The user manuals included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: Transcend User Guide and Transcend Software Guide.
miniCPAP Warranty Tip
Please Note: This manufacturer provides refurbished units as warranty replacements. To provide Somnetics with feedback on this policy, please use this email or call 877-621-9626.
Filter Change Note: Latch vs. Button
In 2013 the filter was changed for the Transcend line of machines.
- Previously the filter media and base were permanently attached. The filter base was removed from the Transcend unit by unhooking and unlatching a latch on the bottom of the base itself.
- With the updated design a push button replaces the latch. The media and base are separated and are removed by depressing the button on one end of the base to allow the base to be removed from the machine itself.
- The bottom of the machine itself was changed as well to accommodate the new style.
Important Filter Compatibility Note
The old style filter will not fit onto a machine designed for the new filter. Likewise a new style filter will not fit on a machine designed for the old filter.
You can view and order the old style filter here. The new style filter can be viewed and ordered here. The new filter frame can be viewed here.
Transcend Filter Care: The manufacturer recommends washing the Transcend Filter weekly using a 5% mild liquid detergent and distilled water. Allow the filter to air dry before reinstalling. An example of a mild detergent is Tide Free & Gentle.
Sound Level Tips
Although the Transcend miniCPAP has a low decibel rating of 29 dBA, some users report a noticeable pitch from the machine's motor, which may be a result of its reduced size. Unlike larger machines, smaller travel CPAPs have less internal room and components to absorb the sound of the motor. To help reduce the sound of the motor, consider adding the Q-Tube In-Line CPAP Muffler Kit to the device.
- Required Hose Adapter Included: The Transcend Universal Hose Adapter is required to connect the long hose to the Transcend Auto machine. Both the hose adapter and long hose are included with the machine purchase.
- Hose Adapter Updated: In mid-2014 the manufacturer made an update to the hose adapter included with the Transcend line of machines. The updated adapter has a hard support cuff surrounding the silicone machine connection. The swivel end of the adapter connects to the long hose. The non-swivel end of the adapter connects to the hose port on the machine.
- Universal Hose Adapter May Be Attached To Hose: The Transcend miniCPAP™ includes the Universal Hose Adapter and a 6 foot hose. The manufacturer may package the Transcend miniCPAP™ with the universal hose adapter already connected to the long hose. If the adapter is inserted onto the machine, the connection may be very tight but the two pieces are NOT permanently attached. They can be separated. To remove the white adapter, leverage it against the rubber hose cuff and twist it off.
- USB Cable: The Transcend miniCPAP™ package includes a USB cable needed to change the settings on the machine. Alternately, any standard USB cable can be used for this purpose. CPAP.com offers the 3 ft. USB 2.0 Type A Male to Mini B Male Cable as an option.
- Power Supply Design: Prior to Fall of 2013, the power supply included with the Transcend line of machines was made of only two parts - the power supply and cord and did not offer the mulit-country adapters. The connection to the Transcend machine is unchanged between the two design versions.
- Transcend Software System Compatibility: The software used by the Transcend miniCPAP™ is compatible with Window XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 using a 32-bit or 64-bit system. The Transcend software is not compatible with the Apple operating systems. Please Note: If using recent Windows versions, the USB drivers may require updates. It is best to contact the manufacturer of the computer for update instructions.
- Software Download: The Somnetics Software Revision C for the Transcend machines can be downloaded here: Transcend Software Revision C Download. For more details, refer to the Transcend Software User Manual.
- Oxygen Use: Though Oxygen can be connected to Transcend miniCPAP devices, the manufacturer recommends that Oxygen not be used with this machine.
- Therapy Pressure Range: The Transcend miniCPAP™ has pressures of 4 to 20 cm H2O available for therapy. When first released to the market, the Transcend miniCPAP™ machines were shipped with software offering pressures of 6 to 16 cm H2O. If your software does not offer the extended range options, or if an original copy is not available, it can be downloaded here Transcend miniCPAP™ Software Update.
- Color Change: In late 2012 the color of the Air Inlet Filter and display panel for the Transcend miniCPAP™ changed from light blue to light gray. This change in color does not affect the function of the Transcend machine.
- FAA Compliance Letter for Somnetics Transcend: Click Here to View.
- Large Leak Response: When a large leak is detected by the Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine the machine will quickly ramp up to a high pressure and then shut off. If this occurs, please check to verify that the Transcend Universal Hose Adapter is installed correctly. The hose and pressure line ports on the machine must be fully connected to the Hose Adapter to avoid pressure loss. The pressure line port must be firmly seated into the tear drop shaped area on the adapter. If the issue is not corrected, check to be certain the mask and hose have a secure connection. Further, ensure the mask is adjusted properly to provide a good seal on the face.
Notes About the OPTIONAL Transcend Heated Humidifier and Battery:
- Per the manufacturer information, the Transcend battery has an average life span of 300 charging cycles.
- The Transcend Heated Humidifier does not draw power from the Transcend machine.
- The Transcend Heated Humidifier cannot be powered by the Transcend Battery.
- The travel bag included with Transcend machines is not large enough to hold both the Transcend Heated Humidifier and the machine.
Backup Battery Configurations:
Please Note: In a situation where a power outage is expected but not certain, the battery can be used as a failover. While AC power is available the battery will not loose life cycles.
The Transcend miniCPAP™ machines can be connected to the OPTIONAL Transcend Multi-Night Battery and to AC power without causing the lifespan of the battery to decrease. The battery is designed to provide AC power to the machine while it is available, and transition immediately to DC power from the battery if AC power should fail. Once AC power is restored, the battery will begin providing that power to the machine again.
To learn more about the Transcend Multi-Night Battery, visit the page here.
What Can My Transcend Travel Bag Hold?
The Travel Bag for Transcend CPAP Machines that is included with the machine is designed to carry the machine, the hose, the power cable, and some mask types. The bag can accommodate nasal pillow masks and nasal masks. A full face mask and total face mask will not fit in the bag. The optional Transcend Heated Humidifier WILL NOT fit in this bag. The larger Travel Bag for Transcend Machine and Heated Humidifier must be purchased if planning to travel with the humidifier.
The Travel Bag for Transcend Machine and Heated Humidifier is designed to carry the machine, humidifier, hose, power cable, and some mask types. The bag can accommodate nasal pillow masks, nasal masks, and full face masks. A total face mask will not fit in the bag.
CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- If sending in machine for warranty consideration, ship only the unit that is malfunctioning, along with the power cord. Do not ship the carrying case or hose
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.