The ResMed S8 AutoSet Vantage offers the following features.
- Greater Breath by Breath Comfort Than Standard CPAPs due to the many built-in comfort options.
- Choice of fixed CPAP, EPR or AutoSet modes for tremendous versatility in therapy and comfort choices.
- Optional Heated Humidification Integration with flip-top lid and no separate power cord.
- Access To Night By Night Data with Optional ResScan Software simplifies follow-up and allows for complete tracking and easy monitoring of patient therapy and compliance.
- Compact and robust, the design of the S8 Vantage is portable and user-friendly, including Auto Altitude Adjustment to make sure the correct pressure is delivered when you travel.
- Fully customizable reminders for accessory replacements (mask, filters, etc.) and provider callbacks adding to the overall convenience of the S8 Vantage machine.
- Inbuilt power supply and auto mains switching or DC input is ideal for travel.
- Ramp and settling options enhance comfort and help improve compliance.
- All In One, Hassle Free Package.
The difference between Respironics C-Flex and ResMed EPR
is discussed in the second article of our December 2005 newsletter. These two features are not the same and it is important to understand their differences. Word of Caution to ResMed S8 and S8 II Machine Users
YOU MUST USE the DC-12 Converter For S8 Machines
when drawing power directly from a DC battery source (no inverter and no humidifier). Failure to do so can result in damage to your CPAP. ResMed S8 machines with a Humidaire heated humidifier (h3i and H4i) require a pure AC power source in order for the humidifier to work properly. The machine disables the humidifier when connected through DC Power. The machine and humidifier will both work properly only when connected to pure A/C power. You will need the DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter
to operate both.