"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERGreat product. Size is going to make traveling to third world countries a lot easier."
November 17, 2011
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERThis unit is great for travelers. Very small and light weight. Just what I needed!"
November 27, 2011
Free returns! Purchase this machine, and return it within 10 days of the ship date for a refund.
Save over $230 on the Multi-Night battery and Solar Panel Charger with the purchase of a Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine. Click the ‘‘Customize & Buy" button below to view all battery discounts.
The Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine is one of the world's smallest, lightest CPAP machines. It weighs less than 1 lb and is quiet, with a 29 dB sound rating. The Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine is now compatible with all CPAP masks. Optional battery packs allow for use anywhere. Take this CPAP camping, boating or travel - wherever power is out of reach. The Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine is a great travel or every night machine.
Manufactured by Somnetics.
The Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine is the one of the smallest and lightest CPAP machines on the market and yet offers a sound rating as low as, or better than, many other CPAP machines. With features such as ramp, auto altitude adjustment, and on board, advanced therapy tracking, this little CPAP machine does not sacrifice quality for size.
When powering the Transcend CPAP machine with a standard wall outlet and a battery in place, the machine will automatically switch to be powered by battery in the event of a power outage. This feature is not available on any other machines. Beginning in fall of 2013, the manufacturer began including the power supply with attached power cord with international plug adapters for use in the United States, United Kingdom, European Union, and Australia and New Zealand. Earlier versions of the machine came with a single configuration power supply and cord. The adapters accommodate use in the United States and abroad.
The plug comes with the standard plug configuration used in the United States installed. To change the plug adapter, depress the flat button labeled "PUSH" on the adapter. Once depressed the adapter rotates counter clockwise (to the left) for removal from the body of the power adapter. Insert the desired plug adapter onto the power adapter and rotate clockwise (to the right) to lock in place.
For even greater versatility add the Transcend Solar Charger, perfect for use when camping or hiking or during extended power outages.
Small & Light CPAP Machine.
Weighing under 1 pound, the Transcend Travel CPAP is one of the lightest CPAP machines on the market. When traveling, this machine will not weigh down carry on luggage. The Transcend miniCPAP's™ dimensions of 6.1 inches by 3.5 inches by 2.8 inches mean it can fit in the palm of your hand unlike many other CPAP machines. For more dimensions, see the Specs Tab.
Compatible with All Masks.
This machine comes with a standard six foot hose and hose adapter that make the Transcend CPAP compatible with all CPAP masks. Simply use the adapter to connect the hose to the machine.
Quiet as Market Leaders.
The machine's 29 dB sound rating proves this small design doesn't compromise sound. This rating matches a market leading line of CPAP machines.
Little, Yet Advanced.
The Transcend Travel CPAP Machine includes a ramp feature of 0 to 45 minutes and tracks AHI and leak detection for up to 12 months. Use the optional USB cable to access the ramp feature and advanced data (Click here to view a sample report). The Transcend miniCPAP™ also has auto altitude adjustment up to 8,000 feet.
Risk Free for 10 Days
If unhappy after purchasing the Transcend miniCPAP™, contact CPAP.com within 10 days of the machine ship date to receive a return authorization number and free return label! Ship the machine back to us and receive a refund for the machine cost once it is received.
Product Name Change: This machine was formerly named the "Transcend II Travel CPAP Machine" but was renamed to the "Transcend miniCPAP™" due to a manufacturer update in 2013.
Filter Change: In 2013 the filter base of the Transcend miniCPAP™ changed. Previously the filter base was held on by a latch on the bottom of the machine. The updated version features a push button on one end of the Transcend miniCPAP™. For more information on this change, please see the Important Tips Tab.
FAA Compliance Letter for Somnetics Transcend - Click Here to View.
This Product Includes...
- Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine
- 1- Filter and Base
- Universal Hose Adapter
- Standard 6' Hose
- Universal Power Supply with 4 Plug Adapters
- 3 ft. USB 2.0 Type A Male to Mini B Male Cable
- Travel Case
- Quick Start Guide
Device Weight: 0.9 lbs (426 g)
- Without Tabs or Air Outlet Port: 6.1 in x 3.5 in x 2.8 in (15.5 cm x 8.9 cm x 7.1 cm)
- With Tabs and Air Outlet Port: 6.9 in. x 3.5 in. x 3.5 in.
Travel Bag Dimensions: 10.0 in x 8.5 in x 4.5 in (25.4 cm x 21.6 cm x 10.8 cm)
Power Supply Adapters For Use In the Following Areas (AFTER the Fall of 2013): United States; United Kingdom; European Union; Australia & New Zealand
Dimensions of Transcend Power Supply - Not Including Cord or Plug: 3.75 in x 2 in x 1.25 in
Weight of Transcend Power Supply with Plug Attached: 0.5 lbs (8.2 oz.)
Power Supply Cord Length: Approx. 6 Feet
Hose Length: 72 inches
Hose Diameter: Standard 19mm
AC Supply Input: 100 to 240 VAC, 50-60Hz
European Voltage Usage: Yes, outlet adapters required
AC Supply Output: 19VDC, 2.6 Amp
Pressure Range: 4-20 cm H2O (1 cm increments)
Ramp: 0 to 45 min
Operating Altitude: 0 to 8000 feet
PC System Compatibility:Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, 32-bit & 64-bit (Not compatible with Apple Products)
Warranty: 3 Years
Sound Level: 29 dB
Required Settings: 1 Pressure Setting is Required
Unless otherwise directed, CPAP.com will leave this machine at the default settings of:
- Ramp: On
- Ramp Time: 5 Mins
- Ramp Start: 4cm
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
miniCPAP Warranty Tip
Please Note: This manufacturer provides refurbished units as warranty replacements. To provide Somnetics with feedback on this policy, please use this email or call 877-621-9626.
Filter Change Note: Latch vs. Button
In 2013 the filter was changed for the Transcend line of machines.
- Previously the filter media and base were permanently attached. The filter base was removed from the Transcend unit by unhooking and unlatching a latch on the bottom of the base itself.
- With the updated design a push button replaces the latch. The media and base are separated and are removed by depressing the button on one end of the base to allow the base to be removed from the machine itself.
- The bottom of the machine itself was changed as well to accommodate the new style.
Important Filter Compatibility Note
The old style filter will not fit onto a machine designed for the new filter. Likewise a new style filter will not fit on a machine designed for the old filter.
Transcend Filter Care: The manufacturer recommends washing the Transcend Filter weekly using a 5% mild liquid detergent and distilled water. Allow the filter to air dry before reinstalling. An example of a mild detergent is Tide Free & Gentle.
Sound Level Tips
Although the Transcend miniCPAP has a low decibel rating of 29 dBA, some users report a noticeable pitch from the machine's motor, which may be a result of its reduced size. Unlike larger machines, smaller travel CPAPs have less internal room and components to absorb the sound of the motor. To help reduce the sound of the motor, consider adding the Q-Tube In-Line CPAP Muffler Kit to the device.
- Required Hose Adapter Included: The Transcend Universal Hose Adapter is required to connect the long hose to the Transcend Auto machine. Both the hose adapter and long hose are included with the machine purchase.
- Hose Adapter Updated: In mid-2014 the manufacturer made an update to the hose adapter included with the Transcend line of machines. The updated adapter has a hard support cuff surrounding the silicone machine connection. The swivel end of the adapter connects to the long hose. The non-swivel end of the adapter connects to the hose port on the machine.
- Universal Hose Adapter May Be Attached To Hose: The Transcend miniCPAP™ includes the Universal Hose Adapter and a 6 foot hose. The manufacturer may package the Transcend miniCPAP™ with the universal hose adapter already connected to the long hose. If the adapter is inserted onto the machine, the connection may be very tight but the two pieces are NOT permanently attached. They can be separated. To remove the white adapter, leverage it against the rubber hose cuff and twist it off.
- USB Cable: The Transcend miniCPAP™ package includes a USB cable needed to change the settings on the machine. Alternately, any standard USB cable can be used for this purpose. CPAP.com offers the 3 ft. USB 2.0 Type A Male to Mini B Male Cable as an option.
- Power Supply Design: Prior to Fall of 2013, the power supply included with the Transcend line of machines was made of only two parts - the power supply and cord and did not offer the mulit-country adapters. The connection to the Transcend machine is unchanged between the two design versions.
- Transcend Software System Compatibility: The software used by the Transcend miniCPAP™ is compatible with Window XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 using a 32-bit or 64-bit system. The Transcend software is not compatible with the Apple operating systems. Please Note: If using recent Windows versions, the USB drivers may require updates. It is best to contact the manufacturer of the computer for update instructions.
- Software Download: The Somnetics Software Revision C for the Transcend machines can be downloaded here: Transcend Software Revision C Download. For more details, refer to the Transcend Software User Manual.
- Oxygen Use: Though Oxygen can be connected to Transcend miniCPAP devices, the manufacturer recommends that Oxygen not be used with this machine.
- Therapy Pressure Range: The Transcend miniCPAP™ has pressures of 4 to 20 cm H2O available for therapy. When first released to the market, the Transcend miniCPAP™ machines were shipped with software offering pressures of 6 to 16 cm H2O. If your software does not offer the extended range options, or if an original copy is not available, it can be downloaded here Transcend miniCPAP™ Software Update.
- Color Change: In late 2012 the color of the Air Inlet Filter and display panel for the Transcend miniCPAP™ changed from light blue to light gray. This change in color does not affect the function of the Transcend machine.
- FAA Compliance Letter for Somnetics Transcend: Click Here to View.
- Large Leak Response: When a large leak is detected by the Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine the machine will quickly ramp up to a high pressure and then shut off. If this occurs, please check to verify that the Transcend Universal Hose Adapter is installed correctly. The hose and pressure line ports on the machine must be fully connected to the Hose Adapter to avoid pressure loss. The pressure line port must be firmly seated into the tear drop shaped area on the adapter. If the issue is not corrected, check to be certain the mask and hose have a secure connection. Further, ensure the mask is adjusted properly to provide a good seal on the face.
Notes About the OPTIONAL Transcend Heated Humidifier and Battery:
- Per the manufacturer information, the Transcend battery has an average life span of 300 charging cycles.
- The Transcend Heated Humidifier does not draw power from the Transcend machine.
- The Transcend Heated Humidifier cannot be powered by the Transcend Battery.
- The travel bag included with Transcend machines is not large enough to hold both the Transcend Heated Humidifier and the machine.
Backup Battery Configurations:
Please Note: In a situation where a power outage is expected but not certain, the battery can be used as a failover. While AC power is available the battery will not loose life cycles.
The Transcend miniCPAP™ machines can be connected to the OPTIONAL Transcend Multi-Night Battery and to AC power without causing the lifespan of the battery to decrease. The battery is designed to provide AC power to the machine while it is available, and transition immediately to DC power from the battery if AC power should fail. Once AC power is restored, the battery will begin providing that power to the machine again.
To learn more about the Transcend Multi-Night Battery, visit the page here.
What Can My Transcend Travel Bag Hold?
The Travel Bag for Transcend CPAP Machines that is included with the machine is designed to carry the machine, the hose, the power cable, and some mask types. The bag can accommodate nasal pillow masks and nasal masks. A full face mask and total face mask will not fit in the bag. The optional Transcend Heated Humidifier WILL NOT fit in this bag. The larger Travel Bag for Transcend Machine and Heated Humidifier must be purchased if planning to travel with the humidifier.
The Travel Bag for Transcend Machine and Heated Humidifier is designed to carry the machine, humidifier, hose, power cable, and some mask types. The bag can accommodate nasal pillow masks, nasal masks, and full face masks. A total face mask will not fit in the bag.
CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- If sending in machine for warranty consideration, ship only the unit that is malfunctioning, along with the power cord. Do not ship the carrying case or hose
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
The Transcend miniCPAP™ comes with a Universal AC Power Supply used with a wall outlet. Beginning in the fall of 2013 the power supply provided by the manufacturer includes 4 power adapter plugs for use in the United States and over seas. To travel outside the US with a machine purchased prior to that time will require the use of Adapter Plugs.
Optional Battery Packs:
The Transcend miniCPAP™ offers two optional batteries, an Overnight battery and a Multi-Night battery. Fully charge the batteries before initial use. The Transcend Overnight Battery pack provides sufficient power to operate the Transcend CPAP device for a minimum of 8 hours at a pressure setting of 10 cm H2O. The Transcend Multi-Night Battery provides power for approximately 15 hours of continuous use at the same setting.
The Transcend Heated Humidifier cannot be powered by the optional Transcend battery. The machine and the heated humidifier do not share power.
The Portable Outlet CPAP Battery will work with any CPAP machine, so you'll never have to worry about compatibility. It converts the stored DC power to convenient AC outlet power. Just plug in with your machine's power supply! The Portable Outlet can also power other electronic devices, including TVs, stereos, blenders-- anything! It also has USB charging ports for your cell phone or tablet.
Weighing in at only 1.7 pounds the Freedom Battery is a terrific option for travel. The Freedom battery meets UN Manual Test and Criteria requirements for travel.
PLEASE NOTE: The Transcend miniCPAP machine can only connect to the Freedom Travel Battery by using a 150 W Sine Wave Inverter.
Setup for Fail Over Backup Power:
With the optional battery pack, the Transcend miniCPAP™ will automatically switch to be powered by battery in the event electricity goes out. When hooked up in series with the machine and wall power, the battery will charge even when the Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine is in use.
To set up a fail over system:
- Plug the Transcend's AC power supply into the wall.
- Plug the other end of the Transcend's AC power supply into the optional Transcend Battery pack.
- Plug the Battery Pack into the Transcend.
OPTIONAL Portable Solar Charger
The optional Transcend Portable Solar Charger will re-charge the Transcend Battery using the energy of the sun. The solar panel is small and lightweight. In optimal conditions with direct sun, the Mulit-Night Battery will charge in approximately 12 hours.
Optional Mobile Power Adapter
The Transcend miniCPAP™ offers a Mobile Power Adapter that plugs into a standard DC power supply. The mobile adapter can be used to power the Transcend miniCPAP™ throughout the night without draining the vehicle's battery.
Notes Regarding the Optional Transcend Batteries:
- Battery Charge Cycles: Per the manufacturer, the Transcend batteries each have an average life span of 300 charging cycles.
- Battery Charge Times: The manufacturer provides the following information regarding charge time from a dead charge to full:
- Battery Run Times: The manufacturer provides the following information regarding the run time for the batteries starting with a full charge when using a pressure of 14 cmwp. The manufacturer notes the run times are dependent on altitude, temperature, leak rate and breathing pattern of the user. Higher pressure settings will decrease battery run time.
- Overnight Transcend Battery: Approximately 7 - 9 Hours
- Multinight Transcend Battery: Approximately 14 - 16 Hours