RESmart™ CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Check out the newer model hereDreamStation CPAP Machine
RESmart™ CPAP Machine with Humidifier Overview
Offering advanced features, the RESmart™ CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier is a cost effective option for treating Sleep Apnea. Increasing therapy comfort, RESlex™ Exhalation Relief eases the exhalation process making it easier to breathe out against the air flow. Access advanced data remotely with the built in iCode™ function and view the data from the last session of use on the screen. Included in this bundle is the integrated Heated Humidifier to further enhance therapy comfort.
RESmart CPAP Machine is a single pressure machine that delivers an air stream at a set pressure to maintain the airway during sleep.
- RESlex Pressure Relief
- iCode™ Remote Advanced Data
- 365 Days of On Board Memory
- Auto On-Off Feature
- Auto Altitude Compensation
- Power Off Alert
- Leak Alert
- Integrated Heated Humidifier Included
- Easy Carry Handle
RESlex Pressure Relief
Pressure relief at the time of exhalation increases therapy comfort, especially for new users of Sleep Thearapy. RESlex reduces the air stream pressure during exhalation making it easier to breathe out against the flow. RESlex can be set to a level of 0, 1, 2, or 3 with 3 being the largest drop in pressure at exhalation. On the RESmart CPAP, the RESlex setting comes with a default of 0 or 'off'. The Important Tips tab of this page includes information on accessing the Patient Menu to set the RESlex level.
Therapy Data and iCode
Enter iCode here: iCode Report Site.
RESmart makes sleep therapy advanced data available remotely. The RESmart iCodes are displayed in the patient menu. View a sample of the RESmart iCode Sample Report showing:
- Day of Therapy Greater Than 4 Hours
- % of Days with Therapy Greater Than 4 Hours
- Average Daily Compliance
- Average Pressure
- Mean Pressure
- Apnea-Hypopnea Index (AHI)
- Snore Index (SNI)
The RESmart holds 365 days of information in the on board memory. When the data storage is full the oldest data drops off to make room for the new information. iCodes are available for:
- 1 Day
- 7 Days
- 30 Days
- 90 Days
- 182 Days
- 365 Days
The RESmart iCode Quick Reference Sheet is available for more information on iCode functions.
Built In Auto Features
The RESmart CPAP machine offers the following automatic features to make it easy to use and reliable. All alert features can be turned off in the set up menu if desired.
- Auto On-Off begins the flow of air when breathing is sensed in the mask and turns off when the breathing into the mask stops.
- Auto Altitude Compensation automatically adjusts between sea level and 8202 feet. The altitude can be manually set to 3 levels if desired- see the Specs tab for details. This may be beneficial for users living at very high altitudes.
- Power Off Alert audible alert sounds if the power to the device is interrupted during use.
- Auto Leak Alert audible alert sounds to notify the user of an open air circuit.
The RESmart heated humidifier snaps onto the front of the device using the same power supply as the machine. Set the humidifier between 1 and 5 based on desired therapy humidification level. The RESmart chamber is designed to avoid flow of water back into the machine from the humidifier reducing the chance of water damage to the machine.
This Product Includes...
- RESmart CPAP Machine
- Heated Humidifier for RESmart CPAP
- 6 Ft Hose (22mm)
- Carry Case
- Power Cord
- 2 Disposable Filters -1 Installed & 1 Extra
Machine & Humidifier Warranty 2 years
Pressure 4 to 20 cm H2O (.5 increments)
Ramp Time 0 to 60 min. (5-min. increments)
Starting Ramp Pressure 4 to set pressure
Machine Dimensions 8.7"L x 7.6"W x 4.4"D
Machine and Humidifier Dimensions 12.3"L x 7.6"W x 4.4"D
Machine Weight 3 lbs 8.44 oz (1.6 kg)
Machine & Humidifier Weight 5 lbs 4.66 oz (2.4 kg)
Filter Disposable - Dual Filtration
Sound level <30 dBA
Operating Altitude Sea level to 8202 ftManual Altitude Settings Can be used in addition to Auto Altitude Adjustment
- 0 = less than 2460 ft
- 1 = 2460 to 4921 ft
- 2 = 4921 to 8202 ft
Tubing Standard 6 Ft Hose, Flexible plastic, 22mm inner diameter
Device Set-Up Control Panel Push Buttons
Humidification Integrated Heated Humidifier or Pass-over Humidifier
DC Power Use with Inverter
Data Storage Capacity Display: 365 days summary data
Temperature Range for Operation of Machine 41 to 86° F (5-30° C)
Humidifier Temperature Output Settings 1 - 5 (104° to 149° F)
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
For information on settings, review the Quick Reference Sheet RESmart Auto & CPAP.
For information on iCodes and reports view the RESmart iCode Quick Reference Sheet.
RESmart machines use a standard, 22mm, non-heated hose. They are are not compatible with 15mm hoses.
RESlex Setting: The default setting for RESlex is turned off with a setting zero. RESlex is set in the Patient Menu. To access the Patient Menu:
- With the machine turned off, press and hold the Ramp button.
- The "Heater" setting will appear in the window.
- Step through the settings by pushing the "+" button. RESlex is the seventh setting.
- To change the RESlex setting, press the Ramp button one time, on the display screen a square next to the setting number will flash indicating it is active.
- Pressing the "+" and "-" buttons select the desired level of RESlex. 0=Off; 1= the least drop in pressure at the time of exhalation; 3= the most drop in pressure at the time of exhalation.
- Press the Ramp button once to set the RESlex setting.
- Step through the remaining 6 menu items by pressing the "+" button until reaching the word "SAVE"
- Press the Ramp button to LOCK IN any changes made. The screen will display will return to the ready mode.
- NOTE - If the settings are not locked in with SAVE the changes will not be in place when using the machine.
DelayOff with Humidifier Usage: If a humidifier was used during the therapy session, the machine will continue blowing in a 'DelayOff' mode at a very low pressure to cool off the heating elements. This is normal operation for the RESmart line of machines. This feature can be changed in the Patient Menu as detailed above for RESlex. Look for the feature "DelayOff".
When "Enable" is selected, a machine with humidifier will run at a low pressure to cool and dry the machine. When "Disable" is selected, a machine with a humidifier will turn off when the therapy session is ended.
Filter Change: Remove the filter cover by depressing the tab on the bottom of the cover and pulling up on the flare at the bottom of the cover. Insert the filter with the smooth, flat side facing INTO the machine. The textured side of the filter will be showing when installed correctly. Snap the filter cover back in place. Never install a wet filter.
Humidifier Chamber: The humidifier chamber is sealed and cannot be taken apart. It is recommended to fill and empty the chamber through the top port. Alternately, the silicone plug on top of the chamber can be removed to allow emptying. To replace the silicone plug, set the chamber on a hard, even surface, line up the tabs with the holes on the chamber and press firmly downward.
Use with In-Line Bacteria Filter: Please note that an in-line bacteria filter will fit snugly onto the RESmart heated humidifier, but will not make a proper connection to the machine without humidifier. A FlexiTube Angle Adapter for CPAP and BiPAP Machines can be used to connect the in-line bacteria filter to the machine without humidifier.
The RESmart™ CPAP machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
Weighing in at only 1.7 pounds, the Freedom Travel Battery can go almost anywhere, even off-the-grid. The Freedom Travel Battery is also certified by the FAA for in-flight use, meaning it's the perfect travel companion for long flights.
PLEASE NOTE: The Freedom Travel Battery can only connect to the RESmart by using a 150 Watt Sine Wave DC to AC Power Inverter (sold separately). The inverter converts DC power to AC power, allowing the AC power cord to plug into the inverter, and run off DC power. It should be noted that using an inverter can impact total DC run times.
Deep Cycle Batteries
While CPAP.com doesn't sell Deep Cycle (Car and Boat) Batteries, it is possible to connect to one of these lead-acid batteries with the 150 Watt Sine Wave DC to AC Power Inverter mentioned above.
Deep Cycle Batteries are available locally at most auto parts stores.
A CPAP machine provides air at a constant prescribed pressure. The air is delivered to the person through a tube and a CPAP mask. CPAP therapy provides a constant airflow which keeps the airway open so uninterrupted breathing is maintained during sleep. The air stream eliminates Sleep Apnea events and allows the person to get a restful sleep.
The level of air pressure required to maintain your airway is determined during your sleep study. Your doctor will write a prescription for a CPAP machine set at that pressure.
CPAP therapy is delivered through a nasal mask that seals around the nose, nasal pillows which seal at the nasal opening, or nasal prong masks that seal inside the nares. Full face masks are available for a person who breathes through both the nose and mouth. Many innovative and comfortable options are available and advances in the delivery of CPAP therapy are continually occurring.
For instance: Some machines offer a comfort feature such as FLEX or EPR technology. It provides exhalation relief, a slight drop in pressure at the time of exhalation to help make therapy more natural. APAP, BiPAP and BiLevel machines offer various levels of pressure throughout the night.
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available machines, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click on the question mark for a definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Travel CPAP Comparison Chart
APAP Comparison Chart
BiPAP Comparison Chart
- Browse Our Machine Product Categories. These categories show each machine our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in house opinion of the quality of the machine based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
CPAP Machine Category
APAP (Auto Adjusting) Machine Category
BiPAP (Two Pressure) Machine Category
We include information about the power needs and capacities on the CPAP.com pages our products. Please see the "POWER" tab on any machine product page for this information. You can also see a summary of the voltage range and whether it is DC capable on our Compare Charts.
Here is a video explaining differences in power cords and power supplies of various CPAP machines:
Here are some other suggested actions to care for your machine:
- Keep the area around your machine clean by removing any dust from the area to improve the air quality delivered to your machine and to you.
- Keep the air intake of the machine unblocked. Curtains, bedding, and papers can easily block the air intake of your machine, reducing the airflow.
- If a humidifier is used with your therapy, do not pick up the machine with the humidifier attached. With most machines it is easy to spill water from the humidifier chamber into the machine causing damage. Manufacturer warranties are voided by water damage to the machine. To avoid this, remove the chamber from the humidifier and then remove the humidifier from the machine rather than transporting them together.
- If a humidifier is used, empty the water from the chamber every morning. Accidents happen. If a family pet or family member moves the machine and humidifier with water in the chamber it is more likely that water could be spilled into your machine. Water damage to a machine voids the manufacturer warranty.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to email@example.com
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
- By Live Chat: Click on the Chat Now field in the lower right hand corner of the CPAP.com page. If after hours, click Leave a message to enter your question and we will get back in touch with you.
- By Phone: 800.356.5221 (%WeekDayStart% - %WeekDayEnd% CST Mon-Fri; %WeekEndStart% - %WeekEndEnd% CST Sat)
- Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Fax: 866.353.2727
- Could not find what you were looking for? Please send us your question. Question Submission Form
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
Cleaning and changing filters is the only maintenance required for a CPAP machine.
The filters are located at the back of the machine at the air intake.
Disposable filters and bacteria filters are not intended to be cleaned but rather changed out, disposing of the used filter. Manufacturers recommend changing the disposable filter once a month, more frequently if used in a very dusty environment.
APAPs tend to be more advanced than CPAPs in that they normally offer more therapy tracking information and more comfort features.
Every APAP machine can be placed in a CPAP mode to blow one straight pressure like a CPAP. However, CPAP machines cannot automatically adjust pressure like an APAP. This DeVilbiss IntelliPAP AutoAdjust is an example of an APAP machine that comes with built-in Smart Code therapy tracking software.
Here are some of our available APAP Machines:
DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine
Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
XT Auto CPAP Machine
+ See More
Compliance machines are basic machines which the manufacturers made to be able to track usage hours. Compliance tracking machines are a manufacturer response to Medicare requirements that mandate DME (Durable Medical Equipment) providers show the Medicare patient used the equipment for the required minimum number of hours set by Medicare. DME providers cannot continue to be paid by Medicare without this information.
There is one billing code for all CPAP and APAP machines. Therefore a DME will be paid the same from Medicare or insurance whether they provide a patient with a more expensive machine that is data capable with more comfort features or a basic compliance tracking machine. Therefore, compliance tracking machines are the most common type of machine that is provided to patients through local DMEs.
There is software created to show the compliance information from the machine, however CPAP.com does not recommend purchasing this software. This data will only tell you how many hours you actually used the machine. It will not tell you how effective your therapy is.
The following are the different types of exhalation relief names by manufacturer.
- Philips Respironics = C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex and Bi-Flex
- Resmed = EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief)
- 3B Medical = RESlex
- Apex Medical = PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) Pressure Relief
- Curative Medical = EUT (Expiratory Unloading Technology)
- DeVilbiss = SmartFlex
- Fisher & Paykel = SensAwake Technology
- Human Design Medical = Z-Breathe
- Somnetics = EZEX
Here are some machines with an exhalation relief feature:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
All the models CPAP.com sell contain power converters that enable the machine to operate on any AC current from 100 to 240 volts without any adjustment.
One my 2nd one. The first one died after about 1 year and it took over 6 weeks to get it replaced. Mostly because I was required to ship it to cpap.com and it took them 2 weeks to get it out to the manufacture. But only after a lot of follow-up. The replacement is dead after 11 months. I am not doing this again. more...
1 person found this helpful.
Great product for a great price bought at CPAP.com, a great company which I would recommend to my mom. Thank you
Had for one yr. Would NOT buy again too loud wife complained it kept her awake. Cheap price but too loud.
If you want a light cpap this isn't for you. It works well but is a bit on the noisy side but not to the point you can't get use to it. It was easy to setup and does what its suppose to do. For the money it works really well. more...
Seems to use a lot more water in cold water Humiderfier than I expected. Had to fill up every other day. more...
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturer3B MedicalResMedApex MedicalTypeCPAPCPAPCPAPWarranty2 Years2 Years2 YearsSound Level<30 dBA26.6 dBA28 dBQuietNoYesYesManuals IncludedPatient/ClinicianPatient/Quick SetupPatient
DimensionsTravel SizedNoYesYesUnder 3 lbsNoYesYesMachine Weight3.5 lbs2.751.87 lbsEntire Weight7.435.1 lbs5.4 lbsEntire Size12.3" x 7.6" x 4.4"10.04"x4.75"x5.91"10 in x 6.75 in x 5.5 inEntire Package Size13" x 8" x 9"13.24"x10"x5"13 in x 7.5 in x 8.5 inMachine Size Only8.7" x 7.6" x 4.4"NA5.7 in x 5.1 in x 3.9 in
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierRESmartHumidAirXT Heated HumidifierBuilt-In HumidifierNoYesNoHeated Humidifier TypeIntegratedBuilt InIntegratedAmbient Rainout ReductionNoAutoClimateControlNoIntegrated Heated HoseNoClimateLineAireNoHumidifier Water Capacity350 mL380mL300 mL
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentNoNoNoPressure Range4-20cm H204-20cm H2O4-20cm H2OEPAP Pressure RangeNANANAEasy BreathingRESlexEPR with Easy-BreatheNoRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeYesYesYesLeak CompensationN/AYesNoMax Operating Altitude8,500 ft8,000 ft (4-18 cm)
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationNoYesNoVoltage Range100-240V AC100-240V100-240V ACOptional DC CableNoYesNoIntegrated BatteryNoNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataYesYesNoData CardNoYesNoOptional SoftwareNoResScanNo
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentAutoAutoManualAuto ON/OFFYesYesNoMask Off AlertALARMNoNoSpontaneousNoNoNoTimedNoNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesYesBacklight Shuts OffYesNo