Z2 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
29% quieter than the popular Z1 Auto Travel, the Human Design Medical Z2 Auto CPAP Machine packs the same power of a standard at-home machine while fitting into the palm of your hand. Meeting all your traveling needs, the Z2 Auto is FAA compliant and features waterless humidification, making it perfect for on-the-go lifestyles.
Learn More About the Z2 Auto CPAP Machine:
- 29% Quieter Than the Z1 Auto and Includes the Qtube In-line CPAP Muffler
- One of the Lightest Travel CPAP Machines on the Market Today
- Seamlessly Integrated Bluetooth Allows for Advanced Data Tracking On-the-Go
- The Z2 Auto Intuitively Adjusts to Your Pressure Needs
- Start and Stop Your Therapy by Breathing
- The Ideal Waterless Humidification System for Travelers
Now offering a 30-day risk-free trial on the Z2 Auto Travel CPAP Machine! If you're not 100% happy with the Z2 Auto Travel Machine, you can return it for a full refund, and we'll help you find the machine that's right for you.
- Light Sleepers
- Avid Travelers
- Devoted Campers
- If You Are Seeking App Integration Technology
29% Quieter Than the Z1 Auto and Includes the Qtube In-line CPAP Muffler
The Z2 Auto is designed to minimize the pitch of the motor for optimal comfort. At only 26 decibels, the Z2 Auto is quieter than a whisper, working silently in the background while you sleep. For the ultimate light sleeper, we’ve paired the Z2 Auto with the Qtube In-line Muffler to reduce additional noise between your mask and CPAP tube.
One of the Lightest Travel CPAP Machines on the Market Today
Weighing in at a mere 10.5 ounces, the Z2 Auto is one of the lightest mini CPAP machines on the market today. Fitting easily in your hand, the Z2 Auto’s lightweight and compact design makes it simple to pack in any carryon bag.
Seamlessly Integrated Bluetooth Allows for Advanced Data Tracking On-the-Go
Using the Nitelog App for iOS and Android, track and follow your treatment success from your phone. The Z2 Auto syncs automatically with your app via Bluetooth and enables you to share your nightly reports with your care team from anywhere.
The Z2 Auto Intuitively Adjusts to Your Pressure Needs
Unlike fixed-pressure CPAP machines, the Z2 Auto adapts to your pressure needs throughout the night, ensuring you always receive the lowest necessary pressure. And to make it easier to exhale, the Z2 Auto features Z-Breathe technology, which temporarily reduces the pressure during exhalation and helps you breathe naturally throughout the night.
Start and Stop Your Therapy by Breathing
You’re in full control with the Z2 Auto—to start your machine, simply put on your mask and begin breathing. When you wake up, the Z2 Auto detects changes in your breathing patterns and automatically stops, helping you ease into your morning.
- Z2 Auto CPAP Machine
- Qtube In-line CPAP Muffler Kit
- 4 Foot Slim Style Z1/Z2 Tube
- Heat Moisture Exchange Unit
- Tube Adapter for Z1/Z2 Machines
- 2 Disposable Filters for Z1/Z2 Machines
- USB Cable
- AC Power Supply
- User Manual
- Getting Started Guide
This Product Includes...
- Dimensions: (L x W x H) 6.48" X 3.30" X 2.02" (16.46 cm x 8.38 cm x 5.13 cm)
- Weight: 10.4 oz. (.65 lbs)
- Pressure Range: 4 - 20 cm H2O
- Pressure Setting Increments: .5 cmH2O
- Voltage Requirements: 100–240V, 50–60Hz
- Operating Temperature: 41° F to 95° F (5° C to 35°C)
- Operating Humidity: 10–80% Relative Humidity
- Max Altitude: 8,000 ft (2,433 m)
- Storage Temperature: -4° F to +140° F (-20°C to +60° C)
- Transport Altitude: No limit
- FAA Compliant? Yes.
- Available Modes: Standby, APAP, CPAP, and CPAP with Ramp
- Typical Power Consumption: 20W (30VA)
- Maximum Power Consumption: 35W (70VA)
- Sound Level: 26 dBA
- Casing Materials Flame retardant engineered thermoplastic
- Can it Be Used with Oxygen? Not for use with oxygen
- Warranty: 2 years
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Using Your New Z2 Auto for the First Time
When your new Z2 Auto arrives, there's no need to set the machine to your prescribed pressure, as that was done before we mailed it to you. Out of the box, your machine is ready to start providing great therapy once you connect the hose, Qtube, and HME. To get started using your new Z2 follow these steps:
Connecting the Hose, Qtube, and HME
- Connect one end of the eight-inch CPAP tubing to the round end of the tube adapter then insert the other end of the tube adapter into the outlet of the Z2.
- Connect the other end of the eight-inch CPAP tubing to one end of the Qtube. Connect the other end of the Qtube to the four-foot CPAP tubing.
- Connect the end of the four-foot CPAP tubing to the HME and then connect the HME to the mask.
- Make sure all connections are tight to avoid leaks.
Installing the Filter
Your new Z2 Auto comes with the filter pre-installed, so you won't need to install the filter as part of the setup process.
Connecting the Power Cords
- Plug the AC power cord into the AC adapter.
- Plug the AC power cord into a wall outlet.
- Plug the AC adapter into your Z2.
- Your Z2 will power up and cycle through a series of startup displays.
- After about 10 seconds, your Z2 will enter standby mode. The display will read 0.0.
Replacing the Filter
- Remove the end cap from the Z2, while holding the body of the Z2 in one hand. With your other hand, firmly squeeze on the sides of the end cap and pull it down and away from the Z2.
- Discard the used filter.
- Remove the new filter from its packaging.
- Insert the new filter into the end cap, positioning the arched side of the filter in line with the top of the end cap. Ensure the filter covers all holes in the end cap so that all air entering the Z2 passes through the filter and no air bypasses the filter.
- Press the end cap onto the Z2.
Hose Cleaning Tips
- Pour a mixture of mild soap and water or vinegar into the hose and swirl it around so that it coats the sides of the hose.
- Use a tube brush to scrub the interior of the hose, making sure you remove all deposits.
- Set aside to drip dry before your next use.
- Hose: Replace Once Every 6 to 12 Months
- Disposable Filter: Replace Once Each Month
- Heat Moisture Exchange Unit: Replace Once Each Week
- Qtube Muffler: Replace the Foam Once Every 14 Days
Medistrom Pilot-12 Lite with Z2 Adapter Kit
The Medistrom Pilot-12 Lite is designed to work with 12 volt machines like the Z2, provided you purchase the Z2 Adapter Kit. This helpful kit will allow you to make the connection to your Z2 using one cord, and won't require you to use an inverter, giving you extra runtime.
Portable Outlet CPAP Battery
The Portable Outlet creates hours of AC outlet power you can take on the road with you when you travel. To connect your machine to the Portable Outlet, all you'll need is your Z2's power supply. Just plug it in, and you're ready to go. It can give you a decent runtime even if you use humidification, and it can power any electrical device.
PowerShell with Extended Battery
If you already own the Z1, you'll be pleased to know that the same PowerShell Battery for the Z1 is also compatible with the Z2! There's nothing extra to buy to make your existing battery connect to the Z2.
The PowerShell Battery is designed for the Z series of CPAP and APAP machines, and can power the Z2 for approximately 8 hours on the highest pressure settings. The PowerShell Battery can also be used as a battery backup in the event power should fail in the middle of the night, keeping therapy running seamlessly for the rest of the night.
Actual run times will vary, depending on device settings and pressure. Higher pressures will deplete the battery faster than lower pressure settings.
The Z2 is also compatible with the Freedom Travel Battery. In order to use the Freedom Travel Battery, you must use a 150 Watt Sine Wave Inverter, converting the DC power from the Freedom to AC power the Z2 Auto can use. Keep in mind, using an inverter will drain the battery at a much faster rate than it would otherwise.
Very small and lightweight. Very quiet operation. Does the job well.
Easy to set up and quiet when I was using it. This is so much nicer than packing and toting my regular machine. I'm glad I bought it. more...
This is a nice travel machine, compact with attachments. Not as quiet as a house machine but you should not expect that it would be. For what it is designed to do it does well. I am going to buy another as spare. more...
1 person found this helpful.
I use an airsense for everyday use, but it requires water for travel. Thus, I wanted a travel cpap. The z2 humidifies without water. Cpap.com also offered a great deal on it, so I bought it. I tried it for two nights just to be sure it would suffice. It is noisier than my regular machine. You hear a whooshing sound at the mask, but I still fell asleep and the noise didn't bother my wife who has super sensitive hearing. I was hoping to be able to put it in a small travel case; but, when you take into consideration the machine, a six-foot hose, the muffler, the humidifier attachment, and the mask, a suitable travel case won't be much smaller than that for my airsense. But it doesn't need water, so I think I'll keep it. more...
1 person found this helpful.
As a 20 year cap user, this is my 3rd travel machine and 6 machine overall. This machine is very small and quiet. The moisture recapture device works for me. I have tested and can get 2 nights sleep from one full battery charge. I have a friend who has another brand of travel that doesn’t allow battery power and that would not work for me as I backpack Customer service is always knowledgeable and helpful and deliveries are quick. Long time mirage swift user. Good mask. more...
1 person found this helpful.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturerHuman Design MedicalResMedResMedTypeAutoAPAPAPAPWarranty2 years2 Years2 YearsSound Level26db26.6 dBA30 dBAQuietYesYesNoManuals IncludedPatient / Getting StartedPatient/Quick SetupPatient
DimensionsTravel SizedYesYesYesUnder 3 lbsYesYesYesMachine Weight0.65 lbs2.750.66 lbsEntire Weight2 lbs 8.64 oz5.1 lbs2.06 lbsEntire Size10" x 8.5" x 4.5"10.04" x 4.75" x 5.91"NAEntire Package Size10" x 8.5" x 4.5"13.24" x 10" x 5"12.25 in L x 4.6 in W x 3Machine Size Only6.48" x 3.3" x 2.02"NA5.4 in L x 3.3 in W x 2.1
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierNoHumidAirNoBuilt-In HumidifierNoYesNoHeated Humidifier TypeNABuilt InNAAmbient Rainout ReductionNoAutoClimateControlNoIntegrated Heated HoseNoClimateLineAireNoHumidifier Water CapacityNA380mLNA
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentYesYesYesPressure Range4-20 cm H2O4-20cm H2O4-20 cm H2OEPAP Pressure RangeNoNANAEasy BreathingZBreatheAutoSet with EPRAutoSet with EPRRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeYesYesYesLeak CompensationYesYesNoMax Operating Altitude8,000 ft8,500 ft8,500 ft
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationYesYesNoVoltage Range100-240V AC100-240V100-240V ACOptional DC CableYesYesYesIntegrated BatteryYesNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataNoYesYesData CardNoYesNoOptional SoftwareYesResScanAirMini App
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentYesYesYesAuto ON/OFFYesYesYesMask Off AlertYes (On Screen)NoNoSpontaneousNoNoNoTimedNoNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesYesNoBacklight Shuts OffYesYesNA