Transcend Heated Humidifier
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
The Transcend Heated Humidifier is designed for use with the innovative Transcend line of machines. Add warm humidification to the air stream to increase therapy comfort.
The Transcend Heated Humidifier works with all machines in the very popular line of Transcend machines from Somnetics adding the comfort of warm, moist air to the therapy air stream. The unique design of the humidifier cradles the machine.
Transcend Heated Humidifier humidification level is easily and clearly set and changed using the dial on the front of the humidifier body. The humidifier offers 6 levels of humidification with a maximum humidification level of 80%. Set the dial to 5 (five) to receive the highest level of humidification. Set the humidifier to 0 (zero) to use it as a passover or cool humidifier.
The humidifier chamber is designed to hold 325 ml of water which is approximately 1 1/3 cups. This is comparable to other humidifier chambers on the market.
Transcend machines and heated humidifiers are compatible with all CPAP masks.
- Transcend EZEX Travel CPAP Machine
- Transcend Travel CPAP Machine
- Transcend Auto Travel CPAP Machine with EZEX
Please Note: The Transcend Heated Humidifier will not fit in the standard travel bag provided with Transcend machines. However, Somnetics does offer the Travel Bag for Transcend Machine and Heated Humidifier designed to hold a Transcend machine, heated humidifier, power cords and cables, as well most masks with headgear.
This Product Includes...
- Heated Humidifier
- Power Cord
- Water Chamber
Transcend Heated Humidifier Specification
Dimensions: 9 in x 5.5 in x 4.7 in (22.9 cm x 14 cm x 11.9 cm)
Weight: 2.2 lbs (Empty), 3.1 lbs (With water to max fill line)
Power Supply Input Range: 100-240V, 50-60 Hz (Must use International Power Cord for Transcend Heated Humidifier internationally)
Water Capacity: 325 mL
Working Pressure Range: 4 - 20 cm H2O
Inspiratory/Expiratory Pressure Drop: 0.375 cm H2O @ 50 LPM (Liters per Minute)
Warm-up Time: Up to 1 hour depending on heat setting
Heater Settings: 1 to 5
Max Heating Plate Temperature: 131°F (55°C)
Operating Temperature: 41-95°F (5-35°C)
Max Gas Temperature: 77°F (25°C)
Standards Compliance: EN 60601-1: Class II; Type BF; IP22; IEC 60601-1-2 EMC compatibility
- Heated Humidifier - 2 Years
- Water Chamber - 6 Months
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
The user manual included with this humidifier can be viewed and downloaded here: Transcend Heated Humidifier.
Humidifier Power Cord: Please note that the Transcend machine and the Transcend Heated Humidifier have separate power cords. The heated humidifier does not share power with the machine. Therefore, both must be plugged into an outlet to operate. When powering a Transcend machine using a Transcend Battery the humidifier will not receive power from the battery.
Avoid Water Damage: Empty the water reservoir before moving or traveling with the Transcend Heated Humidifier to avoid possible water damage to a connected Transcend machine.
Maximum Fill Level Tips
- Do not fill the water tank above the maximum fill line. Damage to the humidifier or therapy device may occur. If the water tank is overfilled, water may leak out of the tank inlet (located on the back of the tank) when installing the tank lid.
- Use only room temperature distilled water in the tank. Do not put any chemicals or additives into the water. Possible airway irritation or damage to the water tank may result.
- Remove the tank, empty all water, and replace the empty tank before transporting the humidifier base.
- Do not attempt to fill the water tank while it is inside the humidifier.
- To avoid spilling, do not disconnect the humidifier from the therapy device with water in the tank. Remove the water tank from the humidifier before disconnecting the therapy device.
- Do not turn the humidifier on without the water tank installed. The Humidifier number setting must remain on 0 if there is no water in the water tank.
- The humidifier door must be set in the open position before removing the water tank. Do not remove the water tank without making sure that the humidifier door locks into the open position.
- Do not move the humidifier while the water tank has water in it.
Transcend Universal Hose Adapter: The Transcend Universal Hose Adapter is NOT used when using a Transcend machine with the heated humidifier. Remove the Transcend Universal Hose Adapter prior to inserting the machine into the humidifier cradle.
Settings Note: To adust the heat setting on the Transcend Heated Humidifier simply turn the dial to the desired setting.
Water Chamber Flip Cap: The water chamber for the Transcend Heated Humidifier should be emptied daily. The manufacturer recommends using a vinegar rinse for cleaning.
LED Note: The leftmost LED will be solid green to indicate that the humidifier is receiving power. The middle LED will turn solid green when it is heating the water reservoir. The rightmost LED will turn red if the reservoir is not properly aligned and locked into place. If a fault occurs all 3 LED's will flash.
Heating Time Note: Please note: it may take up to an hour for the humidifier to reach the desired heating level once turned on.
- Unplug the power cord from the humidifier before moving, filling, or replacing the water reservoir.
- When removing the water reservoir take caution as the water and reservoir itself may still be hot.
- Overfilling of the water reservoir may result in water entering the machine and CPAP hosing.
- Improper handling of the water reservoir could result in water entering the CPAP hose when replacing the water reservoir.
- The Transcend machine must be in therapy mode for the humidifier to begin heating.
- Place the humidifier at a lower level than the head to prevent condensation collecting in the cpap hose.
This product comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the product needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the product describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 10101 Stafford Centre Drive, Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Humidifiers are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the product moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
The Transcend Heated Humidifier has its own power cord which must be plugged into a wall outlet for operation. It does not pull power from the Transcend machine with which it is being used.
Power inverters and other power adapters are not recommended to be used with the Transcend Heated Humidifier. The power cord included should be used to plug the humidifier directly into a compatible wall outlet. If using internationally, a International Power Cord for Transcend Heated Humidifier MUST be used to power the humidifier. Plug adapters CANNOT be used when powering the humidifier.
The Transcend Heated Humidifier cannot be powered by the Transcend Battery.
This is just a hot plate for the machine itself. You have to turn each one on separately. In the morning you have to turn them both off. They don't lock together it's just kind of a crappy design. I would return it and the Transcend in a heartbeat. more...
This product was very easy to setup and use. It may be too effective of a humidifier though. Any setting over level one on the humidity and I was taking an over night rainout shower. At 1 for me (14 cm pressure), it’s quite nice. All in all I am very happy with it. more...
It works great. My only negative is that the unit is larger than what youi might imagine. You could almost take your home unit when you travel. Easy to clean and prep for travel. Like I said it does exactly what it says it does. more...
Too big. Makes the small cpap a waste. Pops at night and wakes you up. Wish I could return the whole thing. Harder to travel with than my full size unit more...
It is frustrating that I was presented with the separate review forms for both but when I complete both and submit the review for the first what I wrote for the second - humidifier- was lost so I have to re-write that review!!! The humidifier seriously diminishes the reality of Mini- when considering a patient's total needs for CPCP therapy. Additionally, and most distressing, the very nice travel case for the Auto Mini-CPAP does not include room for the humidifier AND no travel case for the humidifier is presented or available. Considering the travel needs for both the CPAP machine plus humidifier, and tubing with mask I am very surprised no solution is available. more...