S8 VPAP™ Auto with bag, hose and manuals
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Check out the newer model hereS9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine
S8 VPAP™ Auto Overview
A combination of AutoSet and VPAP Adapt SV technologies, the S8 VPAP Auto merges ResMed's latest innovations achieving an extremely comfortable therapy and also makes sure to deliver the pressure you need, when you need it. The VPAP Auto uses AutoSet technology, which adjusts automatically using ResMed's unique algorithms and was engineered to prevent obstructions before they occur by responding quickly and accurately to flow limitations. It is so consistent in response to events it often adjusts on the very next breath after a flow limitation or obstruction.
The S8 VPAP Auto uses Easy-Breathe Technology to makes breathing more natural with smooth pressure waveforms taken from the VPAP Adapt SV, which imitates normal respiration and ultimately makes breathing more comfortable than traditional CPAP or BiLevel machines. The transition from EPAP to IPAP pressures is gentle and slides into a physiologic exhalation curve which has a very natural feel.
The machine is suited with three mode options, VAuto, Spontaneous, and CPAP, proving to be one of the most flexible flow generators in the market, delivering all of the comfort available for successful compliance and treatment.
Key Product Features
- Vsync with TiControl breath synchronization
- Three pressure relief options
- Simple menu
- Heated humidifier option
- S8 compact design
- Detailed downloads with use of software
- 12V DC input
- AutoSet technology
- Smooth pressure delivery
Word of Caution to RESmed S8 and S8 II Machine Users
YOU MUST USE the DC-12 Converter For S8 Machines when drawing power directly from a DC battery source (no inverter and no humidifier). Failure to do so can result in damage to your CPAP. ResMed S8 machines with a Humidaire heated humidifier (h3i and H4i) require a pure AC power source in order for the humidifier to work properly. The machine disables the humidifier when connected through DC Power. The machine and humidifier will both work properly only when connected to pure A/C power. You will need the DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter to operate both.
This Product Includes...
- S8 VPAP Auto Machine
- 6 Foot Hose
- Carrying Case
- One Filter
- ReScan Data Card
- Pressure 3 to 20 cm H2O (.2 increments)
- Ramp Time 0 to 30 min. (5-min. increments)
- Starting Ramp Pressure 4 to CPAP; user adjustable
- Dimensions 4.4" x 6.5"X 5.7" (112mm x 164mm x 145mm)
- Weight 2.9 lbs
- Filters Pollen
- Device Set-Up LCD/Keypad
- Data Storage Capacity Display: 365 days summary data and 5 nights detailed data (up to 500 events per session. Data Card: 180 days of summary data and 5 nights detailed data (up to 200 events per session)
- Electrical Requirements 100 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz; 110 V, 400 Hz; 2.5A <140 VA (110W)(maximum power consumption). Instantaneous peak power consumption <340VA
- Humidification Integrated Heated Humidifier or Pass-over Humidifier
- DC Power Only use DC-12 Converter by ResMed for DC input or damage may occur.
- Warranty 2 Year Manufacturer
- Max Exposure Heat for Machine Machine should not be exposed to heat greater than 140 degrees Fahrenheit
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
YOU MUST USE THE DC12 Converter for S8 Machines in conjunction with any battery source, when using an S8 or S8 II machine. Failure to do so can result in damage to your CPAP.
You must use ResScan Version 3.7 Software or newer.
DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter for Resmed S8 Machines
ResMed S8 machines are required to use a pure sine wave AC power source when connecting through an inverter; particularly, the ResMed S8 Compact is not DC compatible and must plug into a wall socket. The DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter provides clean AC power to any CPAP. You will need this product to operate the S8 Compact or any other S8 machine using the standard AC plug.
Cool Down Feature
All S8 and S8 II CPAP Machines utilize a "Cool Down" feature that runs the CPAP Motor up to 1 hour after turning the machine off. The motor helps to cool off the humidifier plate. You may hear a "faint blowing sound" when you turn the machine off. However, you can unplug the power cord and allow the heater plate to cool without airflow.
SmartStart enables your device to start automatically by breathing into the mask. Leak alert indicates when a high mask leak is present. If you have enabled Leak Alert, the SmartStart feature automatically becomes disabled. You cannot have both features enabled.
Leak alert indicates when a mask is leaking as a result from a poor seal, open mouth or the complete removal of a mask. The alert is audible as well as visible on the machine's LCD display. This is one of the loudest and audible alerts on the market!
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: VPAP Auto.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
The S8 Series CPAP machines operate automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on that power.
The user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver. World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
Battery Power for S8 VPAP Auto
- Machine Alone (Without Humidifier): The following are the options for using the S8 VPAP™ Auto from a DC power source such as a battery.
- DC Converter for S8 Machines. This DC-12 Converter connects the S8 VPAP™ Auto directly to a cigarette-style DC outlet.
- C-100 Travel Battery Pack for CPAP Machines. The C-100 Battery Pack is a lightweight and economical battery option. Purchase the C-100 Battery Pack and the DC Converter for S8 Machines to operate an S8 machine.
- Respironics Battery Kit with DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter Second Gen. This battery kit is a combination of the Respironics Battery Pack (No DC Cable) and the DC Converter needed for the S8 VPAP™ Auto.
- Although direct DC connection using the DC-12 Converter would provide much longer run time, if an inverter is used with the S8 VPAP™ Auto it must be an inverter of at least 150W.
- Machine with Humidifier: When connected to a humidifier, this machine requires pure sine wave power. The following are options available to provide this.
- DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter Second Gen: This inverter will convert DC power to the pure sine wave power needed to power both the S8 VPAP™ Auto and humidifier.
- Respironics Battery Kit with DC to AC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter Second Gen: This battery kit is a combination of the Respironics Battery Pack (No DC Cable) and the pure sine wave inverter needed for the S8 VPAP™ Auto with humidifier.
ResMed S8 Series CPAP machines come equipped with a DC plug on the back of the unit. This allows the user to connect the CPAP to an external DC battery source. This cord is ideal for travel by recreational vehicle, boat, or any external DC batter that is equipped with a cigarette lighter plug.
The 2.5 lb CPAP.com Battery Pack is surprisingly small and lightweight. The lithium ion battery can be recharged at any discharge level without losing charge time due to battery memory loss. This battery has been approved by the United Nations and Department of Transportation as tested safe for travel. This battery kit comes with the CPAP.com battery and the DC12 Converter for S8 Machines, the cable needed to power most ResMed S8 CPAP machines.
This portable battery pack is an external lead acid battery that is the ultimate in power, portability and convenience. This battery kit comes with the Respironics battery and the DC12 Converter for S8 Machines, the cable needed to power most ResMed S8 CPAP machines.
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available machines, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click on the question mark for a definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Travel CPAP Comparison Chart
APAP Comparison Chart
BiPAP Comparison Chart
- Browse Our Machine Product Categories. These categories show each machine our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in house opinion of the quality of the machine based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
CPAP Machine Category
APAP (Auto Adjusting) Machine Category
BiPAP (Two Pressure) Machine Category
To see the list of what specifically comes with each machine, you can Browse for a machine. Then on the product page, click the "Specs" tab to see a full list of what comes with the machine.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to email@example.com
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
Here are some other suggested actions to care for your machine:
- Keep the area around your machine clean by removing any dust from the area to improve the air quality delivered to your machine and to you.
- Keep the air intake of the machine unblocked. Curtains, bedding, and papers can easily block the air intake of your machine, reducing the airflow.
- If a humidifier is used with your therapy, do not pick up the machine with the humidifier attached. With most machines it is easy to spill water from the humidifier chamber into the machine causing damage. Manufacturer warranties are voided by water damage to the machine. To avoid this, remove the chamber from the humidifier and then remove the humidifier from the machine rather than transporting them together.
- If a humidifier is used, empty the water from the chamber every morning. Accidents happen. If a family pet or family member moves the machine and humidifier with water in the chamber it is more likely that water could be spilled into your machine. Water damage to a machine voids the manufacturer warranty.
Cleaning and changing filters is the only maintenance required for a CPAP machine.
The filters are located at the back of the machine at the air intake.
The following are the different types of exhalation relief names by manufacturer.
- Philips Respironics = C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex and Bi-Flex
- Resmed = EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief)
- 3B Medical = RESlex
- Apex Medical = PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) Pressure Relief
- Curative Medical = EUT (Expiratory Unloading Technology)
- DeVilbiss = SmartFlex
- Fisher & Paykel = SensAwake Technology
- Human Design Medical = Z-Breathe
- Somnetics = EZEX
Here are some machines with an exhalation relief feature:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
- CPAP machines which record full data (such as AHI and leak info): AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation Pro CPAP Machine
- ICON Premo CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart
- IntelliPAP Standard Plus CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- Luna CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend II Travel CPAP Machine
- Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
AutoPAP ("Autotitrating CPAP" or "APAP") machines which record full data:
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet For Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- Curasa Auto CPAP Machine with EUT
- DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine
- iCH Auto CPAP Machine with PVA and Built-In Heated Humidifier
- ICON Auto CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and SensAwake
- IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine
- Luna Auto CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ Auto CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™ Heated Humidifier for Her
- Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
- XT Auto CPAP Machine
- Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
BiLevel ("BiPAP") machines which record full data:
- AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine
- DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine
- IntelliPAP AutoBiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- IntelliPAP BiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart BPAP 25A Auto Bi-Level Machine with RESlex and Heated Humidifier
- S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine
- S9 VPAP™ S BiLevel Machine
Sleep laboratories and sleep disorder centers may be willing to make this pressure change. Just call a local hospital or ask your physician to recommend a sleep lab. Be sure to take your prescription.
A second way is to do it yourself. We sell manometers that are very portable, accurate, and simple to use. All the machines we sell come with instructions on how to set pressure to physician orders. Most patients have little trouble doing this themselves. If you need help we can talk you through the procedure. Contact us by phone at 1-800-356-5221.
Gauge Manometer (for pressure measurements)
Fisher and Paykel Water Column CPAP Manometer with HC325 Chamber
A third option is to ship the machine to us with the new prescription. We will set it and ship it back.
It is the law and good common sense to run all sleep disorder devices at the prescribed pressure. If you think your prescribed pressure is wrong, talk to your physician.
All machines can connect to DC power. Some machines are configured to operate on DC Power and have a DC power outlet. Other machines require AC power and will need an Inverter that turns DC power to AC power.
Having the proper equipment is the biggest key to successfully operating the machine from a battery. For example, if your machine does have a DC outlet and you want to run your machine from a marine battery, be sure to get the correct DC cable for the machine, as well as an adapter cable with alligator clips that fits over the cigarette lighter plug.
CPAP.com sells complete battery kits with everything you need for many machines including the correct cables for those machines and batteries. If you have questions about the specific power needs of your machine, review the 'Power' tab found on the machine's product page, or give us a call at 1-800-356-5221.
- One of the following words or phrases: "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "CPAP" or "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure" or similar term.
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
An APAP prescription may contain the following information:
- Your pressure range (Optional, Not Required)
- Example: 4-20 CM/H20
- Example: 4-20
- Example: 6-18 CM/H2O
- Example: 6-18
CPAP prescriptions are accepted for Auto Adjusting (APAP) machines.
Here are some of our top selling APAP machines:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
CPAP.com sells Battery Packs to accompany your machine if an integrated battery is not available. Visit CPAPtalk for more advice specific to your needs, or view this past thread on the topic here.
I have used bi-pap machines for six years now to assist me in sleeping due to sleep apnea and congestive heart failure. Bi-pap machines ordinarily require programming based upon a sleep study by your doctor. The V-Pap is automatic and will adjust for your personal breathing through the night. I highly recommend this product for people who require a bi-pap machine. more...
13 people found this helpful.
If the unit continues to work as well for the later portion of the study, it will replace an infinately more expensive machine. Experiement to see if the VPAP Auto could mitigate apnea componded by CSA--not necessarily to cure CSA. See if reduction of aggrevating apnea events, that are not CSA, would contribute to enough quality sleep for either or all of: out-door overnight events, as a home back-up unit, or upon possibly for general home use. Initial results: Expiratory overpressure (if there is such a thing--I'm not a clinition) seemed to aggravate CSA. But the VPAP AutoSet can be adjusted to limit mamimum pressures and inspratory/expiratory pressure differentials. There is also a trigger sensitivity adjustment. I have found that VPAP Auto can be adjusted to detect minute triggers that might otherwise have contributed to a CSA event. Curious to note that the VPAP Auto user manual mentions that support pressure (differential inspiratory /expiratory amplitude) exceeding 10mm H2O is prohibited by the unit because it IS known to aggrevate CSA. In my case, devide that number by two--and the VPAP Auto facilitated the adjustment. Of course having a feel for my own profile came about from prior VPAP Auto SV experience, and reports. While the SV places the pressure transducer sense line near the mask, without that, the VPAP Auto must trigger via transducer activated by back-pressure differentials through the tube. However, the VPAP Auto also provides a timming window for its trigger that can be adjusted between the support pressure differential ramp and expiratory settle-out. This allows the tube pressure to baseline prior to detecting the slightest effort to breathe. Cool huh? The other machine is simply too expensive to not consider this study. I would had to have paid the deductable again any way, so it would all be sixes if the VPAP Auto did not work. However, not only does it seem to be working--but it is working quite well! more...
23 people found this helpful.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturerResmedResMedPhilips RespironicsTypeBiPAP AutoBiPAP AutoBiPAPWarranty2 Years2 Years2 YearsSound Level28 dB26.6 dBA25.8 dBAQuietYesYesYesManuals IncludedPatientPatient/Quick SetupPatient
DimensionsTravel SizedYesYesYesUnder 3 lbsYesYesYesMachine Weight3 lbs2.75 lbs1.56 lbsEntire Weight4.55 lbs5.1 lbs4.37 lbsEntire Size12.5" x 5" x 4"10.04" x 4.75" x 5.91"11.7" x 7.6" x 3.3"Entire Package Size12" x 15" x 5"13.24" x 10" x 5"15" x 8.5" x 5.5"Machine Size Only4.4" x 6.5" X 5.7"NA6.2" x 7.6" x 3.3"
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierHumidaire 3iHumidAirDreamStation HumidifierBuilt-In HumidifierNoYesNoHeated Humidifier TypeIntegratedBuilt-InIntegratedAmbient Rainout ReductionNoAuto ClimateControlDreamStation Heated TubeIntegrated Heated HoseNoClimateLineAirYesHumidifier Water Capacity380 mL325 mL
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentYesYesYesPressure Range3-20cm H2O4-25 cm H2O4 - 25 cm H2OEPAP Pressure Range3-20cm H2O3-25 cm H2O4 - 25 cm H2OEasy BreathingNoEPR with Easy-BreatheBi-FlexRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeIPAP=EPAPYesYesLeak CompensationN/AYesYesMax Operating Altitude8,500 ft7,500 ft
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationYesYesYesVoltage Range100-240V AC100-240V100 - 240 V ACOptional DC CableYesYesYesIntegrated BatteryNoNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataOSYesMSD, OSData CardYesYesYesOptional SoftwareResScanResScanDreamMapper
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentAutoYesYesAuto ON/OFFYesYesYesMask Off AlertLCD; ALARMNoNoSpontaneousYesYesNoTimedNoNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesYesBacklight Shuts OffYesYes