"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERI took this camping and it worked perfect the entire night, a little charge on my automobile battery the next day and it worked perfect for the second night."
November 18, 2015
Looking for a compact battery and inverter to provide AC power to devices on the go? The C-100 Travel Battery Pack for CPAP Machines with 150W Modified Sine Wave Inverter does just that. Included is the small and lightweight C-100 Battery which packs many features in a travel-sized, useful package.
Manufactured by Battery Power Solutions.
The C-100 Travel Battery Pack for CPAP Machines with 150W Modified Sine Wave Inverter is a combination of the C-100 Battery and 150W Inverter. This combination provides options to use the battery to power devices which require AC power, and also allows the battery to be charged from a DC source.
- AC Power Output
- Battery Charging from DC
- Functional Carry Bag
- Included Accessories
AC Power Output
With use of the included 150W inverter, the DC power provided from the C-100 battery will be inverted into AC power. The inverter features a standard AC outlet so that CPAP machines and other devices that are not DC compatible and require AC power can be used with the battery. Please verify the wattage requirements of the device being plugged in as some require higher than 150W. The following machines require AC power and can be used with the inverter connected to the battery:
- XT Fit CPAP Machine
- XT Auto CPAP Machine
- ICON Premo CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart Heated Hose
- ICON Auto CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart Heated Hose
- SleepStyle 234 CPAP Machine with Built In Heated Humidifier
- Zzz-PAP 'Silent Traveler' CPAP Machine 2 Prong Version Only
- Zzz-PAP Auto CPAP Machine with Therapy Software 2 Prong Version Only
Use While on AC Power
The C-100 Travel Battery for CPAP Machines is a movable, power source intended for short-term use. Because the battery has an input and output, the battery can be plugged into an AC power source to receive a charge while being plugged into a device to discharge. The C-100 battery will discharge its stored power to the device while simultaneously receiving a charge from the AC power source.
The continuous charging and discharging occurring from the battery, will reduce the number of cycles remaining in the battery life. It is recommended only to set the battery in this configuration when a power outage is imminent, as this configuration will shorten the lifespan of the battery. If using a device that will draw a significant amount of battery charge, such as pairing a humidifier with a machine, it is recommended to have two battery cells to provide a longer run time.
Battery Charging from DC
The inverter inverts DC power to AC power, allowing for charging of the C-100 battery from a DC source. To do so, plug the cigarette-style cord from the inverter into a DC outlet, then plug the C-100 battery charger into the AC outlet on the inverter and then into the battery. The lights on the end of the C-100 battery indicate if the battery has completed charging or not.
Please note the charge time from a completely drained battery is 4-5 hours, so it is not recommended to attempt fully charging the battery from a DC power source that could completely drain during the charging process.
Functional Carry Bag
The C-100 carry bag is designed for ease of use. There are two interior envelopes with Velcro closures to hold two C-100 battery cells inside the bag. On one end of the bag is a clear flap to quickly view charging status and charge level. The battery can be used and charged inside the bag. The included inverter can easily fit inside the bag to be taken along if needed.
This C-100 battery kit includes all necessary components to charge the battery from an AC or DC source, and to use the battery as a DC source for compatible devices, or to be inverted into an AC source for AC only devices.
Compatibility with AirSense and AirCurve 10 Machines
Although the 150W inverter will provide an AC power outlet to plug the AirSense or AirCurve 10 power supply in to, it will provide a very low run time in this configuration. It is NOT RECOMMENDED to use the inverter to power these machines. Instead use the AirSense and AirCurve 10 24V Power Converter for C-100 Battery.
Just need DC power, not AC power? The C-100 Travel Battery Pack for CPAP Machines is the same package without the added inverter.
This Product Includes...
- C-100 Travel Battery
- 150W Inverter
- Carrying Case
- AC Charger (Power Supply and Cord)
- DC Power Pigtail Cord
- 7 - Connector Tips
- DC Input Cord
The equivalent lithium ion content of the C-100 battery cells is less than 8 grams.
- Equivalent Lithium Ion Content: Less Than 8 grams
- Battery Weight: 1.6 lbs
- Battery Dimensions: 7.5 in L x 4 7/8 in W x 7/8 in D
- Battery Charger Weight: 7.5 oz
- Battery Charger with Power Cord Weight: 9.7 oz
- Battery with Battery Bag, Battery Charger with Cord: 3.02 lbs
- Battery Pack Bag Dimensions: 11 in L x 7 in W x 3 in D
- Battery Pack Bag Weight: 10.4 oz
- Charger Cord Length (Attached Cord) - Not Including Connectors: 47 in
- Power Cord Length - Not Including Connectors: 44 in
- DC Power Pigtail Cord Length - Not Including Connectors: 6 in
- DC Input Cord Length - Not Including Connectors: 4 in
- Power Output of C-100 Battery Pack: 9 - 12.6V / 0 - 4.5A (8A Max) / 97.68Wh
- Maximum Device Power Demand: 8A or Less
- Charger Input Requirements: 100 to 240VAC / 50-60HZ max 0.35A / 60W min
- Charger Output: 19VDC / 3.16A
- Charging Time When Fully Discharged: 4 - 5 Hours
- Shelf Life Without Use: Decreases by 20% Every 90 Days
- Charging Before Storage: Charge to Approx 40% Prior to Storage
- Battery Life: 400 to 500 charging cycles
- Battery Warranty: 6 Months
- Battery Case Materials: Aluminum Alloy Shell
- Dimensions - Inverter Only: 5.25 in x 2.75 in x 0.5 in
- Weight - Inverter Only: 0.5 lbs
- Inverter Output Rated Power: 120W (Continuous) - 150W (Maximum)
- Inverter DC Cable Length - Not Including Connectors: 27.5 in
- Disposal: Lithium Ion Batteries Should be Recycled. Dispose of the lithium ion battery in accordance with local regulations.
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Instruction Booklet: To see the complete instructions, view the C-100 Battery Pack User Guide.
BPS FAA Compliance Letter: To view the Battery Power Solutions FAA compliance letter regarding UN Manual Tests and Criteria click: HERE.
The user manual included with your battery can be viewed and downloaded here: C-100 Battery User Guide.
First Time Charging: Fully charge the C-100 Travel Battery Pack for CPAP Machines prior to first use using the included charger and AC power cord. It is normal for the charger and battery to become warm to the touch while charging.
Power Meter: After charging for the first time, the Power Meter may be used to identify how much charge remains in the C-100 Battery. Press the Power Meter button to see 1 - 4 green LED lights will illuminated. The charge levels are identified as follows:
- 1 green LED = < 15% Charge
- 2 green LEDs = 15% - 50% Charge
- 3 green LEDs = 50% - 85% Charge
- 4 green LEDs = > 85% Charge
- Connect the AC power cord to the power supply (charger).
- Plug the charger's output cable into the "DC In" port of the battery.
- Connect the charger to a AC outlet.
- When fully charged, the "Full Charged" indicator on the battery will light up green.
- Once fully charged, disconnect the charger from the battery and AC outlet.
- Estimate 4 to 5 hours to charge when battery is fully discharged.
- International Charging: The charger can be used internationally in AC currents from 100V to 240V with appropriate plug adapters such as World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
- Dual Battery Charging: The charger can be used to charge two batteries at once. Simply connect the DC Power Pigtail Cord to the output cable of the charger, then plug the pigtail cable into both batteries.
- Charging from DC Source: Purchase the optional DC to DC Cable for C-100 Travel Battery Pack to charge the battery directly from a DC source using a cigarette lighter style outlet. Also, the C-100 battery may be charged using the included inverter to change DC current into AC current. Plug the charger cord into the standard outlet on the inverter to charge the battery.
C-100 and Freedom Battery Compatibility
The C-100 battery and Freedom battery are compatible and may be used together in dual configuration to power a CPAP device. Use the DC Power Pigtail Cord for C-100 & Freedom Travel Battery Packs for CPAP Machines to pair the batteries to the unit.
Choosing the Correct Connector TipMachines which require AC power will have to be powered using the included inverter. Some devices can be powered from DC power and would use the included connector tips and pigtail cord to connect directly to the battery. The manufacturer offers the following information for connector tip selection:
- Choose the connector tip that most closely matches in size visually to the DC connection of the device.
- Attempt inserting the connector tip into the DC connection. If the correct connector tip is used, it should fit easily and not have to be forced.
- Once the connector tip with the most secure fitting is found, connect it to the female end of the DC power pigtail cord. If the connector tip is loose, try others that may have a more secure fit.
"ON" Lights When Using C-100 Batteries in Tandem With The Pigtail Cord: When running two C-100 batteries connected with the pigtail cord, the "ON" light on the battery with the greatest voltage will light up. However, if both batteries are at, or near the same voltage, the "ON" lights on both batteries will alternate in lighting up.
When the C-100 Battery is paired with a combination of CPAP accessories and a CPAP machine which is running at higher pressures, power to the device and/or accessories may be disabled. If this is encountered, try removing an accessory such as the heated humidifier or heated tube to decrease the power being drawn from the battery.
- Because the cell contents are corrosive, do not abuse the battery in ways that could result in them being exposed. This includes dropping, striking, or crushing the battery.
- The battery should not come in contact with moisture of any kind.
- Discontinue use of any component, including connectors, cables, or the battery itself that appear to have signs of damage.
- Use the included charger only.
- The battery should not be exposed to extreme heat or fire. Explosion may occur.
- Do not disassemble or incinerate the battery.
- Use of the C-100 Battery Pack with devices that require higher wattage may result in the battery shutting off to protect from overrun.
- Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight and away from metal objects and heat.
Battery Charge: As with all rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, the max charge held will gradually decrease over time due to use and age. The average lifespan under normal conditions is 400-500 battery cycles.
Battery Run Times: Run times will vary greatly depending on several factors: device pressure, use of a heated humidifier or heated tube, use of a inverter or converter, and altitude. Use of the included inverter will reduce the run time of the battery by nearly half.
8 Amps Maximum Power Demand: The C-100 Battery can provide power for devices which require up to 8 amps. As a note, most CPAP machines operate between 0.5 and 4.5 amps.