Last Modified: July 2, 2020
US Expediters, Inc. dba CPAP.com (“Company” or “We” or “Our”) respects your privacy and wants you to understand our data practices as explained in this policy.
This policy describes the types of Personal Information (defined below) we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit or use the website, CPAP.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that Personal Information (defined below), as well as our Website-related information practices more generally.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Our Data Collection:
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and credit card or other financial information used for verification of identity or payment for purchases (“Personal Information”).
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services such as the newsletter, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us via the Website;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website; and
- your search queries on the Website.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other Tracking Technologies (defined below)(“Usage Information”). For instance, as you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Usage Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We, and third parties, also may use Tracking Technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
We collect statistical data that we may maintain or associate with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection (“Tracking Technologies”) may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website or marketing communications may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or interacted with our marketing communications and for other related website statistics.
Third Party Data Collection:
In addition, we may collect information from third parties, including in connection with the Website, and third parties may collect data about you via or in connection with the Website.
Business entities may provide us with aggregated information when you elect to use their services. We may also collect demographic and traffic data from third parties. As further example, if you incur a debt to us, we may run a credit check, as permitted by law, to collect such a debt; or if the information you provide cannot be verified, we may ask you to send us additional information.
In addition, the Website may include links to websites, locations, platforms, applications or services operated by third parties (“Third-Party Service(s)”). These Third-Party Services may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other Tracking Technology to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Information from you.
Certain functionalities on the Website permit interactions that you initiate between the Website and certain Third-Party Services, such as third-party social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include: enabling you to send content such as contacts and photos between the Website and a Third-Party Service; “liking” or “sharing” Company’s content; and to otherwise connect the Website to a Third-Party Service (e.g., to pull or push information to or from the Website). If you use Social Features, and potentially other Third-Party Services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on the Website or by the Third-Party Service that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third-party service that references the Website (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Company in a tweet or status update), your post may be used on or in connection with the Website or otherwise by Company. Also, both Company and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Website and any Third-Party Service.
Company’s agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) may receive, or be given access to your information, including, without limitation, Personal Information and Usage Information, in connection with their work on Company’s behalf, provided however, Company does not authorize its Service Providers to use Personal Information provided by Company to the Service Providers to send you direct marketing messages other than related to Company absent your consent.
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on or related to the Website are Third-Party Services, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers. These third parties may use Tracking Technologies to collect information about you when you use the Website as more fully set forth above. We do not control these third parties, their Tracking Technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
- present our Website and its contents to you;
- proffer the services and customer assistance that you request;
- resolve disputes, collect monies, and troubleshoot issues;
- enforce our User Agreement, and defend against possible prohibited or illegal actions;
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- personalize, measure, and enhance the services, content, and advertising offered on the Website;
- provide you with information regarding special offers, website or policy updates, and targeted communications;
- examine information for accurateness, and verify it with third parties;
- provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- provide you with notices about your account;
- notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though them; and/or
- provide you with a newsletter if you subscribe to such service.
We may also use your information in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or for any purpose to which you consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own or third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display interest-based, targeted, and retargeted advertising. Such advertising may be based on your interactions with an advertisement and your activities on the Website, including the specific products you have looked at or purchased. Note that targeted advertisements may be based on the likely medical conditions associated with products you have looked at or purchased.
Company may share Personal Information (provided that Company is aware of no restrictions of Company’s use, if any), with third parties for any purpose, subject to applicable law.
Your activities on the Website may, by their nature, result in the sharing of your Personal Information (as well as your other Personal Information) with third parties (e.g., accessing Third-Party Services) and by engaging in these activities you consent to that and further sharing and disclosure to third parties. Such third-party data receipt and collection is subject to the privacy and business practices of that third party, not Company.
- Company’s Service Providers, as more fully set forth in the Third Parties section above. Examples include:
- to contracted third parties who help with our business operations such as investigation of fraud, or bill collection; and
- if you sign up for the newsletter or participate in a survey, we will disclose your email address to third party contractors that perform such services on our behalf.
- To comply with the law, law enforcement or other legal process, and in response to a government request;
- If Company believes your actions are inconsistent with Company’s User Agreements, or other applicable terms or policies, or to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of Company, the Website or its users, or any third party;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address in order to receive newsletters, we will use your email in fulfilling such request. If you give us your email in order to place an order and fail to pay for the item ordered, we may send you a follow-up email letting you know that payment is still needed so that you can complete the order;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
In addition, Company may share your Personal Information, in connection with or during negotiations of any proposed or actual financing of our business, or merger, purchase, sale, joint venture, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of Company assets, or transfer of all or a portion of Company’s business to another company, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding (“Corporate Transactions”).
We provide an opt-in newsletter that is delivered through email to users who have subscribed to receive these newsletters.
Company may also from time to time contact its customers for various promotional reasons such as customer surveys, product replacement reminders, user reviews, and special promotions concerning products and services we offer.
It is also customary for Company to send out emails or use other communications to contact you regarding your orders with Company or for other non-promotional purposes related to your transactions with us, such as legal notices. For example, when you place an order with Company, we may send out via email, an order confirmation and, once shipped, a shipping confirmation. We may also send you follow-up emails regarding payment for items ordered. These types of communications are necessary and required in the normal course of transacting with Company.
We occasionally survey visitors to our Website. The information from these surveys is used by us and our Service Providers to help us understand the needs of our visitors so that we can improve our Website. In addition, the information may be shared in an aggregated form with third parties with whom we have a business relationship, such as suppliers of the products we sell.
The password you choose is indispensable to access your account. Use a combination of unique identifiers (letters, numbers, and characters), and do not give away your Website password to anybody. If for some reason you decide to give away your password or your personal information to others, be aware that you are accountable and liable for any and all activity executed under your account. If your password is compromised, you may lose considerable control over your Personal Information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Accordingly, if for any reason you have revealed or lost control of your password, then you should notify Company and change your password without delay.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies Generally. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately. Also, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies (also known as locally shared objects), HTML5 cookies, or other Tracking Technologies. For information on disabling Flash cookies, go to Adobe’s website. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of the Website may not work and that when you revisit the Website your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many online services, Company currently does not alter Company’s practices when Company receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you can visit this site. Company is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this third-party information. Some third parties, however, may offer you choices regarding their Tracking Technologies. One way to potentially identify cookies on our Website is to add the free Ghostery plug-in to your browser, which according to Ghostery will display for you traditional, browser-based cookies associated with the web sites (but not mobile apps) you visit and privacy and opt-out policies and options of the parties operating those cookies. Company is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this tool or third-party choice notices or mechanisms. For specific information on some of the choice options offered by third-party analytics and advertising providers, see the next section.
- Promotional Offers and Newsletters from the Company. If you do not wish us to use your email address to send you emails to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email messages or by contacting Company Customer Support to request a change in your e-mail promotional preferences. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions. In addition, you may unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking here and submitting the same email address used to subscribe.
Your Account Information. Company may provide web pages or other mechanisms allowing you to delete, correct, or update your Personal Information, and potentially certain other information about you (e.g., account information). You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access or to request amendment of any Personal Information that you have provided to us. Company will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in Company’s then-active databases as soon as practicable, but it is not always possible to completely change, remove or delete all of your information or public postings from Company’s databases and residual and/or cached data may remain archived thereafter.
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request certain details about how their “personal information” (as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83) is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California customers to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing.
California residents may have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, as set forth in our California Consumer Privacy Notice here.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Your information is protected by administrative, physical and technological security measures. However, as you may be aware, third parties may illegally intercept or access transmissions of your personal data or exchanges of information over the Internet, and there is the possibility that users may mistreat or mishandle your personal information that they find or gather during your interactions on the Website. Consequently, while we do our best to safeguard your privacy, we in no way guarantee, and you should not have the expectation, that your personal data or exchanges of information over the Internet will always remain private. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Email messages are not typically secure so we do not recommend sending us any sensitive health or critical financial information (such as credit cards numbers, bank account numbers, or similar information) via email. If you choose to provide this type of information via email, you do so at your own risk.. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like product reviews. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off of your Website account when finished using a shared computer.