Word of Caution to RESmed S8 and S8 II Machine Users
YOU MUST USE THE DC12 Converter for S8 Machines
in conjunction with any battery source, when using an S8 or S8 II machine. Failure to do so can result in damage to your CPAP.
You should be aware that some interface devices with narrow tubes, such as the Nasal Aire or the Breeze with Nasal Pillows, may have an impact on the ability of this and other auto CPAPs to accurately respond to airflow restrictions during use.
SmartStart enables your device to start automatically by breathing into the mask. Leak alert indicates when a high mask leak is present.
If you have enabled Leak Alert, the SmartStart feature automatically becomes disabled. You cannot have both features enabled.
A ResMed DC-12 Converter For S8 Machines must be used with the 12 volt jack. Any other cable will likely cause a machine failure.
CPAP machines come with a six foot hose, a travel bag and manuals. Masks are not included and must be purchased separately. We will be happy to help you with sizing and offer suggestions on current popular masks.
Do not run this machine on a regular AC to DC inverter. A pure sine wave inverter must be used. We sell these on the website. The EPR and Auto features cannot be used simultaneously.
All S8 and S8 II CPAP Machines utilize a "Cool Down" feature that runs the CPAP Motor up to 1 hour after turning the machine off. The motor helps to cool off the humidifier plate. You may hear a "faint blowing sound" when you turn the machine off. However, you can unplug the power cord and allow the heater plate to cool without airflow. Leak Alert
Leak alert indicates when a mask is leaking as a result from a poor seal, open mouth or the complete removal of a mask. The alert is audible as well as visible on the machine's LCD display. This is one of the loudest and audible alerts on the market!
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.