Premium Insulated Tube Cover
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
- Just unzip the tube cover.
- Push the end of your CPAP tube through the tube cuff.
- Zip the tube cover closed.
- Fold over the zipper tab.
- Wrap the Velcro strap around zipper tab to secure.
- Install CPAP tube with Premium cover between mask and machine.
The image below from Fisher & Paykel explains how rainout is formed. Warm, moist air leaves the heated humidifier and travels through the CPAP tube. As air flows through the tube, the temperature of the room causes the tube to cool. As the tube cools, the air inside releases its moisture, and creates condensation in the hose.
Solutions to rainout include:
- Raise the temperature of your bedroom.
- Keep your CPAP machine at the same level as your bed.
- Insulate your tubing with a hose cover like Snugglehose.
- Reduce the temperature setting on your heated humidifier.
- Purchase a CPAP machine with a rainout reduction comfort feature.
- Some machine systems offer a compatible heated CPAP hose which maintains the temperature from the machine all the way to the mask, reducing the occurrence of rainout. The list of available heated hoses can be found here: Hoses With Heating Coils.
- If your machines uses a standard hose, consider the Hybernite Heated Rainout Control System.
Insulating the CPAP hose will help maintain the moisture in the airflow all the way to the mask.
Here are some hose insulators we carry:
Insulated Hose Cover
Zippered Tubing Wrap
Tubing Wrap for SlimLine Hoses
Companies such as Snugglehose provide a cost effective tubing insulation available in several colors and styles. Not only will the covers reduce or eliminate rainout, they also provide a more personal and less institutionalized appearance. An example of a Snugglehose is shown below.
Here are some hose covers we carry:
Tubing Wrap for AirSense™ 10, AirCurve™ 10, and S9 Series SlimLine™ Tubing
Respironics Insulated Hose Cover
ResMed Zippered Tubing Wrap
+ See More
Not knowing about cpap.com until earlier this year, I was oblivious to all the great products that are out there more...
2 people found this helpful.
I like this cover for the tubing....my cat doesn't, so that's good, because he turned my last tubing into a more...
1 person found this helpful.
I bought the Insulated cover, not because my warmed air gets too cold, but because my cat likes to chew more...
4 people found this helpful.
If you have a zipper-less cover, you HAVE to get one of these. Much easier to put on, quiets more...
Does the trick keeps the condensation down. No gurlgling noise.