"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERThis battery is great. We could finally leave the house while my son was on his Cpap machine."
July 4, 2014
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERThis battery seems to work fine. I have used it 4 nights (while charging it each day). It is small enough to fit in my regular cpap bag."
August 12, 2014
The C-100 Battery from BPS has been discontinued and is no longer available. The next generation for the C-100 is the Freedom Travel Battery from BPS. The Freedom Travel Battery is compatible with many of the same machines the C-100 was compatible with, including the Respironics M Series and the System One 60 Series. Visit that page for more information.
Manufactured by Battery Power Solutions.
The C-100 Travel Battery Pack for CPAP Machines by Battery Power Solutions (BPS) is a small, lightweight Lithium Ion battery in a sleek design. More than just a battery, the kit includes the components needed to power many models of CPAP and BiPAP machines.
- Lightweight & Compact
- Travel Approved
- Components & Carry Bag
- Compatible with Most Models
- Pigtail Cord Included
- Can be Set as Battery Backup
- Accessories Available
Lightweight and Compact
At just 1.6 pounds the C-100 by BPS is one of the lightest CPAP batteries on the market. The flat design of the battery makes it easy to transport and use. The handy carry case is designed to hold the battery and all components in one easy to use bundle.
The BPS C-100 Travel Battery is powered by a Lithium Ion battery and complies with the FAA requirements for use when flying and sailing. Check with the specific travel carrier should you have any questions.
Included Components & Carry Bag
The C-100 Travel Battery Pack for CPAP Machines includes the components necessary for use with many makes and models of CPAP and BiPAP machines including the popular PR System One 60 Series. The C-100 Travel Battery Pack for CPAP Machines includes:
- Carry Case
- DC Power Pigtail Cord
- 7 Sized Connector Tips
- AC Charger Power Supply & Cord
- DC Input Cord
The clever design of the carry bag included with the C-100 accommodates all included components as well as available accessories. The battery is securely held in place in the bag by a pouch with Velcro closure. A flap on the side of the carry bag allows access to the battery to attach the charger or DC cable for use of the battery. The charge time from AC power with a completely drained battery is about 4 to 5 hours. The charge status can easily be seen through the clear flap of the bag. If desired, remove any components not required for use with your machine and store elsewhere to make the battery and case even lighter weight.
The C-100 Travel Battery comes packaged with 7 connector tips in various sizes. After plugging the pigtail connector to the battery, attach the appropriate sized tip to work with the machine being used. The letter size indicator is stamped on the black cuff of the connector tip above the barrel grip.
Use with Included Components: The following machines are compatible with the included C-100 Travel Battery Pack for CPAP Machines components:
- PR System One 60 Series Machines: Tip "W"
- PR System One 50 Series Machines: Tip "N"
- Respironics M Series Machines: Tip "N"
- DeVilbiss IntelliPAP Machines: Tip "N"
- PB GoodKnight 420 Series of Machines: Tip "J"
Additional Components Required: C-100 Battery accessories or additional components are required to use the following machines:
- ResMed S9 Machines: Add S9 Machine 24V Power Converter for C-100 CPAP Battery Pack to the C-100 Travel Battery
- ResMed S8 Machines: Add DC-12 Converter For S8™ Machines to the C-100 Travel Battery
- Somnetics Transcend Machines: Add Transcend Mobile Power Adapter to the C-100 Travel Battery
- AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines: Add 24V Power Converter for C-100 Travel Battery Pack
- DreamStation Machines: Add DreamStation 12V Power Converter for C-100 CPAP Travel Battery Pack
Additional Components Recommended by Manufacturer Although the manufacturer of the C-100 Battery Pack includes connector tips for use with these machines, the manufacturer of the machines, Philips Respironics, recommends using the following DC Cables for their machines:
- Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines for the PR System One 60 Series line of machine
- 12 Volt DC Power Cord (Connects CPAP to Cigarette Lighter Socket) for the PR System One and M Series line of machines
Pigtail with a Second Battery
Want to extend the run time away from AC power? Consider adding an additional C-100 battery and connecting with the included pigtail cord. The pigtail cord can be attached to two batteries, which in turn is attached to the machine. When one of the batteries is depleted, the other one kicks in. For more information visit the C-100 Travel Battery for CPAP Machines - Battery Only page.
Use While on AC Power
The C-100 Travel Battery for CPAP Machines is a movable, power source intended for short-term use. Because the battery has an input and output, the battery can be plugged into an AC power source to receive a charge while being plugged into a device to discharge. The C-100 battery will discharge its stored power to the device while simultaneously receiving a charge from the AC power source.
The continuous charging and discharging occurring from the battery, will reduce the number of cycles remaining in the battery life. It is recommended only to set the battery in this configuration when a power outage is imminent, as this configuration will shorten the lifespan of the battery. If using a device that will draw a significant amount of battery charge, such as pairing a humidifier with a machine, it is recommended to have two battery cells to provide a longer run time.
BPS offers the S9 Machine 24V Power Converter for use with ResMed S9 machines. To view it bundled with the C-100 battery visit this page: C-100 Battery Pack for S9 Machines Looking for the 24V converter alone? Visit this page: S9 Machine 24V Power Converter for C-100 Travel CPAP Battery Pack.
This Product Includes...
- Carrying Case
- AC Charger Power Supply and Cord
- DC Power Pigtail Cord
- 7 - Connector Tips
- DC Input Cord
The equivalent lithium ion content of the C-100 battery cells is less than 8 grams.
- Equivalent Lithium Ion Content: Less Than 8 grams
- Battery Weight: 1.6 lbs
- Battery Dimensions: 7.5 in L x 4 7/8 in W x 7/8 in D
- Battery Charger Weight: 7.5 oz
- Battery Charger with Power Cord Weight: 9.7 oz
- Battery with Battery Bag, Battery Charger and Cords: 3.02 lbs
- Battery with All Included Components and Bag: 3.21 lbs
- Battery Pack Bag Dimensions: 11 in L x 7 in W x 3 in D
- Battery Pack Bag Weight: 10.4 oz
- Charger Cord Length (Attached Cord) - Not Including Connectors: 47 in
- Power Cord Length - Not Including Connectors: 44 in
- DC Power Pigtail Cord Length - Not Including Connectors: 6 in
- DC Input Cord Length - Not Including Connectors: 4 in
- Power Output of C-100 Battery Pack: 9 - 12.6V / 0 - 4.5A (8A Max) / 97.68Wh
- Maximum Device Power Demand: 8A or Less
- Charger Input Requirements: 100 to 240VAC / 50-60HZ max 0.35A / 60W min
- Charger Output: 19VDC / 3.16A
- Charging Time When Fully Discharged: 4 - 5 Hours
- Shelf Life Without Use: Decreases by 20% Every 90 Days
- Charging Before Storage: Charge to Approx 40% Prior to Storage
- Battery Life: 400 to 500 charging cycles
- Battery Warranty: 6 Months
- Battery Case Materials: Aluminum Alloy Shell
- Disposal: Lithium Ion Batteries Should be Recycled. Dispose of the lithium ion battery in accordance with local regulations.
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Instruction Booklet: To see the complete instructions, view the C-100 Battery Pack User Guide.
BPS FAA Compliance Letter: To view the Battery Power Solutions FAA compliance letter regarding UN Manual Tests and Criteria click: HERE.
The user manual included with your battery can be viewed and downloaded here: C-100 Battery User Guide.
First Time Charging: Fully charge the C-100 Travel Battery Pack for CPAP Machines prior to first use using the included charger and AC power cord. It is normal for the charger and battery to become warm to the touch while charging.
Power Meter: After charging for the first time, the Power Meter may be used to identify how much charge remains in the C-100 Battery. Press the Power Meter button to see 1 - 4 green LED lights will illuminated. The charge levels are identified as follows:
- 1 green LED = < 15% Charge
- 2 green LEDs = 15% - 50% Charge
- 3 green LEDs = 50% - 85% Charge
- 4 green LEDs = > 85% Charge
- Connect the AC power cord to the power supply (charger).
- Plug the charger's output cable into the "DC In" port of the battery.
- Connect the charger to a wall outlet.
- When fully charged, the "Full Charged" indicator on the battery will light up green.
- Once fully charged, disconnect the charger from the battery and wall outlet.
- International Charging: The charger can be used internationally in AC currents from 100V to 240V with appropriate plug adapters such as World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
- Dual Battery Charging: The charger can be used to charge two batteries at once. Simply connect the DC Power Pigtail Cord to the output cable of the charger, then plug the pigtail cable into both batteries.
- Charging from DC Source: Purchase the optional DC to DC Cable for C-100 Travel Battery Pack to charge the battery directly from a DC source using a cigarette lighter style outlet. Also, the C-100 battery may be charged using an inverter to change DC current into AC current. Plug the charger cord into the standard outlet on an inverter to charge the battery. The inverter must put out a minimum of 60W to charge the battery. Interested in an inverter? Consider the small and lightweight: 150W Modified Sine Wave Inverter for C-100 Travel Battery Pack for CPAP Machines.
Choosing the Correct Connector TipMachine compatibility is detailed on the Features tab of this product page. The manufacturer offers the following information for connector tip selection:
- Choose the connector tip that most closely matches in size visually to the DC connection of the device.
- Attempt inserting the connector tip into the DC connection. If the correct connector tip is used, it should fit easily and not have to be forced.
- Once the connector tip with the most secure fitting is found, connect it to the female end of the DC power pigtail cord. If the connector tip is loose, try others that may have a more secure fit.
"ON" Lights When Using C-100 Batteries in Tandem With The Pigtail Cord: When running two C-100 batteries connected with the pigtail cord, the "ON" light on the battery with the greatest voltage will light up. However, if both batteries are at, or near the same voltage, the "ON" lights on both batteries will alternate in lighting up.
8 Amps Maximum Power Demand: The C-100 Battery can provide power for devices which require up to 8 amps. As a note, most CPAP machines operate between 0.5 and 4.5 amps.
Battery Charge: As with all rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, the max charge held will gradually decrease over time due to use and age. The average lifespan under normal conditions is 400-500 battery cycles.
Battery Run Times: Run times will vary greatly depending on several factors: device pressure, use of a heated humidifier or heated tube, use of a inverter or converter, and altitude.
Use With Older Machines
The C-100 is not recommended for use with machines produced earlier than those listed below. Machines older than these can have very short run times with the battery due to the internal components of the machine working harder due to age:
- ResMed machines OLDER than the S8 Series
- Philips Respironics Machines OLDER than the M Series
- Fisher & Paykel Machines OLDER than the ICON Series
- Devilbiss Machines OLDER than the IntelliPAP Series
When the C-100 Battery is paired with a combination of CPAP accessories and a CPAP machine which is running at higher pressures, power to the device and/or accessories may be disabled. If this is encountered, try removing an accessory such as the heated humidifier or heated tube to decrease the power being drawn from the battery.
- Because the cell contents are corrosive, do not abuse the battery in ways that could result in them being exposed. This includes dropping, striking, or crushing the battery.
- The battery should not come in contact with moisture of any kind.
- Discontinue use of any component, including connectors, cables, or the battery itself that appear to have signs of damage.
- Use the included charger only.
- The battery should not be exposed to extreme heat or fire. Explosion may occur.
- Do not disassemble or incinerate the battery.
- Use of the C-100 Battery Pack with devices that require higher wattage may result in the battery shutting off to protect from overrun.
- Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight and away from metal objects and heat.