Z2 Auto User Manual
Here's a copy of the Z2 Auto User Manual for your reference.
Connecting to a Windows PC
You can plug the Z2 directly into your Windows PC by using a USB 2.0 or 3.0 cable, like the one included with the machine, and download your data from there. This feature is not available for Mac devices.
Tube Adapter Tips
To avoid damaging the silicone gasket connection on the Z2, please gently remove the tube adapter from the machine. Avoid using excessive force, as this can cause damage.
The Z2 Auto will work with any mask, except the specific masks designed for the AirMini.
HME Compatibility Tips
Please be advised, the HME Waterless Humidification System will not work with masks that use short tubes. Because the HME unit needs to be close to the face in order to work, short tubes are too long and prevent the HME from working. For optimal compatibility with the HME, please avoid mask designs using a short tube.
OPTIONAL PowerShell Battery Use & Charging:
The Z2 battery must be connected to the PowerShell’s extended life battery for charging, and the charge information is displayed on the screen. If the machine is not connected to the rechargeable lithium-ion battery, it will be impossible to know the charge level of the battery.
Battery runtimes will vary depending on device settings and operating pressure, with higher settings draining the battery faster than lower settings.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not leave the battery connected to the charger after the device is fully charged. Over time, doing so will cause a decrease in the lifespan and runtimes of the battery.
OPTIONAL PowerShell & Battery Charge Bars: When the machine and battery are plugged in and charging, the display on the machine will show a series of bars that indicate the battery charge level. Here's a chart showing what the bars mean:
- 1 Bar = 10-25% power remaining
- 2 Bars = 25-50% power remaining
- 3 Bars = 50-75% power remaining
- 4 Bars = 75-100% power remaining
Not for Use with Supplemental Oxygen
The Z2 is not designed for use with supplemental oxygen. Do not attempt to use supplemental oxygen with the Z2 machine as this can cause injury, damage, or loss.
- Hose: Replace Once Every 6 to 12 Months
- Disposable Filter: Replace Once Each Month
- Heat Moisture Exchange Unit: Replace Once Each Week
- Qtube Muffler: Replace the Foam Once Every 14 Days
Product GTIN: 859477004017
Using Your New Z2 Auto for the First Time
When your new Z2 Auto arrives, there's no need to set the machine to your prescribed pressure, as that was done before we mailed it to you. Out of the box, your machine is ready to start providing great therapy once you connect the hose, Qtube, and HME. To get started using your new Z2 follow these steps:
Connecting the Hose, Qtube, and HME
- Connect one end of the eight-inch CPAP tubing to the round end of the tube adapter then insert the other end of the tube adapter into the outlet of the Z2.
- Connect the other end of the eight-inch CPAP tubing to one end of the Qtube. Connect the other end of the Qtube to the four-foot CPAP tubing.
- Connect the end of the four-foot CPAP tubing to the HME and then connect the HME to the mask.
- Make sure all connections are tight to avoid leaks.
Installing the Filter
Your new Z2 Auto comes with the filter pre-installed, so you won't need to install the filter as part of the setup process.
Connecting the Power Cords
- Plug the AC power cord into the AC adapter.
- Plug the AC power cord into a wall outlet.
- Plug the AC adapter into your Z2.
- Your Z2 will power up and cycle through a series of startup displays.
- After about 10 seconds, your Z2 will enter standby mode. The display will read 0.0.
Replacing the Filter
- Remove the end cap from the Z2, while holding the body of the Z2 in one hand. With your other hand, firmly squeeze on the sides of the end cap and pull it down and away from the Z2.
- Discard the used filter.
- Remove the new filter from its packaging.
- Insert the new filter into the end cap, positioning the arched side of the filter in line with the top of the end cap. Ensure the filter covers all holes in the end cap so that all air entering the Z2 passes through the filter and no air bypasses the filter.
- Press the end cap onto the Z2.
Hose Cleaning Tips
- Pour a mixture of mild soap and water or vinegar into the hose and swirl it around so that it coats the sides of the hose.
- Use a tube brush to scrub the interior of the hose, making sure you remove all deposits.
- Set aside to drip dry before your next use.