"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERI purchased this as a replacement for my first CPAP machine. I love the small footprint, the ease of use and setup. I would recommend this machine to others."
October 21, 2016
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERreally like it. still learning bells and whistles but, with the p-10 resmed face mask, works like a dream."
October 25, 2016
Manufactured by ResMed.
50% of CPAP Machine product buyers choose this product.
The AirStart™ 10 CPAP is a basic, easy to use CPAP machine for those looking to add a second machine to a travel residence, or for those who prefer a machine with simplicity. The AirStart™ 10 includes comfort features such as built-in humidification and exhalation relief.
- Simplistic Menu
- LCD Color Display
- HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR™)
- Additional Comfort Features
- Compliance Data to SD Card
LCD Color Display with Simplistic Menu
The AirStart™ 10 CPAP is a simplified CPAP machine with basic features accessed through the machine's menu. From the display the user can adjust settings such a ramp, EPR, and humidity level. During therapy the display will show the current pressure and humidity level, before going black after a short period of time to avoid extra light in a dark room. Once therapy is completed, the usage hours are displayed.
HumidAir™ Built-In Heated Humidifier
The HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier is built-in to the AirStart™ 10 CPAP Machine to provide warmth and moisture to therapy air on a nightly basis, if desired. The water chamber attaches to the humidifier at the side of the machine and is easily taken out and apart for filling and cleaning. The machine menu features a warm up option to preheat the humidifier so that it is warm at the onset of therapy.
If using the AirStart™ 10 CPAP without the heated humidifier, the Side Cover for AirSense™ 10, AirStart™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machines (not included) must be installed at the end of the machine in place of the water chamber.
EPR™ & Additional Comfort Features
The AirStart™ 10 CPAP includes comfort features that users have come to expect and rely on. Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR™) allows a drop in pressure for easier exhalation. Ramp allows an increase to prescribed pressure over a set amount of time at the beginning of a therapy session.
Compliance Data to SD Card
The AirStart™ 10 CPAP records basic compliance data to the included SD card. The SD card can be removed and given to a physician for therapy tracking.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- AirStart 10 CPAP Machine
- Built-In HumidAir Heated Humidifier
- Standard Water Chamber
- Standard 19mm Tubing
- SD Card (Installed)
- 1 - Standard Filter (Installed)
- Power Supply and Cord
- Travel Bag
- User Guide
Weight - Machine with Water Chamber: 2.53 lbs (40.5 oz.)
Dimensions - Machine with Water Chamber: 10.04 in L x 4.57 in W x 5.91 in H
Weight - Standard Chamber: .54 lb
Weight - Machine with optional Side Cover (Without Water Chamber): Approx. 2.452 lbs
Dimensions - Machine with optional Side Cover (Without Water Chamber): Approx. 8 in L x 4.57 in W x 5.91 in H
Dimensions - Travel Bag: 13.24 in L x 10 in W x 5 in H
Weight - Travel Bag Alone: 1.18 lb
Weight - Machine with Humidifier; Power Supply and Cord; Standard Tube; Travel Bag: Approximately 5.1 lbs
Sound Level: 26.6 dBA
Water Chamber Capacity: 380 mL
Weight - 90W Power Supply, Cord and Plug: 1.29 lb
Dimensions - 90W Power Supply Only (Not including Cor or Plug): 5 1/2 in x 1 7/8 in x 1 1/4 in
AC Input Range - 90W Power Supply: 100 - 240V, 50 - 60Hz, 1.0 - 1.5A, Class II
DC Output - 90 W Power Supply: 24V --- 3.75A
Typical Power Consumption: 53W (57VA)
Peak Power Consumption: 104W (108VA)
Operating Pressure: 4 - 20 cm H2O (0.2 cm increments)
Length - Standard Tubing: 6.5 Feet
Materials - Standard Tubing: Flexible Plastic
Materials - Standard Water Chamber: Injection Molded Plastic, Aluminum, Silicone Seal
Materials - Dishwasher Safe Water Chamber: Injection Molded Plastic, Stainless Steel, Silicone Seal
Materials - Standard Filter: Polyester non-woven fiber
Operating Temperature: 41° F - 95° F (5° C - 35° C)
Storage and Transport Temperature: -4° F - 140° F (-20° C - 60° C)
Operating Humidity: 10% - 95% Relative Humidity, non-condensing
Storage and Transport Humidity: 5% - 95% relative Humidity, non-condensing
Operating Altitude: Sea Level - 8500 Feet (2,591 M); Air pressure range 1013 hPa - 738 hPa
Maximum Temperature - Heating Plate: 154° F (68° C)
Maximum Temperature - Cut Out: 165° F (74° C)
Maximum Gas Temperature: Less than or Equal to 106° F (? 41° C)
IEC 60601-1:2005 Classification: Class II (Double Insulation), Type BF, Ingress protection IP22
Machine Warranty: 2 Years
Patient Weight: Greater than 66 lbs
The chamber should be taken apart and hand washed weekly using warm water and a mild detergent. It should be rinsed well and allowed to air dry out of direct sunlight before reassembling. The chamber should not be washed in a dishwasher or washing machine. The SlimLine hose should be washed in the same manner and allowed to completely dry out of direct sunlight before reattaching to the machine and mask.
Required Settings: 1 Pressure Setting is Required
Unless directed otherwise, CPAP.com will leave this machine at its default settings of:
- Ramp: 20 mins
- Start Pressure: 4 cm H2O
- Humidity Level: 4
- Mask Type: Pillows
- EPR: Off
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- ResMed products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
FAA Compliance Letter: To view the FAA compliance letter for the AirStart™ 10 CPAP with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier, click here.
Do not fill the water chamber past the max fill line as this could result in water entering and damaging the device. Allow the water chamber to cool for ten minutes after use before handling as it could be too hot to the touch. The machine will display a blue snowflake in the upper right of the screen while cooling is taking place. The water chamber should be washed weekly using warm water and a mild detergent, rinsed well, and allowed to dry out of direct sunlight. The standard water chamber included is not dishwasher safe and should only be hand washed. To view a dishwasher-safe chamber, see the Dishwasher Safe Water Chamber for AirStart™ 10 Humidair™ Heated Humidifier.
Purchase the Side Cover for AirSense™ 10, AirStart™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machines separately in order to enclose the machine opening when the water chamber has been removed. This is only required if the integrated heated humidifier is not being used.
How to Determine if the Water Chamber is Dishwasher Safe?
AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 machines denote the water chamber model with an "S" or "C" label. Look directly above the maximum fill line located on the side of the chamber to find the word HumidAir™ and the corresponding letter embossed into the tank.
- If the water chamber is dishwasher safe, the chamber will appear as HumidAir C, which represents a cleanable tank.
- If the water chamber is the standard model, the chamber will appear as HumidAir S, which represents a standard tank.
A standard (19mm) hose is included with the purchase of the AirStart™ 10 CPAP machine. The hose is found in the interior, zipped compartment of the travel bag. The zippered nook is located at the point where the cover meets the bottom of the travel bag at the back of the machine compartments. When shopping for replacement parts, the correct tubing size to search for is 19mm, even though the tubing has a 22mm end. 19mm is considered the diameter of the standard tube for this machine.
SD Card Location
The included SD card comes installed in the machine ready to use. While looking at the machine with the display facing forward, the SD card is located under the upper flap with the blue "SD" logo on the left side of the machine.
Features Summary for the AirSense Line of Machines
- AirStart™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Basic, single pressure CPAP machine with EPR™, ramp, and humidity controls only. Records basic compliance data to SD card. Only available in black.
- ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Single pressure CPAP machine with included HumidAir Humidifier. Can be set only in CPAP mode and CPAP mode with EPR. Compliance sleep data along with AHI. Only available in black.
- AirSense 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Single pressure CPAP machine with included HumidAir Humidifier. Can be set only in CPAP mode and CPAP mode with EPR. Compliance sleep data plus advanced data on the screen. Only available in black.
- AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Auto-adjusting CPAP machine with standard AutoSet algorithm with included HumidAir Humidifier. Can be set in Auto mode with standard AutoSet algorithm, Auto mode with standard AutoSet algorithm with EPR, CPAP mode and CPAP mode with EPR. Only the standard AutoSet algorithm is available on this machine. Compliance sleep data plus advanced data on the screen. Only available in black.
- AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier: Auto-adjusting CPAP machine with standard AutoSet algorithm with included HumidAir Humidifier. Can be set in AutoSet For Her algorithm OR standard AutoSet algorithm , Auto mode, Auto mode with EPR, CPAP mode and CPAP mode with EPR. Compliance sleep data plus advanced data on the screen. Only available in white.
The user manual included with the machine can be viewed and downloaded here: AirStart 10 CPAP User Manual.
This machine comes with a 2 year manufacturer warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- If sending in machine for warranty consideration, ship only the unit that is malfunctioning, along with the power cord. Do not ship the carrying case or hose
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
Battery Power for AirStart™ 10 CPAP Machine
The following information is applicable for the ResMed AirStart™ 10 CPAP Machine with or without the humidifier turned on. Keep in mind that using the heated humidifier will reduce the run time of a battery by approximately half.
- DC capable: Use the DC Converter 24V 90W For AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machines to operate the AirSense™ 10 CPAP from a DC power source (battery).
- ResMed Power Station II Battery Kit for AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, & AirCurve™ 10 CPAP Machines: Use this complete kit including: the lithium-ion battery, the compatible DC cable, and the PSU adapter to power the AirStart™ 10 machine when AC power is not available.
- AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machine 24V Power Converter for Freedom Travel Battery Pack: This converter is necessary for using the Freedom Travel Battery Pack for CPAP machines with the AirStart™ 10 CPAP.
The DC Converter 24V 90W For AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machines is required to use the following machines with DC power directly from a battery:
- AirStart™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet for Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Failure to use the ResMed DC Converter 24V 90W For AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machines can damage the machines.
This battery kit includes a fast-charging lithium ion battery designed to charge 95% of the battery in less than four hours. The battery is designed to alert the user when the battery is low by sending a visual and audible alert to the charge display on the RPS II. To have double the run time, add a second RPS Battery Cell. Please Note: The Battery Coupler Kit for ResMed Power Station (RPS) II is needed to connect the batteries.
The PSU Adapter for the ResMed AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Series is included in this kit. Use the adapter to charge the battery with the External 90 Watt Power Supply for ResMed AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Series CPAP and BiPAP Machines.
The RPS II Battery Kit for AirStart™ 10, AirSense 10™, and AirCurve™ 10 machines comes with a carry bag. When using the double configuration, the bag will hold an additional battery cell. An access panel designed into the bag, allows the battery to be charged or used while it is inside the travel bag.
The Freedom Travel Battery Pack is a lightweight lithium ion battery, weighing only 1.7 lbs. Combined with the ResMed DC Converter 24V 90W For AirStart™ 10, AirSense™ 10, and AirCurve™ 10 Machines it can be used as a great travel power companion for the AirStart™ CPAP Machine.
150W Modified Sine Wave Inverter Compatibility: The 150W inverter combined with the Freedom Travel Battery Pack will provide an AC outlet to plug the AirStart machine into the Freedom battery, however will provide a very low run time. It is NOT ADVISED to use this inverter to power the Airstart machine with the Freedom battery. Use instead the 24V converter.
Deep Cycle Lead Acid Batteries
Deep Cycle Lead Acid Batteries are the same type of batteries that can be used with boats and cars. These are lead acid batteries that CPAP.com does not sell. Deep Cycle Lead Acid Batteries used to be the only portable power option for CPAP machines, but now there are many other batteries that work as well. Deep Cycle batteries are typically sold at auto parts stores.