: Use this complete kit including: the lithium-ion battery, the compatible DC cable, and the PSU adapter to power the AirStart™ 10 APAP machine when AC power is not available.
- AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machine 24V Power Converter for Freedom Travel Battery Pack: This converter is necessary for using the Freedom Travel Battery Pack for CPAP machines with the AirStart™ 10 Auto CPAP.
The DC Converter 24V 90W For AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machines is required to use the following machines with DC power directly from a battery:
- AirStart™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirStart™ 10 Auto CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet for Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Failure to use the ResMed DC Converter 24V 90W For AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machines can damage the machines.
This battery kit includes a fast-charging lithium ion battery designed to charge 95% of the battery in less than four hours. The battery is designed to alert the user when the battery is low by sending a visual and audible alert to the charge display on the RPS II. To have double the run time, add a second RPS Battery Cell. Please Note: The Battery Coupler Kit for ResMed Power Station (RPS) II is needed to connect the batteries.
The PSU Adapter for the ResMed AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Series is included in this kit. Use the adapter to charge the battery with the External 90 Watt Power Supply for ResMed AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Series CPAP and BiPAP Machines.
The RPS II Battery Kit for AirStart™ 10, AirSense 10™, and AirCurve™ 10 machines comes with a carry bag. When using the double configuration, the bag will hold an additional battery cell. An access panel designed into the bag, allows the battery to be charged or used while it is inside the travel bag.
The Freedom Travel Battery Pack is a lightweight lithium ion battery, weighing only 1.7 lbs. Combined with the ResMed DC Converter 24V 90W For AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machines it can be used as a great travel power companion for the AirStart™ CPAP Machine.
150W Modified Sine Wave Inverter Compatibility: The 150W inverter combined with the Freedom Travel Battery Pack will provide an AC outlet to plug the AirStart machine into the Freedom battery, however will provide a very low run time. It is NOT ADVISED to use this inverter to power the Airstart machine with the Freedom battery. Use instead the 24V converter.
Deep Cycle Batteries
Deep Cycle Batteries are the same type of batteries that can be used with cars and boats. These are lead acid batteries that CPAP.com does not sell. Deep Cycle (lead acid) batteries used to be the only portable power option for CPAP machines, but now there are many other batteries that work as well. Deep Cycle batteries are typically sold at auto parts stores.